Denver Airport

"wasted frivolous frisking"

Verified Review | The TSA at the Denver checkpoint to terminal A has raised the bar on incompetency. I arrived at the airport in plenty of time "I thought" to catch my 8:05 a flight this morning but after waiting 20 minutes to only go 12 feet I knew it was going to be a frustrating experience. When I finally got to the scan machine the poor gentlemen in front of me underwent a search that a referee would surely call "illegal use of the hands". I did not get out unscathed either - I got held up by Deputy Dog and he proceeded to frisk my right pant leg and my neck. After that he scanned my cashews and pistachios as they must have looked threatening. Therefore, the worst airport experience for me by far goes to DIA. Moreover, as others have reiterated in this thread the real threats are not likely to be detected with all the time wasted on frivolous frisking.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"well done Denver"

Verified Review | Brilliant airport! Easy booking in with BA then easy walk to security. We had access to the priority line and were through in about 15 minutes. A bit disorganised but speedy. The high point was once through security a brief walk down stairs to the train to take us to our departure gate (via the Admiral's lounge or is it Admirals'?). We were not forced to meander through a shopping mall of cheap booze, perfume and cigarettes - well done Denver an example to just about every other airport in the World I think! Boarding was also well handled with well managed queue for First, Business and Economy Class passengers.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"no food options available"

Verified Review | There are no food options available after 9.30pm except McDonald's and cold prepackaged food. I couldn't even get a beer at the sports pub! When I walked up, he bar tender told me to "Make it quick!" Very rude. I left. I tried 3 other places that "looked" open and got turned away. After walking back and forth in false pretenses that the next place would be in, I settled for prepackaged hummus and crackers with water. It's pretty pathetic when you can't even get a beer past 9.39pm on a weekend in an International airport! Two thumbs down!
Date VisitJuly 2017

"TSA is a total joke"

Unverified | TSA is a total joke. Every other airport I've been to has automatic belts to carry your belongings through the scanners. These idiots make you push everything straight into the scanner and then get in an unorganized line to pass through the x-ray. If you're unaware you need to push your things, they confiscate them. What other airport does this? Have a question for TSA? Good luck getting it answered. They'll just glare at you and move on. They'll let your "random" bag selected for extra screening sit for 10 minutes while they stand around talking. I pray to god I never have to deal with this again. Overall the airport wasn't bad, but those staff in security need to figure something out.
Date VisitJune 2017

"every international airport is better"

Verified Review | Takes over an hour from landing to get your bags at Denver airport. This is the 3rd time in a row. Every international airport is better. I have flown into 8 in the last year. DIA needs to get this fixed. It's frustrating that customs is faster than baggage.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"flights are always late"

I use to live in Denver and still reside in the west which has me connect through Denver frequently. Flights from DIA are always late. I don't know why or how they can't figure out what's going on process-wise to manage their airport better. I travel frequently for work and go to much larger airports and experience zero problems (Dulles, DAFW, Midway, LAX, etc).
Date VisitNovember 2016

"gates are too far apart"

I fly thru this airport a lot and get the same feeling each time. Gates are too far apart to walk if you have a connection. Phone/media chargers are virtually non-existent. Today I asked for a cart to take me to Gate 89 due to an injured foot and had to wait 30 minutes, then they could only take me to gate 60 and I had to walk rest of the way as they said it would take 45 minutes for wheelchair. 29 minutes before my flight they changed my gate to 56 so I had to walk again.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"was pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | After reading reviews on this page I had low expectations for Denver Airport, but was pleasantly surprised. Arrival was smooth, and baggage claim quick. The TSA line on a US holiday morning was about ten minutes. The concourses are wide with lots of seating an natural light and a good variety of shops and food. Returning a rental car took time, especially waiting at the gas station near the airport but this is a big airport. It's one of my top US airports along with MSP and Tampa.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"a time killer"

Not enough TSA. No pre-check. Train between terminals is a time killer. Airport is a long way outside of Denver. Regional Transit to Denver is unreliable. Add all this up, and you had better leave Denver at least 2-1/2 hours before your flight if you don't have any baggage to check.
Date VisitMay 2016

"worst airport design"

Denver is one of the worst airports as far as passengers are concerned. You have to take a train to get to the gates. That would be ok if it was an airport that grew and needed one but this place is out in the middle of nowhere. Expensive charges for rental cars. If I need to go to Denver I will try to go to Colorado Springs and drive - it is usually faster and much cheaper. I think it is the worst airport design in the country.
Date VisitDecember 2015