Glasgow Airport

"lack of staff is a joke"

Not Verified | Long queue at Security but to be fair extra staff arrived (eventually) and we got thru. The WiFi was non existent despite full signal. On return, we were standing on the tarmac in the UK Border Control queue. A pre recorded message telling everyone that “due to high levels of Inbound passengers there will be a delay”. This is ridiculous! Surely the airport knows what flights are arriving, when and with how many passengers? That being, sufficient numbers of staff should be on hand to deal with the queue. Either that or invest in more E-Passport terminals (which never seem to work at Glasgow either). I have no objections to queuing at passport control when visiting other countries but having to wait over an hour to get back into my own country due to lack of staff is a joke! Having waited for so long at the UK Border, you would think that by the time you get through to baggage reclaim, the cases would be on the carousel. Not so! Another 30 minute wait! Glasgow, as my home town I love you. However, Glasgow Airport, I hate having to fly from you. Mind you, it’s not as bad as Edinburgh Airport.
Date VisitJune 2018

"lacking in communication skills"

Trip Verified | The management of Glasgow airport deserves to be sacked. The incompetent arrangement of inbound flights and attendant chaos could have been avoided. Staff are seriously lacking in communication skills. No wonder this airport is losing all its business. Change or disappear.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"charge more for less"

(Lithuania)

Not Verified | This airport definitely follows a recent trend of other UK airports. Which is charge more for less and be as uncomfortable as you are able to in the process. For example, I walked into the airport and I wanted to weigh my bag - a service that is free everywhere else in the world, as far as I know, yet here - it'll cost you 1 pound. Negligible, but honestly, just for weighing your bag? What do I do if I don't have cash on hand? Another example is the free WiFi. This is 2018. Internet doesn't exactly cost that much and a few additional WiFi routers aren't going to be much of bother - yet they only give you an hour free (which is worse than Luton airport, mind you) and then you have to pay 3 pounds per every hour! Not to mention you have to subscribe to their news that'll flood your email. I am not kidding, it's not even optional. If you've arrived at this airport during the night at times around 00.00 - 04.00, everything is pretty much closed barring Tesco Express (which saved me, honestly) and a few coffee shops (bless the staff there). Can't get through security, can't go and eat something at least partially decent (that is not a sandwich). Also, is it really that hard to have proper signs? I followed a literal maze to get anywhere close to departures. I honestly would not be surprised if the toilets here are pay to use either. At this point, I am hoping that I will at least have a good run through security, which I heard wasn't that horrible.
Date VisitMay 2018

"airport just gets worse"

Not Verified | Glasgow airport just gets worse - this morning the underground parking now has spaces from which you drop off and then reverse into oncoming traffic. I came through this airport from Amsterdam on a Monday afternoon and had to queue for half an hour to go through border control as the barriers usually operated by one person didn’t open until 6pm. This airport is not interested in the passenger - avoid it if you can.
Date VisitApril 2018

"staff very friendly"

Not Verified | Great airport, staff very friendly, easy to access. It’s a shame it is taking over Glasgow Prestwick International Airport. It is getting big now but I have never experienced any delays or long security queues. Overall I love this airport, great lots of shops in departure area.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"found this new system to be extortion"

Not Verified | The first impressions of any airport for me are arriving at the building. I am shocked to have been charged £2 to be dropped off at the door of Glasgow Airport. I haven't flown from Glasgow in years and was in total disbelief that the old drop off area has been replaced with a convoluted, badly signposted indoor carpark where everyone who passes through is required to pay a minimum of £2 regardless. Airport parking is often disproportionately expensive but I found this new system to be extortion. This minimum charge applies to taxis, increasing the fare for travellers, it applies to friends and relatives offering a lift out of kindness. I met someone who took a wrong turn off the motorway who told me she was made to pay. The free alternative to deliver people to the long-stay carpark off site is impractical and inhumane. It is transparent and unnecessary greed that ruined any positive experience I could have had. I am incensed that any charge, never mind such a high one, could be charged for access to such an unremarkable airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"the security is very friendly"

Not Verified | I was going to Poland for my holidays and I was departing out of Glasgow Airport. To be honest it was quite good, the security is very friendly and queuing times are short at security and the baggage came really quickly. Check in queues also go really quickly and signs are nice. What I most liked is that they had these machines that you can tap a happy or sad face on it as a review then for example when you walk into security there is a board saying how many percent were happy with security.
Date VisitJune 2017

"lack of information on flight times"

Not Verified | The lack of information on flight times is always awful at Glasgow Airport, with very uncomfortable seating in the gate areas. The staff look at you like you have two heads if you ask them about the flight time. It has always been like this, and from what I see will never change. It is a very poor airport experience - flown through Glasgow about 15 times this year. Inbound flights always take time to connect the airbridge/ steps (if the operator is on shift).
Date VisitDecember 2017

"I'm OK with the airport"

Verified Review | Glasgow to Dubai return. Going out at 5pm very happy with the security process, the variety of shops and eating places. More than enough room in the International Pier for the flight out, which was (as usual) pretty full. Returning at 1230pm: it took a while to get the baggage, and the passport control process, never pleasant, felt dragged out - too cramped an area, not enough e-Gates. Overall, I'm OK with the airport for this flight, which I've travelled on frequently; but the airport would need to invest quite significantly in the inbound handling arrangements if it wanted to handle A380s on any regular basis.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"pick up and drop off is the biggest heist for travellers"

Unverified | I think Glasgow airport pick up and drop off is the biggest heist for travellers coming and going from the airport having to fork out £2 for ten minutes or less. The company running this must be raking in a fortune on a daily basis considering the volume of cars going through it's barriers and yet the congestion still exists. They have cars dropping off and picking up passengers 24/7 and staff I would imagine are on minimum wage so profits are astronomical to say the least. Even in the wee small hours there is no concession for taxis who bring travellers to this rip off airport.
Date VisitAugust 2017