Denpasar Bali Airport

"a horrible experience"

Not Verified | I had a horrible experience at Bali-Denpasar Airport - Security Check. I was carrying a powerbank on which the company never prints its capacity. I showed an Invoice copy to the officer but he wouldn't budge and wanted to see the capacity printed on the device and not believe on any invoice/Bill and telling me in return that it won't be allowed in your home country. Not expected this kind of experience with a country full of such kind people!
Date VisitMay 2018

"Insanely disorganized"

(Argentina)

Not Verified | The place is crazy. Our flight from Singapore took 2.5 hours and then we waited hours to go through immigration. Insanely disorganized. Tourists should not come here until they get their act together. The departure was the same. Mind boggling queue and useless security checks. Almost missed our flight although we're there so early.
Date VisitApril 2018

"ruining tourism"

Trip Verified | This airport is beyond a joke! Such rude, arrogant, aggressive staff! Wouldn’t let my elderly grandparents sit in the waiting area that was empty as we were early. Why again recheck your bags before flight and make you top out liquids you just bought at the airport. It is ruining tourism. So many people complaining they won’t be back.
Date VisitApril 2018

"Won't be back if we can help it"

Trip Verified | The worst airport that I have been to at the date of this review. Security staff were very rude and arrogant and indicated that i could not carry on a medium sized umbrella unless I had it cling wrapped for the price of about US$7. I decided to throw away the umbrella instead. I checked with the carrier's staff later and was informed that it was perfectly ok to pass it to a staff who would in turn hand it to the crew for collection at destination. After that, it was the immigration (departure) queue. Much has been said here, and yes, it was slow, it was horrible and things could have moved faster. Then, at the boarding gate, the air conditioning was woefully inadequate. I should also add for completeness that baggage retrieval (on arrival) also took ages. Airport staff service and sense of urgency is a disgrace and a mind-boggling contrast to the friendliness, courtesy and helpfulness of other Balinese we met while on holiday. Won't be back if we can help it.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"plentiful shops and restaurants"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Having seen several poor reviews of the airport I was apprehensive about using it, but our experience was much more positive. The officials were not in the least rude or arrogant, on the contrary they were helpful when we had requests. They are strict about stopping you taking water bottles into departure areas, though. There are plentiful shops and restaurants and the building itself is modern and spectacular. One official did point out that even so it was already too small for the number of people who use it.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

!Immigration took a very long time"

Trip Verified | Immigration process took a very long time. Only one officer is working among 6 counters. We waited about 1 and half hours and finally we missed our flight departure time. Who will take responsibilities for us missing flight and now we are stuck at airport to wait for the next flight about 6 hours?
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"around 1hr minimum with no milk"

Not Verified | Love Bali, Love the people. The final check point at departures where you have to dispose of all liquids is ridiculous. I have a baby and need to have milk for him. Our flight time was altered at the last minute from 3pm to 9pm, with boarding between 8-8.30pm. That means around 1hr minimum with no milk at baby’s sleep time. Anyone with any parenting knowledge realises how silly this is. Also, people need water. Relax on this rule, it’s too late to confiscate anything at boarding!
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"just to be greeted by it again?"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Throughout my whole layover and walking through the airport hallway I was initially happy being embraced with the live music from Hardrock café, all good and no problems up until I reached my gate and I was asked to unlock all my baggages for checking. Then your staff actually muttered "lama tunggu kunci" (taking so long for her to get her baggage key) while waiting for me to do something you had so unecessarily implemented. What is the point of going through security, baggage screening and patting down and taking out all our laptops, watches and shoes earlier just to be greeted by it again? I understand security measures are needed but please reconsider whether some of yours are actually sensible or not.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"an easy airport to go through"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Bali Denpasar Intl Airport is still a new airport to me however it is easy to get too. Upon arriving at the airport for my departure to Singapore I was greeted with multiple downsides. However I will start with the positive ones. As I said before upon arriving at the airport I was greeted with multiple shops even before passing the first security checkpoint for the check-in Area. They contained coffee shops, small restaurants and even a small WHS-Smith. Of course if you are super early at the airport you can stay a couple of minutes enjoying the pre-departure area. Upon passing the first security check-point at the airport we checked our luggage with Silk Air, staff were fast and calm and provided us with fast check-in service compared to our last AirAsia flight. After checking in we passed the Immigration area, it was fast and well organized and we quickly then passed to the duty free area. As we passed that area we went on to eat at one of the restaurants to order, it was a nice restaurant that provided a variety of Western and Asian food. We then proceeded to the airport departure gate area where they contained a small amount of seats. There were huge problems with Gate Changes where a lot of passengers were not aware and improper announcements where made. Bali is an easy airport to go through however many problems regarding gate changes and delay confusion between flights.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"extremely rude and arrogant"

Unverified | The Balinese staff are rude and arrogant. Do they want tourists to visit because they would turn me off wanting to depart from this airport again. I was flying with my husband and at every counter etc they are extremely rude and arrogant. After numerous scans and bag checks etc, they actually do a physical frisk - ridiculous and pointless. At least do it with a smile.
Date VisitOctober 2017