Denpasar Bali Airport

"everything was easy to navigate"

Verified Review | This airport was very cute! It was nice and small and everything was easy to navigate and understand. We bought a couple of things at the shops, everything was very clean, the security guys were making jokes with me and my girl, all in all it was a really nice airport!
Date VisitAugust 2017

"2 hours to get through immigration"

Verified Review | Arrived at this airport at 3pm, about 5 planes landed around the same time. When we walk into the terminal area which is one urge room there were thousands of people in lines snaking up down an around, it was ridiculous. We could only see one staff member in the entire terminal telling people to find a line any line they are all the same. It took 2 hours to get through customs and immigration, when we did get to front the customs officers did not even look at me they are very rude. My main concern was and is, I felt it was so dangerous having all those people in one area with no security an no information of what to do or where to go, anything could happen. Also 30 degree heat no air conditioning and no water available to buy. With all the tourists that go through this airport they need to employ more staff and treat the tourist with a bit more respect we are the major part of their income.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"immigration staff are arrogant and rude"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | I use Bali airport maybe 10 times a year for the past 4 years and review in comparison to many other airports in Southeast Asia. Immigration staff are the most arrogant and rude around. Have them fly to KLIA or Changi to see what professional staff do. They recently increased your airport parking charges to 1st world prices. I am quite sure the haste to exploit as much money from people as you can you failed to do a peverse outcome analysis and now the result is an overburden on through traffic. To now have to wait 1 hour to exit the airport carpark is just ridiculous. The prices for food and even a beer in the airport are more expensive than Singapore Changi - and it ain't no Changi. This airport is such a bad reflection on Indonesia for some fairly simple, and fixable reasons.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"avoid this airport if you can"

Unverified | Poor treatment of passengers at Bali Airport. Firstly they will take away your liquids at the first security check which is normal. So you go and buy bottles of water for your family for big bucks at their shops assuming that it would be allowed to take on board like at other airports. You will get a nice surprise though when you come across the last security check where they are going to take your drinks thus making you pay for them again onboard. What is even worse that the transit bus drivers park their vehicles positioned in a way so that their exhaust fumes fill the passenger space of the other bus during waiting to be filled up. People literally suffocate while waiting there. Once the bus is full they close the doors and people suffocate for 5-10 minutes until arriving at the aircraft and being let out. Avoid this airport if you can.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"air conditioning quite useless"

(Sweden)

Unverified | Arrived into Bali just after 6 PM on Sunday, June 11th and the lines for the immigration were just crazy. It took around 1 hour 20 minutes to get through. Departure was however a lot better with shorter lines but the air conditioning was quite useless and made the wait quite sweaty.
Date VisitJune 2017

"eat before you get to Bali Airport"

Verified Review | Eat before you get to Bali Airport. The most expensive (and worst) food we ate in Bali was at the airport at Made's Warung. 80,000 Rp for 2 vegetarian springrolls and 200,000 Rp for a miniature beef burger. If you need to eat go to Prada Bar. Full range of alcohol (most of the other places just have beer) and the food is more reasonably priced.
Date VisitJune 2017

"lines for the immigration were just crazy"

(Sweden)

Unverified | Arrived just after 6pm on Sunday, June 11th and the lines for the immigration were just crazy. It took around 1 hour 20 minutes to get through. Departure was however a lot better with shorter lines but the AC was quite useless and made the wait quite sweaty.
Date VisitJune 2017

"profiteering at it's worst"

Verified Review | What a great new airport, fast and convenient especially compared to the old one. Myself and my family were in Bali for a short vacation, always a welcome break for a few days. Arriving at the airport with some time to spare at around 9am the airport was busy but efficient, check in, passport control and even the security was quick and easy. Once air side we looked for brunch, now airports around the world tend to be pricy, here the restaurants were almost empty, we finally chose a place to eat, how expensive could 2 plates of noodles and a hot dog be? Along with 3 juices the bill came to 740,000 Rupiah roughly US$54.00, a little pricy I can handle. This was profiteering at it's worst. I can't help wonder why the restaurants were empty? Wake up people fix the problem, this is your last chance to make a good impression on the people you need to come back soon.

"beautiful experience"

Verified Review | Beautiful experience at Bali airport with their staff. There were friendly and patient explanations given throughout. One of the ground staff at my flight had assisted in explaining why my odd shaped luggage was not suitable and needed to be checked in at the airline counter. Feeling skeptical at that point and ready to lose that piece (it was cheap though had been meaningfully bought for the recipient), was absolutely pleasant to find luggage arriving in 1 piece. A very big thank you to the ground staff who attended to us. A very memorable and amazing experience in Bali.
Date VisitJune 2017

"Horrible service. Terribly disappointed"

Verified Review | After an amazing 15 days in Bali we made a stress free early arrival to the airport to commence our return to the UK. Unfortunately when approaching the final immigration check, our final interaction with a Balinese representative tainted our experience. Despite noticing the one person only sign under the desks, my two daughters age 14 and 17 and I approached​ the desk, where I immediately clarified they were my children. The officer displeased that we had made our way to the desk together, queried their age and mocked me that they were even children. I took him to be rudely referencing my eldest and I gave her passport so she could pass through alone. When I mentioned the youngest was 14 he said I must 'follow the rules' and she was sent to deal with immigration alone also! It's not clear at which age minors are meant to travel with or without parents, therefore for a UK Citizen where my youngest cannot travel alone until 16, I find it incredibly rude the way I was spoken to, like I was being rediculous. Also unpleasant that my youngest wasn't prepared to deal with immigration alone for the first time. Both of my daughter's noted his rudeness. We have travelled dozens of countries from Europe to the UAE and never been separated as a family unit, or addressed quite so rudely! If he had simply said, all over X age must go through alone, or there was an age indicative sign, it would be rational. Horrible service. Terribly disappointed.
Date VisitApril 2017