Vote Now

Edinburgh Airport

"Total embarrassment to Scotland"

Absolutely terrible airport. Calls itself international when it can't even let passengers off a plane from a 6.45am international flight from Abu Dhabi. No buses, not ready for us. Disgraceful. Total embarrassment to Scotland. Took 40 mins to let us off.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"going through security is a disaster"

Going through security is a disaster! E tickets wouldn't scan to allow passengers into the security area which resulted in queues building up. Once you're into the security area several queues join into one so everyone pushes in front of you. There was one member of staff as far as I could see who was dealing with the situation. There was a girl in front of me who had a ticket that wouldn't scan and the member of staff asked her if she had scanned her e ticket already, she said she had and another passenger had pushed in front of her and gone into the security area. I found that slightly alarming. The stupid system of large trays that the x-ray machine can't cope with quickly enough causes more backlog. It's shambolic. All in all by the time we got to the departure gate with 5 mins to spare I was hot, sweaty, stressed and wished I had just got in the car and driven to East Midlands instead of flying.

"It was very poor"

Verified Review | Arrived into Edinburgh and herded onto a bus which took us to the terminal. We arrived and we're left on the bus unable to exit as we watched a member of ground staff prepare the way ahead for us to enter the building. We were left for over 5 minutes. It was very poor. Felt like a cow at Market. No information from the bus driver etc. Surely this preparation could be done ahead as you know when the flight arrives!
Date VisitApril 2017

"shocked by this experience"

Security is like a cattle market! So disorganised and staff rude. Twice while going through the security we were spoken to in an unprofessional manner and twice sworn at, albeit not directly at us but we clearly heard what was said on the 2 occasions as we were not sure of what we could/couldn't get through as we had a baby. Myself and my daughter were shocked by this experience. Staff certainly need some training in customer relations.
Date VisitApril 2017

"security well organized and efficient"

Verified Review | For an airport of its size, I am quite pleased with what Edinburgh has to offer and the destinations it has. The security checkpoints are well organized and very efficient and I can arrive and get past security in less than 10 minutes on a good day. There are two lounge options to choose from. I quite enjoy the Aspire lounge.

"chaotic and unorganised"

Verified Review | Massive queues at security, security personnel rude and unfriendly, not helpful at all. Chat with acquaintances, instead of serving customers, chaotic and unorganised. Almost missed plane because of the whole mess, airport is clearly too small for the amount of passengers. Used to love flying from Edinburgh, not anymore.

"getting worse"

Verified Review | Getting worse for early morning flights. Can't cope with the passenger volumes and queues are very long. You are likely to miss your flight going through security. Used to be brilliant but getting worse weekly as I travel most weeks and can see a visible difference. If things don't change on early flights through security will mean passengers will avoid if they can.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"luggage took over 50 minutes to appear"

Verified Review | Arrived on Austrian Air flight from Innsbruck at 9.30am. No other flights were in arrivals to collect baggage. As when we used this flight in January, the luggage took over 50 minutes to appear after we had gone through passport control. The skis appeared first then the indicator board said delivery completed when about half the passengers were still waiting for luggage to appear. One employee said it was nothing to do with him. Another passenger used a phone beside the luggage belt to try to get help from somebody! and eventually we got our baggage. For this to happen once, if difficulties arise, is understandable but this looks like an on-going serious problem. What impression must this make on visitors to our country?
Date VisitMarch 2017

"I am so grateful for their help"

Verified Review | Returned to Stansted from Edinburgh today. Whilst going through Security I lost my fitbit band (it was a gift from my grandchildren so very precious to me) the staff on aisle 3 were so kind and quickly checked the trays they assured me that if the band was not found before my flight they would send it on to me. I am so grateful for their help and their help and speedy return of my property.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"What has gone wrong?"

Verified Review | As a regular user of Edinburgh Airport. I returned on Tuesday after a holiday which involved several internal flights in Myanmar, and visits to Singapore and Bali, I returned on the first flight of the day arriving from Abu Dhabi and, in comparison with even the most modest of the airports I have used I was instantly aware of the third world quality of the facilities. Entry to the airport is through a succession of grubby ill maintained corridors, The seats in baggage reclaim are worn out, and there must be no,excuse for dirty toilets at this time of the day. I have noticed the lack of cleanliness before but assumed this was due to pressure of use, but surely cleaning is undertaken over night. It is humiliating for a local to know that visitors arrive at such a poorly maintained and third rate airport. Can anything be done about it? Surely at least cleanliness should be a priority? What has gone wrong?
Date VisitFebruary 2017