Top 100 Airlines

Exeter Airport

"facilities are very poor"

This is certainly one of the worst UK airports I have experienced. It happens to be close to our home, which is the only reason why we use it. The facilities are very poor and seem to consist of a series of portable style buildings. Passengers walking to and from aircraft are open to the elements. The airport cannot cope with more than one arrival or departure at the same time. We landed on a flight from Ibiza but could not de-plane until a flight to Edinburgh had loaded. Then we had to wait sometime in a narrow corridor before clearing passport control. Then there were further delays awaiting baggage and an even longer one whilst the children's buggies arrived. Overall it took more than an hour to de-plane and clear arrivals. This for an airport that only handles a few flights a day. This airport desperately needs some heavy investment. It will struggle to attract new airlines and passengers in its current state. Most people from this region use Bristol, and who can blame them.
Date VisitMay 2016

"clean tidy but very sparse"

Went to see someone off at Exeter airport. Place was clean tidy but very sparse, expensive and gives you the feeling of being on a single strip village runway take off point. Staff were friendly, I found security a little condescending in the treatment of my partner (treated like a child at initial bag check) but after this, the rest if the security staff were on the ball, very polite and thorough. Overall it just needs a little but of an identity transformation and not just a travel point like bus station.
Date VisitMay 2016

"security was also a breeze"

Travelled to Gran Canaria from Exeter earlier in the year. Check-in was quick as we were just dropping bags, very pleasant staff. Security was also a breeze as there were plenty of staff. Lounge is comfortable and relaxing. Departure gate. There are only the four gates so you cant exactly get lost! Short walk out to the aircraft and away we go. Arrivals. A bit more of a walk to a rather small Immigration and then just the one baggage belt to get your bags. Its a lot more pleasant than the large metropolitan airports, almost like stepping back in time, but if Im being honest its time it had some investmet to bring it into the 21st century. I guess that would mean a new terminal and I dont know if the present owners wish to committ that sort of money.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"appalling service"

Under breath sarcastic comments made by 2 security staff at Exeter Airport, as a result of leaving a phone by mistake in a pocket. The guard in charge of the scanner repeated the question 'are all your pockets empty' behind my back sarcastically, the guard holding the hand scanner answered 'no but my head is' whilst I was being scanned. Appalling service. I fly from this airport every week. 26th April at 08.30.
Date VisitApril 2016

"miserable and unhelpful staff"

Could not check in online or using machines at the airport. Really miserable and unhelpful staff - it's a shame it's our local airport, if it wasn't I would never go there again. We had a child with us, lots of luggage but still had to go and put our pushchair and baby seat in the oversize baggage further down the airport - the helpful attendant didn't even offer to help.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"food at the airport is a big rip off"

Exeter airport is a small airport with a couple of international flights a day but mainly national flights as it is the home of flybe. The airport has 4 gates, a few checkins and 5 shops. The food at the airport is (we make) but it is a big rip off. They wanted £5.00 for a pasty. We all waited at the gate until we were called then we walked over to the plane and got onboard.
Date VisitAugust 2015

"security spacious with helpful and pleasant staff"

(South Africa)

Small airport - easy to access. Not easily able to drop off passengers without using the car park and incurring a fee. Check in simple and security spacious with helpful and pleasant staff. Small lounge with food outlets. Good announcements and spacious gate waiting area. Walk to planes.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"this was dreadful service"

I was offered advice at duty free that if I wanted to purchase any fragrance and collect it on my return this would be a very easy process - it wasn't! I arrived back late to Exeter, to then run around to the main entrance trying to locate someone who could then find the item. I was told it wasn't where it should be and they would have to post it to me. This was dreadful service, and if they can't organise purchases to be picked up easily they should not be offering it. This was a gift for someone, and so returning home without the gift was very disappointing. I'm waiting on a call from them, but my advice would be do not get trapped in to the idea that it is an easy system.
Date VisitOctober 2015

Exeter Airport customer review

Departed from Exeter on the 17 August 2015 for family holiday to Spain. I would rate this experience as 8 out of 10. We arrived back 7 days later. I would rate the arrival experience as 2 out of 10. The arrival facilities were shockingly inadequate. My family and many other passengers were made to queue in the rain while waiting for border control. Once in the airport, it was like going back 30 years. I was under the impression this airport had spent millions on its facilities. Would rather fly from Bristol in future.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Exeter Airport customer review

Very bad experience at this airport - stuck there for over 6 hours with no airport internet working and numerous flights delayed with large numbers of people wishing to get online. The airport seems to lack management and shows no interest in retaining the good will of customers - definitely will not be going back.
Date VisitJuly 2015