Frankfurt Main Airport

"security was worse"

Not Verified | Worst airport on Earth. Passport control was idiotic. The line was completely through the terminal. Passengers cutting in line. Agent had no logical thought. Security was worse. The agent couldn’t even figure out that a stroller wouldn’t fit. They get annoyed if you don’t speak German. Then you get to the gate clearance which has 1 agent. Next stand and wait for bus. If I ever come back here I know I will have been sent to hell.
Date VisitJune 2018

"long waiting time at security check"

Trip Verified | Very long waiting time at economy class security check. None of the staff care. Made the flight only on the last minute because my wife was one check earlier and made the boarding staff wait.

"inefficient, rude, uninformative"

Trip Verified | Security at this airport is appalling. Inefficient, rude, uninformative. I am a seasoned international traveler and know the rules. My bags were chosen for secondary security. This meant that everything was removed from both bags and put into trays. No careful looking at items, no unzipping of bags. She then stepped away, leaving me to reload my belongings. Completely unnecessary. If at all possible, avoid this airport. Munich and Amsterdam are much better and more efficient ports of entry and exit.
Date VisitJune 2018

"plagued by regular strikes"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | This airport is plagued by regular strikes of Lufthansa Staff, airport employees and employees of public transportation. Plus there is a limitation to take off after 11pm so if your flight is at night and is delayed, you might have to overnight in Frankfurt!

"Worst experience ever!"

Not Verified | Employees that work here are the worst, unfriendly, not willing to help, extremely rude! For this reason I would never visit Frankfurt and will avoid this airport at all times. Worst experience ever!
Date VisitMay 2018

"consistently terrible on all accounts"

Trip Verified | What a terrible airport and Lufthansa is the worst at this airport - at least for those for us coming from the US. We flew in and out of Frankfurt on LH twice the past year, each time Lufthansa was late and then with many of us needing swift action to make connections we park somewhere near France and wait for buses instead of being docked at a gate. You would think with both our flights being hours late and having spent over 9 hours inbound they could at least plan for the buses and have them ready, no way, another 1/2 hour plus waiting for the first bus to show-up. Then re-booking was a nightmare (because we all did miss our connections) and the Lufthansa service agent told us we could not rebook in the Lufthansa lounge and wait time in the packed service area was over 2 hours. The snide, rude, Lufthansa agent handing out numbers for rebooking claimed we had to wait there for our number - and I asked him three times nicely. Turns out the automatic machines would rebook as would the lounge - was he on some kind of power play? Then they changed the gate three times in 1 hour with the changes at opposite ends of the airport. About 1/4 of the moving walkways were being repaired as we ran back and forth. In the USA they say "friends don't let friends fly LAX", as a heavy traveler for business and pleasure I now appreciate LAX and its service people are a paragon of virtue compared to Frankfurt and its service people. If I could give negative numbers on some of the ratings I would - again - this is not one experience but two in the last 9 months and each consistently terrible on all accounts. Try to use any other airport but this one - my few experiences with Munich have been good in contrast.
Date VisitApril 2018

"It’s a bit claustrophobic"

Trip Verified | First time at Frankfurt Main airport. Clean but old airport and needs renovation, a long bus ride from the plane to the terminal upon arrival and a very long walk to the gate upon departure. It’s a bit claustrophobic with very low ceiling. Extremely confusing check in system with self service airport staff not the friendliest. Extremely long and slow security check took me almost 90 minutes which made me run to my flight and didn’t have time to walk around and discover the airport.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Airport is seriously understaffed"

Not Verified | Frankfurt Airport is seriously understaffed. Normal are security lines of 45 min and this is not an exception but the norm. They need to double their staff and effort to be half competitive with other airports. Why pay an airport fee for such an inadequate service?
Date VisitMay 2018

"such a rude airport staff"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I have been passing baggage inspections hundreds times, but I did not encountered such a rude airport staff of Frankfurt airport. Usually, people communicate by speaking. However the staff twisted my arm to take tissue paper in my hand without suggesting by speaking any words although I spoke them some questions in English. Actually, we worry about the missing flight because of the troubles in baggage inspection.
Date VisitMay 2018

"worst airport Security System"

Trip Verified | The worst airport Security System in Europe - inefficiency of the setup and not friendly staff. Therefore unable to access the food court or duty free.