Fort Lauderdale Airport

"This was the worst airport"

Not Verified | This was the worst airport I have ever been in. We landed in terminal 1 at gate C and realized we needed to go to gate E. We didn’t see that on any of the signs so we asked people at the help desk. They told us they had no idea what or where that was! After googling it ourselves, we realized we had to go outside to terminal 3 and leave the airport, this meant that to make our connecting flight we had to go outside and re-enter the airport and again go through security! This was for a domestic flight! I have never heard of such a thing and I have traveled in the US fairly often. This led to a huge line and we almost missed our next flight. There was also no outside bus that we saw that would take us between terminals (we waited where it said to). We had to drag and carry our luggage in the heat. Everyone we encountered seemed rude or had no idea how to answer our questions! I will never fly though here again and that is saying something because a lot of airports are busier and less convenient. Terrible!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"not fly through FLL again."

Not Verified | My husband and I have traveled all over the world and this is the first airport/entry in which all the travelers wait at the same line, regardless of the passport your holding and if you have a visa or not. All other countries have a line for local citizens. Where is the loyalty? First, we had to wait to be deplaned because the customs area was full. We then had to wait after passing the jet-way on the hallway. We were then allowed to go downstairs where the "fun" began. Have you visited Walt Disney World? Well the lines were just like that. One "maze" to get to the automated machines. Then another "maze" that eventually will take you behind the machines, around the room and surprised, another room full of mazes. TWO HOURS later we were able to get our luggage. The whole process shouldn't take more than 15 minutes, but like most government jobs, nobody seemed to care. I really feel sorry for the folks that will be traveling during the holidays. I will not fly through FLL ever again.
Date VisitJune 2018

"airport is extremely disappointing"

Not Verified | This airport is extremely disappointing. For an airport serving such often visited cities and known for hospitality and services, this airport is extremely disappointing in terms of ambience, facilities and services. It needs upgrading and perhaps even overhauling. I travel through frequently and frankly I dread having to use this airport. I do not believe that the authorities are taking feedback seriously. I am a priority club holder, sometimes with long wait time and there is no lounge in terminal 3 where many flights originate and arrive. What kind of airport is this? Please open a hospitality lounge in Terminal three. It is badly, sorely needed.
Date VisitJune 2018

"terrible experience"

Not Verified | Terrible experience. TSA had to tell people if they were precheck or not (even though most competent people should know). Then the TSA agent proceeded to open a new line for precheck where the back of the line got moved to the front. The guard who was looking at my ticket needed to make sure I stayed behind the line even though I was with the man in front of me. The Cucina & Co hostess was very rude. When I asked for a cup of coffee she made me get up and walk down to the register to pay, cream, sugar, etc instead of providing customer service by bringing those to me. Will avoid this airpo at all costs.
Date VisitMay 2018

"it is always a terrible experience"

Not Verified | I have flown out of this airport plenty enough times and it is always a terrible experience. The employees are so rude. Yesterday I was supposed to fly out and my mobile ticket wasn't scanning. The employee had me behind the desk using the other scanner by myself. I don't know how to use it and she just kept screaming at me to leave the long security line I just waited in to go stand in an even longer line to get a printed ticket. She never once even tried to help me to make sure I was doing it right. Needless to say I missed my birthday trip to see my family. I was so upset and after talking to several people outside this airport has an awful reputation. I will pay the extra money to fly out of West Palm. The people at FLL do not care about your experience. Everyone I tried to talk to (and I was being very polite) either ignored me or told me "I don't know".
Date VisitMay 2018

"by far the worst airport experience"

(Panama)

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport I have ever been through! I have travelled in many developing countries and been to over 30 countries. This is by far the worst airport experience I have had. It took 3 hours to get through arrivals, the staff were pretty unfriendly and they stressed a lot of people out, especially people that had transits. If you have any other option I would arrive at a different airport. Departure was fine but lack of food after 9.00pm is pretty unusual for an airport in a developed country. As a side note this is the first negative review I have ever left for an airport.
Date VisitMay 2018

"never use this airport again"

Not Verified | I flew on a Thursday, believing it would be easier than dealing with the airport on a weekend. I'm sure it was but that didn't mean this was a pleasant experience. It just meant there were less employees on duty. Getting off the plane, we were led to believe we were going to baggage, then customs. Surprise! We had to wait behind 150 or so people to use the kiosks, devices created by Satan himself. Why kiosks? We already filled this information out on our customs papers and our photos are on our passports! The woman in charge sent me to the wrong kiosk where I was asked where I came from. Was she kidding? No. That only took 30 minutes. No big whoop. Next: customs and another huge line. Only 2 counters were open! The customs guy was having a great time chatting it up with passengers and taking his time. Good for him, bad for someone who is about to miss a flight. Next was baggage, where I waited about 10 minutes before being told our carousel had been changed. I waited another 10 minutes when, a staff member finally told me another employee across the way had my bag. Why? I don't know. At the airline counter the representative wanted to know how I was doing. I'm surprised she isn't afraid to ask that question. Then it was on to the TSA. Again, employees asking how you are. Please. The food selections are pitiful. One floor had a Starbucks, a pretzel store and a giant bar. It my be an alcoholic's dream but, no good for anyone looking for something resembling a meal. I will never use this airport again. If it's the only choice, I will go to another island instead.

"Seating is horrible"

Trip Verified | No accommodations for guests that are having long stay overs. Seating is horrible the area for cell phone charging and plug-in doesn't work half the time. And all announcements over the PA system are extremely loud.
Date VisitApril 2018

"worst airport we have ever used"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport we have ever used. After a nine hour flight we were told that there were no buses available. We were left in the aircraft for thirty five minutes. When eventually we were bused to the terminal we saw at least four buses parked up at the perimeter. On entering the building we queued for twenty five minutes for the automatic passport readers, we then walked a distance and had to queue again for a further fifty minutes to go through immigration again this time a manned one. There are numerous desks here but sadly only four were operational, this is shameful to treat people this way. There was a female member of staff walking up and down acting as though she was some sort of principal teacher smirking at the line of passengers and then having a conversation with the immigration people from time to time. She seemed to find the whole thing humorous. I doubt very much that any American citizens would stand for this kind of treatment arriving in a British airport - appalling! Having now spent one hour fifty minutes we arrived at baggage reclaim to find that our luggage hadn't been offloaded! We then waited as per the instruction board for an hour at carousel Number three. Finally our luggage was found going around on carousel number two!, To summarise this airport this airport is not fit for purpose. It is totally degrading to treat fare paying passengers in this manner. Management and staff would do well to remember who keeps them employed!
Date VisitApril 2018

"shameful way to treat passengers"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | The very worst experience in terms of queuing for both accepting passengers into terminal (we had to stay in the airplane for more than half hour), but even worse for passport/security check, which took more than 90 minutes standing in long lines. After traveling from 10 hours standing up for the long security wait felt like a real health hazard. I think it is a shameful way to treat passengers.
Date VisitJanuary 2018