Dubai Airport

"not up to standard"

Not Verified | It has many shops and money exchanges and I did lot of shopping. This was the only good part. But the rest was not up to standard. Couldn’t find any place at my gate to sit. Very few chairs were available. Security staff were rude. Not with me but I have seen how they treating other travellers. There was construction here and there inside the airport. The worst part was the toilet. Bad smell and water everywhere. Disgusting. Comparing to airports in the USA, it was really a third world airport.

Dubai Airport customer review

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Boading gates dont have enough seats for passengers to rest. Its not a very Dubai experience. I do know they are renovating but passenger experience should not be affected.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Duty free very expensive now"

(Austria)

Not Verified | The best immigration I have come across. Short queues, although it can get cumbersome at times with staff shortages. I love Dubai airport with its connecting train and baggage after immigration. Fast baggage handling. Avoid Duty free as it is very expensive now.

"a 2km walk to arrivals"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Got off plane from Zagreb and had a 2km walk to arrivals. Where are all the buses and trains you hear about? Very disheartening. Then customs had long lines and short lines. And weren’t allowed in short lines. When nearly in the front they allowed people behind to go in short line. Also in April wanted to use shower in terminal and it was broke.

"bad customer service"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I had the worst experience ever. I went through the connections terminals for my connecting flight. Went through the gates where they beeped. I dropped my watch and had to searched. When I was searched I came back. I could still see my things coming up the courasel but my watch was nowhere to be seen. I asked the people at the gate but no one paid me any attention. I reported to the police station but noone could give me their time. I asked for the camera's to be looked at but got resistance. Such bad customer service. I thought the airport had state of the art camera's and its supposed to be crime free.

"the rudest staff ever"

Not Verified | Huge airport if arriving or departing, but the rudest staff ever. No one seems to be interested in helping and if they do give you a help, it would either be with hand signs or tell you so fast that you cannot even understand. And this is towards every person, an Elderly couple were not even given the directions! Immigration officers spend more time talking to each other and sending messages on their phone than finish up their work. They need to train everyone in customer service and politeness as well. Shopping in Duty free is amazing, they have a huge variety of items and the prices are reasonable too.
Date VisitApril 2018

"poorly designed for connecting flights"

Trip Verified | Very poorly designed for connecting flights. Not helpful staff. Multiple immigration checks and "Random Screening". Staff disrespectful to passengers, even the elderly are not spared. Forcing customers to pay up when the duty free luggage plus carry on exceeds 20lbs. Multiple passengers ended up returning the duty free purchases than be fleeced. Yes got to agree its got a great range of duty free shipping if your items are extremely light.

"hugely disappointing experience"

Not Verified | Horrible airport for transiting passengers - one of the worst I've ever experienced. Overcrowded to the point where hundreds of people were sitting and sleeping on the floor. Dirty seating if you can find a chair. The biggest surprise was queues of 5+ men at absolutely every toilet in the terminal (often 10+ women). Weak air conditioning and the smell of cigarette smoke throughout the terminal. Premium lounges were packed with no seating available. Temporary walls and confusing makeshift signage everywhere. Poorly designed duty free shops clogging every bit of free space. There is airport staff posted up everywhere, but they just stand around answering questions and don't act proactively to organize and clean up the chaos and mess that is Terminal 3. It took over 30 minutes to ride the bus from the remote gate to the terminal upon landing. Not what you expect when arriving at your airline's global hub on a long haul aircraft after a 7 hour flight. Overall a hugely disappointing experience from a 21st century airport striving to be the world's leading transit hub. I'll be choosing Doha and QR for any future long haul flights connecting in the Middle East.
Date VisitApril 2018

"polite, helpful, extremely friendly"

Not Verified | DXB-HKT. Once again, wonderful. I'm always flying in and out of this airport and not once has this airport messed up my experience. Our flight was at around 10 o'clock so we arrived at the airport eight/eight-thirty. We proceeded to the check-in desk. Staff were polite, helpful, extremely friendly and always responding with a smile. We left the chck-in desk and went to the busy security line. Staff at security never acknowledging passengers politely. When it comes to DXB airport, I can never express my feelings about it straight - because staff are friendly and unfriendly, lines are long and not long and the rest - but we overall we had a pleasant enough experience. It is a well built airport - we'll be flying in and out of here again.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"really unpleasant for any visitor"

Trip Verified | I came with my wife and our two teenage kids from Zurich with Emirates in economy class (great airplane, good service, nice overnight flight), and arrived around 6am in the morning. From the docks to the train onwards to immigration, everything worked smoothly but then, at immigration, we had to wait for maybe 40 minutes. That is a pitty, as it is a) unnecessary, and really unpleasant for any visitor (especially the elder people and the parents with little children sitting on the floor as they are simply to tired early in the morning with no breakfast). So, as Dubai and Emirates do not aim for second best in any aspect, I would expect the Dubai Airport Authoroties to consider any option that cuts the waiting time down to a short instance, with maybe 2-3 minutes waiting. That is one of the important benchmarks met not only by leading competing Airports (such as Singapor Changi) but even by more tratditional ones such as Zurich. So, as the Cities of Dubai and Abu Dhabi have left us with an outstanding first impression, I do hope, and remain confident that Dubai Airport will take action and very soon turn this Chokepoint into a Swift and efficent Checkpoint as it is an industry standard. From then on, I will be happy to recomend this Airport to any friend or business partner. Thanks in advance!