Geneva Airport

"arrive at least 2.5 hours before flight"

Trip Verified | In February they send many skiing flights to UK round to Terminal 2 - look at departures and walk to left for several minutes, basic terminal, 30-45 minute queue for security after check in with people standing outside in the cold then a long walk back to terminal 1. But beware - once you have departure gate go straight there - Saturday in Feb, 15 minute walk to gate then half an house plus queue for passport control and if Flybe hadn't waited over half the people would have missed - arrive at least 2.5 hours before flight time and don't delay in duty free - even the security staff hadn't heard of terminal 2 and lots of anxious people aand missed flights.

"very limited seating"

Not Verified | Probably the worst airport in Europe. Expect up to an hour to get your luggage, horrible long queue in security control and an overcrowded airport. Hardly any restaurants and very limited seating. This airport needs desperately major upgrades and does not meet modern standards.

"Beware of pick pockets"

Not Verified | Beware of pick pockets roaming around the airport. My daughter lost her wallet, cards and all cash after arriving at Geneva Airport on 5th February 2018. The staff are rude and not helpful. She asked for help at the customer service reception but they just ignored her and did not even offer assistance. Avoid this airport at all cost if you have alternative.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"Too cramped, nowhere to sit"

Not Verified | Nightmare! It took over 1 hour for all the baggage to come through to the reclaim area on arrival with nobody able to advise what was happening. It meant we were late for our transfer. On our return journey the charter terminal was chaotic. Too cramped, nowhere to sit, long queues to check in. We were then held in a room before having to get a bus to the main terminal, then a ridiculously long walk to gate D83. Then another bus to the aircraft. It was so bad people were laughing. It took 2.5 hours to get to the Gate from being dropped off at the terminal. 2.5 hours of queuing and walking through the terminal to the gate. No time to have refreshments or even use toilet facilities. Awful for anyone with children or elderly people. Using the Geneva charter terminal is a terrible experience. It's the worst case of airport inefficiency I have come across ever. Why 2 bus journeys and a huge amount of walking within the same airport just to get on a plane?

"What a nightmare"

Trip Verified | I have travelled on business and for holidays for many years and have somehow had the great fortune to avoid Geneva airport - until yesterday. What a nightmare! We were on a package skiing holiday and were left in a cold entrance hall with very little seating to await our check-in time. We then queued for an hour to check in, queued for 1.5 hours to get through security (which had no system to help travellers set out their belongings for checking without holding up the queue), then we were herded onto a bus to the main airport, walked 15 minutes to the departure gate (no time to shop or eat), queued another 30 minutes at passport control, walked to the final gateway, got herded onto another bus and out onto the plane. The whole thing took nearly four hours! There were parents with young children who looked exhausted. Swiss efficiency is clearly a thing of myth and fable.

"Grossly inadequate seating"

Trip Verified | I’m not one for writing reviews but I feel so strongly about how poor and inadequate Geneva airport is that I have decided to. Security poorly organised and appalling logistics. Grossly inadequate seating in bar restaurant area. Lack of seating in departures hall and at gate D83 there are only 48 seats for a plane that takes over 200 people. Oh, and it’s far too hot. Next year when we come skiing I’m driving over.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"horrific and unnecessarily mismanaged"

Trip Verified | If ever I needed to fly through the world's worst airport, this is it. On both departures and arrival we had queues. Queues that were horrific and unnecessarily mismanaged. There were worst airports I went through that managed their queues better than this one. In fact, after getting through the simply ridiculous departure queues we absolutely ran for our plane, so we didn't get time to check out the amenities at all. To add insult to injury the signs weren't up to scratch either. The WiFi was unnecessarily complicated to connect to, and once in it was sluggish to respond. I genuinely feel sorry for a great city that has to put up with this horrible mess of an international gateway. Few airports are as inefficient and ridiculous as Geneva; I'd avoid flying here in future.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"airport in general is alright"

Not Verified | The airport in general is alright. We had no problems on arrival, the real problems were in the departure process. For both, ridiculous is the word that sums it up for me. The immigration, passport and security queues were terrible and each desk (especially at departures) were designed to take two queues each, which shows this airport's lack of planning for overcrowding. Admittedly we didn't get to look through the duty free et al as we had to run for our plane, through slightly convoluted corridors as well. The WiFi was unnecessarily complicated to connect to, and once in it was sluggish to respond. Overall, this isn't exactly the best airport in the world, and not one I'd like to fly through on a regular basis.

"Shameful shambles"

Not Verified | Terrible terrible queue to get through passport control at Geneva airport on a flight from London. Unbelievable. We missed our pre-booked and Pre-paid taxi because of this. Shameful shambles. We had to queue for one hour with two young children. It was horrendous.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"irrationally inflexible and horribly rude"

Trip Verified | Every personnel I encountered has been useless, irrationally inflexible and horribly rude. I arrived for a flight 1hr30min before flight time which has always been sufficient time. Ended up in a long line at Swiss Airlines and when I asked what I should do, I was told by the staff to wait. Then by the time I got to check in they said it was too late to check in. They claimed there was an announcement which I never heard and tried to blame me by claiming that I should have arrived 3hrs before. When I got sent to get my ticket rebooked they said the only way I could leave today was to pay $2500. Multiple discussions, multiple phone calls and 2hrs later, I ended rebooking myself over the phone paying $600. Not a single person at Swiss Airlines or Geneva airport helped me. Worst airport experience of my life.