Top 100 Airlines

Exeter Airport

"appalling service"

Under breath sarcastic comments made by 2 security staff at Exeter Airport, as a result of leaving a phone by mistake in a pocket. The guard in charge of the scanner repeated the question 'are all your pockets empty' behind my back sarcastically, the guard holding the hand scanner answered 'no but my head is' whilst I was being scanned. Appalling service. I fly from this airport every week. 26th April at 08.30.
Date VisitApril 2016

"miserable and unhelpful staff"

Could not check in online or using machines at the airport. Really miserable and unhelpful staff - it's a shame it's our local airport, if it wasn't I would never go there again. We had a child with us, lots of luggage but still had to go and put our pushchair and baby seat in the oversize baggage further down the airport - the helpful attendant didn't even offer to help.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"food at the airport is a big rip off"

Exeter airport is a small airport with a couple of international flights a day but mainly national flights as it is the home of flybe. The airport has 4 gates, a few checkins and 5 shops. The food at the airport is (we make) but it is a big rip off. They wanted £5.00 for a pasty. We all waited at the gate until we were called then we walked over to the plane and got onboard.
Date VisitAugust 2015

"security spacious with helpful and pleasant staff"

(South Africa)

Small airport - easy to access. Not easily able to drop off passengers without using the car park and incurring a fee. Check in simple and security spacious with helpful and pleasant staff. Small lounge with food outlets. Good announcements and spacious gate waiting area. Walk to planes.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"this was dreadful service"

I was offered advice at duty free that if I wanted to purchase any fragrance and collect it on my return this would be a very easy process - it wasn't! I arrived back late to Exeter, to then run around to the main entrance trying to locate someone who could then find the item. I was told it wasn't where it should be and they would have to post it to me. This was dreadful service, and if they can't organise purchases to be picked up easily they should not be offering it. This was a gift for someone, and so returning home without the gift was very disappointing. I'm waiting on a call from them, but my advice would be do not get trapped in to the idea that it is an easy system.
Date VisitOctober 2015

Exeter Airport customer review

Departed from Exeter on the 17 August 2015 for family holiday to Spain. I would rate this experience as 8 out of 10. We arrived back 7 days later. I would rate the arrival experience as 2 out of 10. The arrival facilities were shockingly inadequate. My family and many other passengers were made to queue in the rain while waiting for border control. Once in the airport, it was like going back 30 years. I was under the impression this airport had spent millions on its facilities. Would rather fly from Bristol in future.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Exeter Airport customer review

Very bad experience at this airport - stuck there for over 6 hours with no airport internet working and numerous flights delayed with large numbers of people wishing to get online. The airport seems to lack management and shows no interest in retaining the good will of customers - definitely will not be going back.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Exeter Airport customer review

Visited Exeter Airport last week and was very impressed with the new Executive Lounge location with views across the runway more variety of food drink and work stations for the Business traveller. Altogether a very relaxing start to our holiday.

Exeter Airport customer review

Airport fails to measure up. It is a great facility but when you get to the details it falls way short. Parking is a disaster and very expensive. The business lounge is ok (ish) but unless you have sixth sense and register before security you can't use it! If the airport is to cater for business passengers it will need to up its game.

Exeter Airport customer review

I really dislike this airport. Ripping passengers off by charging them £1 for a plastic bag at security. At many other airports this is done at no extra charge. Parking is a shambles. Passenger areas are mediocre poorly heated overpriced - had no morning newspaper at 1100 in the morning.