Top 100 Airlines

Fort Lauderdale Airport

"CBP lines are huge"

Fort Lauderdale is probably the worst US airport for International arrivals. CBP lines are huge and when you pass it and get to customs you realize that CBP lines were not so bad. Very, very slow - if you are getting a connection flight, add at least 3 hours for the layover and hopefully you will make it.
Date VisitMay 2016

"staff less than helpful"

Staff at Fort Lauderdale were less than helpful. Had to change planes and terminals. TSA at the gate when leaving the terminal were rude and not helpful. Gave bad information for the little information given - how can TSA not know the airport? Had to leave the airport and get on a bus to move to the departing terminal (I learned this through trial and error on my own). Driver of bus never announced which terminal he was advancing to. The whole process felt anything but secure. I'm hoping my connecting flight is on time, but I'm not feeling confident about that after reading other reviews. Avoid.
Date VisitMay 2016

"avoid this parking if possible"

The worst designed parking I have ever experienced, cannot understand how a design as terrible as this airport's parking layout was even approved. Today I walked more than 30 minutes after my arrival trying just to get inside the parking garage, finally found a very helpful Broward sheriff who walked with me to my car. That is how bad it is, you need to find help just to get into a parking garage that is located in front of the terminal. This was my first and probably my last time I use this airport. No wonder they spend money on tv and radio ads selling how "convenient and easy" it is to park there, they should invest that money in fixing or rebuilding that horrible parking, it is much worse than parking at the Miami airport which is a lot to say. Avoid this parking if possible.
Date VisitApril 2016

"whole airport is outdated"

This airport is definitely the worst airport I've ever been to. I landed in terminal 3 on a JetBlue flight and had a connecting flight in terminal 1 on a Silver Airways flight. Expecting an inter-terminal tram I asked a TSA officer where I would get it and was informed that I would have to go outside and either walk or get the bus. This required me to go though security again. The whole airport is outdated and needs a serious makeover and restructuring. While everyone was very helpful if I would of had a shorter layover there would have been some serious issues.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"would give a 0/10 if I could"

My mother and I travel frequently and we had a layover in Fort Lauderdale before reaching Cancun, Mexico. We also had a layover here on our way back home to Tampa, Florida. The people that work there are so rude. It gets worse every year, but this year it prompted me to write this review because some of the workers made me really upset. Before I begin, I do understand that the workers have a job to do and that they have to take it seriously because it is an airport. However, they do not need to be disrespectful in any way to get the job done. As we were going through security, an old man, in his 80s, could barely speak English. They put him through hell at security. I felt so bad for how disrespectful one of the security guards was towards this man. They made this man walk through the machine at least 8 times and it kept beeping. One of the male security guards became very irritated and started to roll his eyes and murmur things under his breath. He then raised his voice at the man, which, keep in mind, did absolutely nothing wrong. I don't understand why they didn't just pat him down instead of keep making him go through the machine over and over and over again. On our way back home, we had to go through Border Customs. We had bought items in Mexico's airport from the Duty-Free shop. This is where they bag everything specially so that you can take it on board the plane with you. The border customs officer was rude to my mother and I. We asked a million times how many cartons of cigarettes we could take and how many bottles of alcohol even though we went in June of 2015 and the customs officers told us everything we had was fine and the correct amount. We were told 2 cartons of cigarettes per adult and 3 bottles per adult, which in June is what we had. This customs officer told us that we were wrong, and it was 1 carton of cigarettes per adult and only 1 bottle of liquor per adult. He then began to lecture us on how he's been here for years and he knows the rules. He told us we would be charged $10 per item that we brought "illegally". Then said he would, "let it slide this time". I do not appreciate being told different things by different workers at the same airport and being talked to like I'm incoherent. I showed utmost respect to this officer and he still gave me an attitude and tried to argue with me. I was very tempted to begin yelling but I made the decision not to and will never return to that airport ever again. I wish I could've gotten the officers name because I was disappointed with him. All I ask for is respect in return. Not to mention the food/dining was horrible. Every airport has a Starbucks, this one didn't. My flight was delayed and I needed coffee to keep me awake, but could not find any okay coffee place. I would give a 0/10 if I could.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"terrible layout, terrible service"

When arriving here our flight could barely deplane because of the crowds and chaos inside the terminal. When we went to depart they wouldn't let us check-in our luggage for 6 hours, when they finally allowed us to check in for our flight, TSA informed us that we still had another hour wait prior to getting through security because the terminal was too crowded. None of the individuals we encountered were polite, friendly or helpful. Additionally, the food choices are limited-especially when you can't wait in the terminal. Terrible layout, terrible service, worst travel experience ever. Save yourself some trouble and fly out of another airport if possible. We certainly will next time.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"airport waiting times keep increasing"

I don't even want to complain about the old airport, and dirty carpets. What I am complaining is a real issue, in the last 2 years (maybe even more) the airport waiting times keep increasing, no matter the airline or even the hour that you travel there is always a delay, not a 15 min delay, this is a minimum of one hour. The planes never have a free gate to go to. Always have to wait for ever to be able to get a gate, then you go into a line at Immigration and customs because they never have enough staff to handle the amount of travellers. This is a embarrassment.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"an embarrassment to the US"

I have been using this airport only when I cannot fly out of West Palm Beach. For the last five years I don't think I have had one half decent experience. This airport is an embarrassment to the US. Quite possibly the worst. I mean come on, Fort Lauderdale is a tourist haven, a great place to visit and vacation and its an embarrassment. Firstly, the parking is awful. Every time I have flown out of this mess I have had trouble parking. Even to the point where I have tried remote parking several times which is actually a relief believe it or not, but time consuming. Today I followed the sign into the economy parking which actually puts you into the exit route. I was not the only one who did this so having toured the huge parking garage twice I finally somehow ended up in Valet parking but I was not supposed to be there. So 35 minutes later I finally find a parking spot. The new green light red light parking spot indicator does not work at all. So having found the elevator to see level 4 elevator is actually level 3 parking garage and then when you get out at the terminal departure level you have to walk up a set of stairs to get on the overpass to the terminal. Who designs a garage that does not have an elevator that stops on the floor for the main overpass to the terminal. I am really looking forward to flying back in on Sunday to go through this all again in reverse. Fort Lauderdale do something about this. Secondly, the services, restaurants and bars in the terminals are dire. The AC does not seem to work properly.
Date VisitOctober 2015

Fort Lauderdale Airport customer review

Terminal H is horrible. Very little food selection. Once through security there is only access to minimal facilities. Only a few outlets for charging phones - many don't work! Generally, too many passengers and too busy in the terminal.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Fort Lauderdale Airport customer review

We flew with Air Canada to Ottawa. There is no Lounge access for Status Customer and/or BC Traveler. Departure was on time. Boarding were earlier than announced. Security check was fast but unfriendly.