Dusseldorf Airport

"Extremely negative attitude"

Unverified | Understaffed and staff have terrible attitudes. We were taken to the passport gates instead of the transit area although we were transit passengers. Staff were far from being helpful while we needed their help. Extremely negative attitude and they lost our luggage.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"treat passengers like cattle"

Unverified | Shortage of security staff is not a reason to hire blunt and ill educated people who treat passengers like cattle. This morning November 10th at around 6.00 am during the security checking I had the very unpleasant feeling to be checking in into a jail. I wanted to take a picture of the place where it happened but of course I was caught by one of the gorillas in uniform there and therefore I cannot add a picture to this review.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"they need more staff"

Verified Review | Usually I like Dusseldorf airport however this time the queing times really dissapointed me. The airport is clean and signs are available everywhere. Also the selection of shops and food is big. However the queuing time at the passport control was terrible, they need more staff. Otherwise I like the airport!
Date VisitNovember 2017

"airport is so badly organised"

Verified Review | Terrible airport. The airport is so badly organised that there is no transit possible. Instead you have to go out, queue for security again. This way everything that you bought at departure does not go through security and you need to throw away, losing money. I guess this is a profitable way for Dusseldorf airport to make people buy at their duty free instead. Staff were not understanding at all.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"extremely long waiting times"

Verified Review | Security check in with extremely long waiting times. 4 out of 7 security lanes / gates were not staffed. The few staff that did work were slow on purpose in protest of not being fully staffed. I recommend to be at the airport at least 1.5 hours before the gate closes.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Awful waiting times and disorganized"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Awful waiting times and disorganized. The waiting times are so long that if you have to check-in luggage you may miss your flight even if you are one of the first people checking luggage! They do not accept luggage earlier! Plus the staff are giving wrong advice and do not care at all. I took me 2.5hrs to go through security and I missed my flight as a result. There are lots of temporary signs/lines and directions which are even more confusing.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"it now has lost a lot of its appeal"

Verified Review | While DUS used to be one of the better regional airports in Germany, it now has lost a lot of its appeal since Lufthansa has shifted flights to their low-cost subsidiary Eurowings/Germanwings and also added new destinations. Terminal A is just not laid out to deal with the number of flights now operating from there and feels totally cramped, with no quiet corner to be found. The same is true for the Senator (Star Alliance Gold) lounge that is always super busy. Adding to this, the airport is struggling this summer with long waiting times for security control - up to one hour is not unheard of now. Apparently, the contractor, Koester, can not provide enough personnel. This led to the airport also closing the fast-lane. The airport and airlines provide very little information. So beware! And such a shame.

"extremely long queues"

Unverified | This was our first (and will be our only) visit to Dusseldorf airport. It was a nightmare. There were extremely long queues at security and, as a result, we would have missed our connecting flight if the plane's departure had not been severely delayed. To make matters worse, all but two of the several airport staff we spoke to (requesting directions or advice) were dismissive of our problem, and unhelpful. One person overseeing a queue told me that the cause of the chaos was a lack of staff and, yes, that we would miss our connection. He appeared to be unconcerned that passengers using the airport should miss their connecting flights due to inadequate staffing. We will not be using this airport again.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"nothing major to report for this airport"

Verified Review | September, 11th. The queuing time for the security control was crazy. After 1 hour in the queue I arrived at the gate when the plane was supposed to take off. Someone scanned my boarding pass an hour before but nothing was done to delay the flight for even 10 minutes. Therefore I missed my flight and at least 2 other people too. I received no information from my flight company that it was such a mess. Otherwise, nothing major to report for this airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"it was a rude and uncomfortable experience"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Long and slow security check lines, no priority line for business class passengers available. Poor English language skills on security staff, felt it was a rude and uncomfortable experience. Also finding a toilet is challenging with poor signage. Bag delivery from my inbound flight was also slow, waiting over 15 min after arriving at the bag collection belt.