Top 100 Airlines

Edinburgh Airport

"toilet was a disgrace"

I just want to say that when I arrived at Edinburgh Airport in the early hours, I had to use the first toilet you come to after you leave the aircraft. The condition of, and smell in this toilet was a disgrace and does not present an appealing impression of Scotland. I was told by a female passenger that the ladies were also disgusting.

"has quickly deteriorated"

Verified Review | Edinburgh used to be a great airport - now pretty much the worst, most frustrating in the UK. This has quickly deteriorated in the last couple of years and I've held back from moaning but had enough. Arrived BA from LCY at 1920. Plenty of gates but parked at remote stand yet again. Then bussed to the far far far end of the terminal adjacent to where the trams go from. Resulting in a ten minute walk back to arrivals. For frequent travellers of which there are many on this route this is very frustrating given the available gates. Too much effort to tow the plane off stand overnight? Too much effort seems to sum this place up. It's forgotten it's an airport which is meant to serve customers rather than vice versa .
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"always terribly hot there"

It is always terribly hot there, even in winter. I have never felt comfortable at Edinburgh Airport. The worst is when you need to wait for the airplane crew to let you get on the plane, you are just standing with other people in a long corridor waiting and sweating.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"appalled at the lack of organisation"

I am appalled at the lack of organisation of Edinburgh Airport, I arrived from Athens on Saturday 10th September at almost midnight due to delayed easyJet flight. On arrival we stood in the aircraft for 35 minutes because no airport staff were available to allow exit from plane, I might add that this is the third time this year I have experienced this shambles. On eventually exiting the aircraft I had to wait a further 30 minutes to retrieve my luggage. Many passengers were completely frustrated at the lack of anyone trying to help the situation, there is now no customer service at what used to be a first class airport. This airport now is an utter disgrace and it is an embarrassment to all wishing to welcome people from around the world.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"a one hour wait for baggage"

Here we go again, a one hour wait for baggage. Again the over paid executives of the service provider don't give a damn about this continuing under resourced problem. Absolutely pathetic. People with kids, pensioners, etc. They don't care about anyone here and it's left to the local overworked staff to carry the can. I presume the bosses don't read these things. My true rating is zero, the minimum is a one.
Date VisitJune 2016

"continue to provide poor service"

Verified Review | The ground staff at Edinburgh Airport continue to provide poor service. First, they couldn't line up the steps with the front plane door. We had to wait at least 25 minutes to exit the plane from the rear steps only. Passport control was efficient and fast, as always, but baggage handling continues to be absolutely terrible. We had to wait a further 30 minutes for our bags meaning that from parking the plane at the gate to leaving the Terminal took around an hour. Going through Security is much improved on the way out but on returning home my heart always sinks at the prospect of having to wait for baggage.

"it has deteriorated"

Verified Review | I have ben using this Airport for many years for work and leisure purposes And sadly it has deteriorated over the past ten years. The only improvement to my mind has been the Tram Terminal which enables one to travel in relative uncrowned comfort. The check-in area is appalling. Overcrowded, nowhere to sit and lack of signage makes it a very stressful area. The self check-in posts are a trap for the unwary as nobody explains that one should not tear off the tear-0ff passenger bag identity tag, resulting in confused passengers having to queue up again to check in at the counter. The Monitors are inadequate and unclear as one Monitor carries information for both Terminal 1 and 2 with obvious confusing results. I checked In at 15.30 for a 18.10 Ryanair flight to London and went through Security with the usual panicked staff barking orders. When the gate was announced we made our way to Gate 1k via the one very unclear information post, and as soon as we arrived an announcement was made to the effect that our gate had been changed to Gate 20 therefore we all turned around and headed back. No member of ground crew was ever seen until we left. We then noticed enroute that the new departure time was 21.45. No announcement was made and no explanation given at any time. After one hour we were given a miserly £3.50 Voucher which enabled me to buy a small container of fruit And then sat with all the food outlets closing at 20.00 In Freezing cold conditions. My extra layers were all checked in and the Lounge was full of delayed passengers looking cold and hungry. We were called to Gate 20 at 20.30 and called into line where most passengers stood patiently for at least 20 minutes As the disembarking passengers were still on the plane. The metal benches and the freezing conditions made it another uncomfortable wait. Why do you need Air-con when the outsize temperatures hover around 11 degrees? We eventually took off at 22.10 and the only apology we received was from Ryanair crew. I eventually made it home to London at 01.45.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"area is totally inadequate"

The current international arrival hall and baggage collection area is totally inadequate. Three Border guards on duty at 2.15 pm. No electronic systems available. Three ladies toilet cubicles and two for gentlemen, crazy. One baggage reclaim carousel which was not working when we arrived. No PA system to advise passengers what was wrong and, more importantly, when is was likely to be fixed. To add insult to injury there were no taxis available to allow escape from this nightmare. All in all from the time we landed to departing the airport it took us 1 hour and 40 minutes until we manage to get away from the Airport. Please get the operators to confirm this is a temporary system, if it is not then the word is going to get out to the world "don't bother visiting Scotland via Edinburgh".
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"time for major improvements"

First visit to Edinburgh airport en route to Prague and first with budget airline Easyjet. My unacceptable experience relates to the security staff. I was embarrassed being Scottish and wondering what the many visitors to our country must think of us. The attitude and rudeness was totally unacceptable. I was not impressed with the new Edinburgh Airport in line with other airports visited and a poor reflection on our capital city. I travel from Glasgow Airport several times a year and my experience of the airport and the staff is so different from my Edinburgh visit that lessons could be learned. Shame on you Edinburgh, time for major improvements.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"disgraceful treatment of a passenger"

Delayed by an hour missing a vital connection at London Gatwick and why? Because a poor disabled passenger was stuck on board the inbound aircraft and Edinburgh Airport failed to provide passenger assistance to help him/her disembark. We stood at the gate for an hour, the delay mounting and mounting, while easyJet staff searched in vain for someone to offload the final passenger, and when we finally made it onto the plane, the pilots sounded as irritated with the situation as we were feeling. Disgraceful treatment of a passenger with special needs, and several of my fellow passengers down to London were also upset at missing connecting flights, buses, trains, etc. Oh, and the departure lounge and toilets are rarely cleaned. I'll fly from Glasgow next time.