Dubai Airport

Review by (Germany) 30th July 2015

Every time I travel through Dubai it gets worse. They don't have Wifi anymore, there is only Boingo, which offers 30 minutes (sometimes 60) of free Wifi but in 9 out of 10 times it breaks after about 5 minutes, telling you you have already used up your minutes. If you purchase more, you frequently have to re-login which requires you to check your email, but you have no internet to do that, so your purchase is useless. The newest invention is a security theater for transit passengers to make sure you didn't purchase a bomb or gun in a duty-free shop on your incoming flight. This leads to long queues where you can spend more than an hour, so if your stopover is less than two hours, don't even bother to go to a lounge or anything.
Date Visit30-06-2015

Review by (Singapore) 13th July 2015

A transit airport so one would expect a lot of travelers lounging and sleeping. There's too many passengers transiting between Asia and Europe so there's not enough seats to go around. Airport staff were helpful but not friendly (would not go the extra mile and sometimes seem unapproachable). Not many facilities other than some F&B and shopping outlets. Wifi not working - I was kicked out of the service every few minute or so - probably due to overcrowding at the airport.
Date Visit13-12-2014

Review by (Australia) 10th July 2015

Travelling with a children at this airport is a complete nightmare, in particular transfers from one terminal to another, and or attempting to collect bags and exit the airport. It's just too big, heavily congested, and difficult to navigate. The terminals are so far apart, a transfer from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 can take anything from 30 to 60 minutes depending on crowds and boarding gates. The arrivals hall to pass through customs took us 1 hour 50 minutes, that was on top of the 30 minute hike by foot and metro rail just to get there. I normally use the Emirates lounge facilities, however had the misfortune to use the public toilets inside the terminal, it was an absolute disgrace. I won't go into the details, but the floors looked like a herd of camels had relieved themselves on the floor. General airport cleanliness was below standard for such a new modern airport, but in fairness, given how many people utilise the airport facilities it would be a nightmare to try and keep clean. Duty free shopping is very expensive when compared to similar large airports throughout the world.
Date Visit10-07-2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Review by (Poland) 9th July 2015

I was transfering there in Feb and arrived an departed in July. Dubai is very modern and clean airport. Terminal 3 was where I was traveling. It is huge, maybe even too big. I was very upset with "duty free" prices. I asked myself few times if I`m really hungry. Fortunately I was given a free-meal coupon due to few-hour overstay. I read lots of satisfied opinions about this airport, so I expected a lot. Maybe that was a mistake. It is high-standard, but nothing was really outstanding, just good quality.
Date Visit09-07-2015

Review by (Italy) 3rd July 2015

It was a 7 hour transit and they had only 4-5 charging stations which were completely occupied. After hours I found myself a spot to charge my devices but then came the next trouble where the wifi connectivity was so bad and it took several minutes just to log in! After completing my work in sometime I went through the duty free shops which had the usual stuff with no big price difference than other airports. The number of restaurants are good but if you want still want to find out more options you must switch terminals to look for some more restaurants which is really tiring. The only good thing is that staff are friendly to assist, but the infrastructure and the facilities must be developed.
Date Visit03-04-2015

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 17th June 2015

I flew in 4 times to this airport within the last 2 weeks, 3 arrivals and 1 departure. Flew in to Terminal 1 where all the other airlines land at. Now this is a review for Terminal 1. This greatly varies to Terminal 3, where all the Emirates flight flies into (which is the posher terminal). Absolutely amazed at how bad the condition of the terminal is, considering this is a main hub for tourists and that this is Dubai. My flight from Muscat to Dubai was only 45-50 minutes long however the queue at the immigration? 1 hour 10 minutes - longer than my flight. The immigration was jam packed. Regardless the day or the time! I flew in on a Thursday afternoon (4pm): Packed. I flew in on a Monday morning (11am): Packed. I flew back in on Wednesday (12am): Packed. Oh and not to mention, it was boiling! I don't know if the staff noticed just how packed it was, but they certainly did not notice just how the amount of people equals to more body heat. Considering that is is Dubai, they can honestly do better. Because of all these queuing, I have decided to only fly to Abu Dhabi whenever I need to get to UAE again (unless I'm flying via Emirates).
Date Visit14-06-2015
Wifi Connectivity N/A

Review by (Australia) 15th June 2015

I was in transit at Dubai this time. No more impressed with the airport than I was last time. Wifi is incredibly slow, not enough toilets and the shops are overpriced and boring. A long three hour wait there with limited internet access. Smarten up your act if you want to be an international hub.
Date Visit14-06-2015

Review by (United States) 15th June 2015

Everyone gets excited about going through Dubai. But I shall never do this again. First and foremost, the flakiest wifi ever. I could not get any connection all night. I wanted to talk to my family but with calling cards I had to spend at least 30 dollars. That too I had to exchange my USD to local money first. Ground staff were very unresponsive and not willing to help. I travel frequently but this time I made a terrible mistake choosing Dubai for my connecting flight. All said, never again.
Date Visit13-06-2015

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 6th June 2015

Very long queues for check in immigration and security. The staff had no idea how to arrange the people. I actually felt unsafe because it felt as though there was going to be a crush there. This is the worst I have ever seen Dubai T1.

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th May 2015

It's been a long time since I last had to transit through Dubai and the trauma of trying to rush through and not miss our connecting flight is almost a distant memory and I hoped as we were flying to stay in Dubai it would be less irksome this time. Whilst the queuing was not too bad staff were certainly not friendly at immigration either in or out. The facilities in terminal 1 were limited and there was hardly any seating for once we had checked in our return flight. However the main problem was that everything was filthy. The toilets smelt and were extremely hot. The floor was sopping wet due to the shower heads in the loos. Even the few seats available in the terminal were dirty I perched on the edge they were so bad. I would have sat in Costa or Starbucks but they were small hemmed in and packed with other disconsolate souls looking for a seat. Couldn't access the wifi either and power sockets were no where to be found. Duty free was expensive and not well laid out. Lots of construction work going on seemed to have to walk for miles. It seems to me the infrastructure and staff attitude are not up to it Dubai just isn't a mature enough destination to act as a truly international hub.