Frankfurt Main Airport

"chaotic organisation"

Not Verified | If you have to make an stop-over, awoid this airport! At least towards the evening. As delays at the huge airports are quite normal, the delay was known beafore the departure, and the stop-over is in Germany, there is no reason to worry - I thought. Lufthansa arrived to Split 2 hours later, picked us up, flew us to Frankfurt and basically left passengers wandering around discovering airport at night together with another several hundred travellers from different delayed planes. It seemed that the ground personnel is just as lost at Frankfurt airport as we passengers. But they still give you the direction, only in different directions. And curiously annoyed, untypical for Germans as I know them. Instead of Lufthansa 'transfer and information desk', as announced in the airplane, you should figure that your destination is actually by one of the the check-in's at lobby A. At the end of the second hour of standing in the second mega-line with hundeeds of people that lost connection flights, polite receptionist explains this is the every day situation unless Sheraton is fully booked. I was even lucky! And ground personal is probably annoyed because of the chaotic organisation and the same every day business with lost passengers. No choice for both parties, service users and employees.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"unprofessional and disrespectful staff"

Not Verified | Horribly unprofessional and disrespectful staff. After asking a question at the desk about checking a bag the gentleman rolled his eyes and called the next customer. Never received this type of treatment from American Airlines.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Avoid this airport"

Trip Verified | Avoid this airport. Baggage delivery took 45 minutes, not enough toilets, toilets dirty or broken. The security check is extremely inefficient. The staff are unpleasant. Terrible experience.

"avoid Frankfurt airport"

Trip Verified | Lufthansa flight from BHX was delayed so 45 minute transit to Prague flight looked unlikely. LH drove us to the correct terminal where we queued at security channel B3. An excessively zealous security official was taking everything out of a rucksack while happily chatting to the passenger concerned. Other security staff members were hanging about doing nothing. My rucksack was sidelined into the manual check zone and another security lady checked my passport. some 15-20 minutes later I was getting seriously irked by the pathetically slow pace and expressed myself in loud but non perjorative English. Realising I had missed my connection I let a Teacher with a party of students jump the queue but not before said jobsworth security man had made a song and dance about it and wasted even more time. The lady who had read my passport then started haranguing me in German despite knowing I was English. I was not appreciative of this. She called her supervisor who hot stroppy in English and then a Policeman who was great. Allowing control freaks and chip-on-the shoulder jobsworths run airport security is nonsense. My wife had 2 x 30ml bottles of foundation and was told she shouldn't have them and was then allowed to keep them. Are they allowed or not? Make your mind up. This was confirmation, if it were needed, to avoid Frankfurt airport. Yes, I did try to comlain through official channels and the Fraport website wants to sell me food, airtickets and parking but can you find the complaints procedure? Of course not! Now my 16.35 flight has changed to a 21.45 flight. Lovely! I get to spend an extra 4 hours in this tearoom from Mars.
Date VisitJune 2018

"airport has really deteriorated"

Not Verified | Frankfurt airport has really deteriorated in terms of service and usability. Immigration was especially bad today, 8 July 2018. The staff were extremely unhelpful. This was despite being told that our flight was in 30 minutes and the queue extremely long. We were told to just wait! Well, we waited and waited until another staff member told us to go to a further passport control (by the way, we did ask if there was another passport control and were told to wait). We still didn't make our plane because the plane had left the gate before the departure time stated (another story) but if we were given clearer instructions at the first passport queue, we would have made the plane with time to spare. Not all the staff were bad, the last officer was very helpful but it was too late for us. The signage was not very good, we deplaned, the signs pointed us to go up, to a closed section and we had to go downstairs again. The officer there could have given directions rather than stand there. I felt bad for the families with kids, being dragged around.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"very nearly missed the connection"

