Jeddah Airport

"very unorganized and unhygienic"

Trip Verified | I was very disappointed with Jeddah Airport. The bathrooms were very unorganized and unhygienic. There were no napkins, no toilet paper, or cleanliness of the bathroom itself. Everything was wet and there was a strong odour coming from the bathrooms. This is an international airport with countless people who visit. I was expecting at least the bathrooms to be neat and tidy. I have never experienced this and no one at the airport responds to these concerns. Please pay attention to the bathrooms, think about the elderly, families with children, and those who have disabilities - how unpleasant this experience could be for them.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"got this remark several times"

Trip Verified | I travel through this airport quite often and several times I have been annoyed by the behavior of some employees at the passport control. Your name is Arabic, speak Arabic! I am sorry but I can’t. Do they have a problem speaking English in this international airport? I got this remark several times. Not once. I am very much disappointed as such a remark is absolutely innapropriated, furthermore it’s never said nicely or politely.

"no wi-fi connection"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | This airport is the worst I have ever been to. I travelled a lot in Africa and other developing countries and have never seen an airport like this one. 1) It is really crowded and there are not enough seat for everyone. Impossible to rest or sleep. 2) The staff are rude and they will not help you, even for a simple problem. I had a long transit (12hr) and when I bought the ticket, they told me they were giving me a lounge. Once at the airport no lounge: they told me that I could wait near the gates and that in 2 hours someone was going to leave his seat. 3) The airport is really dirty. In the toilet there was a strong smell of urine and feces. People washing feet in the sink before going to the prayer room (I've been there 12 hours, I've seen a lot of people doing it). Sure you'd like to wash your teeth there. 4) Wi-fi was not working. They need your cell-phone number to receive an SMS with a code. That doesn't work. We had 5 active sim cards (3 Italian, 2 Indonesian) not one worked. We are in the 2018 and no wi-fi connection. 5) Poor food selection. Forget to eat something good.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"Rude and unhelpful airport staff"

Trip Verified | I have transited through every airport in the GCC and this one is the absolute worst, perhaps the worst international airport in the world (the airport I arrived at in India was 10x more modern and cleaner). Rude and unhelpful airport staff and security, useless duty free, very small restaurant selection, no WIFI (in 2017, I mean come on). No smoking lounge (had an 8 hour long transit so you can imagine how I felt), the toilets are filthy and smelly, and although I managed to find a seat, many people were forced to sit on the floor. I literally booked another returning flight to transit through Abu Dhabi instead, that's how bad this airport is. As said in a review posted earlier, avoid this place like the plague. Unless the saudia flight is 3x cheaper, you should select another airline.

"treated like cattle"

Not Verified | I had the misfortune to travel through Jeddah Airport during my recent Umrah trip to Saudi. It was by far the worst airport experience of my life. You are treated like cattle, several flights leaving at the same time through the same gate. No respect for the elderly, no provisions for mothers with babies. Nowhere to sit, infact nowhere to stand. The bus ride to the plane takes forever. I maybe travelling again very soon but will choose an alternative airport and airline. Steer clear of Jeddah.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"the worst airport experience"

Not Verified | I had the misfortune to travel through Jeddah Airport during my recent Umrah trip to Saudi. It was by far the worst airport experience of my life. You are treated like cattle, several flights leaving at the same time through the same gate. No respect for the elderly, no provisions for mothers with babies. Nowhere to sit, in fact nowhere to stand. The bus ride to the plane takes forever. I may be travelling again very soon but will choose an alternative airport and airline.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"might be the worst airport in the world"

Not Verified | This might be the worst airport in the world. They still use buses to get into the airport and expect family members to come down from an airplane and to go up the steps. My son is autistic and 4, it's really hard to travel with him and they definitely don't make it easier. The bus ride from the plane can be about 30 minutes if they decided that the plane is in the hajj terminal. On top of that the actual airport has 5 gates catering to maybe 20 flights. We had a 7 hour stay and couldn't even find seats. The first class lounge is only for first class customers and normal customers can't even pay. Please stay away from traveling on Saudia it's not worth it at all. Even if you have to pay 10 times the cost please do so. Staying at the airport is literally hell. Also we are in 2018 and they don't even have free WIFI. I came from Pakistan and they had a better airport than Jeddah.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"They completely lack organization"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Absolutely the most horrible airport I have been in. They completely lack organization. The departure screens reflect incorrect information about flights and departure gates which could cause a passenger to miss their plane. The bathrooms are literally hell on earth. They are not sanitized. They are the traditional hole in the floor toilets. There is no ventilation so the smell is completely debilitating. The airport was so packed that people were sitting AND sleeping in the aisles of the duty free store. This airport needs to get itself together.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"most passengers sitting on floor"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | I was coming from India with family and had a transit through Jeddah Airport for a local connection. I have never seen a worse terminal or airport in my 13 years of flying across the world. It was chaotic to drop the luggage for my next local connection (people struggling to put their luggages on screening belt - only one, at last the airport personnel asked everyone to leave luggage on trolleys without any security against loss of luggage). The most horrible part was there were no empty seats near the boarding area - observed this during two transits through this airport in a span of two months (most passengers sitting on floor - never seen any airport in my life). The flight information displays were not giving any information about the gate numbers and boarding time. I hope not to fly again through this airport (especially in transit with family).
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"there is a feeling of insecurity"

Not Verified | This is the worst airport I have ever been to. The most worrying thing about this place is that there is a feeling of insecurity. People I met [officials and others] are not friendly. They behaved rudely. Since there were not enough seats for passengers, people were sitting and lying on the floor. The airport looked more like a refugee camp with people lying all over the place. Pros: Nothing. Cons: Horrible toilet. No space to sit. Rude airport staff.