Best Cabin Crew

Jeddah Airport

"the services were remarkable"

I am very impressed with the quality and service at King Abdul Aziz International Airport. On arrival on 14/12/2015 it took a long time to pass through immigration (around 4-5 hours) because of the heavy rush of Umrah passengers but on departure the services were remarkable. In half an hour all the formalities of luggage and immigration etc were completed and I was relaxed. Wonderful experience at King Abdul Aziz International Airport Jeddah.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"disregard for basic decency"

(Saudi Arabia)

I am an expat resident in Saudi. I have lived near Jeddah for 3 years. My experiences in the Jeddah airport lately have been atrocious. The security and passport control employees are incompetent. Men have at least 3-4 "men only" designated security lines. Women are forced into only 2 "women only" lines. Then women are forced to share the baggage conveyor belt with men, with an average of 10 men bags being checked to every one bag of a woman's that makes it onto the belt. My husband waited for 30 minutes for me and my daughter to make it out of that mess on our last trip. Yesterday, when I arrived with my family from holiday travel, we got in line under a sign which said "Residents and Visit Visas" because we are residents with valid resident visas. We waited patiently for about 30 minutes to reach the front of the line. When the passport official looked at our foreign passports he threw them to the side and barked at a green uniformed man who took us to another longer line and put us at the end of it! They said "you are not Saudi" as the reason for moving us to another line, even though there was no indication that the line we were in was a Saudi only line. Also keep in mind it was 3am and I had a sleeping child in my arms. When I protested being treated this way, showed the guard our resident visas and our IDs from our employer, the official said some thing dismissive in Arabic that made other airport workers laugh and mock us. This airport has shocking disregard for basic human decency.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"nothing good to eat"

(Slovenia)

We stayed in transit for 9 hours, it was awful. Only three coffee shops, nothing good to eat, and the toilets are the worst. No smoking area, but not that, every 15 minutes they are telling you on the speaker that it's forbidden to smoke. I don't recommend this airport.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"had only positive experiences"

To travel from Nairobi to Jakarta I used this airport as a transit airport. I have read a lot of negative stories of this airport so I was quite reluctant to book this trip with a 4 hour stop at the South Terminal. But I have had only positive experiences. To get into the transit area I didn't have to queue, also boarding the plane was smooth. In between you get into a duty free shop. The most commendable thing is the lounge. As Skyteam Elite Plus member you are allowed in the lounge. 10 mbs wifi and marvelous food made my 4 hour waiting quite pleasant.

Jeddah Airport customer review

I had a transit for around 10 hours. Very bad toilets and there is only 3 cafes and no other food options. None of the cafes would take credit or debit card and all the payments needs to be done though cash. Fortunately they took Euros. There is no arrangement for passengers to sleep or take rest. If you are just flying through with 2 hours max transit time it is okay, otherwise I recommend other routes. Also there is no WiFi.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"staff treat passengers like cattle"

(Malaysia)

Worst airport experience, even worse than some of than the poor provincial airports of my hometown. Rude, unhelpful staff who treat you badly for even daring to ask a simple question like, 'Would you happen to know anything about the 3.30am flight to Toronto?' That question was asked because the flight wasn't listed on the departures board, leaving the transit passengers in limbo, not knowing if the flight was still scheduled or not. Neither the posted signs nor the staff give helpful information. Airport staff treat passengers like cattle, giving out, at best, vague instructions at security checkpoints and boarding, but are quick to anger when a passenger does not comply. I usually don't mind not having the best of facilities (see above, regarding my hometown's airport which has zero facilities, maybe a shop), but I do expect at least a modicum of politeness. There is no excuse for not just rudeness, but the outright animosity that the staff held for passengers.

Jeddah Airport customer review

The worst airport I have been too. I was in a transit from Chennai. They have the worst Wifi facility. We need an OTP to connect to the Wifi. How will International passengers have a local number to get a OTP. There are no phone booths either near the gates. I couldn't contact my home during the transit. The cleanliness is the worst, no sufficient place for the passengers to wait. By far the worst airport I have been to.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Jeddah Airport customer review

We had no problems either entering or departing at the end of May. Umrah was in progress but in both situations there were very few pilgrims about and inside the non Hajj terminal (main terminal). All the reviews we had seen up to now made us extremely apprehensive. But none of the problems described up to this point were experienced including delays having to use taxis to get between terminals. We were really relived! The food court at the airport was not as varied as many other international airports but we found the few choices ok. No problem in getting boarding passes or checking in to Lufthansa. Signage was fine and security good. Customs and immigration were no issue. Maybe we were just lucky? There was no mass queuing or rushing to board buses to be transported to the aircraft. This was our first entry every into Saudi Arabia and it took us longer than others who had been there before. Women are treated differently than men but my wife got through without incident. Trying to locate the gate was not a problem and signage worked well.

Jeddah Airport customer review

Arrived at North Terminal for flight RJ112 to London via Amman as advised. A lot of passengers for this flight were diverted to Hajj Terminal without any valid reason. Had we been told in advance this would not be a problem but telling passengers at 0730 for 0900 am is totally unacceptable. No shuttle service provided I had to fork out 150 SR for taxi to Hajj Terminal. We were than ferried back to north terminal to board RJ 112 to London via Amman. Very frustrated and angry. Will not fly RJ again.

Jeddah Airport customer review

When departing for a recent flight I was given a boarding pass with no departure gate. Moreover the electronic display in the departure area does not have all the departing flights listed. Trying to locate my gate was a real aggravation. There were no information desks or airport officials in sight. I could have missed my flight. When returning from the same trip the passengers had to stay on the plane for a rather lengthy delay before taking buses to the airport building. Then we waited nearly two hours to get through immigration. This airport is chaotic and inefficient.