Airline of the Year

Krakow Airport

"nice and helpful staff"

I love the new Krakow airport. It's now quicker to check-in, and the queues are quick. I love the new bridge link to the train station from the airport to Krakow Central. There are good facilities on check-in side, and if you want to eat, there is a great restaurant on the upper floor at the end of terminal 2 (Arrivals side). Security runs quickly and smoothly. Very kind staff, and there is another great restaurant once you go through security, next to duty free, and a great coffee shop. 15 gates, all accommodated with comfortable seating and WiFi throughout the airport. There are 4-5 gates at the non-schengen side, and most flights are to the UK, so I think 3 more would do the job, especially as everyone fly Ryanair, which is always packed. I'd definitely recommend this airport it provides great connections easily, and the airport has a lot of nice and helpful staff.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"one of the worst airports I have used"

Krakow Airport is one of the worst airports I have used. Very little information provided regarding check in (check in has no logic - flights departing later than ours were checking in quite a while before we could), and when check in did start it was painfully slow, although staff were very pleasant. Security check took a long time, with long snaking queues. We were glad we weren't in a hurry. Once we entered the departures area we saw how poor this airport really is. There were very few ladies toilets available (I think there were three) and naturally there was a queue. There was a restaurant with no available tables and a long queue to find a seat so we could not even have a meal before our flight. The duty free store was cramped and - yes - there was a long queue right down the middle of the store so it was very difficult to look for what you wanted. Passport control was at the entrance to the gate area - not a good thing to be standing in a long, slow queue as your flight is called for boarding. Staff at the passport control were totally unpleasant. This airport is truly awful, and as Krakow is a beautiful city, it does not deserve such an inefficient, unfriendly dump as its gateway to the world.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"not a pleasant place to be"

I visited Krakow Airport on a city break - arriving no problem and everywhere dazzling. On departure, we were shocked at the departure lounge - nowhere to sit, food and drink prices even a pirate would be ashamed of. We were not happy and could not wait to be herded into the transit area to await transit home not a pleasant place to be - travellers beware.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"a bad first and last impression"

Arrived into Krakow on Jet2 flight from NCL. Immigration fine (no queues) but baggage reclaim appalling. Approximately 10 bags arrived on the carousel after a wait of 10 or so minutes. The carousel then stopped completely for 40 minutes. Meanwhile, the luggage from a later flight (Ryanair from Alicante) arrived on the neighbouring carousel. Only after all the Ryanair luggage had been dealt with did the rest of the luggage for my flight arrive. Did the baggage handlers deliberately give priority to a later flight? It certainly seemed that way. Departure was little better, with a long queue at the Jet2 desk and no dedicated bag drop for those who had checked in online. Despite arriving 1hr 50 minutes before departure, the queue was lengthy and was processed so slowly that I got to the gate with only 10 minutes to spare. This airport creates a very bad first (and last) impression of Poland, and the contrast with NCL could not be more pronounced.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"avoid Krakow airport at all costs"

(Denmark)

The time in line for check in at Krakow airport was horribly long. The queue to get through security was even longer. Past security at the gates there is hardly any seating except some cold hard steel benches. Have they ever heard of a fridge in the airport? What is the point of selling water that costs around 8 times more than in the city and it is not even cold. To get something to eat in the airport - forget it. It doesn't exist. All in all my best recommendation is to try to avoid Kraków airport at all costs.
Date VisitJune 2016

"WiFi doesn't work"

(Poland)

Krakow airport is still under construction but they could clean the available passenger space. The arrival hall is dirty. Only 1 toilet for Schengen departure area, which seems funny considering money spent on the terminal. Small buffet, no restaurant, not enough places to sit. Arrival area will give you more fun, all of bags could be delivered by 1 working belt only, even though there are 5 or 6 belts there. WiFi exists but doesn't work, even mobile net is not working.
Date VisitApril 2016

"complete shambles and unorganised scramble"

