Dublin Airport

"one of the nicest Terminals"

Verified Review | Terminal 2 in Dublin is one of the nicest Terminals I have been to. Termial 2 is really new and modern. The queing times were very short and the staff were friendly. Everywhere are signs however the walking distances are quite long. The airport offers a wide selection of duty free shops and food. However I was there in the morning and it was quite cold inside the building. Otherwise the airport is excellent.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"it was so upsetting"

Unverified | Vast majority of the staff were excellent. The exception to this were the two ladies working in the baggage scanning / extra baggage check for US pre-clearance, who were extremely rude. Treated us like we were idiots, spoke condescendingly to us, gave us no time to take all the items they required out of our bags for scanning, threw some of my items out of one container into another and generally behaved appallingly. I couldn't believe how we were treated by them, it was so upsetting. Thankfully it was in stark contrast to the rest of the staff who were great.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"terrible experience"

Unverified | Airport security absolutely terrible. Showed little or no respect for the customers or their property. I witnessed one officer doing explosive checks without asking permission of the owner. My own jacket and coat were eventually returned to me casually piled into the corner of the tray after I had carefully folded them. The whole process was chaotic, uncoordinated and served to raise the stress levels of the customers. As a global traveller I have the pleasure to transit through many airports something I cannot say about T1 Dublin Airport. Thankyou for allowing me to be treated with disrespect, suspicion due to my wife owning make up and being belittled by staff who clearly do not posses the ability to display common courtesy. Terrible experience!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"Baggage inspector was very rude"

Verified Review | Baggage inspector was very rude, unhelpful and arrogant. He denied all cosmetics, dumped them on the table. I explained they were in accordance with regulations for type, size, and quantity, they were new and unopened. He responded "This is not the USA". A previous identical kit was passed without problem by a different inspector during a security check at this airport for Aer Lingus flights in May. I was singled out from my small travel group, who by now were at the plane door. An agent at the plane door asked my friends where I was. When he learned I was being delayed by this particular inspector, he left the plane and started for where I was with this man. My inspector dropped my belongings when he saw the agent approaching and left abruptly. The agent from the plane apologized for the way I was treated. Everyone else at the airport and on the Aer Lingus flight were very welcoming and friendly.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"queue modelling isn’t that hard"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | When the only differences between your flight and customs clearance are: 1. You are longer in the customs clearance than on the plane and 2. The plane has a toilet just in case the guy in charge doesn’t care about customer experience or is incompetent. Queue modelling isn’t that hard.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"security control absolutely unfriendly"

Unverified | The staff at the security control are absolutely unfriendly and talk to the passengers in a negative way in front of all other people. Very unprofessional. I will try to avoid this airport. Everywhere stairs. Very hard for disabled people to search for lifts.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"entire airport is claustrophobic"

Unverified | This airport is to be avoided. It is unfortunate as Dublin is a lovely city, Ireland is a wonderful country, but this airport does not rate anywhere near as high as the city or country. After a lovely 1st class vacation it was ended with a 4th class airport experience. Security screening processes are well behind the times relative to the processes at other worldwide international hubs. Lounge areas at the gates are inadequate for the size of the planes; there were no seats for many people to sit and wait for their flights. Walkways are also packed. The entire airport is claustophobic as there are too many people for the size of the space. Bathrooms were a wreck; lineups for the women's washrooms and 4 of 5 handblowers were broken.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"I had to walk quite a distance"

Verified Review | I have arrived at Terminal 1 in Dublin. What I notice quickly is that I had to walk quite a distance until I arrived at the baggage claim. I have recived my bagage quickly. The Terminal looked quite old and not so modern. However it was really clean and efficient. The immigration desks worked really fast and because a lot were opened there were no delays. Everywhere were signs so I found the exit very quickly and got a taxi. I would say Dublin Airport Terminal 1 is very average.

"security was terrible"

Unverified | I commute weekly to Dublin and use terminal 1 - exceptional service always. Today used terminal 2 and security was terrible. The officer insisted on all passengers removing their liquids from their bags and using one he supplied. I have used the same transparent bag twice weekly for a year. Mine broke and he refused to give me another. All the women in the queue were caught with this causing delays and frustration and the need to throw out liquids that had been legitimately packed. Shabby.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"Clean and relatively modern airport"

(Portugal)

Unverified | Clean and relatively modern airport, and despite being a bit small, it can make use of its space and the queing times aren't that long. It's a shame, though, that the security check was the worst I've ever had in any airport. While some of the security queues progress rapidly, others take a huge amount of time, and the disparity is overwhelming. From my experience, my luggage was sent to a full-luggage check simply by "looking big", and not only did I have to wait over half an hour for it to pass through the machinec twice, I had everything in my cabin luggage rummaged through, taken out of, leaving me to put all the clothes back in. All in all, good airport, but terrible security check experience.