Kirkenes Airport

Terminal Cleanliness N/A
Queuing Times N/A

Kirkenes Airport customer review

Review by 11th October 2006

Kirkenes has a brand new airport terminal which really looks nice and may be adequate to handle some handful of passengers. I arrived with a Widerøe turboprop flight from Vardø and we were 2 passengers on board. We had to walk the few metres from the plane to the terminal building but unfortunately both doors to the arrival hall were locked. The guy who drove the little baggage cart for our flight suggested to follow him. So we entered the terminal through a "back door". Two suitcases were on the brand new belt immediately so we didn't had time to watch the modern interior of the terminal. Unfortunately both suitcases belonged to the other passenger. So I ringed somebody out of the closed SAS office to complain about my missing luggage. When he took the details about my blue suitcase he suddenly stopped went back into the office and came out with my suitcase. It arrived on an earlier and direct flight. As the airport bus runs only once a day on saturdays he offered to call a taxi. This will need 12 minutes to arrive from town because there usually are no taxis at the airport waiting. So I spent the time waiting in the sun on a bench in front of the terminal. NOTHING happened there during these twelve minutes. Overall it was a funny and sympathetic experience at this minor airport at the edge of Europe.