Inverness Airport

"Queues for security extremely long"

Not Verified | Departed Inverness airport on May 7th. Queues for security were extremely long because only one scanner was working. We joined the queue at about 11.50am for a scheduled boarding of 12.05pm but were still waiting in the queue at 12.15pm. Airport staff asked if there were any passengers for Heathrow but didn't do anything to hasten our transit through the security. It was pouring with rain but no covered walkway to the aircraft. I asked why only one scanner was working and was told it was being worked on as we speak. Despite the fact that I had already intimated that our flight was due to depart security insisted on testing my carry on liquids. Unfortunately when you live in the Highlands your choice of airport is limited.
Date VisitMay 2018

"airport never fails to disappoint"

Not Verified | I make regular trips to Scotland every year to visit family. Inverness airport never fails to disappoint with the rudeness of security staff who seem incapable of managing anything with anything less than contempt, never failing to give an impression that you are interrupting their day with your visit. In turn the departure lounge is unfit for purpose. Much of the space is taken up with shops and the seating is squashed together akin to herding sheep. My final comment goes to the ground staff who when boarding commences seem to think they are loading cattle, with an attitude to match. I look forward to my next visit!
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"Inverness wins hands down for me"

Verified Review | Right folk, it's not Heathrow, or Gatwick, its Inverness, a wee airport with just what you need to get the job done. I've flown a dozen times this year from Inverness to Gatwick and back and have never had any cause for complaint. Park in the short stay and walk 2 minutes to the terminal, straight through security and onto a plane. On the way back its off the plane into the terminal, pick up your bag if you have one, out of the door into the car park and away. On average I would say from the wheels touching the tarmac to me getting on the road is about 10 minutes. So those who have commented that they have to walk 'outside' to get from the plane to the airport - really, you only walk in tunnels? Come on... I'd swap Inverness for the torture of Gatwick and Heathrow's endless maze of tunnels and walkways and lifts and elevators any day. Just so you know once you leave the terminal you will have to walk 'outside' so pack appropriate clothing! Last trip I managed to loose my car park ticket so walked to the desk and the lady kindly printed me a new one, free of charge - a bit nicer than the 'issues' you get at Gatwick followed by a bus ride - with no assistance for those of you with pushchairs and kids. Those who have commented on the lack of shops - Seriously? Keep it small, if you need a new pair of new jeans then go somewhere else. Is there anything more frustrating than leaving security at Gatwick and being forced (only one route) through the meandering path of fragrances and booze on offer with people stopping in front of you without warning and then dragging their case over your feet. So all in all Inverness wins hands down for me - small, friendly, very helpful and spotlessly clean - compact would be a nice word to use.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"disgusted at the security staff"

Verified Review | I never write reviews, but I fly on a regular basis into and from Inverness airport, and I am disgusted at the security staff that work there, one lady seems to always stand at the point of picking up the trays before you scan your items. She is probably the most rude and obnoxious staff member I have come into contact with. It seems they are bored, and pettiness is what gets them through the working day. Restaurant/food options once through security are terrible and easyJet flights have not left on time for the past time flights I have taken from Inverness. I hope Inverness Airport management read these reviews and act on the feedback they have been given.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"No chance of arriving on time"

(Czech Republic)

Unverified | Airport closes. No chance of arriving on time for our 7am flight as the first bus only gets here at 7am! Got rudely kicked out when we tried to wait here through the night for our flight. Because in 2017 airports apparently close. Luckily we were coming back from a camping trip, so we were allowed to put up our tent in front (literally 20meters away) of the airport. Service was trying to be helpful and offered us to spend the night in a nearby tesco. Appreciate the business cooperation they have with Tesco though!
Date VisitAugust 2017

"something fundamentally wrong with the security attitude"

Verified Review | I can only agree that there's something fundamentally wrong with the security attitude at this airport. These are old school bully-boy tactics designed to intimidate and cower. I went through the detector-hoop and I beeped. Immediately I realised I had forgotten to remove my phone and showed it to the security personnel, one man who reminded me of a night-club bouncer and a stocky woman. "That's all right," they said. "Just go back and give it in at the desk and walk through again." Which I did. No more beeps. "All clear?" I asked. "All clear," they confirmed. But they stopped me anyway and proceeded to give me a full and thorough body check that took several minutes and they did it in full view of other passengers who had to squeeze around me while it was happening. No privacy, no standing to one side. It was humiliating and embarrassing and it was unnecessary. I can only put it down to sheer bloody-mindedness because I had forgotten to remove my phone. I'm a 69 year-old pensioner, for goodness sake, I'm allowed some lapses in memory. Awful, awful experience.

