Vote Now

Kansas City Airport

"my hometown airport has deteriorated"

Verified Review | I am a Kansas City resident who travels frequently for my job so am very familiar with other airports around the country. I am appalled at how far my hometown airport has deteriorated. The bathrooms are despicable! Filthy and in disrepair every single time I travel which is 2 to 3 times per month. The food choices are sparse and extremely expensive as compared to other airports. It's time KC woke up and does something about the airport.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"this place is awful"

Verified Review | This place is awful. I feel as though I am in a cattle yard. Having to go through security just to use the restroom is ridiculous. Talk about deterring people from flying. 1 bathroom "inside" the wall to service passengers is bogus. I will never fly through this aiport again. Avoid this place, even if it means paying more for a non-stop ticket. Lesson learned.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"a terrible place to get stuck"

Kansas City is easily the worst major airport I have seen. What a disgrace. Uncomfortable, poorly lit, horrible food options (a little snack vendor once clear of TSA). Just a terrible place to get stuck waiting for an hour or so.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"poor lighting, poor food option, depressing"

Very poor design. I got maneuvered out of the gates area and had to go through security again. Poor lighting, poor food option, depressing. The food was outrageously expensive. I saw a woman try to buy a sandwich for $10.00, she was so shocked she returned it.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"crowded, with inadequate, old seating"

We could hardly believe how awkward and confusing it was to arrive and transfer to another plane. We almost mistakenly left the secure area as we disembarked. The airport was crowded, with inadequate, old seating. The one bathroom available in terminal B had too long of a line. What a choice:. Do we use the bathroom or miss our flight? Very little food was available. We will avoid this airport in the future!
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"little after the security"

Verified Review | There is some debate around this airport. There is TSA prechecked, other reviews said none, at the Delta gates for 56-60 and there was a longer queue there than I have seen at any other airport. There is very little after the security except a bottle of water less than a liter for more than $5 and I could not find any water fountain. Small and narrow in a rainbow shape. Even the check in for Sky priority was slower than everyone else.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"an airport we will avoid"

Kansas City airport is stuck in the 70's. There is no flow to it. Restaurants are few and far between. There is a security checkpoint every 5-6 gates, so no long lines, but if you need to change planes here, you likely will have to leave the secure area and go through security again. There is no place to connect laptops, phones, etc. They do not have TSA pre-check, so you have to take out your electronics and liquids. Actually, they don't have TSA, they use a private company that dresses almost identically to TSA, except for the badging. The security person who checked our identification was very rude. For us, this is an airport we will avoid, We had our choice of KC, Omaha or Des Moines for this trip, and chose KC because it was less expensive. Next time, we will pay more and avoid KC airport.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"I'm ashamed of this airport"

I am from Kansas City and I'm ashamed of this airport. It hasn't changed since it was designed in the 70s. The terminals are corridors with too few seats, charging stations, bathrooms and food and shopping options. I have to make sure my phone has a full charge before I arrive. I hate having to spend anytime in the airport when I come home. As the first impression visitors get of Kansas City, the tourist board and Better Buisness Bureau and Governing bodies of Kansas City need to wake up.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"ambience sorely lacking"

I love Kansas City and have family there so fly in and out frequently, often combining the visit with trips to other cities. When will it get an upgrade? 1) When making a connection at MCI it is necessary to exit security go into the main airport and then re-enter security (unless you depart from the same gate as arrival). Once in my seat and settled, items from my 3oz liquids bag (lotions, lipcreams and other toiletries) are removed, water bottle is filled, and generally I know that even when there is a connection I can disembark, zoom over to my next flight without repacking and not worry about going through security again. 2) No TSA precheck available at any security entry. 3) Have visited every restaurant. Food selection is pretty miserable everywhere. Try finding a restaurant that has a salad with green lettuce - not iceberg - lettuce or any vegetables. Or anything that isn't fried. AC settings keep you frigid. Ambience sorely lacking. Service friendly and efficient. MCI is an international airport. Uncertain how efficient arrivals in that area are.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"deserve much better"

Of all the major hubs, this is the worst. No TSA Pre, inadequate cramped waiting and seating. Obvious they don't want to improve or expand. Tiny airports around the country are nicer than this. Too bad for the nice people who live and work here. They deserve much better.
Date VisitJune 2016