Hong Kong Airport

Review by (South Africa)

Easy to navigate through the airport. Customer Services accurately and effectively provided me with the requested transport information. Access to public transport at the airport is very good. Despite a very long queue at immigration, processing is effective and I passed through within about 5 minutes. When I initially saw the queue I thought it would take at least 30 min. The only downside is that this airport is horrendously expensive. I did not have check-in luggage, so I cannot comment on luggage collection.

Review by (Australia)

Transited twice in week to and from SYD/PEK. One of the easiest transfer airports with minimal queues, well signed and a quick carry on baggage check. Once through plenty of places to sit quietly or eat/drink.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Review by (Hong Kong)

Staff are helpful but not very friendly. Food services are quite satisfactory, however there are very few vacant seats at all times in the food area. Undoubtedly, shopping is one of the best points of HKIA, snacks are always available in stores around the airport. Queuing time is of course short (for residents in HK), nevertheless I guess the queuing time for visitors is quite long (especially arrivals). The Wi-Fi service is also available. Plugs are my favorites for charging.

Review by (Poland)

I`ve been in HKG 4 times - 2 times for transit and once for Departures and arrival. Connection to the city is well organised, but maybe little bit too expensive (bus I mean). Airport is very modern and clean, full of shops and restaurants. In 2013 I was transfering there and because my arrival was dealayed, a special crew member was helping me with transfer. I remember his help was very useful and professional. I was also very happy to find a post office there, as I forgot to send postcards form the city. HKG is very big airport, it may be overwhelming for some people, I guess. Generally, I recommend this place and confirm that it is one of the best airports in the world.

Review by (Hong Kong)

The basic airport services are becoming worse and worse. For arriving passengers, we had to wait a relatively long time for the opening of the aircraft door opening once the plane had stopped, the opening of the second cabin door took even longer (after almost two thirds of the passengers had disembarked). During the rush hour, we waited for a long time to get our baggage from the carousel. Also, due to lack of main terminal parking bays, we sometimes needed to take the shuttle bus to and from those outer bays or the remote satellite terminal, which was an inconvenience to us.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Review by (Philippines)

It's clean with plenty of toilets and there are lots of computers with free internet. Everything seems to shut at around 11pm even though there a lot of flights into the early hours. On my return (8am), I couldn't find a shop selling soft drinks nor a kiosk or coffee shop with tea, coffee or hot chocolate (but I could have bought dozens of handbags, bottles of perfume etc). The only place signposted turned out to be closed.
Date VisitJune 2015

Review by (Hong Kong)

I arrived in Hong Kong during Easter on a morning flight from Singapore. The entire flow was as smooth as anyone can imagine. The CX flight was allocated at one of the closest gates to immigration and our baggage came out within 20 mins of waiting. As always the airport offered many transportation options. It only took us 40mins from landing to taxi stand and another 30-40mins home. Efficiency is key!

Review by (Australia)

Great Airport in terms of efficiency and shopping. Plenty of late night snacks as well as some solid meals for lunch can easily be found. I had a 1:35hr layover from CX100 to KA996 (To Beijing) with lots of time for shopping relaxing and eating. Travelators make getting from Gate21 to Gate 506 quick and easy. After a late night snack of ramen and security I headed to gate 506. Although this was in a separate section of the Airport the MiniShuttle made the trip around five minutes long (including waiting). Overall one of my best airports efficient and convenient for a layover customer. Highly Recommended excelling in all areas.

Review by (Vietnam)

I had a transit here and this airport is really huge. I had to take a bus first to another terminal then walked around a mile then a train again and another hundred of meters to the gate. But the staff picked me up was excellent they took me through all the gates and without them it is almost impossible for me in time.

Hong Kong Airport customer review

Review by (United States)

Honestly not a fan. I make the long trek to Western China every couple of months for 10-12 days and seem to always book through HKG on the way home from Chengdu. I find the layout totally bizarre and very odd to navigate. Security staff are not downright rude but totally disinterested. Shopping is very ample but rather repetitive and pricey. Like other US residents I despise the no liquids bigger than 3oz. rule even in hand luggage. For a 14-15 hour flight I would really like to be able to bring a large water bottle onboard. But it is the same on all Trans-Pacific flights that take me home so it's not totally fair to hold this against HKG. All in all after 3 trips in a row through HKG will be using PEK now that AA has added direct service to/from my home city of DFW. HKG is not the worst but far from the darling I see so frequently mentioned. I will take Toronto-Pearson every day of the week!