Dublin Airport

"appalling attitude of the security staff"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Being Irish and now having lived abroad for many years, one always looks forward to returning home around three times a year. I have seen Dublin Airport grow and see the volume of people going through the airport over the years but it is plainly clear that the management are unable to grow their mindset to increase facilities. Whilst all terminals are over crowded to the point of being stressful, actually grubby and lack any sense of calm it is the staff that need to be brought into training for customer care. I have noticed any one of them from check in, operations and lets not forget the appalling attitude of the security staff. These security staff are rude, arrogant, appear to work at their own pace. Why is it that it that are unable to identify liquids from solids with personal Hygiene products and you can only fit about two bottles under a 100 ml in one bag, stupidity. I travel about three times a month globally and it only appears to be Dublin that I ever get pulled over for a test along with every other third person,thus creating long queues, re testing your bag leaving you stand there for another 15 minutes as they forget your bag. It is getting worse and is now bordering on a feeling of dread going through it. Shameful and as an Irish person reading these posts, shameful to the Irish peoples true nature of friendliness and kindness. The CEO is clearly out of his depth.
Date VisitJune 2018

"staff very unhelpful and rude"

Trip Verified | I have been to many airports and generally try to find the postives in everything. However, I was unable to do that with my expierence at the airport in Dublin. The staff were very unhelpful and rude. When I approached a staff memeber simply asking her help, she responded by saying “Depends on what you want”. Because she was rude and unhelpful, I tried to take my question to the ticket desk and the man there told me that my problem has nothing at all to do with him. He did not offer any help but went on with his work. While checking in, I found the attendent helping me also rude and unhelpful. She even scolded, unsmiling and without comment, simply pointed to the direction she was suggesting I should go. I was deeply saddened by the encounter with the employees at the Dublin airport. It was my very first time in Dublin and I found that everyone was kind, friendly and helpful with the exception of the staff in the airport.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"we were stuck on the runway"

Not Verified | Flight arrived 30 minutes early but we were stuck on the runway for close to an hour to taxi to gate. Ground handling failed to deliver the entire flight’s baggage - unacceptable.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"staff are rude and unhelpful"

Not Verified | This is absolutely the worst airport I have ever encountered. The staff are rude and unhelpful. I departed in Madrid and arrived in London. All of my liquids were cleared by EU security in Madrid. After arriving in Dublin, we needed to clear customs although we were not leaving the airport, and re-clear security. Even though my liquids were cleared by a different EU member country, Dublin security through out the majority of them. I found all staff members to be extremely rude, with unnecessary beurocratic measures. I am well traveled and this is the absolute worst airport experience I have ever had.

"Service was horrible"

Not Verified | Service was horrible. I spoke to two members of staff, and both responded curtly and rudely to my questions, looking at me like I was crazy. I am still a teenager, was travelling alone and am not an experienced flyer, so naturally navigating the airport was going to be a daunting experience for me no matter what. Their unhelpfulness really set panic into me, after dealing with the lady at the baggage check-in I remained completely unsure as to whether I could bring my suitcase on or not, which remained a source of worry to me right up until my departure. Being inexperienced, how was I to know what would happen to my bag? For all I knew, my bag could not have been accepted on board! When asking a security guard for advice later on, he spoke to me as if I was an animal, telling me facts which he knew to be true, and seemed to assume I would also know, when the reality is, why would I be asking him if I knew already? Both made me feel stupid and annoying, when in reality I asked them one straightforward and reasonable question each, as I assumed that the staff were there to answer my questions. That being said, when handling liquids in the clear bags one lady was very helpful to me, showing me how to make all my liquids fit in one small bag, and she is the only reason that this review is not getting 0 out of 10. Thoroughly disappointed with my experience overall.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"doesn’t reflect the charm of the city"

Not Verified | Extremely long line through customs to get in and then customs official seemed to ask irrelevant questions. It seemed as though they were delaying on purpose. When leaving, found check in at Aer Lingus extremely confusing. They’re trying to do most of it by kiosk and only had 2 people walking around assisting and passengers all trying to get their attention. Kiosk didn’t work for me so had to find someone to help but waited a long time before finding someone who hadn’t already been flagged down by someone else. There was no line, just whoever caught their attention first when they finally finished with the previous person. Once I got to the right place the person answered my questions and was helpful. Found the way to gates to be like a maze with narrow and isolated hallways, whereas the main waiting area was crowded. People working there congregated in walk ways making it difficult to get to gate. Only 6 charging stations that I could find in this area. Seats were cracking and stuffing coming out of them. Dublin is such a charming city. Too bad the airport doesn’t reflect the charm of the city.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Service was absolutely terrible"

Not Verified | Service was absolutely terrible. We weren’t told before arriving that you could only have a small ziplock bag full of liquids so we were forced to throw out most of the liquids that we originally arrived to Dublin from the US with. Security was completely rude and singled us out because they did not check for liquids in the bags of other customers which made us feel completely targeted. They also denied most cosmetic products and considered them “liquids” and I was almost forced to throw some of it away if it didn’t fit into the bag. Security was a complete waste of time and money from having to pick and choose what items to keep and throw away. If you can avoid this airport, do it.
Date VisitJune 2018

"This place is literally a dump"

Not Verified | Airport is disgusting. Roof, floor both old and need replacing, no lighting, seats in food area all ripped, looks like something you find in a developing country. This place is literally a dump. Is there no pride in the appearance.
Date VisitJune 2018

"long walk to collect our bags"

Not Verified | Had a delayed Ryanair flight - again - for an hour leaving Bergamo Italy, finally left at 10:50pm approx. Got to Dublin did the stupidly long walk to collect our bags. When leaving there was a huge queue of people at the gates to get through and I waas wondering why? There were 3 gates going through the green channel but only 1 opened. That was the reason. Can these guys not operate a fairly simple process? Anyway when we get out of the airport and being one of the only airports not to have proper transport links into the city (even during daylight hours transport is a joke) with only taxis available at that time we decided the easiest thing we (Girlfriend, myself and 4yr old child) could do was to walk all the way from the airport to the main road to pick up a taxi to get home. Utter nonsense but you just have to accept it.
Date VisitJune 2018

"Terrible service from the staff"

Not Verified | Got to the airport earlier than normal as I had my young son with me, for a 6am (ish) flight. Seemed to be very busy getting through the first stage of security (baggage screening etc.) but when you eventually got around all the bends you could see that there was not enough staff to open more lanes, but ok still enough time to get a bite to eat and board, or so I thought. One of my 2 bags was selected for closer examination but I couldn't think why but alright I'll see what aroused their interest. Then I and the others were left waiting as a lot of bags were selected and there was only 1 guy doing the extra checks and then he just left without a word. I waited so long that instead of having a bite to eat I was biting my nails as boarding time had already been called. I collared a staff member and asked polietly what was going on only to be told that this was normal procedure. I explained that I had been waiting a long time and my flight was boarding only to be told that it wasn't just about me! I agreed with her and pointed to everyone else waiting and that didn't please her either. If I hadn't have left my passport in the bag (which won't happen again) I would have just left the bag as there wasn't much in it. Eventually I got 'served' and it was for a swab test, much like nearly all of the others, are they joking? But no they were not. Terrible service from the staff there.
Date VisitMay 2018