Dublin Airport

Review by (Ireland) 25th June 2015

Terminal 2 is very modern with plenty of places to eat, particularly before security. The walks are short to the gates in T2 and toilets are modern and clean. Security queue times are relatively short and staff friendly and helpful. Terminal 1 is older and mostly good. There is a lack of places to eat in T1 but a new food market area is apparently opening in August. Walks to the gates in T1 are long compared to T2, particularly for Ryanair flights (Pier 1). Pier 1 is modern and clean but is basic in terms of facilities. The walk to Pier 3 is short but it is old and a bit grotty now. The airport WiFi is the best airport WiFi I've used. You don't need to enter in any details and have unlimited time. There is an abundant supply of taxis at the airport so there rarely be a wait of more than a few minutes.
Date Visit25-06-2015

Review by (Ireland) 21st June 2015

Almost no queue for security, very quick. Good variety of places to eat, and excellent free wifi. Terminal 2 in particular was very modern, and had an open and airy feel to it.
Date Visit21-06-2015

Review by (Ireland) 19th June 2015

Fast, efficient and polite fast track security. Good range of shops, facilities and places to eat.
Date Visit19-06-2015

Review by (Ireland) 15th June 2015

Very nice airport. Located in a very easy to reach area. The signs in the airport are not great. Other than that it is a very decent airport, the queues aren't long and the staff are very helpful. I look forward to coming here next month for my holidays.
Date Visit14-07-2014
Wifi Connectivity N/A

Review by (Ireland) 6th June 2015

Great airport. I booked my flights for the ideal time to get to the airport. I'd say from my experience that you need to get there two hours early check in online and you should be through security and everything in 10-15 minutes. The ideal times I think are from 6am to 9am and also 3pm to 9pm. I have travelled with Aer Lingus many times and their services are great with friendly staff. I really like travelling with Ryanair though because as long as you follow the rules you get a cheap flight and the staff aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be everything is done with urgency and if you don't want any delays they are the best. I found that the airport staff are always happy and talkative and kind. Airport is spotless great facilities but could do with more toilets. Terminal 1 also needs a big makeover/modernisation. Overall I love this airport.

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th June 2015

Arrived at airport at lunch time on 2 June. Departures was busy was through security and airside in 10 minutes. Staff were efficient and courteous and we were not herded like cattle as was my recent experience at Stansted. Well done!

Review by (United States) 1st June 2015

Worse than Disneyland as far as waiting in lines. Was advised to get there early because of pre-customs but then the U.S. Airways desk not even open couldn't get boarding pass. Stood inline for over 40 minutes and then when they did open people I other lines were served first with no thought as to who had been inline first. Security was fairly fast but could airports please post a process list? I don't know if it's shoes on/off or your other rules so don't yell at me when I don't know. The pre-customs area is in some basement room. They weren't open yet no explanation as to why not? We were about 20th in line and by the time they started processing there were several 100 people in line. Despite the fact that we had JUST come through security had to do it all again and with different set of rules and go through that intrusive scanner machine. Then the passport check. Then back up to the gates except couldn't because the door to the stairs/escalator and the lift were locked. Again no explanation had to ask at the coffee kiosk (which wasn't open yet although by now it was after 8am) and was it was all European flights until a certain time. And what can't mix? Finally got up to our gate and only one coffee place with a huge line and not much time before our flight. Since there was no way we could've been through any of the processes any sooner any delay and we would have missed our flight. Guess you just can't fly to the U.S. from Dublin very early. They could certainly use some process improvement and a larger airport would help. With the impending sale of Aer Lingus it's bound to get worse. Will not use Dublin as a hub ever again even though I hate going through Heathrow.

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd May 2015

Over one hour and twenty minutes delays at passport control in Dublin this morning and that was on a flight from London. Rude personnel. I will never use Dublin as my gateway to Ireland again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st May 2015

Terminal 1. Was flying with Ryanair return from BHX a couple of weeks ago. Coming in to Dublin was quick and easy passport control took less than 5 minutes. Going back we were the last flight of the day anyway but then delayed by a further 2 hours making it about midnight before we were airborne. As such we had the Terminal to ourselves no queuing at all and staff at security were very good. Most of the shops had closed by then but from previous experience of Dublin Airport there's a good enough choice. Only complaints really is that it's a bit old and tired here and there ad there's a bit of a walk especially on arrival but nothing too much that bothers me. Overall a good airport.

Review by (United States) 30th April 2015

US pre-clearance was fast and staff were efficient unlike many other airports I have visited. Terminal 2 looks very modern and although big it is easy to navigate. A large variety of cafes and stores were available and the airport was spotless. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit.