Vote Now

Fort Lauderdale Airport

"luggage hall was blocked solid"

Verified Review | When we encountered the revised method of automated immigration at Fort Lauderdale, we shuddered, however this was very efficient and fast. Then we passed though to collect our luggage. Absolute chaos. I waited with our hand luggage while my husband went to retrieve our hold luggage from the carousel. One hour passed, another hour passed and by this time more planes had arrived with passengers crowding in for their luggage. The luggage hall was blocked solid and I found out later the carousel had broken down. The staff varied from very courteous and helpful to downright rude. To treat visitors to USA the way one of the male assistance did was nothing short of abusive. There were many elderly passengers due to join a cruise and many were struggling. Four hours after flights arrived we exited the terminal, completely stressed through not being able to join up with our travelling companions. Then outside to get our shuttle was equally chaotic. Not a pleasant experience and would completely put us off using this airport again.. Note this was nothing to do with immigration system as that went well, the failure was luggage collection. Bad experience altogether.
Date VisitApril 2017

"1.5 hours waiting to get off aircraft"

Verified Review | Second time in 6 weeks I have flown to Fort Lauderdale from London - terrible. This is not an international airport. They just can't accommodate, last month it was 1.5 hours waiting to get off aircraft, customs painfully slow, then to find the baggage still hadn't been unloading. Tonight I'm sitting here on the plane for 45 minutes awaiting a bus - total rubbish.
Date VisitApril 2017

"dreadfulness for different reasons"

Verified Review | I had a domestic departure after a cruise from Fort Lauderdale airport. My experience echoes others' in dreadfulness but for different reasons. First, at curbside, there were no Smarte Cartes - we had to drive to the next terminal where there were still none although a sheriff's deputy went in the terminal and located an abandoned one. So then I got to push it fully loaded back up the hill outside in the heat to my original terminal. And at the departure lounges, there are 4 outlets apiece on the concrete pillars - 11 outlets for 3 departure lounges. Airport management here is either clueless, incompetent or just don't give a damn about users. Avoid this airport.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"they need to build more facilities"

Verified Review | There is only one restroom in terminal C. Every time I fly through this airport the bathroom is packed. They need to build more facilities. Eliminate the United Club if you need more room. They also need to add partitions between the urinals.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"no respect of all of their customers"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | This is the worst airport to arrive at. No respect of all of their customers. We had to wait for more than two hours getting the permission to embark the plane on January 10th, 2017. Getting into the terminal - the immigration control took nearly two hours as well. We didn't catch our connecting flight to Europe. We had to purchase new tickets for the next day costing us a fortune. The same experience we had one week before. That time we waited 1½ hour at the plane, and were cuing for more than one hour at the immigration control. Never - never again!
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"touchdown to leaving the terminal - 5 hours"

In common with many other reviewers we found international arrival at Fort Lauderdale a dreadful experience. Flew in ahead of schedule from London Gatwick on Norwegian 18/12/16. Kept on the plane two hours before being allowed to disembark. Many conflicting reports from the embarrassed captain about why we were waiting but looking at earlier reviews the crew must have known what the reason was. Then 3 hours in snaking queues to clear immigration. Only at best one third of the immigration stations were manned. So from touchdown to leaving the terminal - 5 hours. I would have been dangerous from exhaustion behind a car steering wheel. Comfortably the worst arrival experience I've ever had anywhere and I've been flying regularly internationally since 1964.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"TSA staff were very slow"

Verified Review | Horrible departure experience at FLL. TSA staff were very slow. We had to go through additional screening for an 8 ounce bottle of mouthwash and a box of lemon heads. The TSA checker couldn't explain why the items were flagged. Then our flight was delayed for 1 hour for some unexplained reason.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"avoid until they have built their new terminal"

Avoid Fort Lauderdale airport until 2018 if you arriving from outside the USA. The airport is not equipped to handle the amount of flights for international arrivals. It's a disgrace to the USA and to the wonderful city of Fort Lauderdale. Be prepared for long waits on arrival unless you have global entry and hand luggage only. Avoid until 2018 when they have built their new terminal.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"worse than any other airport in the world"

Verified Review | Has very limited staff. Awful service, I had to go to 3 different lines and it took me and all 300 peolple in the same lines 2 hours to be able to clear through customs. Worse than any other airport in the world. Unbelievable the amount of time to be able to get into the country. I am a USA citizen and still had to go thought this aggravation.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"should avoid at all costs"

I've been through this terminal multiple times and it never gets any better. This was by far the worst experience. The TSA are beyond rude and condescending. One officer shouts at you to stop moving while the other is shouting for you to keep moving with your bag or you'll be fined (untrue). Today a young woman and her family were instructed to wait behind the line at the metal detector. After ten minutes of not moving the scanning line forward they began arguing with her she wasn't following directions and was causing the problems with the line. When she told the officer that was where they told her to wait he again shouted at her to get in the real line forcing her and others back into the line they had already waited over twenty minutes to get through. Pilots and staff barrel through the airport shouting "move to the right!" And I personally had my feet run over twice in line by their luggage. When I dared to say something I was given a condescending comment and the TSA told me to pay attention better attention to mysepf. Bottom line, the TSA and staff has serious authority issues at this airport and you should avoid at all costs!
Date VisitOctober 2016