Dubai Airport

"very busy and noisy"

Trip Verified | Bad experience overall, no place to sit in the middle of the night with two young children, lots of people sleeping on the floor, no airport staff to help, very busy and noisy, security staff unfriendly. Good that free WiFi is available though.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"leaves much to be desired"

Not Verified | Dubai airport leaves much to be desired. One can shop for a million unnecessary gadgets, toys, liquor, and a lot more. However, if you need to find seating or visit a bathroom, you are in for a rude surprise. Firstly, the number of toilets/bathrooms is woefully inadequate, so there are always long lines. Second - the bathrooms are filthy and smell bad. There is virtually no air movement inside. Third - almost 50% of the taps/faucets in the bathrooms I visited did not work. Fourth - almost all soap dispensers did not have soap in them. On my previous pass through this airport, I was in business class and used the business lounge in terminal B. The was a similar absence of sufficient number of bathrooms/toilets, in similarly poor condition. While I enjoyed flying on Emirates, the poor state of the Dubai airport will make me use another airline in the future. A sufficient number of clean, properly working, conveniently located bathrooms/toilets is essential, especially after long haul flights.
Date VisitJune 2018

"Overcrowded infrastructure"

(Afghanistan)

Trip Verified | Whoever designed Terminal 3 should be drummed out of the business. Overcrowded infrastructure. Insufficient facilities for the load of passengers. Staff that do not know the facility (asked five people before I was directed to a bar). Standing water in the toilets. Duty Free trolleys in the toilets. Security in name only! I know this is an "emerging" country, but I have seen a better run airport in the DR Congo! Unfortunately, it's the only game in town. Not a good impression to give anyone visiting the Emirates. Leadership needs to take control.
Date VisitJune 2018

"lacks any decent customer service"

Trip Verified | I often wonder why the UAE does not get good airport reviews: Abu Dhabi is shocking anyway and I can't see any improvement when, sorry, if the new Midfiled Terminal opens. Dubai on the other hand is a brand, but still lacks any decent customer service. Shocking all the way through, especially through emigration. No customer service, staff that don't want to be there, no consistency - some want to see my visa, others don't, some question, some don't. Terminal 1 is far way better than 2 or 3. New, open spaces and good wayfinding. Traffic around the airport is bad, hire car companies could not give a damn. Overall, as I expected and not impressed.

"not up to standard"

Not Verified | It has many shops and money exchanges and I did lot of shopping. This was the only good part. But the rest was not up to standard. Couldn’t find any place at my gate to sit. Very few chairs were available. Security staff were rude. Not with me but I have seen how they treating other travellers. There was construction here and there inside the airport. The worst part was the toilet. Bad smell and water everywhere. Disgusting. Comparing to airports in the USA, it was really a third world airport.

Dubai Airport customer review

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Boading gates dont have enough seats for passengers to rest. Its not a very Dubai experience. I do know they are renovating but passenger experience should not be affected.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Duty free very expensive now"

(Austria)

Not Verified | The best immigration I have come across. Short queues, although it can get cumbersome at times with staff shortages. I love Dubai airport with its connecting train and baggage after immigration. Fast baggage handling. Avoid Duty free as it is very expensive now.

"a 2km walk to arrivals"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Got off plane from Zagreb and had a 2km walk to arrivals. Where are all the buses and trains you hear about? Very disheartening. Then customs had long lines and short lines. And weren’t allowed in short lines. When nearly in the front they allowed people behind to go in short line. Also in April wanted to use shower in terminal and it was broke.

"bad customer service"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I had the worst experience ever. I went through the connections terminals for my connecting flight. Went through the gates where they beeped. I dropped my watch and had to searched. When I was searched I came back. I could still see my things coming up the courasel but my watch was nowhere to be seen. I asked the people at the gate but no one paid me any attention. I reported to the police station but noone could give me their time. I asked for the camera's to be looked at but got resistance. Such bad customer service. I thought the airport had state of the art camera's and its supposed to be crime free.
Date VisitApril 2018

"the rudest staff ever"

Not Verified | Huge airport if arriving or departing, but the rudest staff ever. No one seems to be interested in helping and if they do give you a help, it would either be with hand signs or tell you so fast that you cannot even understand. And this is towards every person, an Elderly couple were not even given the directions! Immigration officers spend more time talking to each other and sending messages on their phone than finish up their work. They need to train everyone in customer service and politeness as well. Shopping in Duty free is amazing, they have a huge variety of items and the prices are reasonable too.
Date VisitApril 2018