Dubai Airport

"It's completely overcrowded"

Verified Review | Worst international airport I know! It's completely overcrowded and neither the infrastructure nor the staff are made/trained to handle so many people. Be prepared to be sitting on the floor because there are no more available seats and to wait for 20 minutes to go to a disgusting toilet. Airport management seems to put all of their efforts on the bling bling luxury brand shops. A complete fail, never again.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"a clean spacious airport"

Verified Review | Dubai Airport is a clean spacious airport. I have been transiting through Dubai Airport for almost twenty years, but it's been about five years since my last visit. I do wish that the security lines would be quicker and better organized. The departure lounge for JFK is centrally located and easy to find. I was interested in Burger King, but the many crowded lines turned me off. Plus, no bacon burger, so it would have been a waste of time. There is a lovely Italian mini Vespa like truck selling ice cream. Also nearby is Haagen-Dazs. It seems like Dubai always is expanding, but it seems to be that they could easily double the space in the airport. There are really a lot of people.
Date VisitJune 2017

"Dubai airport is the pits"

Verified Review | Dubai airport is the pits. Food: be prepared to walk far and wide for little variety and uninspiring food choices. Seating: lucky to get one. Bathrooms: ladies, be prepared to queue behind 30 others at every bathroom. Mission aborted. Ambience - unimpressed, one long strip of barely air conditioned chaos. I'm also applying hand sanitiser as I write this next to a puddle of unidentified liquid. Service: Emirates staff are good but they're not really airport staff. Asked for four ketchups at BK, "you get two". The 1 star I have given? This would be for the free wifi - but don't try and make a call via messenger or whatsapp - it just won't work and you'll end up throwing your phone.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"always of a very good quality"

Verified Review | As as business traveler, the experience in Dubai ariport is always of a very good quality. Check in operations, immigrations and security are the fastest I have seen. In 10 minutes you are already processed in to the terminal. This usually comes with the complimentary chaffeur driver if you are flying Emirates. The airport is huge and a bit packed with people (I guess that's why they are building a brand new terminal for Emirates). As everything in the UAE it is really focused on selling things rather than giving a good "home experience". Usually overall a good experience.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"I am decidedly unimpressed"

Unverified | Firstly, getting off the plane onto rickety, uneven stairs is unsafe. I'm fairly fit, so I consider myself lucky. But I felt very sorry for older individuals, and parents with young children/babies for having to navigate these stairs. And then the shuttle bus. A short journey is fine, but a 25 minute shuttle-bus to get to the terminal? Where in heaven's name was that plane relative to the terminal, exactly? There was no seating on the shuttle bus, and ventilation was poor. I felt slightly faint, and was very grateful when we (finally) got to the terminal. And then I had to navigate more queues in the terminal for the toilets. Another 25 minutes in a queue just to use the facilities, where 4 out of the 10 cubicles were "out of order" and the ceiling in the functioning toilet cubicle that I used was dripping water on me as I attempted to relieve myself. The only saving grace were the racks under the sinks to place your hand luggage as you freshened up, which at least meant that I didn't have to dry a spot by the sink for the bag. I couldn't bear the thought of queueing again (all the eateries I passed by had long queues) to buy a drink, nor could I find a water fountain, so I elected to go thirsty until I boarded the next flight. I am decidedly unimpressed with my transit experience today. Plenty of room for improvement!

"extremely crowded"

Unverified | Dubai Airport is extremely crowded. Inadequate seating for cafes. Dirty toilets. Rude staff at duty free shops. Careless drivers transporting passengers inside airport. They are rude and shout at you. Airport staff are the main problem. No venue for complaints
Date VisitJuly 2017

"inefficient and extremely crowded"

Unverified | Check in is an absolute nightmare. Took an hour just to drop my bag. It is inefficient and extremely crowded - even mid week. I only fly from this terminal when I have to go on a short business trip. If I had a choice I would definitely avoid Terminal 2 and Flydubai!
Date VisitJuly 2017

"I wanted to refresh myself"

Verified Review | Apart from others, there is one point that is very disappointing regarding Dubai Airport. Showers for passengers not having access to any of the lounges are a shame for an Airport who thinks so highly of itself! After a 9 hour flight from Cape Town to Dubai, and another 6 hours ahead of me, I wanted to refresh myself and was looking for the possibility of having a shower. What I found was very disappointing was the smelly room with no possibility to get access to a towel or any other facilities that are usually necessary when taking a shower. There is a plethora of possibilities to spend money at the airport but no service that would allow me to rent a towel, shower in a clean environment and then take the next leg of my flight refreshed! This shows me how interested Dubai Airport actually is in their customers! Buy everything we have to offer but then leave!
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"Airport dirty and overcrowded"

Unverified | Pilot warned it may take 45 minutes to get to next gate from the plane for transits. But it took over an hour in the end. I was transiting to Singapore and there was actually a bus straight to the gate for certain countries including Singapore. But the sign listing these countries failed to include Singapore. Double checked with staff on that point. Terrible experience. Airport dirty and overcrowded. Can't find a single seat at the vicinity near my gate. Overall feels like I'm in an air conditioned fish market.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"always been less than satisfactory"

Verified Review | As often is the case when departing from this airport, the experience has always been less than satisfactory. From the condescending check-in staff to the unfriendly uncooperative and inattentive retail staff to the lack lustre dismal staff at the boarding counter, this was perhaps the worst experience I have had in this airport with regards to customer service. Not to mention the fact that they have now introduced a fine for extra weight on hand carry and for some reason that fine needs to be round up to the nearest 10 (which makes no sense whatsoever), collectively makes departures at this airport a forgetable experience.
Date VisitJune 2017