Fort Lauderdale Airport

"not a family friendly airport"

Unverified | It is hotter inside Fort Lauderdale airport than outside. There is only 2 places to get food for you family. This is not and I repeat not a family friendly airport. When you get to the gates the areas are extremely crowded and limited amount of seats. They should be paying us to fly in and out of this airport.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"no bathroom facilities for 4 legged friends"

Unverified | I was a passenger on a Jetblue flight to Boston. The flight was originally scheduled to leave FLL at 4:06 p. m., arriving at Boston Logan shortly after 7:00 p.m. However, inclement weather in the NY/NJ area caused what turned out to be a four hour + delay. Although an inconvenience, I understand that these things happen. Traveling with me was my eight pound Yorkshire Terrier. She travels in a Jetblue crate, and sits under the seat in front of me. She is considered one of my carry ons, and the charge for her is $100.00 each way. What I do not understand, however, is why there is nowhere within the terminal for dogs to relieve themselves? During my delay, I was forced to take my dog outside a total of three times, and go through security a total of three times! I feel this is unacceptable, and, with more and more people flying with dogs/cats, cannot fathom why there is no bathroom facilities provided for our four legged friends. Believe that a "hydrant" area has recently opened in terminal one, and feel the same facilities should be provided in each of the FLL terminals.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"avoiding this airport indefinitely"

Verified Review | Fort Lauderdale airport is by far the worst I have ever been in. Baggage claim area is a joke. There were about 500 people in a cramped area with 2 area to get your luggage. Asking for assistance by their employees was a joke. They were extremely rude and discourteous. 2 hours to get through customs. Customs agents were rude. Everyone seems unhappy to work there. We arrived 20 mins early at 4:20 and was not finished through customs until a little after 6pm and our next flight begins boarding at 6:30. I will be willing to pay more money for better service and treatment. Therefore, I will be avoiding this airport indefinitely.
Date VisitJune 2017

"force people to take the bus"

Seems the Fort Lauderdale airport officials want to force people to take the bus when moving among the different terminals since there are very few signs directing those who wish to walk. To encourage walking it would be helpful to have signs indicating the path and the approximate walking time. Example, 'This way to Terminal 1', 'Walking time 14 minutes'. Or you may choose to take the bus.
Date VisitJune 2017

"luggage hall was blocked solid"

Verified Review | When we encountered the revised method of automated immigration at Fort Lauderdale, we shuddered, however this was very efficient and fast. Then we passed though to collect our luggage. Absolute chaos. I waited with our hand luggage while my husband went to retrieve our hold luggage from the carousel. One hour passed, another hour passed and by this time more planes had arrived with passengers crowding in for their luggage. The luggage hall was blocked solid and I found out later the carousel had broken down. The staff varied from very courteous and helpful to downright rude. To treat visitors to USA the way one of the male assistance did was nothing short of abusive. There were many elderly passengers due to join a cruise and many were struggling. Four hours after flights arrived we exited the terminal, completely stressed through not being able to join up with our travelling companions. Then outside to get our shuttle was equally chaotic. Not a pleasant experience and would completely put us off using this airport again.. Note this was nothing to do with immigration system as that went well, the failure was luggage collection. Bad experience altogether.
Date VisitApril 2017

"1.5 hours waiting to get off aircraft"

Verified Review | Second time in 6 weeks I have flown to Fort Lauderdale from London - terrible. This is not an international airport. They just can't accommodate, last month it was 1.5 hours waiting to get off aircraft, customs painfully slow, then to find the baggage still hadn't been unloading. Tonight I'm sitting here on the plane for 45 minutes awaiting a bus - total rubbish.
Date VisitApril 2017

"dreadfulness for different reasons"

Verified Review | I had a domestic departure after a cruise from Fort Lauderdale airport. My experience echoes others' in dreadfulness but for different reasons. First, at curbside, there were no Smarte Cartes - we had to drive to the next terminal where there were still none although a sheriff's deputy went in the terminal and located an abandoned one. So then I got to push it fully loaded back up the hill outside in the heat to my original terminal. And at the departure lounges, there are 4 outlets apiece on the concrete pillars - 11 outlets for 3 departure lounges. Airport management here is either clueless, incompetent or just don't give a damn about users. Avoid this airport.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"they need to build more facilities"

Verified Review | There is only one restroom in terminal C. Every time I fly through this airport the bathroom is packed. They need to build more facilities. Eliminate the United Club if you need more room. They also need to add partitions between the urinals.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"no respect of all of their customers"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | This is the worst airport to arrive at. No respect of all of their customers. We had to wait for more than two hours getting the permission to embark the plane on January 10th, 2017. Getting into the terminal - the immigration control took nearly two hours as well. We didn't catch our connecting flight to Europe. We had to purchase new tickets for the next day costing us a fortune. The same experience we had one week before. That time we waited 1½ hour at the plane, and were cuing for more than one hour at the immigration control. Never - never again!
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"touchdown to leaving the terminal - 5 hours"

In common with many other reviewers we found international arrival at Fort Lauderdale a dreadful experience. Flew in ahead of schedule from London Gatwick on Norwegian 18/12/16. Kept on the plane two hours before being allowed to disembark. Many conflicting reports from the embarrassed captain about why we were waiting but looking at earlier reviews the crew must have known what the reason was. Then 3 hours in snaking queues to clear immigration. Only at best one third of the immigration stations were manned. So from touchdown to leaving the terminal - 5 hours. I would have been dangerous from exhaustion behind a car steering wheel. Comfortably the worst arrival experience I've ever had anywhere and I've been flying regularly internationally since 1964.
Date VisitDecember 2016