Top 100 Airlines

Jaipur Airport

"it was insanely overcrowded"

This airport is very very small. You can basically pull right up to the front, go through security and be at your gate within 10 minutes, this however wasn't exactly a positive for me. We took an Uber from the Marriott Hotel, which took less than five minutes and pull right up to the airport. We then proceed to the check-in counter for the airline (the only one with our airline's name on it) we're flying only to be told once we get to the front we're in the wrong line. We then get to the correct line and they tell us we need to take our bags through security, why this isn't necessary before hand I don't know. We proceed to put our bags through and then bring them to the check-in counter where they put a zip-tie lock on our bags. This clearly seems to indicate they have a problem with baggage theft. Each of the "airport employees" has by this point been asking us for a tip, which of course I didn't give them. We proceed to the normal security which went off without a hitch and go to our gate, we then proceed to wait there for 9+ hours since our flight was delayed. During this time the announcements were sparse, it was insanely overcrowded since they seem to only use this one gate for departures, there was no actual food court and the bathrooms were disgusting. If I visit Jaipur again I'll be flying into Delhi and driving from there.
Date VisitMay 2016