Top 100 Airlines

Ireland West Knock Airport

"a total disgrace"

Ireland West Knock airport development fee before departure is a total disgrace. The card machine didn't work and I had no euros. Staff insisted I used the ATM and very rude. Once through the cafe is grubby, tables not cleared and insufficient staff. If Knock can't survive under its own steam then close it - appalling.
Date VisitMay 2016

"a regional airport at best"

Ireland West in Knock can only be described as a regional airport at best. On departure, the terminal was empty with nothing to do. WiFi is useless and shopping is bare. The €10 departure tax is a joke and that has to be paid before you enter the airside zone. Apart from that, it's small enough that you get around quickly with no fuss.
Date VisitOctober 2015

Ireland West Knock Airport customer review

I flew through knock on the 8th of December to London Stansted. I got in the door and was amazed to find an extra €10 departure fee which was an extra €40 for the 4 of us. If I had of known this fee I would have flown from Shannon. Car parking was also a rip off. Staff seemed to have a very negative attitude and appeared to hate their jobs. Return flight diverted to Londonderry airport due to bad weather. We waited ages and eventually got a bus all the way back the horribly depressing road to Knock. My experience of Knock was a terrible one even if the flight had gone smoothly and I actually knew where to find Knock airport it still would have been the worst airport I've been to. Never ever fly from Knock.

Ireland West Knock Airport customer review

Had seen a great fare with an airline flying out of Knock Airport and thought we would give it a go instead of using Dublin. Airport itself is nice but there are major drawbacks from using this airport. Firstly there is a rather expensive and needless Airport Development fee of 10 euro for every passenger departing this airport. Check in was smooth but we all had to line up to pay the 10 euro fee. After which they scan your boarding pass and let you into security. Again security was fast and efficient as was boarding. We can't complain about these issues. When we arrived back here we got though passport control quickly and then we discovered another rip off that this airport has. It charges double the parking rates that Dublin charges. My advice is to use a different airport that does not try to rip passengers off. Knock is in the middle of nowhere charges 10 euro per person to leave the airport and double the car parking rates of all the other airports within 2 hours drive of it.

Ireland West Knock Airport customer review

Actually good experience very fast and small. Parking area a bit small. But the speed and ease of use makes up for any drawbacks to be honest.

Ireland West Knock Airport customer review

As a frequent user of Heathrow Terminal 5 I was bound to be disappointed during my first experience here! Although the Queues are fantastically short when your flight is delayed by 7 hours (like mine!) you will almost die from boredom! There is wifi but apart from that there is absolutely nothing!