Heraklion Airport

"Think twice before going here"

Unverified | As with all previous comments, this airport stinks. Could not believe how bad it is. From entering the terminal chaos ensued. No organisation, no evident management, such a bad experience. Think twice before going here. Such a shame as it was a brilliant holiday, fantastic people, but the whole island let down by its airport. Why are the airlines tolerating this? They must know how bad it is. Millions being spent on the new motorway (EU money?) nothing spent on this terminal since the 1960s. I would have to think very seriously before going back there. Is anybody listening to all these criticisms or we all wasting our breath? Dreadful customer service.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"like a cattle market with no seats"

Unverified | This must be the worst airport experience we have ever had. The airport was like a cattle market with no seats, the exec lounge full and incomprehensible announcements. The only positive comment I could make is that the staff serving food were excellent despite having to cope with an incredible number of angry and frustrated people. This would certainly put us off ever going back to Crete.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"the worst airport experience ever"

Unverified | Seriously the worst airport experience ever, and we've flown a lot over the last view years. Far too small to handle those huge number of passengers. The just need to take less flights or just close and build a new one. Staff try their best, but simply cannoy function normally is that chaos. I loved Crete, but will only come back if flying is better organised.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Noisy, hot, dirty, unorganized"

(Norway)

Unverified | Well, it's all true. Noisy, hot, dirty, unorganized - and endless lines. A blast from a not very pleasant past. Disgraceful! To the tourist authorites of Crete: The island is beautiful, food is good and people are nice. But the airport is much too small for the amount of passengers passing thru. It is enough to make me consider crossing Crete off my list - at least until you update your airport. So long!

"An absolute disgrace"

Unverified | Worst airport I have experienced. Chaotic, crowded, noisy, unbearably hot, no assistance, poor signage, filthy toilets, poor food. Do the owners know how to run an airport? Do they even care? It seems not. Just in it for the profit. An absolute disgrace.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"lack of clear information"

Unverified | Worst airport experience in Europe. The underlying problem is that the terminal is too small for the amount of people passing through. Add to that the lack of clear information, changing information and unnecessary queueing in sometimes the wring queue. Definitely tainted our visit to a beautiful friendly island.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Crazy queue without lines"

Unverified | Worst airport ever! Crazy queue without lines. After 2 hrs queuing under huge heat, I finally make it to the control gate and I'm told thats not the right gate (which I was indicated by the information 2 hrs before). Went to another gate (I was the only person in the queue, how frustrating). I have asthma I had a great time! But thats not all, after finally ariving at the duty free shop, one staff came to find me again and said that my electronic boarding pass was not a ticket and that I needed to go backwards through control and check in at the easyJet desk. So I returned to the hall and had to go through control again! Madness.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Huge queues, sweltering heat"

Verified Review | Huge queues, sweltering heat, full of flies and over flowing bins. Toilets flooded and no toilet paper. My young son was charged €8 for a small bottle of Coke and bag of crisps. When I went to ask for my money back I was taunted by an older woman assistant who wafted me away as if I was trash. Absolutely disgusting. Thompson, who we flew with should have warned us about this. Ruined our holiday.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"There was filth everywhere"

(Greece)

Unverified | Disgusting Filthy Airport! Yesterday 25th August 2017 my son and his family (wife and 7 year old child) flew home from Heraklion Airport after being on holiday at my home on Crete. Today, after I asked them how their journey had been they said that the Airport was so filthy that it ruined what should have been a good journey. All toilets throughout the Airport were overflowing causing 2 inch deep flooding on the toilet floors. My Son said that the stench made him feel sick when he had no alternative but to use them and his feet and trouser bottoms were soaked. He had to travel home in this condition. He did not venture in to 'Duty Free' because there was a thick layer of dust on most things. There was filth everywhere which is inexcusable when considering how much money the Airport must make from selling the overpriced food etc. I am about to plan a flight in a few weeks and I will certainly not travel from this Airport.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"unprofessional and extremely over crowded"

Verified Review | Airport is very unorganised, unprofessional and extremely over crowded. Got moved 3 times beforehand finally being allowed to pass our suitcases over. Security was awful, got through, went to Everest to get some food where staff were extremely rude and unhelpful, only have half their menu on even though they are the only food place, covered my hot dog in mustard and when I asked to change it she walked off, complained to the cashier lady and she didn't do anything and tried to make me pay for it. Absolutely disgusted with the service from the airline Jet2 holidays and Everest, I will happily never come to this airport again!