Frankfurt Main Airport

"they are improving some things"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Frankfurt Airport is better, they are improving some things. I went from arriving C to departing A and not bad. No priority line at passport control and no machines also, at least arriving on C and going to A. Passport control over crowded, too many people and confusion, no people to help you and the line was so big that people could not read more than 100 meters before which was the line for European or not, this resulted in more confusion. Officers working there are just as bad as administration since they have an empty booth not working etc.. Train worked perfectly and when you go out of C to A-Z you get a short cut now, you don’t need to go out of the airport, walk those halls and enter again so some improvement there. The airport due to the extremely high movement of people is not that clean, still is not dirty, but far from Munich or Dusseldorf. Now has more noise than previously, they should measure the noise of the airport. Cleaning is there but the fact is (in my case) you will end up siting on a dirty chair in front of the gate, too many people, I suppose. But it works, I don’t recall in the last 3 to 4 years that they have lost one single bag at this airport, the bags always go with me wherever I go, the bags are there in the end, and sometimes we are talking about 35 minutes in between, but the fact is that it all works. Try a transit with 35 minutes in Paris (with bags) and let me know what happens to you.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"did not see a single drinking water fountain"

Verified Review | There is a dearth of drinking water fountains outside the washrooms at this airport. On my arrival in August, I did not see a single drinking water fountain just outside any washroom I used. I finally in desperation drank water from the hand washing fountain in the washroom, as I was not willing to pay 5 Euro for a small plastic bottle with drinking water. On my departure day, I found one lonesome drinking water fountain outside a small washroom at the gate area. All airports in Canada and the US have drinking water fountains (two, one higher and the other lower) outside every single washroom. Please, most travelers arrive dehydrated and deserve a free, reliable source of drinking water. Fountains are needed both before and after security control barriers! Please, lead by example and get rid of those water-filled plastic bottles! Instead, encourage passengers to bring a reusable bottle which they can fill at the fountain. As far as food is concerned, there is an overabundance of wheat / gluten-containing food. What about those travelers with gluten intolerance or even Celiac disease? They can't find anything suitable or would have to throw away more than half of the meal they purchase.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"poor level of service"

Unverified | Had the misfortune to use this airport for first time last week. Despite several attempts to arrange a wheelchair for my wife following a knee injury they attempted to offer us the expensive gate to gate service for our party of 7. No wheelchairs available at arrival gate had we had to walk for 50 minutes from the arrival gate to B destination gate (with wife in great discomfort) - only encountered 1 moving walkway of 50 metres in that time. Similarly only encountered 1 help desk person who was busy loading shuttle between terminals. The poor level of service compares badly with the excellent support and assistance we had encountered in the other legs of our journey at Heathrow, Toronto and Orlando airports. To add to our annoyance overzealous security checker called armed police as my granddaughters asthma pumps were mistaken for 'shells' - quite traumatic for my granddaughter.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"One of the easiest airports to transit through"

Verified Review | One of the easiest airports to transit through. There are multiple signs to indicate which direction you should go. Services in the airport are wonderful. Airport is extremely clean. There are many "forms" of seating available. Some are normal seats, and there are long seats that I slept on. Airport staff are responsive and polite. On the other hand, the security officers are very rude. Since some people in line had drinks in their bags, they got very frustrated. They talked to me in an impolite manner. What is my fault? My bags and everything I had complied with their requirements. Why should the security staff be rude to me just because of someone else? Overall, the airport itself is great, but security staff need to cooperate with people in a more professional way.
Date VisitJune 2017

"A reasonably good airport overall"

Verified Review | A reasonably good airport overall, with helpful staff and all the facilities you would normally expect. However, there were a few downfalls: The majority of the duty free shops are between passport control and security, which means that you have to be careful with the amount of liquids that you buy to avoid having to pour them down the drain before security. The signposting for getting from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 is not very clear - there are not enough signs within terminal 1 itself and it doesn't say whether it is via the SkyLine or the free bus. We ended up using the bus, which was extremely crowded. On the way back we used the SkyLine to get back to Terminal 1, which was less crowded and was easier to find because the signposting within Terminal 2 is more obvious. Food and water is very expensive once you have gone through the security check, though they do give you 0.25 euros back if you return the plastic bottle, which I think is good as it encourages recycling.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"the staff were very slow"

Verified Review | Departure connection nearly half an hour away. Security check is absolutely necessary however if its high season then surly more staff should be made available as well as body scanners. On this occasion the lines were so long and security check has literally 3 staff and one body scanner. People were so angry as they were missing their flights. And without being sarcastic, the staff were very slow.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"People were wildly queuing everywhere"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | We traveled from Terminal 2 on a Long Hawl flight. The airport itself is looking really good, clean and well maintained. However it is obviously too small for the amount of passengers. The departure Hall was very crowded which made it almost impossible to move our luggage cart from the drop-ff to the check-in counter. People were wildly queuing everywhere. There were no dividing ribbons as you normally see in other airports to have a tidy queue. Because of this the queues on both sides reached over the central corridor which made passaging very difficult. There were also only one airport staff around who tried to instruct passengers in the queues. There was a 150m queue for the tax refund declaration. We arrived very early at the airport and waited for 1h and 20minutes in the queue, in order to get the customs stamp which is needed for the tax refund. Apart from these two issues the Airport is quite nice and clean.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"signs and directions are very clear"

Verified Review | Very good airport. Everything was clean, signs and directions are very clear, it is easy to find your way. The big advantage when traveling to/from Germany is the perfect connection with the train network. At the check in directly at the train station there was no queue at all, so it took only five minutes from opening the train doors to leaving the check in counter.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"rude and surprisingly illogical"

(Spain)

Verified Review | On the evening of Saturday, August 19, I came to Frankfurt Airport, from Madrid (Spain), with my girlfriend. We had a connecting flight to Belgrade (Serbia) and we headed to the passport control to access E gate. I am Spanish and I found no issue to pass through the queue for European passports, using the automated passport control. My girlfriend, who is Serbian, however was addressed by the German security personnel. The behaviour of the security staff was rude and surprisingly illogical. One security staff member, after checking the passport quickly (in less than 3 seconds), claimed there was a missing departure stamp of a travel to Budapest. Taking into account that my girlfriend is Serbian and every time she leaves her country her passport is stamped (there are more than 50 stamps now in her passport), and also that many times the security control in some countries only scans the passport and does not provide her with any stamp, I do believe it makes no sense to try to find all matching stamps from a collection of 50 or more. However, what strikes us most was his annoying attitude, the security staff member, more than trying to help her, he forced her to find the departure stamp even though she tried to explain to him repeatedly the reasons why it is so difficult to find that stamp among more than 50 different stamps. She also asked him politely to check the computer database, where for sure it is registered all the required information of the passport, and which seems a more standard method for passport control. He just repeated: "it is not my problem, find it", without no aim to look polite or to check anything in his computer. After more than 10 minutes, with a enormous queue behind her, and my girlfriend on her edge, he allowed her to pass, saying: "It is not my problem Hungary passport control staff are not doing their job, I don't even know why they are still in Europe. They shouldn't be in Europe".
Date VisitAugust 2017

"shame on the management"

Verified Review | I found the airport to be difficult to get around and the staff to be very unhelpful and rude, especially check in and the horrible security staff. I will never fly through Germany again! The airport is the worst I have been to, shame on the management allowing their staff to act so rudely.