Top 100 Airlines

Dublin Airport

"a few unhappy passengers"

Arrived pretty early for our flight but we could not check in for an hour or so which was not a problem as we were expecting a wait. Ryanair staff were very helpful. Facilities at the airpirt were good but as we struggled with our luggage we found a spot in o'haras where the staff serving drinks were really helpful and very pleasant but after sitting with our drink we and about 7 other tables were asked to move as a member of staff said they need to close the area to clean, had to struggle again with 4 cases and no spare hand to pick up drinks etc. Bit of a sham as I'm sure they could of cleaned in stages. A few unhappy passengers.

"literally falling apart"

(Norway)

Dublin Airport Terminal 1 is literally falling apart. Buckets placed around check in desks to catch the rain from the leaking roofs. Toilets are outdated and aren't the freshest. Everything feels very cramped. I have travelled through here a good number of times, and always find myself in a lengthy security queue. This is simply a cost cutting, scrimping measure by DAA, and it makes travelling through miserable. You need to allow plenty of time to clear security and walk a very long distance to the gates. Back to security, the airport needs to work with the security staff to improve their customer service skills. Often they are grumpy and offer poor service. Through security, the gates are quite a walk - even for me in my 30s, it isn't pleasurable. Up by the gates, the shops aren't great and seats are often filled. Shops are quite good - Boots etc but with Irish not UK prices obviously, so a bit more expensive and inferior sandwich offer. Affordable shops compared to most airports. The shops in arrival, before check are also quite good, with a Spar etc. Ireland is a bit of a home to european aviation, and this airport lets the place down. Needs some serious investment. T1 needs to be rebuilt or seriously renovated. I have recommended the airport, but that's because you often don't have any other option when flying to Ireland.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"staff courteous and friendly"

On departure from this airport I was very impressed with the level of service provided to my son when he was checking in his bag. Staff courteous and friendly. At security it was quick and efficient, again staff very friendly. Shopping good and access to restaurants fine. On return the experience was equally good apart from the passport control area. Only 3 desks open and what appeared to be many many flights arriving altogether. Also a set of toilets very near the exit area was closed for cleaning and the the queues were massive. Apart from this I found the whole airport experience excellent.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"clean and easy to get around"

Dublin is a great airport - clean and easy to get around. Security is quick and easy, there are many places to eat and shop. If you are traveling to the US you can use pre-clearance immigration so you do not have to wait in queues when you arrive on a long flight. Would recommend.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"excellent experience at Dublin"

My Boyfriend and I flew from Dublin to Orlando with Aer Lingus on 28th of June. We have flown from there numerous time and Dublin has never failed to impress. We had checked in online and used the new Aer Lingus system and it was simple and queueless. After 5 or so minutes, we headed to security and we went through in roughly 5-10 minutes with no fuss or hassle. We then went through to duty-free and I personally believe there is a quite good choice. We then went to the Aer Lingus Lounge as my boyfriend and I are both Gold circle members, it is quite a good lounge. Promptly afterwards we went to US preclearance in under 10 minutes as per usual. With approx 1 hour till we boarded we took advantage of the cafe and other amenities around the gates and boarded early. Overall it was, as usual, an excellent experience at Dublin airport.
Date VisitJune 2016

"nightmare of security"

I travel between Dublin and Manchester 1-2 times a month to see familly. I have never had such a poor experince in any airport till today. I was booked with Aer Lingus and had a check in bag, arrived one hour 30 minutes before flight. On bank holiday the departures hall was heaving with fellow travellers. Aer Lingus self serve bag tag and drop system was faulty leading to massive queues and more information, after 40 minutes queuing I was able to drop my bag, I had already checked in online and had an electronic pass. Then came the nightmare of security, 1 massive line no different one for closing flights except if you had fast pass which you can't buy at the time. Needless to say I missed my flight as I got to the gate 10 minutes late. At my own cost I rebooted to a later flight and after clearing security in terminal 2 and waiting for gate to be announced in see on the screens it's from terminal 1 so a 10 minute walk it is deceptive to route flights to our earlier terminal to have passe general having to walk between the 2.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"had no idea where to go"

I would avoid this airport. We arrived 3 hours before our 10.00 am flight, but were told to wait a half hour before getting in line. We were shuffled from one station to another, 5 in all. Going up and down escalators and walking through shop areas. We had no idea where to go nor what was ahead. We even went through 2 Security checks. I was told one for Ireland and one for US. (I agree with as much security as possible.) We still did not know our gate and were not sure of our next station. My suggestion would be signage at the first line indicating the number of stations and length of time involved. And, signage for directions along the way. Or, the American Airlines employee could have clued us in so we could have gone to the bathroom first and takes care of our VAT refund. While going through these lines, the airport boards read "Final Call" so we dared not stray. The flight left a half hour late. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Date VisitJuly 2016

"will never use this airport again"

Check in and security was good, I was booked with Ryanair (big mistake), when I got through security and looked at the board there was no information about my flight. Trying to find out which departure gate I had to use was a joke. My wife and I had to walk what seemed like miles, before we found our departure area, there was no indication anywhere as to where we had to go. Heathrow was a piece of cake compared to Dublin, my return to Dublin was not much better. Mind you, using Ryanair did not help. Suffice to say I will never use this airport again.
Date VisitJune 2016

"I saved hours"

I've never used Dublin for long haul before. Very impressed. US pre-clearance is just brilliant. The machines were very user friendly. I saved hours compared to my last trip to the states. My only gripe is that the area after this has few shops and bars and at present, no lounge.
Date VisitMay 2016

"pushed in our wheelchairs in the rain"

Recently traveled home via Dublin Airport as a disabled passenger. On landing there was a storm blowing and rain was pouring, myself and two other passengers were in wheelchairs and we were left on the tarmac with not even a bus to ferry us to the terminal. We were pushed in our wheelchairs in the rain, hardly what you would expect from a so called international airport. Elderly passengers were simply told to mind their step as the steps and the tarmac were quite slippy. I wrote to complain and they said "sorry but we didn't have enough buses", they didn't state that remedial steps were being taken or even considered.
Date VisitApril 2016