Frankfurt Main Airport

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Overall Frankfurt is okay but not particularly cutting edge. I often fly to the UK from it and hate the fact that you have to go through security twice. For flights to the UK you go through the main security area but then have to go through a smaller security right before the gate. Usually when I am traveling it is with my young son and after hauling all my luggage through security number two to the gate waiting area I have been dismayed to see that the toilet is outside the gate and before security. I then have to haul all my stuff back out of the gate to use the toilet and then go through the security line all over again. What idiot puts toilets outside of the gate and security? At least put a sign warning people there are none in the gate waiting area!

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Even though it was the beginning of the holiday season queues were fairly short and security took me about 3min (Business). Check-in was no problem either. There is sufficient choice of shops and restaurants. FRA is always very clean even though the design lacks some colors everything is gray. Staff polite they don't smile as much as Asian employees but what do you expect in Europe. I cannot understand why most people here complain about FRA airport. It's a big airport

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

FRA is quite well organized for such a large airport. My main confusion? In terminal A the bathrooms are single-person bathrooms!! When I travelled through recently there were queues of 8-10 people outside each door creating unnecessary back-log and crowding into the terminal. I can't for a minute imagine why an airport as big as Frankfurt would have single- stall bathrooms. I don't know if that's how it works in other terminals but it did in the main Lufthansa terminal A. Also upon arrival we had to use airstairs and be bussed into the terminal which took a long time - there was a traffic jam and we could not leave the bus for a long time. And this was arriving on a full wide-body aircraft from the US.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Arrived from Canada In Terminal 1B connecting to a flight to Rome in Terminal 1B. Lots of expensive places to get a coffee or snack in terminal 1B. Very confusing and poorly marked underground walkway to "A" area. Once there had little time to look for restaurants etc. Restrooms were all very clean staff were all helpful overall a pleasant airport. One word of advice though security is slow as we had to clear on the return.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

The handling of people needing assistance is inadequate and inefficient in Frankfurt. You wait 5 minutes until the check-in assistant can get hold of someone coordinating the assistance then 10 minutes are needed for the electric car to come and another 2/3 minutes for the driver to key in data on his PDA. Then you are driven a few meters and put off at security where a second person waits for you and looks at you going through the security check; this person walks you 20 meters further to a bench where you wait another 15 minutes for the next car to come(3rd involved person) and again for the input of data in the PDA. In Bangkok or Beijing no hightech electric cars but a simple wheelchair with a single person who brings you from A to Z ! And this in Terminal 1; in Terminal 2 things are worse as the cars do not fit into the elevators.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Arriving from the brilliant Terminal 5 at LHR Terminal 2 at FRA is a bit of a nightmare. Huge distances to walk through featureless and dimly lit corridors. Large number of missing ceiling panels with wires and pipework hanging down just looks bad. Long wait at passport control and another long walk to the transit - to get to Terminal 1 and all the public transport options. It's all looking a bit tired and in need of maintenance at the moment - unusual for a German airport especially their primary international hub. As for departing Terminal 2 - stay well away from the food hall in Terminal 2 - it's vile. Things do get better airside though.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

I really do not understand why most passengers complain about FRA airport. I use this airport as my home airport for more than 20 years and I find it very easy to get around good sign postings very polite and helpful staff from FRAPORT the airport handling agency. There are various help desks virtually near every corner of all Terminals. It is no problem to succeed in 45 min transfer time connections within same Terminal (T1 or T2) and u need abt 60 min between Termials T1 n T2 vv. The shopping n entertainment venues are more than sufficient. The supermarket (TEGUT) in Terminal 1 Hall C is great and has normal street prices.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Frankfurt airport is huge but lacks variety of shops and if you have long break there is limited things you can do. The most annoying thing is that you can`t take trolleys into the train connecting terminals.T he other annoying thing is that I passed numerous metal detectors with the same clothes only in Frankfurt did go off.

(Jordan)

Arrived at terminal 2 concourse D and my connecting flight was in terminal 1 concourse A. Terminal 2 is not as busy as terminal 1 and no queues on passport control. Getting to the skyline train for changing terminals was pretty simple the train passes by frequently and the process does not take more than 5 minutes. Upon arriving at A there was a security check but also no queues.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

I have transited FRA on many occasions and found this trip to be especially frustrating. I was coming from SFO and enroute to ATH. I had about 3 hours in between and wanted to go into the terminal to buy something at the terminal supermarket. As we arrived in C I went into the LH lounge in C and then exited into Germany. As the ATH flight left from A my re-entry to claim my stuff in C required numerous explanations and checks only to find that in moving from C to A I had once again to exit (non-Schengen) and re-enter again. All in all I have three German stamps for a 3 hour visit - not bad for filling the passport. I have previously realized that FRA is a complex airport but this was my first experience with this much confusion. Signage is adequate but could be improved.