We arrived at Krakow on Monday 21st September expecting to use the new train service which the airport's web site says should be open from 15th September. Not true and the local information counter in terminal 2 arrivals didn't know when it would open. Got a taxi to the city which took about 30 minutes. On the way home on Friday 25th September we decided to take the airport bus service 292. This took 1 hour and 40 minutes as it is not an express service and there are several road works on route. We were flying back to Newcastle with Jet 2. Gate 2b had only one operating toilet in the mens room - the urinal was covered by a plastic bag. An airport staff member turned up at the gate but made no announcement to the waiting passengers. Subsequently a tannoy announcement stated that they would be boarding by row number and priority given to passengers with children which would ease congestion. A bus drew up and after the initial group got on some other passengers were also allowed to board. A second bus was required for the remainder of the passengers. The first bus drove towards the aircraft but stopped twice before reaching it. We were not allowed off until the second bus turned up resulting in a complete shambles and unorganised scramble on the tarmac as passengers tried to get to the front and rear stairs from both buses at the same time. This completely negated the 'organised' procedures previously announced and the airport needs to sort this out.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"signage was clear and adequate"

3 hours til my flight so just killing a bit of time. I'm not going to run down this developing airport - I rate it fractionally below City of Derry airport but it beats Heathrow by a massive margin, having travelled through Heathrow airport in the summer. I arrived by taxi and was straight in the front door, had checked in already so was straight through to security. Took me a minute to get my bearings but signage was clear and adequate. No queues at security, was straight through. Security was professional and polite - I've come across much worse. Downstairs had a lot of full seats so went upstairs in terminal 1, plenty seats free, nice and quiet, no din and a dim area if you wanted a snooze. Shops a bit sparse but got all the basics - and hey the duty free really is at duty free prices. You're not going to get lost in this airport, it's very compact so there's no endless miles of corridors, or multiple bus transfers required. So for something a bit different and a quick and easy passage through the terminal I'm going to give it a big fat 10. Found the taxi drivers very fair also both coming and going. Good luck for the new terminal.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"new terminal building is under construction"

Krakow Airport. New terminal building is under construction. The old terminals are clearly to small to handle peak traffic. Bagage claim after Ryanair flight from Eindhoven was in a small annex, situated 1 km from the old terminal and, more important, from the carpark building, where the car rental offices are situated. Luckily a helpful employee from the only other company situated in the annex was so kind to bring us over. Maybe there was a shuttle connection, but I didn't notice any signs. The international departures terminal has a rather peculiar layout. The counter with higher numbers are 'around the corner' via a small corridor, next to the entrance of the security check. We departed on a rather quite day, still it was not easy to find seats for the waiting. Good thing was the seperate bus drive to the plane with the priority boarding passengers only.

Krakow Airport customer review

I dislike Krakow Airport. I understand that is still under construction and expansion, however, there are things, which should be put in place regardless. Like the customer service at the departure section. The arrival process of picking up the luggage seems to be flawless, regardless the congestion at this part of airport. There is a lot of to improve at the departure section. On the recent flight from Krakow to NY with transfer in Berlin, I found the customer service personnel at the Customer Service desk very rude and arrogant. When I asked where I could check in, the answer “behind the corner” astonished me. “Behind the corner” there was hundreds of people waiting in line, however nobody knew why and where they were waiting. On my second question, is there a way to omit that line, I heard that “this is my problem”, not her. Thankfully, a few minutes later I found another customer service girl, who was much more helpful and who directed me to the proper place. The check-in window was empty. At the check-in window, the young man was very helpful trying to help me with a seat assignment for my daughter and me. Upstairs at the waiting room people are everywhere, sitting on the floor when there is more than one plane scheduled which is almost a routine. Our plane was late, which I think made the situation worse. I was very pleased with courtesy of security check-in staff, but that did not diminish the earlier bad experience at the Customer Service desk. I just hope that the next time I visit Krakow, the airport will be less crowded, and personnel courtesy will be improved.
Date VisitAugust 2015