Best Cabin Crew

Frankfurt Main Airport

"long and tricky transit"

(Italy)

Long and tricky transit from Lufthansa to Lufthansa. Following the sign to my departure gate I was directed to an internal train over the roof. This took 5 min to reach the platform and 5 minutes after leaving the train to get down, only 2 minutes later. For this reason very few passenger were following this route and preferred to walk. When leaving the train after maybe 400 meters, I had to walk 1 Km to reach my gate. I thought that connecting with the same airlines would have been quicker and easier.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"security control fast"

Arrived from the city to Terminal 1C, where our check in was. Check in was ok (quite efficient) and the staff were friendly. Our departure gate was on 1B, so we had to walk for quite a long time. The security control was fast and used bodyscanners, which was new at this time. The duty free was big and the prices are ok. The gate (B60) was on ground level so we had to drive by bus to the aircraft. The gate was a bit crowded but I have experiened worse - the gate and the bus were both clean but the gate area was quite dark as there were no proper windows.
Date VisitAugust 2015

"reasonably well signposted"

Allow at least 2 hours connection time if you have to use this airport. High chance of remote stand and then bus to terminal, plus security screening again despite coming from a connecting flight. On the plus side, it is reasonably well signposted, it is spotlessly clean and there is plenty of seating with power points. Wifi pretty good as well.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"no gate number information"

Frankfurt airport is the worst airport I had to travel through. From airplane to arrival gate took 10 mins by bus, then long long walk to find the flight information. But this flight information does not show exact gate number. They only shows which terminal and gate A~Z. I was supposed to go to gate B but there are no gate numbers information anywhere! My ticket also did not show which gate neither. So I asked airport employee and she said my gate is B, but B gate has 1~60!! So you have to ask someone again otherwise you will miss the flight like I did. Then you have to go to security check and immigration.

"bizarre security requirement"

Bizarre requirement by the airport for passengers connecting from Ireland to Hungary to go through baggage security, when transiting between terminals B and A. There was no such requirement travelling from Hungary to Ireland, transiting from terminals A to B. On this occasion, the security lines were empty, so it only added 15 minutes to the transit time. However if the lines had been longer, then I could have missed my flight. On a previous occasion the security staff refused to open any security lines except for fast track (first and business class), which caused a near riot with armed airport police arriving. Difficult to understand the requirement to go through an additional baggage check when transit passengers never leave airside.

"endless walking"

Frankfurt Main Airport is the worst airport I've ever been to. No elevator or escalator when departing from the plane, endless walking to next gate, toilets difficult to find. Horrible is the word I would use to describe it. The internet works well. The staff are not very helpful. Avoid this airport if you can help it.

"layout a bit confusing"

The airport is huge and the layout a bit confusing. But once you follow the right signs, you are fine. That said, there was one area close to the Regional train station which had signs for T1 and T2, but once you got past the doors, it became just T2. That didn't make sense. There was not a lot of amenities in the airport, contrary to what others were saying. Eateries were lacklustre, and the toilets were always crowded and smelly (maybe it's the time of the day I was there - morning). Boarding was a bit chaotic with many overly eager passengers. But the terminal had good views of the tarmac. Wifi was free and good Overall I prefer transiting through LHR in Europe, especially since they renovated many of their terminals. Perhaps FRA just needs an upgrade too.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"endless corridors"

(Israel)

I traveled thru Frankfurt airport and had to connect from Z to C gates. I don't know if I took the shortest route or just got lost because I went through endless corridors and took the train to arrive. I arrived at Frankfurt and planned to take a train 60 minutes later, but the airline took 50 minutes to deliver luggage. The shops I saw are really not interesting for me.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"the whole place is a total mess"

Used this airport as transit point on my return trip from Saint-Petersburg (Russia) to Washington DC, USA. Layover was 4 hours, but I did not have a minute to sit and have some rest because the whole place is a total mess. I was given wrong directions 5 times. Airport staff are rude. It looks like they have no idea about customer service and good manners in general. Toilets at the gates are dirty. Staff at the gates are rude. You will have to wait in line 3 times (to print boarding pass, to get security sticker and to be checked at the gate) before you can leave this place. Never again.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"whole experience was unpleasant"

The transit from Gates B to A was very far. I had only an hour for transit. Despite pre-informing the security of my cough syrup, security personel ended up searching my hand-carry luggage till the last bit and toss back the whole mess to me. I sprinted to Gate A then to find my flight gone, then to be advised by the airlines to exit arrival hall and re-enter from departure hall to ticketing counters booth to get a ticket for a new connecting flight. Then I had to go through security again and dashed to Gates A again. Upon boarding, to my horror, after a total of 3km dash, the gate only led us to a bus that drove for about 2-3km far away before we could get on our flight. No aerobridge. The whole experience was unpleasant. I will avoid this airport as much as possible.
Date VisitOctober 2015