Denpasar Bali Airport

"awful customer service at the airport"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Worst airport I have ever been to. 1) Waited 1 hour in check in line - not very long line. Staff were working in slow motion. 2) Rude staff. 3) Waited 20 minutes in line to board plane. Even though they kept announcing to board the plane asap! 4) Each customers boarding pass was checked 8 times. Again and and Again. 5) Took lighter in my bag away saying it was forbidden. This has never ever happened. 6) Horrible air conditioning, felt sweaty and nauseous. Loved Bali so much and I’m so sad that the experience ended with the awful customer service at the airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"very disorganised"

(Cyprus)

Not Verified | Very disorganised! Waiting at the immigration for over 2 hours! Staff very rude and even suggested paying them in order to help us through immigration. Very dirty.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"little bit chaotic"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | A little bit chaotic airport. At the second security check they the took my lighter I han in my hand luggage. Forbidden they said! Never ever had do surrender my light at any airport in the world.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"worst airport we’ve ever been to"

Not Verified | The worst airport we’ve ever been to. So much so that it’s put us off ever coming back to Bali. The staff are all too busy on their phones to care that they’re taking forever to even check you in. Took well over an hour for thirty people to go through check in! Then you go through security, heavily featuring staff busy larking about to do their jobs. After security, you stand in a huge queue to just have your passport checked. The airport is hot and seeing as you aren’t allowed to bring water through security, the least the airline could do is provide you with some! We had ten minutes left to get to our gate even though we were at the airport with nearly four hours to spare thanks to the gates only opening two hours before check in is available. We got to our gate but turns out it had changed gates with no one being updated! Then another painfully long queue. We were meant to have boarded by 11.45pm. No one is on the plane yet. Appalling.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"a terrible experience"

Not Verified | Due to a delayed flight I was moving quickly through Denpasar Bali Airport with the help of supportive staff until I was stopped by a security officer. I explained that the previous flight had been delayed and I needed to move quickly to board the next flight. The security officer then proceeded to pull every item out of both bags, search me and walk away to check my passport. Finally I was cleared to continue and sprinted to reach my flight with 10 minutes to spare. It was a terrible experience and I hope to never fly to or through Denpasar Bali Airport ever again.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Overall impression very good"

Trip Verified | Friendly staff, wide selection of places for food and beverages. Could be a bit more boards with flight details, especially in restaurants and bars. Very clean. Queuing for security check ins short and brief, despite lots of people. Overall impression very good.
Date VisitJune 2018

"a horrible experience"

Not Verified | I had a horrible experience at Bali-Denpasar Airport - Security Check. I was carrying a powerbank on which the company never prints its capacity. I showed an Invoice copy to the officer but he wouldn't budge and wanted to see the capacity printed on the device and not believe on any invoice/Bill and telling me in return that it won't be allowed in your home country. Not expected this kind of experience with a country full of such kind people!
Date VisitMay 2018

"Insanely disorganized"

(Argentina)

Not Verified | The place is crazy. Our flight from Singapore took 2.5 hours and then we waited hours to go through immigration. Insanely disorganized. Tourists should not come here until they get their act together. The departure was the same. Mind boggling queue and useless security checks. Almost missed our flight although we're there so early.
Date VisitApril 2018

"ruining tourism"

Trip Verified | This airport is beyond a joke! Such rude, arrogant, aggressive staff! Wouldn’t let my elderly grandparents sit in the waiting area that was empty as we were early. Why again recheck your bags before flight and make you top out liquids you just bought at the airport. It is ruining tourism. So many people complaining they won’t be back.
Date VisitApril 2018

"Won't be back if we can help it"

Trip Verified | The worst airport that I have been to at the date of this review. Security staff were very rude and arrogant and indicated that i could not carry on a medium sized umbrella unless I had it cling wrapped for the price of about US$7. I decided to throw away the umbrella instead. I checked with the carrier's staff later and was informed that it was perfectly ok to pass it to a staff who would in turn hand it to the crew for collection at destination. After that, it was the immigration (departure) queue. Much has been said here, and yes, it was slow, it was horrible and things could have moved faster. Then, at the boarding gate, the air conditioning was woefully inadequate. I should also add for completeness that baggage retrieval (on arrival) also took ages. Airport staff service and sense of urgency is a disgrace and a mind-boggling contrast to the friendliness, courtesy and helpfulness of other Balinese we met while on holiday. Won't be back if we can help it.
Date VisitFebruary 2018