Houston IAH

Review by (Switzerland)

Date VisitAugust 2015

Review by (Switzerland)

Worst international terminal for a city of this size and international passenger traffic in the Western world. I travel internationally for a living and I was stunned at how poor the organization, the security clearance, the dismal choice at duty free, and the horrible restaurant (only one in the whole terminal) with poor service - they just don't care. Shame on Houston.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Review by (United States)

Sat July 18th went thru US Customs and experienced a 3 hour delay due to lack of this airports organization and management! Long lines and 3 hours standing in line caused a majority of travelers to miss their connecting flights. In addition, several officers were searching the building looking for an individual who obviously was wanted for something-makes me feel safe flying thru this airport. I will pay more in the future to avoid this airport!

Houston IAH customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

I was in transit twice at this airport quite recently: once on 30th June 2015, and again on 18th July 2015. Both experiences were horrific. I believe the root of the problem with this airport lies with the staff. At best, they are generally unwilling to help. On two occasions I have found them to be downright rude, and if I wasn't rushing and in transit, I would have stopped to ask for their names and file an official complaint. Both times I have been here queues have been ridiculous - there is no sense of urgency and no awareness of the importance of timing. The running of this airport has resulted in me being stranded for 24 hours (sleeping on the floor, with no access to food, water or blankets), missing my connection flight and therefore costing me hundreds of British pounds, and also losing my luggage. It's the worst airport I have been to.

Review by (Australia)

Lack of staff, long queues, immigration staff who don't understand the importance of time in an airport, no order and poor signage are just some of the issues I encountered. After lining up for 40 minutes to pass through immigration (waiting for a staff member to finish her 15 minute personal chat to the people in front) you then have to collect your bags and line up in another queue for what appears to serve exactly the same function as the first queue. Staff are unwilling to help and the whole system serves to create one huge bottle neck. There was a huge amount of frustration and anger from many different passengers which I think was entirely warranted. On top of this, the terminals are overcrowded and dirty. I will avoid this airport at all costs in the future.

Review by (Singapore)

I was in transit a few days ago. Arriving from GDL (Mexico) and continuing for NRT (Japan). The airplane landed 20 minutes ahead of schedule but we had to wait on board for 30 min because the "gate was not available" 2 hours and 40 minutes were just enough for me to rush and run to catch the connecting flight. First the immigration check. The queue was quite ordered and regulated by members of the staff, there were about 500-800 people in queue with just a few (about 7) lanes open. There is no fast lane for tight connections or for transit. Some of the officers were taking their own time chatting and laughing to each other while performing their duties. Baggage delivery. Even if my luggage was already tagged to the final destination I had to collect my luggage, queue for the customs clearance and go to the baggage check in counter. Security check. After all of this there is the security check. Despite the long queue and the thorough inspection, it was very well organised and extremely efficient. After the inspection I literally had to run to the gate where the connecting flight was about to close.

Review by (United States)

We had to come through customs after vacationing in Belize. It took two hours to get through customs. I couldn't believe how inefficiently it was run. The majority of personnel, were some of the rudest my spouse and I have encountered at any airport. Particularly in baggage inspection. Horrible experience.

Review by (United States)

Flew into Houston George Bush Int. Airport for a job interview. Airport layout was very confusing to me. It looked to me as if they took parts of other airports and combined them to make this airport. Some areas very dirty and could not find anyone to guide me to the hotel shuttle pick up area. Hope any future travel to Houston does not lead to this airport though I've heard Houston Hobby is worse.
Date VisitFebruary 2015
Airport Shopping N/A
Wifi Connectivity N/A

Houston IAH customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Unfortunately I have to fly from this airport again on 21st June and I dread it, on arrival to catch a flight to Pensacola I could not find any member of staff to help me where to go, I asked a cleaning lady who help me a little, I am slightly disabled so I will ask for help in advance of using this airport again, it is complete chaos.

Review by (United States)

The seating areas at the gate C-36 in this case are filthy. The carpets are stained there is trash all over the floor and trash bins are overflowing.