Denver Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

Review by (United States)

This is addressing the passenger pickup. I have flown in and out of DIA hundreds of times and yet on Sunday, 7/13/15 at 6.30 pm the "traffic cop" was clearly out of line and making it impossible for passengers to actually be picked up. She would not allow the cars to stop. This was so absurd I nearly laughed but became furious when she made my daughter drive around once and then again almost a second time because I wasn't actually in the lane of traffic. I know there is not waiting and now parking but there is absolutely no excuse why a car can't actually stop to load the passengers and their luggage. These rules need to be re-addressed.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Review by (United States)

The United area for smaller planes was Third world concrete block with swarms of people. We taxied for what seemed like 5 miles. Why is everything so far apart? Why is the Denver airport nowhere near Denver. Even the main terminal was a small bump on the horizon from the area we were in. I will avoid DIA at all costs in the future.
Airport Shopping N/A

Review by (United States)

I have essentially 2 complaints about this airport. First I can't find an electrical outlet that is not being used. The place is packed with people huddled around electrical outlets. When this place was built people didn't generally walk around with cell phones and laptops - but now they do! This place needs far more charging stations. Finding a socket shouldn't be like going on a treasure hunt. NY JFK has them attached to the waiting chairs at the gates. Now we know Denver is no JFK but all they have to do is add more sockets to the wiring that's already in place. Second the food choices here are worse than those in the GA State Fair. I took two bites of my chicken burrito how can you mess up a chicken burrito? I totally disagree with those complaints about signage - this place is easy to manoeuvre around.

Review by (United States)

Our experience at this airport was very poor. Incredibly slow TSA screening line caused my entire family to miss our flight wait five hours and pay $375 to reschedule. Despite there being maybe 200 people in front of us (two wraps of line) the process took half an hour! Multiple TSA employees appeared to be standing around while only a single screening line operated. Nobody from TSA seemed to have the slightest concern that they were taking far too long and people were at risk of missing their flights. Is there any motivation or reward for TSA employee efficiency? We made the mistake of flying with Frontier airlines. These guys closed the boarding doors 10 minutes prior to departure (we checked our luggage at their counter nearly an hour before departure and that got on the plane just fine). And then happily got $375 to reschedule. As with the TSA what motivation do these people have to actually help passengers? Zero! There are very few power outlets in the terminal (A gates) to plug in phones / laptops. With so many people sitting around (stranded?) it would be nice to have more power outlets! To be fair if you do not have to go through TSA screening and avoid Frontier airlines Denver maybe isn't "too" bad.

Review by (Germany)

This is an unprofessional airport. With severe delays on August 9 the airport was an absolute disaster. I have never seen the likes. I will not fly here again.

Review by (United States)

My biggest complaint with this airport is that the layout was confusing for me on my first arrival in terms of figuring out how to leave the airport and get to the exit I needed to be at. There weren't many maps available to help me navigate so I essentially followed the herd and ended up at the wrong exit even though my pick up was able to find me later on. Amenities are OK. Bathrooms are pretty crowded all the time but it's also a busy airport. Waiting areas were pretty standard.

Review by (United States)

Denver airport has flights departing all through the night but amazingly there are no facilities open for their numerous red-eye travellers. Lounges shut at 2100 hours leaving you nowhere to rest or work after that time - apart from the airport floor. Surely extended hours would bring in business and provide more local employment? The airport is vast. It took about 3 hours to get from the gate wait for the train wait for bags wait for bus to the car hire lot travel to the distant lot and pick up our car. Combined with the airports location (on the wrong side of Denver) and the huge traffic jams on I-70 it's impossible to spend much of a weekend break skiing in Colorado.

Review by (United States)

I came to Denver on a visit from Philadelphia and expected the same disaster as I did getting here. I would have been dead wrong. Check-in was at about 8.30am finished getting through security at about 9.05. I was shocked. There were easily 300 people in the waiting line and we never stopped moving once. 4 machines working to process people the TSA staff seemed to enjoy their work and were very courteous with their clients. The gates seemed a bit far away but that's to be expected with an airport this big. The restaurants and bars in the terminal were modern and looked clean and well taken care of. The bathrooms were pristine and well stocked. Overall the only thing I found bad about this airport was that one of the electrical outlets didn't work. I'll gladly use it again.

Review by (United States)

I would rate their handicap accessibility as the worst in the USA. I fly fairly often from Midway in Chicago and there is no comparison. Chicago Midway transports wheelchair customers directly to their terminal. Transporting wheelchair people to a cart then waiting on a cement seat for sometimes half an hour is very uncomfortable. I was given a seat on the cart placed on very end without any handle and was trying to hold on to the side of cart as it sped along. To make this trip worse I was driven and left about a block from my terminal and had to walk the rest of the way. Wheelchair staff were rude. I will soon be forced to make this trip to DIA and am dreading it.

Review by (Australia)

We flew from Denver to Indianapolis then La Guardia back to Denver during our motorcycling holiday in America. We found Denver Airport very easy to find our way around spacious and sparking clean and modern. I like the concept of catching a train to our gate rather than those walking escalators most airports seem to have. Plenty of eateries as we had a 5 hour wait. I forgot that I had two mini keyring/penknives in my cabin bag that I had bought at Yellowstone NP which of course showed up at security but security staff were very nice about it and showed me how to post them back to Australia.