Frankfurt Main Airport

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

We arrived at gate B44 and left from gate A38. The transfer between the two terminals was relatively easy. We had to clear the passport control as we had arrived from Canada. After that down some stairs and through the security scan again. Not sure why this was required as there was no other way to access this area other than from passport control. This could be a hindrance if your connection is too tight as it took us a little bit to get through this checkpoint. After clearing here we followed the signs and took the long tunnel to terminal A. On the way back we arrived at A36 and left from B44. We only had 35 minutes to make the transfer since our arriving flight was late. No problems as we didn't have to clear any security. We arrived at our flight with 25 minutes to spare after doing some jogging to get there. We would do the transfer here again and didn't experience any of the signage issues others have.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Recently came in from Doha on Qatar Airways transferred through Frankfurt to London on British Airways. QR arrives in Terminal 1B and BA heads out from Terminal 2D. As others have noted unless you know your way around the airport it is very easy to get lost. I would recommend that if you intend making a transfer you google 'Frankfurt Airport' and head into the 'maps' section: here you will find the relationship between Terminal 1 and 2 which will give you a rough idea of where you are headed for. Once you have a rough idea the signage (or lack of it) will not be so confusing. However because I was transferring between airlines I could not arrange for the automatic transfer of my bags at Frankfurt so had to collect them on arrival and re-check them for the next sector: to do this you have to pass through immigration so any passenger in transit between airlines will need either a EU passport or a visa in order to collect hold baggage. Maybe I was dumb but nowhere could I see a Transfer Desk as at other airports where a transfer could be carried out. Also if in transit between terminals using the overhead train be warned that you have to pass through security: as another poster has noted they use hand wands set to the most sensitive setting: watches all small change shoes belts pens etc have to be removed; even the passport in my shirt pocket had to be taken out and inspected. This is all very time-consuming: allow a minimum of 2 hours between flights if you are changing terminals. Overall a very depressing airport.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

I used Frankfurt airport recently. I am in total agreement with other reviews it is a horrible place to use if you can avoid it please do. Terminal 1 was just too dark and dingy and most of all too confusing and very intimidating There was no help desk or help that I could find. I do not know what terminal 2 is like so if any of you have recently used terminal 2 I would be keen to read about your experience there. On the whole this really is a terrible place.