Top 100 Airlines

Jeddah Airport

"staff are not helpful"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Boarding gate information is displayed late, one bathroom I can see and hardly any refreshment stands, early enough to satisfy the volume of passengers. Seating? I'm a "Sky Priority" (Business Class) passenger and paying 4 times the normal price with the national airline gets me a seat on the floor. I'm a lucky one. Families and kids are suffering the worst. Staff are not helpful, Sky Priority staff are not at their stations, people are pushing and shoving in the lines and the officials either are unable or unwilling to speak in English. Trash cans are over filled and well, like I mentioned, just hope you don't need the bathroom. Shopping? Nothing like that. The one shop is all closed up. Bad is not a good enough word.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"disgraceful is an understatement"

Verified Review | Disgraceful is an understatement for this airport. Being a flagship airport, the standards are one of the worst I have ever seen. I have experienced both the north and south terminals and one is worse than the other. Staff are rude specially the security staff and there are no premium boarding liens. Shabby decor, poor space and filthy toilets are just a mild description of what awaits the traveler there. No WiFi and lack of power outlets makes it still more miserable. I dread having to wait in this airport with a delayed flight.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"Seating is very limited"

Verified Review | I was transiting at Jeddah Airport last year in September 2015, and I would rate this the worst airport among all. Jeddah Airport looks like an old train station and the staff attitude matches the condition. They were rude and unfriendly. Seating is very limited. Because of this airport staff and condition I would not fly Saudia again even though their fares are cheaper.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"highly recommend alternatives"

Awful experience in Jeddah airport. I had to wait 2 hours to enter into the airport. I was allowed in just an hour before my flight's scheduled departure. Had to rush every stage after I got in check-in, security clearance, gates. All in all total chaos, just made before gates closed. English language is not entertained here. Passengers / staff smoke wherever they want, no designated smoking areas. If you have options from different airport, I highly recommend alternatives.
Date VisitJune 2016

Jeddah Airport customer review

18 flights this year from Jeddah and back. It's looks like it's improving as the terminals are getting make overs but sadly the organisation and customer service is the worst. The arrogance which is shown by the staff is disgraceful. They shout at you, they grunt and wave thier arms. Probably the most frustrating and annoying airport on the planet.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"immigration slow, almost 2 hours"

(Indonesia)

Arrived into Jeddah from Jakarta via Doha in the evening. Was surprised there's no jetbridge only a shuttle bus to take us from plane to the terminal - the bus was crowded. Airport staff pretty helpful and give special transport for disabled people to bring them from plane to terminal (my mom really needed it). Immigration progress very slow, almost 2 hours. The toilets very dirty and smelly. The following week, we travelled back to Jakarta via Doha with an early morning flight. Very crowded because only 4 or 5 immigration counters were open. I waited for my flight in a cafe because the seats are more comfortable than the main airport. The airport departure area was very hot. I don't know if it's because the air conditioning doesn't work well or because the departure area was crowded. There are many restaurant, cafe and shopping options in departures. No special transport for disabled people for boarding, they just take the regular shuttle bus (but board first).
Date VisitMarch 2016

"airport is overcrowded"

I had to fly out of Jeddah airport last night and was extremely disappointed that, as a Skyteam Elite Plus Member I was not allowed into the domestic lounge. There was no indication that this would be the case and last time, about three months ago, I could access the lounge which made the waiting time tolerable. The airport is overcrowded, loud and the staff are sometimes unfriendly which I knew before. So, the only reason for me to fly out of there and not getting a driver from Jeddah to Medina was the possibility of avoiding the mess by waiting in the lounge. They told me the rules had changed and you can only access the AlFursan lounge as a member of the AlFursan programme. Terrible service and definitely a reason for me to avoid domestic Saudia flights via Jeddah in the future.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"the services were remarkable"

I am very impressed with the quality and service at King Abdul Aziz International Airport. On arrival on 14/12/2015 it took a long time to pass through immigration (around 4-5 hours) because of the heavy rush of Umrah passengers but on departure the services were remarkable. In half an hour all the formalities of luggage and immigration etc were completed and I was relaxed. Wonderful experience at King Abdul Aziz International Airport Jeddah.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"disregard for basic decency"

(Saudi Arabia)

I am an expat resident in Saudi. I have lived near Jeddah for 3 years. My experiences in the Jeddah airport lately have been atrocious. The security and passport control employees are incompetent. Men have at least 3-4 "men only" designated security lines. Women are forced into only 2 "women only" lines. Then women are forced to share the baggage conveyor belt with men, with an average of 10 men bags being checked to every one bag of a woman's that makes it onto the belt. My husband waited for 30 minutes for me and my daughter to make it out of that mess on our last trip. Yesterday, when I arrived with my family from holiday travel, we got in line under a sign which said "Residents and Visit Visas" because we are residents with valid resident visas. We waited patiently for about 30 minutes to reach the front of the line. When the passport official looked at our foreign passports he threw them to the side and barked at a green uniformed man who took us to another longer line and put us at the end of it! They said "you are not Saudi" as the reason for moving us to another line, even though there was no indication that the line we were in was a Saudi only line. Also keep in mind it was 3am and I had a sleeping child in my arms. When I protested being treated this way, showed the guard our resident visas and our IDs from our employer, the official said some thing dismissive in Arabic that made other airport workers laugh and mock us. This airport has shocking disregard for basic human decency.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"nothing good to eat"

(Slovenia)

We stayed in transit for 9 hours, it was awful. Only three coffee shops, nothing good to eat, and the toilets are the worst. No smoking area, but not that, every 15 minutes they are telling you on the speaker that it's forbidden to smoke. I don't recommend this airport.
Date VisitNovember 2015