Vote Now

Denver Airport

"flights are always late"

I use to live in Denver and still reside in the west which has me connect through Denver frequently. Flights from DIA are always late. I don't know why or how they can't figure out what's going on process-wise to manage their airport better. I travel frequently for work and go to much larger airports and experience zero problems (Dulles, DAFW, Midway, LAX, etc).
Date VisitNovember 2016

"gates are too far apart"

I fly thru this airport a lot and get the same feeling each time. Gates are too far apart to walk if you have a connection. Phone/media chargers are virtually non-existent. Today I asked for a cart to take me to Gate 89 due to an injured foot and had to wait 30 minutes, then they could only take me to gate 60 and I had to walk rest of the way as they said it would take 45 minutes for wheelchair. 29 minutes before my flight they changed my gate to 56 so I had to walk again.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"was pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | After reading reviews on this page I had low expectations for Denver Airport, but was pleasantly surprised. Arrival was smooth, and baggage claim quick. The TSA line on a US holiday morning was about ten minutes. The concourses are wide with lots of seating an natural light and a good variety of shops and food. Returning a rental car took time, especially waiting at the gas station near the airport but this is a big airport. It's one of my top US airports along with MSP and Tampa.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"a time killer"

Not enough TSA. No pre-check. Train between terminals is a time killer. Airport is a long way outside of Denver. Regional Transit to Denver is unreliable. Add all this up, and you had better leave Denver at least 2-1/2 hours before your flight if you don't have any baggage to check.
Date VisitMay 2016

"worst airport design"

Denver is one of the worst airports as far as passengers are concerned. You have to take a train to get to the gates. That would be ok if it was an airport that grew and needed one but this place is out in the middle of nowhere. Expensive charges for rental cars. If I need to go to Denver I will try to go to Colorado Springs and drive - it is usually faster and much cheaper. I think it is the worst airport design in the country.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"much needed improvements"

This airport is nice with some nice restaurants and looks clean, but has limited shopping. It also needs chairs to sit on with charging stations for computers or cell phones etc. Could not find one place to get a quick charge on my dying phone. So frustrating. They could also use a help center for fast info on directions or airport help. There is much needed improvements this airport could do to make it better.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"parking is too expensive"

Parking is too expensive. The airport is not set up for easy navigation. It took 2 hours to get through bag check and security to the gate. We spent a fortune in parking and extra fees just to fly to San Antonio, where parking was a fourth the cost it was in Denver. It only took us 20 minutes to go through bag check and security in San Antonio and it was just as busy as DIA when we went through. When we returned to DIA, our plane sat on the taxiway for 48 minutes waiting another plane to leave our gate so we could deplane. This was my third round trip through DIA and if there's any way I can get around it, it will be the last.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"experience was of nightmarish quality"

The experience here was of nightmarish quality. Packed with people. The security line was longer than I thought possible in my wildest dreams. There was a market style food place on concourse B that had salads that were actually very good. That was a plus. Overall this airport is a lot of show and feels overwhelming and tricky to navigate. Something really needs to be done about the security line. It's completely demoralizing and inhumane to have to stand for two hours and then strip.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"Information desks not staffed"

Denver Airport is a huge airport. Due to a lack of maps/signage I was confused as how to get to the main terminal, finally figured out that the train is on the lower level. Information desks not staffed on a busy Thanksgiving weekend, asked several airport retail staff, and they either did not know, or gave wrong directions. Now that I'm familiar with the place it's fine, but at least have some "You are here" - type maps/diagrams around, especially if information desks are not staffed.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"two thumbs down from me"

If you are passing through, this airport is fine but if you have to drop somebody off or pick somebody up it's a lousy setup. The only free passenger pick-up area is called the "cell phone waiting lot". That means you park yourself about a mile from the airport and wait for whoever you are pickup up to call you. Then you get into the revolving circle, and you better hope your loved one is standing on the curb. Even in the middle of winter, they better be out there because if you try to stop for more than a few seconds to look/wait, airport security is going to rush out and tell you to keep driving. "Wait, sir -- I see my 68-year-old mother right there on the bench through the window." "No, no," replies security, "keep driving...she needs to be out here. Keep driving". Seriously, this is such a mess, it is infuriating. Then, after creating this mess, the airport sees a way to make a profit off it. Yes, introduce valet parking ($12/hour) or actual passenger pickup parking ($4/hour). Total rip-off. So while the airport is kind of cool, it still gets two thumbs down from me.