Houston IAH

"Not many comfortable seats"

Not Verified | Worst for comfort, assistance to gates, signs for direction, and distance to change planes. Computer seating is very uncomfortable to wait at for flights. Not many comfortable seats for layovers. Walk, walk, walk, and have to stop people to ask diresctions. Poor signs.

"lack of organisation"

Not Verified | The installation of new security check machinery has been let down by a complete lack of organisation of the personnel. I witnessed three individuals wait in excess of 15 minutes for an opt out search due to no communication. Bags that were pulled required a 25 minute wait until a team member could perform a search due to an absence of “appropriate” staff. A request to expedite the process (I nearly missed my flight) was met with aggression as opposed to an explanation. Fair to say that the investment of personnel has not been matched with employee training.

"slowest TSA operation"

Not Verified | My experience at IAH mirrors the other negative reviews posted. I was returning from a vacation in Mexico with my teenage daughters and almost missed my flight due to the slowest TSA operation I have ever encountered. Customs was efficient and a simple process but not security to get on my connecting flight to VA. I figured it being spring break would add to congestion but when other passengers are panicked about missing flights because lines aren’t moving then it is truly Houston we have a problem. My sister traveled on a different fight and missed her connection due to the hold up. Agents were predictably rude, unhelpful, and uncommunicative. I actually had an agent push her finger into my stomach and asked why I still had a belt on and told me to lift my shirt up high. Guess what, no belt, just a muffin top. The airport looks nice as we raced around trying to get to our gate-would have enjoyed being able to eat at one of the restaurants.
Date VisitApril 2018

"Worst airport experience ever"

Not Verified | Worst airport experience ever. TSA took their time as if we had nowhere to go. Even shut the lane down for 10 minutes when they only had one lane open in the first place. Our group missed our flights and had to instead drive to ATL from Houston (terrible experience with Spirit Airlines customer service as well). Will never fly into this airport again.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"need to employ more people"

Not Verified | The immigration queues are the most horrendous I have come across. I had 1.5 hours between flights and thought this would be enough, but no. There appeared to be only 3 desks open and 2 large aircraft landed at the same time, so the queues were very long and no staff around to speak to. When I finally arrived at the kiosk, the lady asked me why I didn't tell someone that I had a flight to catch! IAH need to employ more people! It is a ridiculous system in the US where you actually have to collect your bag then check it in AGAIN for onward travel. This is the only country where you have to do this. Every other country you can check your bag all the way through to your final destination. For a first impression of the US, IAH has sorely disappointed and unfortunately this is the airport I have to travel through every time as I now live in Houston.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"some of the rudest I’ve encountered"

Trip Verified | Absolute worst customer service I’ve ever experienced in an airport. I travel to Houston often and am so very disappointed in what they’ve allowed their airport to become. Check in was a completely disorganized mess and the airport employees are some of the rudest I’ve encountered. I felt like I was in New York, not Texas. Houston should be ashamed. I will definitely try to avoid this airport at all costs in the future.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Horrible experience all around"

Trip Verified | Horrible experience all around at this airport. Every security employee berated each passenger as they went through security, even using curse words and muttering under their breath about how stupid we all were because we did not know the proper security procedures, which at times were different than other airports (for example we did not need to take off shoes, and were yelled at for doing so). On top of all this they lost my luggage!
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"unbearable after an 11 hour flight"

Not Verified | This must be the worst airport in US! We are on a transit flight and we needed more than an hour for immigration check! Lanes were labeled open, then they closed, and people standing there had to go back like us. We pick up the luggage for transit, and have to scan again and wait in line for another hour! This is unbearable after an 11 hour flight! No service, people unfriendly, and some women from United are screaming at the passengers! I know we cannot do anything about it, but more people have to report to make changes. I cannot recommend a transit via Houston!
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"has no accessible charging stations"

Verified Review | Southwest terminal has no accessible charging stations! It is 2017! How the heck is there only one charging station at a gate and it's on 1 old school power strip. Only 6 people can charge their phones when there are over 80 seats available. We live in a time where we are dependent on our phones and you can't make the charging stations more available. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Date VisitAugust 2017

Houston IAH customer review

Unverified | Very good airport, it has a good choice of shops but the airport is quite big so I'd recommend to only do shopping around the gate. The staff there are polite. However the parking lot might be quite dirty and the airport is usually crowded. You usually can find what you want or need at the stores or the supermarket.
Date VisitJune 2017