Inverness Airport

"Not a good place"

Unverified | The 3rd time in the past 6 months, twice flights were cancelled and once left 3 hours late with sleazy jet. Staff very rude, nightmare getting served in departure cafe. Not a good place, last 4 times booked long stay parking and couldn't get a space, parked in short stay and was questioned about it when I picked my car up. Train to London from now on. Inverness airport you are a disgrace.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"worst thing about this airport was security"

Unverified | To begin my review I would like to say that there were no decent places to eat in this airport. But probably the worst thing about this airport was security, but it wasn't the time it took or anything in that category. It was the pure rudeness that was shown towards me and my family. This airport has surprised me. I am extremely disappointed. The women especially who work in security seem to all be old battle axes with bad attitudes. I was offended by one woman who was incredibly rude to my daughter as she tried to go through, demanding my daughter check her pockets when she was obviously wearing leggings and didn't have any. After my daughter stated that she had no pockets she tried to proceed to walk through but was yelled at again and given attitude by the same woman who demanded she wait for absolutely no reason apart from pettiness it seems. I would recommend you fly into a different airport as my experience at this airport was terrible to say the least. Rude staff, millions of unnecessary checks and large amounts of attitude. I will never come through this airport again. Terrible.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"small and convenient"

This is my local airport and I use it several times a year. It is small and convenient, being around 15 mins drive from the city centre. Drop-off, short stay parking and car rental are just a short step from the main terminal doors. You have to enter the short stay car park to drop off or pick up passengers, but there is a free-of-charge 20 minute grace period for this purpose. Long stay car park is about a 5-10 minute walk and there is no shuttle bus. The terminal is modern and has recently been modified to extend the airside departures area. There is a nice cafe on the landside with good views over the apron, just next to the Easyjet check in desks. Security is a bit "brusque", but efficient. Airside facilities are limited but have been improved recently. There is a french style cafe, a bar, a whisky shop and a new gift shop selling high quality goods from local craftspeople. There are no airbridges and boarding consists of walking out of the terminal directly to the aircraft steps. Arrival from a domestic flight takes you directly into the landside area, where there is a baggage carousel, car rental desks and car park pay machines. On my most recent journey through the airport, I was travelling with my elderly mother and we requested passenger assistance with Easyjet. This was provided by the airport staff and was excellent, efficient and friendly, with a great deal of respect shown to my mother, compared to some airports where she has been treated like a commodity! My only real complaint with Inverness is that the buses stop running early in the evening so, if you are on the later flight from Gatwick, you either have to have driven to the airport or take a taxi, which can be expensive. Oh, and there's 3 hours free WiFi.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"Security was a breeze - nothing like previous reviews"

Second time using Inverness Airport in the space of a couple of months. As a local, it is ideal for connections to main UK cities/transport hubs. Easily accessed by road from Inverness and all areas of the Highlands, as well as the regular Jet bus service. Terminal is easy to navigate, with check in desks and main cafe located directly opposite main entrance. Plenty of seating in the airside cafe with views of entire apron, although extortionate food and drink prices put me off waiting here (better to eat before arrival to airport - restaurants at Inverness Retail Park on way to airport are ideal). Security was a breeze - nothing like previous reviews. Staff are friendly without being overbearing, officious without heavy handed. Whole process took 2 minutes. Nothing to stress about at all. Air side contains small shops such as a whisky store, newsagents, craft shop and food outlet. A bar/cafe and a small takeaway outlet are also located here. Prices are what you expect. Nice airport which does its job well, but needs more international links to realise true potential.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"no decent places to eat"

Verified Review | It is shocking that there are no decent places to eat at Inverness Airport. The only place is run by Autogrill Catering and is overpriced, has a very limited choice of food and is not nice at all. Many meals from the menu were not available to order, and there were no healthy choices at all. Food tasted bad and it seemed that it was not cooked on the same day, as if it was re-heated or cooked from frozen.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"comfortable and clean"

I found the experience of Inverness airport a total pleasure. The easyJet check in staff on Monday evening could not have been more helpful or pleasant. The airport seating was comfortable and clean as were all the facilities. I almost always set the security machine off and received the full scan. This was done efficiently, politely, and with respect. The departure lounge had plenty of room and was perfectly clean.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"nothing friendly or helpful"

Invernessian by birth but no longer living there, my family still do and I am a regular visitor to Inverness Airport. I am completely filled with dread every single time I fly back south and have had the worst experiences of airport transfer anywhere in the world. The coffee shop shuts promptly at just gone 7pm leaving anyone looking for food completely bereft. It is clearly not there for the benefit of the traveller at all. Apart from WH Smith everything else was shut. There was the usual barking of instructions going through the security process - nothing friendly or helpful. The bar served cold sandwiches only and the two servers did their jobs like they couldn't wait to get out of the building and go home. There was no interaction, no chat, nothing remotely friendly. The plane was delayed for over an hour but I never heard why. The finale of my whole nightmare was being barked at by a young girl 'you need to put your handbag into your case'. And then, because I didn't do this immediately, I was snarled at by another staff member that 'it is company policy'. I had no issue with having to do this, I fly frequently all around the globe and am perfectly aware of the 'rules' but as I was in a long, snaking queue going nowhere but another pen, could I not have been given a moment's grace before being verbally accosted? I had a book in my hand that was larger than my handbag but apparently was not a hazard and could be taken in my hand. What an image of the people, what an awful experience in such a small airport and what in the world has happened to our renowned Highland hospitality? I tell you customer service training wouldn't go amiss at the airport.
Date VisitApril 2016

"Inverness airport is quaint"

Inverness airport is quaint. That's the only redeeming feature. It is a small regional airport with global aspirations. Over zealous security staff - almost as many as when I last flew from Manchester - seem to use boredom as an excuse to check as many passengers as possible. I made the mistake of leaving my phone in my pocket and was subjected to 5 minutes of frisking and scanning for metal. This stocking soled and wearing jeans and a jumper. Well they do have a job to do. But wait, my ID wasn't checked by anyone. Am I who I say I am? Then let's talk about Autogrill, the concession (monopoly) holders for food and drink. Over priced rubbish. £9.95 for a Highland breakfast that probably been ok the previous day. It looked awful and dry. Roll on the expansion and hopefully local business having some input on the catering.
Date VisitMarch 2016

Inverness Airport customer review

Nice tidy little airport. Airside baggage carousel and landside baggage carousel. WH Smiths, Coffee Shop and Outdoor Gear clothes shop. Short walk to car hire. Didn't expereince any issue with security staff, but worth noting you have to carry your tray(s) to the security scanner. Departure Lounge can be quite busy when there is an easyJet departure. It has a pop up WH Smiths, Bar/Cafe, Whiskey shop and Outdoor Gear clothes shop. Too much retail in a small space. The Business Lounge, from the outside seems very small.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Inverness Airport customer review

I agree with most reviews here. The security staff were not very nice at all. I know they have to rush people through but they need to be aware that children do not understand the procedures and shouldn't be made to feel like they are naughty and bad.
Date VisitAugust 2015