Trip Verified | KBP-FRA-DTW. Travel agent assured me 1 hour 40 minutes was "ample." Here's a blow-by-blow description of how I very nearly missed the connection: 1) I printed out KBP-FRA and FRA-DTW boarding passes on Viking cruise ship. 2) Flight from KBP arrived exactly on time. 3) Some German policeman boarded the plane and required everyone to show a passport to get off it. Very silly - no one could have boarded the plane in Kiev without a passport. Did he fear we threw our passports out the airplane windows? This delayed each passenger by only 10 seconds, but the cumulative delay was large. 4) Slow bus ride to the terminal. 5) Walk long distance to get near concourse Z, from which flights to US leave. 6) An arrow points up, either by a mountainous staircase (need rope, ice ax, crampons, and oxygen tank for ascent) or an escalator. The staircase is roped off. The escalator is running fine - empty! Some guard won't let anyone get on it. Crowd of about 300. I wailed loudly that I was in danger of missing a connection, multiple people in crowd nicely let me "take cuts" near the front. Finally the guard relented and let us get on the escalator. Go to concourse Z. 7) Lufthansa required us to check in (show boarding pass and passport) to proceed to security. Huge crowd. Repeat appeal to move to front, again successfully. 8) Passed through security with little trouble (much more efficient and courteous than TSA). 9) Lufthansa required us to check in (show boarding pass and passport) to proceed to gate. Huge crowd. Repeat appeal to move to front, again successfully. Yes, this step is an exact duplicate of step 7. 10) Arrive panting at gate. 11) Very fortunately, boarding delayed by 20 minutes (plane left 20 minutes late and arrived at DTW on time).

"personnel very unprofessional"

Not Verified | Had to travel in and out of this airport, after United Airlines messed up our connecting flights from Newark to Barcelona. First, my husband is a handicap person, they isolated us from the beginning, and I had to ask them if the airport was always that empty, because we were literally alone with the personnel in an office. They were so slow, we lost our flight and had to wait in that awful airport for 5 hours. Not to mention when we had to go through customs another nightmare, personnel very unprofessional, they didn't speak English or Spanish, they were yelling in their language, we didn't understand what was happening, since we didn't have any problems in the USA with our carry on bags. Poor escort man, was telling them to please speak to us in English, but none of the 2 custom persons knew English. After losing 1/2 hour there, trying to understand them, they told us to go back and check our bag in. The gentleman that escorted me back there, told me that I was not in the US. My husband had to wait for me, in the wheelchair, behind an armed police officer who was treating us as criminals, just because we were carrying more than 4 ziplocs bags with our liquids for 21 day vacation time, with 1.7 ounces. Same we used every year to travel. Make sure your Airport are equipped with professional Custom's employees and that they are able to speak a universal language, which is English. Hope that I never have to go through this airport and experience again.

"awful airport"

Trip Verified | All of the previous reviews have said what I would say about this awful airport. I would like to add, do these comments reach the airport director? Does he or she care? Is anyone doing anything about the lack of personnel, shuttles, wheelchairs to handle the volume of passengers? I am sure Lufthansa pays landing fees why are passengers coming off planes loaded into buses to the terminal? Our experience was so bad my husband had to use his oxygen because of the long distance to the terminal. Yes we requested a non existing shuttle or wheelchair paid for business class, 1 hour 20 min connection & that's how long it took to reach the gate with 5 min to spare.

"huge queuing lines"

Trip Verified | They promote the German organization and efficiency, but Frankfurt Airport seems to have been forgotten. What a mess! Huge queuing lines, only one or two agents for boarding passes scans, no information desks, rude personnel. This is a third-rate airport! Please do yourself a favor, never transit here! Or at least have like 4 or 5 hours between flights. Some people was almost crying because they were about to miss their connection due to slow procedures. Germany at its worst!

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Trip Verified | We were in transit from Croatia to Mumbai via Frankfurt and landed in Terminal 1B. It took us 90 minutes from the time we landed till we reached our connecting gate C15 of Terminal 1. The connecting train kept announcing the destination as Terminal 2. After leaving a few trains we decided to just hop on and voila! it stopped at Terminal 1C! Surprise! Then Security just took forever. It seemed as they were working in slow motion. Same person scanning and then physically inspecting while everyone patiently waited. We were appalled to find there was almost no shopping, only one kiosk cafe service cold fast food trash, non functional charging stations and only one toilet with long queue. It seemed worse than a no frills terminal. Out of 4 hours of layover, we spent 1.5 in reaching our gate and rest twiddling our thumbs. Did not know Frankfurt was such a bad airport. Quite a poor impression of German hospitality.