"Not a good place"

Unverified | The 3rd time in the past 6 months, twice flights were cancelled and once left 3 hours late with sleazy jet. Staff very rude, nightmare getting served in departure cafe. Not a good place, last 4 times booked long stay parking and couldn't get a space, parked in short stay and was questioned about it when I picked my car up. Train to London from now on. Inverness airport you are a disgrace.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"worst thing about this airport was security"

Unverified | To begin my review I would like to say that there were no decent places to eat in this airport. But probably the worst thing about this airport was security, but it wasn't the time it took or anything in that category. It was the pure rudeness that was shown towards me and my family. This airport has surprised me. I am extremely disappointed. The women especially who work in security seem to all be old battle axes with bad attitudes. I was offended by one woman who was incredibly rude to my daughter as she tried to go through, demanding my daughter check her pockets when she was obviously wearing leggings and didn't have any. After my daughter stated that she had no pockets she tried to proceed to walk through but was yelled at again and given attitude by the same woman who demanded she wait for absolutely no reason apart from pettiness it seems. I would recommend you fly into a different airport as my experience at this airport was terrible to say the least. Rude staff, millions of unnecessary checks and large amounts of attitude. I will never come through this airport again. Terrible.

"small and convenient"

This is my local airport and I use it several times a year. It is small and convenient, being around 15 mins drive from the city centre. Drop-off, short stay parking and car rental are just a short step from the main terminal doors. You have to enter the short stay car park to drop off or pick up passengers, but there is a free-of-charge 20 minute grace period for this purpose. Long stay car park is about a 5-10 minute walk and there is no shuttle bus. The terminal is modern and has recently been modified to extend the airside departures area. There is a nice cafe on the landside with good views over the apron, just next to the Easyjet check in desks. Security is a bit "brusque", but efficient. Airside facilities are limited but have been improved recently. There is a french style cafe, a bar, a whisky shop and a new gift shop selling high quality goods from local craftspeople. There are no airbridges and boarding consists of walking out of the terminal directly to the aircraft steps. Arrival from a domestic flight takes you directly into the landside area, where there is a baggage carousel, car rental desks and car park pay machines. On my most recent journey through the airport, I was travelling with my elderly mother and we requested passenger assistance with Easyjet. This was provided by the airport staff and was excellent, efficient and friendly, with a great deal of respect shown to my mother, compared to some airports where she has been treated like a commodity! My only real complaint with Inverness is that the buses stop running early in the evening so, if you are on the later flight from Gatwick, you either have to have driven to the airport or take a taxi, which can be expensive. Oh, and there's 3 hours free WiFi.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"Security was a breeze - nothing like previous reviews"

Second time using Inverness Airport in the space of a couple of months. As a local, it is ideal for connections to main UK cities/transport hubs. Easily accessed by road from Inverness and all areas of the Highlands, as well as the regular Jet bus service. Terminal is easy to navigate, with check in desks and main cafe located directly opposite main entrance. Plenty of seating in the airside cafe with views of entire apron, although extortionate food and drink prices put me off waiting here (better to eat before arrival to airport - restaurants at Inverness Retail Park on way to airport are ideal). Security was a breeze - nothing like previous reviews. Staff are friendly without being overbearing, officious without heavy handed. Whole process took 2 minutes. Nothing to stress about at all. Air side contains small shops such as a whisky store, newsagents, craft shop and food outlet. A bar/cafe and a small takeaway outlet are also located here. Prices are what you expect. Nice airport which does its job well, but needs more international links to realise true potential.
Date VisitJanuary 2017