Best Cabin Crew

Dusseldorf Airport

"facilities and bathrooms are clean"

DUS International is the third biggest airport in Germany and overall a good one. I used the airport for commuting between DUS-ZRH-DUS every weekend for a whole year and I have to say that it is one of the most efficient airports I have traveled with. Facilities and bathrooms are clean, the Skytrain (brings you from the airport trainstation to terminal A/B and C) is just beautifully efficient and the distances in between terminals are short. I used to arrive 45min before my flight went off at Terminal A (Lufthansa and 4U exclusive) and I always had plenty of time to get trough security. At Terminal B and C however you need to calculate with more spare time, the security lanes are fewer and staff is reduced. WiFi is available via a known provider but is limited to only 30min of free time, after that you have to pay very high rates to stay connected.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"against expectations I caught my train"

Last night I flew from Nürnberg to Düsseldorf with Germanwings. According to schedule I had 50 mins to reach the train. However, the plane was 30 min late, so I entered the building with just 15 min left. The luggage came very fast, within a few minutes. Then I hurried to the airport shuttle, which brought me to the train station in 5 minutes, so against my expectations I caught my train. Compliments to Düsseldorf Airport for the efficiency and great service.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"there was not enough staff working"

I frequently travel from DUS airport. Both on leisure and on business trips. In general traveling from DUS is rather pleasant. It is not as large as FRA, which usually allows you to quickly arrive at your gate. However, this time was different. The line to pass the security check was enormous. It seemed to me, that there was not enough staff working, because not all x-rays were operating although it was rush hour and holiday season. It took us almost half an hour to pass the security, even though we were already accessing the priority security check.
Date VisitOctober 2015

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

Airport is ok, good transport links to cities. Minus marks for the pre-flight 'security' screening Area C - the queues are poorly managed, large volume of passengers are funneled into an area not designed for the traffic, leave plenty of time to get through this ordeal. The hall is not air conditioned (25c+), the queues are not orderly adding to an already stressful situation. Düsseldorf Airport uses Naked Scanners. I found this demeaning, there were children, elderly and the rest of us all subject to this unnecessary procedure. While the staff were polite and generally efficient.
Date VisitJuly 2015

(Thailand)

As I have family in the region I have used the airport at least 30 times within the last 20 years. Comparing to Frankfurt this airport does not cut it for me. Coming in by train with heavy luggage many times the moving staircase at the station did not work which in course caused 50 or more people waiting to use the only elevator available to get to the sky train station finally bringing you to the actual airport. No baggage carts available at the station nor other than in Frankfurt check in facilities right at the station. 5 or 6 times the sky train did not work and substitute transport by bus was arranged. Again a real hassle if you travel with heavy luggage. First spot to find a luggage cart is only to be found after the moving staircase down at the actual airport and that only if you walk out of the airport and pay 2 euros. Hence while also in FRA you have to pay for luggage carts it does not reflect any international standard. One repeating deficiency is the security personnel (not Federal Police but private contractors) after immigration. While immigration is very professional fast and friendly the security staff are while obviously effective very unfriendly in their with no doubts not easy job. I do not expect any entertainment or similar while passing security but the words please and thank you are considered basic respect and education. I have to point out that I have never been directly offended or treated unfair by any means but it very much looks like the contracted security company does not even require a basic education for their staff and hires out of the long unemployment lines just about anyone with a clean police record regardless of ability to deal with the public and/or paying passengers.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

Dusseldorf is a nice airport that is in a convenient location from where I was staying in Dusseldorf. I flew from New York to Dusseldorf and was greeted by a very cheery customs agent. I was one of the only people on my flight who was not a citizen of the European Union so the agent seemed happy to have someone to talk to. The terminal area was nice and spacious. They had duty free shops that sold everything and some small cafes. The gate areas were small though especially for the international flights. This airport had a lot of signs to direct everyone. Some of the staff got annoyed when they had to speak in English instead of German though.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

I recently flew from Dublin to Dusseldorf and was very upset with the rudeness of the security staff in the airport. The beeper went when I walked through so I needed to have my shoes (which I had been told not to remove) and feet checked etc. This was no problem whatsoever with me except that the security guard refused to speak one word of English so I had no idea what she meant. However the language barrier was not the problem. She was abrupt and rude throughout the whole procedure. When she had finished checking my shoes and feet she stood up folded her arms and stared away in the distance. Wary of leaving without "permission" I stood up and asked clearly "Is it ok to go?" (unfortunately I don't speak German but this has never been a problem before). In reply the security guard turned her head away and completely ignored me! I have taken approximately 10 flights a year for the past five years and I have never experienced such rudeness. I cannot find any facility for customer complaint on the Dusseldorf Airport website.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

30 January. First time I've taken an outbound flight from D'dorf although I've arrived here in the past. Fortunately we arrived with over two hours to spare because it took forever to get through security. No good reason other than the staff were very slow and prioritised chatting with each other to processing passengers. We were there the day after they'd been on strike (pay dispute) and it certainly looked like they were still on go- slow. Apart from that you're forced to walk through shops to get to the gates but that's the case at many airports these days. It felt crowded with inadequate seating but we were there at peak time (Friday evening). What was worrying was that our plane was delayed because passengers (who had arrived at the airport in good time) were stuck in the security queue - there was no system for pulling people out and prioritising them if their flight was due to leave. D'Dorf seriously needs to sort this out. I probably will fly from this airport again because it's about the only German airport I can fly to Leeds Bradford from but I won't look forward to the experience and if there's an alternative I'll take it.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

If you take the train it counts as a local ticket however to my understanding when you get to the "station' you have to buy a new ticket to take the sky train to the actual terminals. Know your terminal before you get on (just look at the departure boards in the skytrain area). Staff were the usual German indifferent place was clean and I didn't find it crowded. Took about 5 min to get through security and everything was on time.

(Luxembourg)

Airport is ok security is a travesty terminal B lanes only 1 gate open at noon 120 min line up to get through. 35 minutes. If I had a shop behind security I would go crazy with the customers being put on hold before the gates outright stupid in every conceivable way.