Vote Now

Jeddah Airport

"experience was very good"

Verified Review | I was dreading my experience having read the reviews of Jeddah Airport. I arrived and departed from Saudi Airlines terminal and experience was very good. I heard that experience at international terminal (North) is not as good as South terminal (Saudia terminal). The airport has limited space so seating can be a real problem. Staff were friendly. Baggage arrival can be slow and your bus ride once you deplane can take between 5-20 minutes depending on where the plane is parked.
Date VisitApril 2017

"a place to avoid"

Transited through Jeddah from Frankfurt to Lahore. For an international airport that services travellers to the holy cities of Makah and Medina, the people who run this airport forgot to keep this place up to date, for the amount of traffic that comes through. You have to take the bus to get to the airport once landed, once there, there is very little signage except a desk with some security to check your passport. there is no concept of queues here, once they look over your paperwork they point you up the stairs, with little to no information and it seems everyone that works here can speak little to no English. Once up the stairs there is a random guy sitting there with a baggage scanner who does not really care and is more concerned to just relax. At this point you walk into a room that looks like an old Cigar smoke shop, with people laying all over the place and no real indication on where to go. Once you figure out how to get to the next security check you will be yelled at by security on what to do and herded like cattle into lines where peoples first priority is push and shove to get to the front. Once again be prepared for extreme rudeness. Once through you will go through the duty free shop area and enter the main departure terminal. I think the seating ratio is 1 seat per 100 people, with more people sitting on the floor. One bathroom for men and one for women to handle the whole terminal. Not much to eat there and no courtesy amongst the employees. My wife was with me with our two month old son and no one was willing to give up their seat to sit down and she and I ended up standing for close to an hour before our gate was called. Once your gate is called you will be bussed off to your plane which in our case was a 15+ minute bus ride as our plane was parked by the new airport under construction. I thought Istanbul airport was bad for seating, this airport made that place look like the greatest place ever. My final suggestion don't come here, maybe once the new airport is opened it might improve, but if they keep the same staff and run the new airport like this current one it too will be a place to avoid.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"one of the worst (international) airports"

Verified Review | Possibly one of the worst (international) airports in the world - not enough sitting spaces to accommodate travelers, forcing people to sit / lay down on the floor. Only 2 places to get anything to drink (or eat), plus one of those two didn't have any dedicated sitting area. My recommendation - if you can avoid this airport make sure you do!
Date VisitMarch 2017

"definitely has one of the worst services out there"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | My flight landed at Jeddah International Hajj Terminal. I had been told by friends prior to my trip about the dreadful immigration, thus, I had prepared myself for the worst. It turns out, I did experience the worst. Queuing was fine, until the immigration officer handling my line suddenly left - to take a phone call. Once he was finished, he went on to chat with his friend. Moreover, there were other officers who were free. In fact, they saw that my queue was not handled by any officer, but ignorantly walked off as if they saw nothing. After thirty minutes or so, the officer finally came back as if nothing had happened. As a side note, this didn't only happen to my queue, but also to another queue. On the bright side, during my departure, I went through Jeddah International (Not the Hajj one) and the immigrant officers there were actually doing their job and not leaving any stations. Overall, this airport definitely has one of the worst services out there and I would only recommend to those who want to experience the tortuous queue.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"had a rather pleasant surprise"

After having read the worst reviews about this airport, I had very low expectations. Well, I had a rather pleasant surprise: transit was quite quick, very short queue at security and connecting gates (and business class lounge) just a few steps away. Sure, seating can be very limited at times, so is shopping and dining, but on the other hand, you avoid kilometers of walking through endless corridors and useless shops like in the big airports.

"very dirty, so crowded"

Jeddah is the worst airport I have ever been too. Very dirty, so crowded that it is hard to find a place to stand. Staff cannot understand English. Gate number is not known untill 30 minutes before departure. North American airports handle 50 times more traffic than this airport with no issue. It is shameful that this airport is the gateway to the holy city of Makkah. Pilgrims contribute probably 20% to Saudi economy, they should at least make this gateway airport more comfortable.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"facilities and organisation is shocking"

Jeddah is the worst airport I've been to. Staff rude, arrogant and uninterested. Not in the least helpful and a total disgrace. A lot to improve on. Airport facilities and organisation in general is shocking. Gate information etc not upto date. If it wasn't the only way to get to the 2 holy mosques I wouldn't bother. Travelled through this airport 7 times, always the same. What a shame.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"facilities that are insufficient"

(Malaysia)

A very crowded airport with facilities that are insufficient. Long lines to the toilet inside depature hall. Immigration staff are slow and seems to be uninterested on their job. It took 2 hours to check on our luggage for group travellers. The security personnel are very rude, arrogant and seems to be uninterested on their jobs as well. Once inside depature hall I saw many people on the floor because there are not enough seats. 30 minutes to depature still we don't know the gate number. It is a shame that it is a gateway to 2 Muslim holy mosques.

"never again"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Never again in my life will I choose an airline that transits here. Have transited and been stranded in Jeddah Airport twice, early September and the end of November for 8 hours each. Toilets? As mentioned by another reviewer, I hope you don't need to use the bathroom, wet floor and a horrible smell. Wifi? Nothing can connect though there is some "free wifi", you need to register and it ended up with nothing. Some metal benches without armrests can be found. Very limited food stalls. The business pax could use the free lounge (but not with economy class even you intend to pay). The staff were not very helpful. I was looking for staff at the information desk and didn't find any for 2.5 hours.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"staff are not helpful"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Boarding gate information is displayed late, one bathroom I can see and hardly any refreshment stands, early enough to satisfy the volume of passengers. Seating? I'm a "Sky Priority" (Business Class) passenger and paying 4 times the normal price with the national airline gets me a seat on the floor. I'm a lucky one. Families and kids are suffering the worst. Staff are not helpful, Sky Priority staff are not at their stations, people are pushing and shoving in the lines and the officials either are unable or unwilling to speak in English. Trash cans are over filled and well, like I mentioned, just hope you don't need the bathroom. Shopping? Nothing like that. The one shop is all closed up. Bad is not a good enough word.
Date VisitSeptember 2016