KLIA Kuala Lumpur Airport

"Malaysia, you can do better than this"

Trip Verified | Yes I want to confirm: KLIA is so bad for geting through immigration. We (2) arrived to visit a friend in KL and we experienced a wait of 1.5 hours. Date: 13 November 2017, time 11.10 arrival from Singapore. Why oh why does it have to be like this. No other airport takes anything like this long nowadays, and more use simple technology built into most passports to speed things up. Not enough people at the desks too. And they just look at you: no "welcome to Malaysia", no smile. In fact no words at all. Come on Malaysia, you can do better than this for your great country.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"isn't anywhere decent to eat airside"

Not Verified | If you are going to go out via domestic departures eat before you go. There isn't anywhere decent to eat airside. Nowhere sensible for breakfast. Had some dire coffee. There are some decent places on the land side near where you check in. We have just been delayed and there isn't much here.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"should not and must not happen"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Arrival into KLIA at noon on the 17th November 2017 was horrendous. Long queue for non Malaysian passengers during clearance of passport. This brings a bad image to the travelers who use KLIA2 airport. Maybe it was due to the Friday prayers or a lack of manpower, however such long queues should not and must not happen at an international airport.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"we had a lot of problems"

Unverified | I have used KLIA2 a lot over the last few years, and until today, generally had a good experience. Sadly today, we had a lot of problems queuing to exit through immigration for our flight to Indonesia. Not enough officers on duty, queues took so long that our flight was closed by time we ran to gate, security staff were also quite rude. Luckily, Air Asia crew let us board the closed flight, which we were thankful for. That said, the attitude and general set up I encountered today has prompted me to never use this airport again which is not representative of the great country that is Malaysia. In future I will travel via Changi, where there is always excellent service.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"satisfied with immigration process"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Transit in Kuala Lumpur from Penang to Jakarta by MAS. The building was good, and clean. Check for immigration from International Arrival to Domestic Departure was fast. No queue at all, very satisfied with their immigration process, sadly its hard to find the ground staff to ask for information. But overall is good!
Date VisitMay 2017

"a long unending queue"

(Indonesia)

Unverified | When I arrived on Friday 27 October I was greeted by a long unending queue of people in the immigration. But I was fine, an hour or two is fine, despite having to walk around the baggage belt later on looking for my luggage that has been taken down of the belt probably ages ago. But it was MOTOGP weekend, understandable. Back to the immigration issue. With many (what seems to be) tourists from China, some come to the booths without proper documents and had to be sent back but they stick around for 3-4 minutes in the counters not knowing what the immigration officer has said, looking for their tour guide, you get the picture. Next, departure, step one Check In. I made a check-in by the self check in counter where they give luggage tags and such, I tried following the instruction and apparently made a tiny mistake, at the baggage drop counter, staff were obviously unhappy with me and kept "tsk"ing me, three times! Okay, patience. After check in it was another long queue for boarding pass check, 20 minutes. Immigration was surprisingly empty. Nothing to complain there. That was my experience with KLIA. Would I come back to KL, definitely! Do I look forward to being in KLIA, not really.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"Airport staff are not friendly"

Verified Review | Airport staff are not friendly though the airport itself is nice. My experience was bad. A foreigner before me was at the immigration counter and there were some problems with her documents so she left. The immigration officer looked like he was waiting for something. I kept looking at him and he never gave a nod or any signal so I waited. A minute later he nodded for another woman to go to him when I was supposed to be next in line. By the time I got there, he scolded me for waiting and said I must present myself since it is immigration and he doesn’t need to call me. He was rude, arrogant and very condescending. I’ve been to a lot of airports and 2 times in KLIA but this is the first time that an immigration officer acted rudely on a customer and a foreigner at that.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Customs at KLIA is very bad"

Unverified | Customs at KLIA is very bad! Waited for almost 1.5 hours. 1) Not many counters open and the immigration officers are quite lazy taking their own sweet time which ended up causing a long massive jam. 2) The queue barrier is too wide and resulting people were cutting queues and queuing anywhere they liked. 3) KLIA should deploy airport staff / customs staff around the customs area so that people who are lost or need help can seek help from the relevant staff.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"the worst that I have encountered"

(Cambodia)

Verified Review | These two airports in Asia must be the worst that I have encountered. Nothing good to say for them at all! They could learn a lot from other airports in the region, eg: Singapore, which of course is number 1. As stated previously, dirty toilets, below quality food at all of the restaurants and as for seating on a transit flight, hopeless.

"Not what I expect"

Verified Review | Awful foreign passport control. I’m queuing in foreign passport control now, been here an hour, another hour to go. No queuing system, no control, no one is here to manage the queue. This is a mess. People are pushing into the queue. Plus there are passport control people for crew, first class or Malaysian nationals who are just sitting there with no customers. Some officers/staff should be here to take foreigner passport holders in small groups to free controllers to utilise them fully. But they just sit and stare at us from their booths. Where is the management for this? Not what I expect at an international airport.