Geneva Airport

Geneva Airport customer review

Small airport but if you're not departing from the main terminal you have to walk a long end. Passport control/customs on arrival no queues (they've removed passport control). On departure small queue with passport but at security bit long. No efficient screening. Not much shops and food-outlets after screening so buy some snacks before entering the terminal. Not much seats in the waiting area could improve.

Geneva Airport customer review

When I last arrived at Geneva Airport I made two very brief telephone calls in one of the telephone booths using my credit card. When looking at the screen I had the impression that each call was several cents but on receiving my bank statement I see that each call was in fact over 19 Euros! 100 times more than I expected!! I assume that there was some mistake as I certainly saw no warning on the booth that there was a minimum price so I contacted the airport but they said the phone booths were run by Swisscom so I contacted them several times but only received automatic replies. So avoid using your credit card with the phones at Geneva airport!

Geneva Airport customer review

Very efficient Airport. Fast Line for VIP Business and First Class passengers is well indicated and functional. Airport Security Personnel are very efficient and courteous. It take me only 1 minute to pass the security check point. Walking distance are short and sign are well indicated in English which is very helpful for international passengers. It's a French City Airport but the personnel speak well English and make international passengers feel welcomed (You must pass by CDG to appreciate the differences). Shopping offers very large choice of luxury items and Fine Restaurants exist here.

Geneva Airport customer review

Compared to most UK airports GVA is pretty good: not too large OK security OK baggage reclaim and even a gourmet restaurant on the top floor. But it is definitely second best in comparison to ZRH which works better despite being much bigger. In particular the circular gate area used for many of the UK flights was unacceptable: not enough seats to cope with 4 different delayed flights.

Geneva Airport customer review

I use Geneva Airport 5 times a month minimum. For the past year or so the airport has gone through major infrastructure upgrade. Even if at some times it was dreadful to go through the airport it is getting better. They just opened a new security check point - first week was a nightmare even if queuing time was quicker than before but since last week it is a pleasure to pass through security. I have always found English speaking staff.

Geneva Airport customer review

This is simply the worst airport I have been in. I was an EasyJet passenger and had to depart through the B gates there is a little tunnel to get to the B gate and there were live wires hanging out through the ceiling. At the terminal itself there was only a little cafe with nothing in terms of souvenirs. In the departure lounge there is nowhere to sit except in a tiny overpriced cafe. Unless you want to buy jewellery there is not much to do airside. Landside there is a small starbucks and a couple of shops but nothing amazing. Avoid!

Geneva Airport customer review

The terminal was clean though very dated. Staff were efficient if not friendly and not happy that I couldn't use the self check-in terminal as it wouldn't recognise my booking. Security queues were long but quickly processed. Was not made aware of the pre boarding document check at the gate and was removed from the line to get my documents checked for the fourth time before being allowed to board. An OK airport

Geneva Airport customer review

I pass through Geneva 3 or 4 times a year on holiday trips mostly. I rate an airport on how easy it is to get to and from find things in it available space to sit and wait for a flight how well it sorts the baggage side out and what it costs to do simple things like buy food water and a hot drink. Geneva has good transport links so scores well there. If you are stuck there for any time there seems very little space before security to comfortably rest one's bones (ie not the floor) but perhaps that is due to the work being carried out in the airport and that I travel at busy holiday times. There is plenty of space afterwards though. The baggage collection side of the airport is frankly chaotic and inefficient. he airport aslo fails miserably when it comes to providing food drink etc at fair (even for an airport) prices. For example to buy water after security and a 750cc bottle cost 5.20 euros. It costs 1 euro in the UK and 2.75 in Barcelona. Other food and duty free prices are equally high if you are just a regular traveller. It is Switzerland I know but there are prices and then high prices; I found it an expensive place. Security checks were rather lax on the last two trips I have been on especially when compared to my local airport. Not my favourite airport.

Geneva Airport customer review

I use it weekly both in and out and have done for 4 years. If you are not skiing on a Saturday when it appears to be bedlam (as it is not a big place) it is a fast modern and clean place. Fitting are generally high quality. It is true that it can be annoying that the airline lounges are before security as you can't stay in them up until the last minute as the time to clear security is highly variable. It can be very fast at slack periods or there may be quite a queue. If you want a high quality Swiss watch all the brands are there in Duty Free - an impressive selection. If you want to bring home Swiss food don't wait to clear passport control - it will cost you an arm and a leg. You should use the shops near the train terminal. The airport is simple to find bang on a motorway and the train station is built in. For info the most convenient car park the P1 is more expensive than the others. The P26 is the best. Only a short walk and cheaper but harder to find. The P50-something is a nightmare. Avoid. I find GVA a perfectly pleasant place and much nicer as an airport than most. Compared to Gatwick it is in a different class.

Geneva Airport customer review

This airport is just very easy to use there are enough panels ton indicate you the gates and the staff from Dnata Switzerland was very efficient and friendly on my GVA-AUH flight. The airport is also getting a new face after what I saw. Terminal 1 is being extended all restaurants are being changed/modernised and even a gastronomic restaurant opened on the roof of the airport with a panoramic view of the tarmac! A brand new boarding dock is also to be inaugurated in the next days so I think that GVA airport is on a really good way to be a modern and dynamic airport!