Vote Now

Grenoble Airport

"luggage pickup was absolute chaos"

This airport is the absolute pits. On arrival luggage pickup was absolute chaos. On departure there was no signage for flights and you had to just try guess what queue to stand in. Security was a complete joke. They decided randomly that every single cable had to be taken out of bags and scanned separately. They even took out my go pro plastic housings and scanned them separately. Compete inefficiency. If you have any other possible choice avoid this airport.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"it's overcrowded"

Verified Review | Very poor experience. Grenoble Airport has a good location for going to ski, and other mountain activities. However, it's overcrowded. Bag drop took about 40 minutes even though the queues were quite small. The desk showing my flight suddenly changed to another flight of another airline after 15 min of queueing, we had to change the queue. Staff extremely slow. It took 5-7 min for me alone to register the ski and pass visa check. Same time to pass through security control, which suddenly decided to take apart my bag looking for carabiners. I had no problems flying from other airports like Tolouse, but here they are forbidden according to local security policy. No explanation why so was given, and I was forced to sign a paper, giving them away, otherwise they won't pass me through. Of course due to everything being slow there was no time left to put it into baggage.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"not enough seating and unhelpful staff"

Verified Review | This is, by far, the worst airport I have travelled to; and I travel a lot. The airport does not have the infrastructure to handle more than one, medium sized airplane at the time. I am now awaiting my plane and there are 8 scheduled departures within the next two hours, needless to say that it is chaos. Two toilets to serve an entire airport, not enough seating and unhelpful staff. This airport offers a truly unpleasant, stressful experience and I will not travel here again. On the 'toilet note', they must be aware of the shortage of toilets because they have removed the seating rings on both toilets available. I guess this speeds things up a bit.

"unfit for purpose"

Unfit for purpose. Inadequate infrastructure for use as a charter terminal - ski changeover day is busy anywhere but this place has not improved since our last visit 2 years ago. Long and very slow queues to check in (broken baggage belt added to misery) further queue for security and then inadequate seats in departure room (refuse to call it a lounge) and more queues for coffee then loo. Boarded only 20 minutes late which was a miracle The worst was saved for last with a >60 minute hold on the runway waiting for de-icing (private jets given priority). They had 4 flights booked to leave at 10am and more soon after, but clearly cannot achieve this. Avoid at all cost.

"arrival was terrible"

Grenoble airport is horrendous. I haven't departed from it yet however arrival was terrible. You walk into this very dirty, tiny hangar not even with fences to organise the queues so everyone was pushing and shoving. As soon as we left the Passport area (after 1.5 hours) we got to baggage reclaim and they are very unreliable. Belt No.3 was broken, Belt No.2 was very noisy and Belt No.1 is ok but small. After 30 minutes of waiting for our bags, we finally got out. The place is also full of cobwebs and plastic bottles.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"spent our time queuing"

This was quite simply the worst airport I have ever travelled through. We travelled back from a ski trip in the Alps on the 27th Feb and were dropped off 4 hours prior to our departure time by our tour operator because they were obviously expecting the utter chaos which was to ensue. It's like it's ran and organised by a bunch of 10 year olds and is quite simply not fit to cater for the volume of travellers. Despite our early arrival we literally spent our entire time there queuing, had no opportunity to look in the very limited stores and were still late getting on the plane! I'm going to avoid like the plague in future.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"airport is utter chaos"

The worst travel experience of my life, literally. We were dropped off at the airport 4.5hours early after a week skiing, we now know why. The airport is utter chaos, no seats and standing room only across the entire departure area. All fights were delayed simply as a result of not havi the infrastructure to cope with the volume of travellers. After checking opened it took 4 hours to check in, clear security and get to the departure gate. Terrible experience, I'd go as far as to say it was dangerous travelling through Grneoble with very young children (we have an 18 month old and a 4.5yr old). At one stage we were exploring hiring a car do drive back to the UK because this was so terrible. Maybe it's different outside of the holidays, but our experience could not have been any worse.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"only 2 people at passport control"

It was our first visit and will be the last one. There were lots of passengers from various airlines so the airport authorities knew that lots of people needed to go through passport control. We had to queue outside for more than 1/2 hour, there were only 2 people at passport control for hundreds of people arriving. We also had to wait quite a while for our cases. The result was that we missed the shuttle bus to the station therefore we missed the bus going to Alpe D'Huez. On top of that the phone number on the sheet was wrong and we couldnt get through to the bus company to say we had missed the connection. At the bus station, the waiting room was cold, there was no hot drink. On the departure day we sat in a hall beyond the shop and I found, by the window a yellow jacket marked Vinci, obviously a security jacket. When I pointed this out to an airport worker he replied I shouldnt have been near the window. The area was open to everyone. Incompetent, untrained staff. A positive is that the lady at Accueil was polite, helpful and understood our problem. I wouldnt go back, it was a disaster.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"nobody was seemingly in charge"

Spent 90 minutes in security and passport control. They seemed to process people in batches and it looked like staff all went on break for half an hour building up a huge backlog then another batch then another break. Totally bizarre. Every single flight had people that needed to be rushed through to avoid missing their flight and a flight to Birmingham had to be delayed purely because they didn't process passengers fast enough. Nobody was seemingly in charge or could explain why the intermittent shutdowns. As a result of time spent enduring this fiasco nobody was spending any money in duty free or other shops so they will feel the commercial pinch of their own ineptitude. Lyon or Geneva next year.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

Grenoble Airport customer review

Caught a Thomas Cook plane out of Grenoble yesterday and after queuing for 1.5 hours to go through the three minute security check I swear I will not be repeating the experience. No notice of apology or improvement plans for the future were visible so customer satisfaction seems to be of little concern. For that reason I will avoid the area in future.