Vote Now

Dubai Airport

"ignorant staff"

Verified Review | We experienced transit, arrival and departure this month. Transit wasn't too bad as we only 2 hours there, long enough to be fleeced by the bar (£10 for a beer) and shake shack (I think it was called that, £7 for a shake). The positives were that there were some drinking water fountains in the airport, however the first one we tried dispensed warm water. Boarding was ok although as ever it's clear that Emirates do not care about their economy class passengers. 2 weeks later we arrived back at DXB for a one night stopover, the arrival was straightforward, passport control was easy and the bags were quick. However when we got to the taxi rank we were directed to a car by someone who looked like they worked there, only to be ripped off by a £40 fare to the palm. Even if the guy there wasn't an employee, any airport that cared for it's customers would stop these con artists from being at the airport. The last straw was when we departed Dubai the following day. The check in staff were the most miserable and ignorant I have encountered at any airport, likewise the passport control guy seemed to hate people, and really had no care for his job. Even with my polite "good morning" to anyone we encountered, responses were non-existent. Then at the gate were were subjected to further security by ignorant staff. After this there was an announcement that anyone with duty free liquid would need to speak to staff as it would not be allowed on the plane, there were no Emirates staff around and the security guards were completely disinterested, the woman at security was too busy playing with her phone to help. We were so delighted to leave Dubai and would happily never return to this dump of an airport - it may look nice but if you fill it with the worlds most ignorant staff it will never be a nice place. The wifi was useless and ridiculously slow on each visit
Date VisitApril 2017

"shopping mall has no equivalent"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | Everything at Dubai Airport is made for you to enjoy your transit. It's probably the biggest transit hub in the world. Shopping mall and food court has no equivalent, and, surprisingly, it's not as expensive as I expected. The very good points of the airport is the free showers, which are very welcomed on long trips, and the relaxing chairs, by thousands, helping you to get rest despite the huge traffic of travelers. The airport is however very large. Too large. It's hard sometimes to find your gate or your destination. The internal shuttle train is not very easy to use and is quite strange. I think the airport has improvements to do in matter of information and signs to become even more efficient and convenient.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"restaurants were full and loud"

(Papua New Guinea)

Verified Review | I'm sure my last two transits through Dubai (a few years ago) were in the late-night peak hours but I don't remember crowding anywhere near as bad as this. People were sprawled across the floor because the seats were full but staff were still trying to run people over with the electric carts. Restaurants were full and loud. When you can find power points (best is in restaurants as I had a hard time finding any in the general area), they're not universal points, which seems an oversight in a major transit airport. Boarding was smooth when I got to it, and the security check on arrival was quick and easy. Wifi worked well despite having to serve a lot of people. On my other transit a week ago, it was daytime and a 1:25 transit that turned into 2 hours. They still couldn't transfer everyone's bags. Emirates is generally a good experience in the air but the poor work standards in Dubai hurt the airport and admin sides of their business.

"works really perfectly"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Airport in Dubai is very large and for this size of airport everything works there really perfectly. The only thing what I can say as a disadvantage it is that at peak times when few of Airbuses A380 arrive there is really big queue to passport control. Communication inside the airport is good and fast, there is no problem getting around. There are also a large selection of shops and restaurants. The staff are really helpful and are visible at every step.

Dubai Airport customer review

Verified Review | Horrendous - the arrivals hall when we landed on QF1 at 12.30am was full - with lines waiting for the always slow and unhelpful passport control at least 200-300m long. Employees standing around unhelpful, passport control rude, arrogant and slow as always - wouldn't come here if I didn't have to come for quarterly business meetings. When flying to Europe I choose to go via Hong Kong - efficient friendly and quick. Why oh why Qantas chose this place to route through to Europe. Rates as one of the worst service airports in the world. I gave a 1/10 rating only because the system wont allow 0/10 - and staff a 1 star because 0 not a rating.
Date VisitApril 2017

"terrible experience from the moment we landed"

Verified Review | Terrible experience in Dubai Airport from the moment we landed. Taxiing took about 20 minutes and then another 40 minutes in the bus, with luggage in hand, standing with little children after a long overnight flight arriving from London. And that was the easy part. We landed at 0800 and it is now 0935 and still in the passport queue. This is torture, and what makes it worse is seeing a lot of the officers going about chatting or looking at their phones rather than opening extra counters. There were about a 1000-2000 people in various queues for passport control. They have got to do better than this! Never coming back again.
Date VisitApril 2017

"airport was ridiculously overcrowded"

Flew via Dubai International airport en route to Auckland. The airport was ridiculously overcrowded and we were herded like cattle between security and various sections of the airport. The duty-free shopping area was a complete assault on the senses, as while walking through there you could actually taste the perfume samples. Next time I fly home I will not be using this route.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"do not get the hype"

Verified Review | Had to use Dubai's Terminal 3 whilst travelling from London to Sydney. Many people rave about this airport but I honestly do not get the hype. Landed on time into Dubai but was made to wait for about 15 minutes because an Emirates flight was delayed and still using our gate. Whilst I understand delays and the tight scheduling and capacity of airports, it doesn't make the transfer pleasant. Signage is good but having no tables or area for the transit screening is ridiculous. As soon as you round the corner you're expected to have all electronics and liquids out but no area to do so. I found the terminal really warm (I know Dubai is hot) but air conditioning seemed non existent. Toilets are way overdue an upgrade and whilst 'clean' I wouldn't use in a hurry. I found the terminal too commercial and hard to find seating. I also found the gate area confusing with no announcements for flight and people from different flights seating in your gate area with no room for queues. I also don't understand the security check. Sure, all liquids have to be under 100ml but surely a bottle of water bought in the terminal in an attempt to cool down should be allowed on? Wouldn't recommend or travel through Dubai anytime soon.

"an over-populated gateway"

When I must, I use Dubai Airport Terminal 2 to travel between the GCC countries with FlyDubai. Frankly, this terminal is an over-populated gateway to the other GCC countries. With seating far inadequate to house the hundreds of passengers passing through its doors daily and a quality of bathrooms equally poor, it is surprising that this terminal can be allowed to run the way it does. I aim to spend as little time in airports as possible owing to their prison-like feel - once you're inside the terminal, there is no getting out (until you reach your destination). I arrive, check in and go through security expecting to be boarding roughly 15 minutes later. It is not until I am through security, checked in, visited the dirty bathrooms and found a tight-squeezed spot to perch, that I find out that my flight has been delayed by an hour when I looked at the gates screen. Had this information been relayed to me 5 minutes earlier before entering, I would have opted for the cleaner option - anywhere but this terminal. The floors are covered in all manner of rubbish. It seems as though the staff have no control over what is going on, where. Rubbish? Pick it up. Dubai is said to be one of the best airports in the world. Fair to say the Emirates terminal is okay (just), however Terminal 2 is a shambles. One that should be knocked down, re-built, extended and for pity's sake - install an air ventilation system.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"One of the worst airports in the world"

Verified Review | Dubai is one of the worst airports in the world. The waiting time for luggage is twice that of the worst European airports. The toilets are comparable to third world country airports. Half the time when you board a plane you have to use a terrible shuttle which takes 20mins minimum! What a joke