Top 100 Airlines

Dubai Airport

"depends on the time of the day"

Dubai Airport has been a regular haunt for me over the past couple of years on business for being in transit - it definitely depends on the time of the day whether it is a good experience or a poor one. Early morning between 1am and 4am seems busiest - no seats, long queues for limited amounts of toilets (who builds a massive new terminal and puts toilet facilities along the concourse with only 4/5 cubicles?) and long queues for security. Mostly I find myself running off one flight, barging past people and cutting in the security check queue to actually make it to the connected flight - stressful to say the least, but if you are there lunchtime/early afternoon it can be a very different experience with limited issues and some smiley staff. Emirates provide a great service from the UK so will continue to battle on.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"superb service"

(Portugal)

I had requested 'special assistance' and for both arrival and departure at Dubai Airport and it was immaculately provided. On arrival we were parked off terminal and so an elevated carrier was waiting, took both (my fit wife and myself) on a 15 minute ride to the terminal were another helper was waiting. He took us through first class immigration where, for a change, the immigration officer was smiling and chatty, to baggage reclaim where he insisted on retrieving our cases - "because they are too heavy for you madam" - then pushed me all the way to the car park even though our son was waiting at the terminal. On departure the porter took us to a special check-in very close to the airport entrance where a wheelchair was waiting and again we went through staff / first class immigration and security, again with pleasant smiling staff to a separate lounge, where he even wheeled me round to get a coffee and a sandwich followed by a long walk to the gate, bridge and aircraft door. Superb service to counter some of the complaints about this airport.
Date VisitMay 2016

"with high prices"

(Mauritius)

A big airport, it's not pretty. But the shops are ok, limited variety of products, only few brands, with high prices! Necessaries, not well maintained (rest rooms). And for a "world class" airport, I had to take a bus to go to your plane and walk on steep staircases!
Date VisitMarch 2016

"total indifference from staff"

We are actually paying to use this facility through our airline ticket fees and the overwhelming feeling as a user is that you are not welcome. We can all be impressed with the architectural grandeur but that is best looked at in magazines not in reality as a passenger. Yes, despite all the marble, chrome and lofty glass walls what you get is total indifference from staff (and that includes cafes, airline staff, customer service desks etc) and bus rides to and/or from planes that can no longer get to the terminal (and we are talking 10-15 minutes rides plus additional waiting in queues, standing on buses, climbing stairs outdoors in the heat and dust etc). I can't blame the staff they are just overwhelmed with passengers and understaffed. We used the terminal 3 times this month and it is a place we will be avoiding whatever the cost. Toilets - too few, too small and totally unable to cater for the demand, impossible to use without having to queue for up to 10 minutes for a cubicle, M or F. Attendants cannot keep up with constant cleaning. Local airline kindly provided us with a "Meal Voucher" as our last visit was a 4 hr transit, unfortunately the "meal" consisted of 1/3 of a bread roll and a black coffee with a very firm policy of take it or leave it and buy something yourself (which we had to do). Airline is still sitting on our complaint after 2 days so I am not hopeful of any change to their policy. On the positive side the Customs/Immigration were very professional, friendly and handled the crowds very efficiently.
Date VisitApril 2016

"I had high expectations"

I had high expectations of Dubai Airport. Airport is extremely big, so walking from terminal A to C can take up to 30 minutes. There are many duty free shops and restaurants. Toilets can be found everywhere and also tap water widely available. People working at the airport were okay, not extremely friendly but a smile can make everything better. However, the seats in front of the gates are often occupied, so you have to walk around the terminal to find a comfortable seat. WiFi is only free for 1 hour. After that, you have to pay.
Date VisitApril 2016

"unfriendly staff made matters worse"

The sight of hundreds of people queuing at immigration and then massed at security was daunting. It wasn't a pleasant experience, and unfriendly staff made matters worse. Having said that, the queues did move quite quickly. But then I found myself funneled onto a train heading for D gates with no idea what my departure gate was. When everything else in Dubai appears to run smoothly, the airport experience on departure is a nasty surprise.

"overall a good airport"

This review applies to Terminal 3 - Emirates. Overall a good airport. Professionally run, good orientation, reasonably priced, well-connected to street and Metro. T3 is very spacious, resulting in enormous walking distances (golf cart available at no cost) IS. Food: Ok, large choice on offer and prices acceptable. Cleanliness: Ok. Could be better, but considering the footfall, its ok. Check in: Good. Passport control: Ok. Staffing not very flexible – arriving in rush hour causes long queue. Most staff friendly. E-Gate often not operational. Security check: Ok. Parking: Sufficient parking available, close to terminals, but high prices and confusing signage. Sufficient drop-off / pick-up zones. Public transport: Good. Train within terminal, metro station at Airport. Sufficient Taxis – but staff promote costly VIP taxis. Good road connections.
Date VisitApril 2016

"It has the worst service"

(Hong Kong)

One of the worst airports I've experienced. I went from Birmingham to Hong Kong with my husband by EK and transited at this airport where my nightmare began. After an 8 hour flight, we arrived at Dubai and found that we had to take a shuttle bus to get to terminals. We were exhausted but had to wait in the muggy bus carrying heavy bags for more than 15 min. When I began to lose my patience the bus left. It took like 20 min to get to the terminals and in the last 5 min, the driver turned on the air conditioner. Yes, the shuttle bus has air conditioners. Then why leaving customers waiting in a packed and muggy bus for like half an hour without turning air conditioners on? Finally, we arrived at the terminal. It has the worst service ever. The people working there are rude and impolite. There's no "please", "thanks" and "sorry" coming out from their mouths. Using the internet is another nightmare at Dubai Airport. You can use free wifi for only one hour. The signal is so poor that I have to reconnect over and over again. Also, the toilets are dirty and smelly. Can you imagine that it is the gate to a rich and attractive city? I'm disappointed. Yes, it is beautiful and there're luxury decorations everywhere. But I will never go back again.

"overcrowded 24/7"

The new terminal at Dubai Airport used to be a marvel when it first opened - lots of space after the crowded and small old part. Today it is just the same nightmare. Way overcrowded 24/7 with too few toilets and too few seating areas. It is quite obvious that they don't want you to sit but shop and spend money. It is noisy with bright lights, it stinks of perfume, it is not clean and definitely on its way down. The choice of bars and restaurants is extremely poor, not in quantity but in quality and they all feel filthy. Moreover, I have never ever experienced a flight leaving on time. If you have time to kill, go into Terminal C, the old part, where it is much quieter, not so bright and overall more pleasant.

"airport is a shambles"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Dubai is one of the worst airports I have ever experienced in terms of processing time. For a rich city, the airport is a shambles. The queue of traffic getting into the airport itself was bad. However, after check in I have never seen such a huge mass of people queuing for immigration. People were panicking that they were going to miss their flights. There were nowhere near enough immigration officers and they were incredibly slow and acted as if there was no hurry. Security was markedly better thank goodness. The airport itself is modern and clean but not much consolation if you miss your flight.