Jeddah Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

Review by (United States) 29th May 2015

We had no problems either entering or departing at the end of May. Umrah was in progress but in both situations there were very few pilgrims about and inside the non Hajj terminal (main terminal). All the reviews we had seen up to now made us extremely apprehensive. But none of the problems described up to this point were experienced including delays having to use taxis to get between terminals. We were really relived! The food court at the airport was not as varied as many other international airports but we found the few choices ok. No problem in getting boarding passes or checking in to Lufthansa. Signage was fine and security good. Customs and immigration were no issue. Maybe we were just lucky? There was no mass queuing or rushing to board buses to be transported to the aircraft. This was our first entry every into Saudi Arabia and it took us longer than others who had been there before. Women are treated differently than men but my wife got through without incident. Trying to locate the gate was not a problem and signage worked well.

Review by (United Kingdom) 3rd April 2015

Arrived at North Terminal for flight RJ112 to London via Amman as advised. A lot of passengers for this flight were diverted to Hajj Terminal without any valid reason. Had we been told in advance this would not be a problem but telling passengers at 0730 for 0900 am is totally unacceptable. No shuttle service provided I had to fork out 150 SR for taxi to Hajj Terminal. We were than ferried back to north terminal to board RJ 112 to London via Amman. Very frustrated and angry. Will not fly RJ again.

Review by (United States) 24th March 2015

When departing for a recent flight I was given a boarding pass with no departure gate. Moreover the electronic display in the departure area does not have all the departing flights listed. Trying to locate my gate was a real aggravation. There were no information desks or airport officials in sight. I could have missed my flight. When returning from the same trip the passengers had to stay on the plane for a rather lengthy delay before taking buses to the airport building. Then we waited nearly two hours to get through immigration. This airport is chaotic and inefficient.

Review by (United Kingdom) 26th January 2015

The airport is important for Muslim passengers going to Mecca. It should have better entertainment lounge F&B and shopping facilities staff attitude and queue management during immigration and security checks so it gives a better Umrah and Hajj experience. I hope it can be fixed for the later years.

Review by (Indonesia) 19th January 2015

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 1st September 2014

In short an award of greatest airport dump. Been through this "airport" many times. Always bedlam immigration a disgrace ranging from min of 1 hour to up to 6 hours. Staff rude place filthy ancient no air bridges aircraft parked miles from terminal lack of gates etc. KSA obviously don't care about their image if this is Saudis hub as well as the entry for Hajj etc. New airport being built lets see.

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th August 2014

This is by far the world's worst airport I have travelled to and I would not say so without having experienced airports throughout the world. This airport embodies the ultimate disgrace in the aviation industry and I do not even know where to start to comment. KSA Aviation Authority should be ashamed of the poor level of service provided at this airport despite the fact that this is the gateway to their country. If you are travelling for Hajj and Umrah brace yourself to be standing in immigration queues for up to 6 hours with immigration officers using batons to "arrange" queues. This airport is simply unacceptable.

Review by (South Africa) 21st May 2014

Undoubtedly one of the poorest airports in the world. The airport officials display very little people skills. This is a nightmare airport. Compared to Dubai airport very far behind minimum airport standards. Then again the Saudis do not take advice from anybody to improve this.

Review by (Saudi Arabia) 3rd May 2014

Incredibly rude and careless attitude from the airport personnel. Very slow processing causing very long queues.

Review by (United States) 27th April 2014

I get that it takes a long time to build a new airport. In the meantime can they please clean the bathrooms? Or at least supply toilet paper? This airport is too small too gross and clearly mismanaged. There's a million things they could do to upgrade it with very little effort while the new airport is under construction. What's most amazing is that it's the second-biggest airport in KSA. You'd think they'd have a little more national pride. In fairness my queuing times have been OK. I'm sure I just got lucky.