Guernsey Airport

Guernsey Airport customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Check-in would not accept passengers until 2 hours before the flight despite the monitors advising us to do so. Check in person was blunt and almost rude, not acceptable, we are the customers! It isn't my fault she was talking quietly and I had to ask her to repeat every time. Then security, they take possession of my backpack and without comment put it on a unit away from me and left it there. A couple of minutes later another security man came along and started swabbing the bag because I had lots of camera equipment inside. The toilets in departures need a good refurbishment. Otherwise a great little airport, modern, clean, with duty free and so on.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Guernsey Airport customer review

Review by (United States)

The Airport is really small and the departures lounge is small and unintuitive. The weird door thing doesn't do anything as you could board any plane once out there. Past security the duty free shop is small and is not a world duty free. There is no WHSmith or Starbucks in the terminal. Otherwise extremely good service.

Guernsey Airport customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Please please get some training for your check in crew miserable is a mild word. I have travelled to Guernsey twice this year and both times the check in crew seem to be doing all pax a favour. Many years ago in BMI times in Guernsey this would not have been tolerated. All over Guernsey one gets superb service until you get to the airport and check into or ask a question on the Flybe desk. Having worked in tourism for many years(including Guernsey). I feel you are doing Fly be a great disservice. The flight was excellent and on time. Hope next time I will see a change.

Review by (New Zealand)

Switching from F to E concourse was a mess. There are no clear signs as to where to go and a large group ended up outside and having to go through security again. This is not acceptable. The airport management needs to have enough signs to get passengers from one concourse to the other. So disappointing!

Review by

Straightforward and logically laid out. Vastly better than their neighbors over in Jersey.

Review by

The new Guernsey airport is large and spacious. No aero bridges due to the variety of aircraft flying into GCI. Luggage collection was quick. Departures side of the terminal has hire car desks tourist information newsagent and cafeteria style eating area. Upstairs is a spacious bar with viewing area of planes taking off and landing. Bus to St Peter Port is from front of terminal routes 4 and 7. Route 7 in summer you can travel in the other direction to other parts of the island. Bus pass for 10 trips can be bought from tourist office and they also have island wide bus timetables. Plenty of taxi's. Garage next door to re-fuel hire cars prior to drop off. Village of Le Bourg and a small military museum a short walk away if you need to kill time before departure.

Review by

Construction of a new terminal had just begun when I used GCI in June 2003. It was a very easy business on arrival as I emerged exactly at the right time to catch a local service bus to St. Peter Port from the stop outside the terminal. The rudimentary facilities at the old terminal were largely shut on the Sunday evening when I checked in for my return flight but occupying my time was no problem as I walked around the corner to the village of Le Bourg and installed myself in the pub there. It took five minutes to return to the terminal. The terminal roof serves as a public viewing area - a pleasantly Olde Worlde experience. Flights to and from GCI can be delayed due to sea fog and mist and I half expected to bump in Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman as I walked out to board the (propeller) aircraft.