Top 100 Airlines

Dubai World Central Airport

"oversized facilities, empty feeling"

(Belgium)

Used DWC to leave Dubai to Doha and beyond to Europe. Airport is a very long drive from Dubai's main hotels, unless you are staying in Dubai Marina or Jebel Ali, but also then a 40 min drive. The airport was virtually empty with only 4 flights leaving between 11pm and 7am. Oversized facilities, empty feeling, restaurant and duty free staff just sitting around and playing on their smartphones. Boarding is with buses from the terminal. Will avoid even if no queues, for me part of the travelling is the "buzz" of an airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"airport is so confusing"

(Philippines)

The airport is so confusing. I almost missed my flight. I had to walk a lot. There was no gate written in my boarding pass for my connecting flight so I had to check the monitor from time to time in order for me to find out the gate I would go to, it was exactly 30 minutes before the flight when the gate finally showed up and I still had to take the bus, and when I arrived to the stop, I had to walk more so I just ran because I was about to miss the flight and arrived to the gate 2 minutes before it had to close.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"shortest ways you can imagine"

Travelling to Dubai can be done in 2 ways. Via the extremly large and crowded DXB airport with its endless ways to walk - or via the quite new Dubai World Central Airport (DWC). There you find the shortest ways you can imagine for an international airport. From the free and empty car-park to the gate it took me some 200m and 10 Minutes - included check-in, security and passport-control. DWC is on the south end of Dubai and, when starting the trip in Jumeirah, Ibn Batuta or Jebel Ali, it is really worth thinking about this option. With outstanding Qatar Airways, you can get everywhere from there via DOH.
Date VisitJune 2016