Vote Now

Frankfurt Main Airport

"everything there was easy and went very quick"

Verified Review | Knowing that it is a big airport, I had tried to be there in time. But then everything there was easy and went very quickly. The airport is well connected to the city and to all of Germany as the trains stop directly at the airport. The way to the check in was easy to find and after few minutes I had checked in. Finding the way to the gate was very easy, too. Just follow the signs to the Terminal 1-A,B,C,Z or 2-D,E and then to the number of your gate. I don't know, how someone can have problems with that. I had so much time left that I decided to explore the airport a bit more and I went to visit other terminals even from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 and back, never had problems finding the way. I'm looking forward to fly via FRA again.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"good luck finding a bathroom here"

Verified Review | Good luck finding a bathroom here and even better luck finding one you don't have to wait in line for. There are about 3 (2 person) restrooms for 20 gates - what a joke. The smoking lounge however is bigger than all of the bathrooms combined! Way to go Germany!
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"decided to avoid Frankfurt"

At gate C14-C16 Frankfurt airport there was no water on tap. Security wants you to dump the bottle which you are carrying. In such cases, airport should provide water on tap. I had to purchase a half litre bottle, for $5 USD, which translates to INR 700 for one litre of water. The shops was happily collecting $5 USD against an item of Euro 3.67. - There was no other option except this single café/bar. We also found that temperature was low in the waiting halls outside the gates. Some more heating (for sub-zero temperature outside), would have helped. We have decided to avoid Frankfurt Airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"I really like it"

(Italy)

Verified Review | I often transit through Frankfurt Main airport and I really like it. Even though it is very big, terminal signs and directions are extremely clear and the terminals are really clean. Moreover, there are many nice shops and restaurants where passengers can easily spend their layover.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"no one even wanted to help"

(Botswana)

I flew into Frankfurt airport with a 5 month old baby. The baby change rooms were well organized and clean. The only issue I have is there was no place to clean baby bottles and to get clean hot water to make baby milk. I asked the cleaners, no help. I asked in the shops, no help. I asked the VIP lounges, no help. Absolutely horrible. No one even wanted to help. Only at the police station did a kind officer give me a cup of hot water. On our trip to Canada I flew through 3 other airports, at every place people were kind and went out of their way to help a little baby with just hot water to wash the bottles and make fresh milk.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"do not provide small trolleys"

Everything in the airport is fine as far as I know, apart from one thing. They do not provide small trolleys as some other airports do for long walks with hand luggage. We arrived from Copenhagen (where they do provide small trolleys) and had to walk from one extreme end of Frankfurt airport to the other, with only just over one hour between flights, so there was not enough time to just stand on the moving walkway or we would have missed our flight to Toulouse. Unfortunately I do not have wheels on my hand luggage so I had to carry it and I am suffering from tendinitis in my shoulder. I hope the airport management sees this complaint, as I was unable to find a place on their website to give a review.

"fly via Munich instead"

Transit at Frankfurt Main from a domestic flight to non-Schengen flight. As always a hassle. Arriving outside the terminal, need to take the train to main terminal and the train arrives outside security area, therefore a second security check after long walk. I had 90 minutes time between flights and this really makes you stressed in Frankfurt. If you fly Lufthansa fly via Munich instead of Frankfurt whenever possible.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"passport control was a breeze"

Frankfurt Airport is a very clean and well organized. Staff are friendly and kind. The bathrooms are clean and the marble flooring is nice. The airport is well laid out and lines are short - passport control was a breeze.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"airport is not as expected"

(Romania)

Verified Review | I used Frankfurt Main Airport twice in September for connection flights to Bucharest and Valencia, operated by Lufthansa. For every flight we were bused from and to plane. Long time in buses and long distances to walk in terminal to reach the departure gate. First, for 1.5 hrs. layover, after security I had time only for a cigarette. At return, for 5.5 hrs. layover we decided to visit Frankfurt, so used the train witch connects the airport to city center. Easy to reach, but some issues with signage and ticket vending machines. Back in airport, again queues for security and passport controls. Staff was polite and professional. I found the airport is not as expected for German standards. Smelly toilets, dirty and unventilated smoking lounges, food / drinks not impressive, nothing interesting to shop. Positive thing is the amazing view over the tarmac, lot of wide-body planes here.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"well signed, well equipped"

Verified Review | I have been using the Frankfurt airport for the last 2.5 years with an average frequency of about once per month. The airport is really large, with very long walk distances, not always served by walking belts. I always have to walk between the point of arrival/departure of the Lufthansa bus and the gate of the plane, which I estimate is an average of about 1.5 Km, often running because of delays. This is the one downside of it, but it is not the fault of the airport, but of Lufthansa. Otherwise, the airport is clean, well signed, well equipped, with a very large selection of shops/dinners with not exorbitant prices and you don't have to get out to reach the train station. For me, it is better than most large European hubs, although is it limited to pure functionality, with no luxuriousness at all.
Date VisitOctober 2016