Glasgow Airport

Review by (United Kingdom) 13th July 2015

We arranged assistance on both outward and inward journeys, when we arrived back at Glasgow airport on 13th June 2015 there was no sign of any assistance, the cleaners were working around me as the aircraft was preparing for another departure, I have never felt so degraded in my life, my daughter eventually found a chair and pushed me herself we entered a lift and on ground floor could not go any further, we had to press an emergency button for help.
Date Visit13-06-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th June 2015

I fly in and out of Glasgow on a fairly regular basis, it's a really good airport. Cosmetically its improved inside and out since the takeover and because of the Commonwealth games. Good signage inside and security is efficient. There's a variety of shops and restaurants plus a big duty free, a good selection for an airport that isn't particularly big. The pay-to-enter lounge "Skylounge" is good, the "Holiday Wing" section lets it down a bit, sofas are torn, food and drink selection isn't great and staff can be slow to clear tables. The "Business Wing" section of the lounge is excellent, floor-to-ceiling windows where you can see planes taking off, nice leather seats and sofas, improved drinks choice, coffee machine, free wi-fi etc. I can't comment on the two domestic piers since I haven't been on the BA/Flybe one for several years and I've never been on the one that serves low-cost carriers but the International pier is decent. Plenty of seats, excellent views and a couple of WH Smith. Arriving back in GLA is inconsistent though. Customs can be fast or it can be a huge queue, it's the luck of the draw, baggage reclaim is quick though.
Date Visit27-04-2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th May 2015

Arrived at Glasgow airport from Heraklion in the early hours of Saturday morning (23/5/2015). Shocking queues and delays. Why only 2 staff on duty? What an appalling way to treat to treat people. Someone somewhere should be very ashamed - and preferably out of a job.

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th May 2015

My wife and I have travelled from Glasgow airport many times during the last 10 years. We travelled to Faro in Portugal 25/04/2015 and arrived at the airport at 5.30. Went to section 2 for our Jet2 check-in no queues so went straight to the desk handed over our confirmation/passports and cases. We then went to security to be in the terminal so we could get breakfast got through security in a couple of mins went to Frankie and Bennys for breakfast went shopping killed some time until our flight at 08.15. Everything went smoothly and we will be using Glasgow in the future better than Aberdeen or Edinburgh.

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th May 2015

We had no problems with our arrival at the airport. Our problems started at security on our return journey home. We travel frequently and have sturdy resealable plastic bags which we reuse for carrying liquids in our hand luggage. We have never had a problem using the bags which were actually sold as suitable for this very purpose. However Glasgow security have a problem because the bags seal with a zip. They made us empty the bags into their bags before we could pass through security. The Gov.uk site makes no reference to zips being banned it only stipulates that the bags must not be knotted or tied. Glasgow obviously work by their own rules.

Review by (United Kingdom) 5th May 2015

Glasgow Airport is a good airport. Check-in staff are pleasant. Security staff are very pleasant - unlike the awful security process at Heathrow. The new British Airways lounge is lovely. It's six months since I was in it before and the lady at the desk asked how my wee grandson was.

Review by (United Kingdom) 11th November 2014

I flew into Glasgow from Cancun and it was a delight - passport control was quick and easy and everything seemed very clean and organised. A lot better than last year when I used Gatwick.

Review by (United Kingdom) 3rd July 2014

Flew in from Belfast and was rather impressed. No queues cheerful staff and good facilities make this airport a joy to use. My only gripe being the 500 bus into Glasgow city centre a single ticket costs six pounds outrageous!

Review by (United Kingdom) 21st May 2014

Usual humiliating wait to be allowed into one's own country at passport control at 2.30 in the morning coming off a Thomson holiday flight from Heraklion. Had plenty of time to read the instructions on my passport - HM requires me to be pass without let or hindrance. Airline staff are able to skip through quickly while the rest of us become increasingly frustrated.

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st May 2014

Very poor for help and info once through security. Flights delayed over 2 hours no one with info. Focus more on shopping rather than on customer care.