Glasgow Airport

"the signage is awful"

Verified Review | My wife was picking me up from Glasgow airport so I walked round to the usual pick up point but they've changed things around and she wasn't allowed to stop there. I had to watch her drive past me (it was busy big queue of cars behind her) and forced round into a new pick up zone. I had to walk all the way round the other side of the multi car parks the road with my case (the signage is awful) which took me 5 minutes while dodging cars on the road! Then to get out of the airport we had to pass through barriers staffed by 5! NCP attendants and were charged £2 for the pleasure. I've traveled through Glasgow airport many times and its never been the best airport but this takes this biscuit. Its totally confusing - there were lots of people stopping their cars looking around not knowing where to go or what to do. And do you really need to charge people to be dropped off and picked up when only stopping for 30 seconds. What a complete waste of time and a totally rip off. Welcome to Glasgow airport!
Date VisitAugust 2017

"Horrendous queues at passport control"

Verified Review | Horrendous queues at passport control this morning. Arrived in at 1.50am on Wednesday 26th July which was already a half hour delay only to wait at passport control for a further hour and a half. Ridiculous carry on. Only four officers on the desks who were trying to cope with all the flight arrivals which I believe was approximately 10 flights. The electronic scanner was not on which would have eased the burden on these officers. The powers above need to do something about this. Absolutely ridiculous.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"was a nightmare"

Verified Review | We were coming back to Glasgow from Gran Canaria, a long flight, 2 am with 6 month old baby. After getting off the plane, my buggy was not left outside the plane for me. I had to carry my baby all the way to the airport and wait 40 min in a queue to get through passport control. This was a nightmare that every parent will understand. No one put families with kids in front of queue and help passangers as kids were tired and crying.
Date VisitJune 2017

"just want to share my appreciation"

Verified Review | I would like to thank the 2 fire crew who assisted me until the medic arrived after I was taken ill arriving back from holiday, as well as the medic. They all helped me so much until I was taken to hospital. I am back home now. I just want to share my appreciation of all the staff who assisted. Excellent work and I could not have been in safer hands.
Date VisitJune 2017

"Shocking service by Glasgow airport"

Unverified | Totally incompetent. One hour waiting for luggage coming off flight. When we arrived in Croatia we arrived there and within 1.5 hours we were having lunch in the resort. Shocking service by Glasgow airport.

"it wasn't moving"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Arrived at Glasgow from Johannesburg via Heathrow, followed the signs for customs, went to the carousel to collect my luggage along with a few other people and guess what, it wasn't moving. I waited for 10 minutes, still nothing. Looked around and there was no customs official, guy next to me said this usually happens, just go to the domestic carousel which I did and there was my baggage, bottom line, you could have easily smuggled items through the airport. The baggage was checked straight through from JHB to GLA. Other than that no problems.
Date VisitApril 2017

"what are Glasgow playing at"

This is the 2nd time that I have arrived at Glasgow airport this year and on both occasions the queue for passport control was horrendous, at least 30 mins long. The first time they were not using the e-passport control because of staffing levels and yesterday although the e-passport was working there was no defining line between the two resulting in a big mob. Just what are Glasgow playing at, in this day and age it should be a pleasant experience to fly but for me it one big long walk.

"business-traveller unfriendly"

Verified Review | StewartGlasgow airport must be one of the worst, business-traveller unfriendly, airports in western Europe. The infrastructure is incapable of dealing with the volume of passengers. Such a pity, as Glasgow is otherwise an amazing city. Denied entry at security because I was 'too early.' Told to 'come back later.'
Date VisitApril 2017

"What a welcome to Scotland!"

Verified Review | We travelled to Dubai, Perth WA, Sydney NSW Australia, Singapore airports over the previous 7 weeks starting 5th January 2017. Each airport was immaculate, customs and passport control slick with no delays. Airport staff were polite and welcoming. Easy check in and collection of baggage. Leaving from Glasgow airport was pleasant enough. The same cannot be said about our return to Glasgow airport from the Dubai flight evening of 19th February. We were taken off the plane onto the tarmac in the pouring rain. We then had to join an extremely long queue for passport control. Eventually cold and tired, having stood in this queue for what felt like forever, we were greeted by a member of airport staff constantly shouting down the queue to "put of your mobile phones". What a welcome to Scotland! It was embarrassing to see and hear. Thankfully I am a native of Scotland but what a first impression of our beautiful country for a tourist. After the great treatment and courtesy shown to us on our travels through much bigger and busier airports I could not believe how poor customer service was here. Glasgow airport - take an example of these other great airports and step up to the mark.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"amateurish in its approach"

Arrived into Glasgow off an Emirates flight EK 025 at 6.50pm. International flights from Amsterdam and Malaga had arrived before us. At passport control a huge queue over 100m in length - took 30 mins to get through. Spoke to the person who was possibly meant to be organising the queues - "maybe flights arrived close to one another" - that's what happens at airports! Then out into the shambles that is the car park - the only car park where incoming and outgoing traffic share the same routes - another 30 minutes to get out of there. Utterly pathetic Glasgow Airport - amateurish in its approach to arriving passengers.
Date VisitNovember 2016