Glasgow Airport

"I'm OK with the airport"

Verified Review | Glasgow to Dubai return. Going out at 5pm very happy with the security process, the variety of shops and eating places. More than enough room in the International Pier for the flight out, which was (as usual) pretty full. Returning at 1230pm: it took a while to get the baggage, and the passport control process, never pleasant, felt dragged out - too cramped an area, not enough e-Gates. Overall, I'm OK with the airport for this flight, which I've travelled on frequently; but the airport would need to invest quite significantly in the inbound handling arrangements if it wanted to handle A380s on any regular basis.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"pick up and drop off is the biggest heist for travellers"

Unverified | I think Glasgow airport pick up and drop off is the biggest heist for travellers coming and going from the airport having to fork out £2 for ten minutes or less. The company running this must be raking in a fortune on a daily basis considering the volume of cars going through it's barriers and yet the congestion still exists. They have cars dropping off and picking up passengers 24/7 and staff I would imagine are on minimum wage so profits are astronomical to say the least. Even in the wee small hours there is no concession for taxis who bring travellers to this rip off airport.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"wide range of retail and catering options"

Unverified | I'm originally from Scotland and in fact used to work at GLA in the 1990s. On recent visits back to see family, for various reasons, I've chosen to fly into Edinburgh, which has increasingly been going downhill to the point where it is now best avoided. So it's with great pleasure I note that Glasgow has managed to keep up with the market by providing ample and efficient security space, a wide range of retail and catering options, and a generally clean and friendly environment. Even if my visits are concentrated on Edinburgh in the future, I think I'd probably still choose Glasgow as my arrival and departure point, it is vastly preferable to the dirty and stressful experience of our capital city's airport.

"the signage is awful"

Verified Review | My wife was picking me up from Glasgow airport so I walked round to the usual pick up point but they've changed things around and she wasn't allowed to stop there. I had to watch her drive past me (it was busy big queue of cars behind her) and forced round into a new pick up zone. I had to walk all the way round the other side of the multi car parks the road with my case (the signage is awful) which took me 5 minutes while dodging cars on the road! Then to get out of the airport we had to pass through barriers staffed by 5! NCP attendants and were charged £2 for the pleasure. I've traveled through Glasgow airport many times and its never been the best airport but this takes this biscuit. Its totally confusing - there were lots of people stopping their cars looking around not knowing where to go or what to do. And do you really need to charge people to be dropped off and picked up when only stopping for 30 seconds. What a complete waste of time and a totally rip off. Welcome to Glasgow airport!
Date VisitAugust 2017

"Horrendous queues at passport control"

Verified Review | Horrendous queues at passport control this morning. Arrived in at 1.50am on Wednesday 26th July which was already a half hour delay only to wait at passport control for a further hour and a half. Ridiculous carry on. Only four officers on the desks who were trying to cope with all the flight arrivals which I believe was approximately 10 flights. The electronic scanner was not on which would have eased the burden on these officers. The powers above need to do something about this. Absolutely ridiculous.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"was a nightmare"

Verified Review | We were coming back to Glasgow from Gran Canaria, a long flight, 2 am with 6 month old baby. After getting off the plane, my buggy was not left outside the plane for me. I had to carry my baby all the way to the airport and wait 40 min in a queue to get through passport control. This was a nightmare that every parent will understand. No one put families with kids in front of queue and help passangers as kids were tired and crying.
Date VisitJune 2017

"just want to share my appreciation"

Verified Review | I would like to thank the 2 fire crew who assisted me until the medic arrived after I was taken ill arriving back from holiday, as well as the medic. They all helped me so much until I was taken to hospital. I am back home now. I just want to share my appreciation of all the staff who assisted. Excellent work and I could not have been in safer hands.
Date VisitJune 2017

"Shocking service by Glasgow airport"

Unverified | Totally incompetent. One hour waiting for luggage coming off flight. When we arrived in Croatia we arrived there and within 1.5 hours we were having lunch in the resort. Shocking service by Glasgow airport.

"it wasn't moving"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Arrived at Glasgow from Johannesburg via Heathrow, followed the signs for customs, went to the carousel to collect my luggage along with a few other people and guess what, it wasn't moving. I waited for 10 minutes, still nothing. Looked around and there was no customs official, guy next to me said this usually happens, just go to the domestic carousel which I did and there was my baggage, bottom line, you could have easily smuggled items through the airport. The baggage was checked straight through from JHB to GLA. Other than that no problems.
Date VisitApril 2017

"what are Glasgow playing at"

This is the 2nd time that I have arrived at Glasgow airport this year and on both occasions the queue for passport control was horrendous, at least 30 mins long. The first time they were not using the e-passport control because of staffing levels and yesterday although the e-passport was working there was no defining line between the two resulting in a big mob. Just what are Glasgow playing at, in this day and age it should be a pleasant experience to fly but for me it one big long walk.
Date VisitApril 2017