Denpasar Bali Airport

"Won't be back if we can help it"

Trip Verified | The worst airport that I have been to at the date of this review. Security staff were very rude and arrogant and indicated that i could not carry on a medium sized umbrella unless I had it cling wrapped for the price of about US$7. I decided to throw away the umbrella instead. I checked with the carrier's staff later and was informed that it was perfectly ok to pass it to a staff who would in turn hand it to the crew for collection at destination. After that, it was the immigration (departure) queue. Much has been said here, and yes, it was slow, it was horrible and things could have moved faster. Then, at the boarding gate, the air conditioning was woefully inadequate. I should also add for completeness that baggage retrieval (on arrival) also took ages. Airport staff service and sense of urgency is a disgrace and a mind-boggling contrast to the friendliness, courtesy and helpfulness of other Balinese we met while on holiday. Won't be back if we can help it.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"plentiful shops and restaurants"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Having seen several poor reviews of the airport I was apprehensive about using it, but our experience was much more positive. The officials were not in the least rude or arrogant, on the contrary they were helpful when we had requests. They are strict about stopping you taking water bottles into departure areas, though. There are plentiful shops and restaurants and the building itself is modern and spectacular. One official did point out that even so it was already too small for the number of people who use it.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

!Immigration took a very long time"

Trip Verified | Immigration process took a very long time. Only one officer is working among 6 counters. We waited about 1 and half hours and finally we missed our flight departure time. Who will take responsibilities for us missing flight and now we are stuck at airport to wait for the next flight about 6 hours?
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"around 1hr minimum with no milk"

Not Verified | Love Bali, Love the people. The final check point at departures where you have to dispose of all liquids is ridiculous. I have a baby and need to have milk for him. Our flight time was altered at the last minute from 3pm to 9pm, with boarding between 8-8.30pm. That means around 1hr minimum with no milk at baby’s sleep time. Anyone with any parenting knowledge realises how silly this is. Also, people need water. Relax on this rule, it’s too late to confiscate anything at boarding!
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"just to be greeted by it again?"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Throughout my whole layover and walking through the airport hallway I was initially happy being embraced with the live music from Hardrock café, all good and no problems up until I reached my gate and I was asked to unlock all my baggages for checking. Then your staff actually muttered "lama tunggu kunci" (taking so long for her to get her baggage key) while waiting for me to do something you had so unecessarily implemented. What is the point of going through security, baggage screening and patting down and taking out all our laptops, watches and shoes earlier just to be greeted by it again? I understand security measures are needed but please reconsider whether some of yours are actually sensible or not.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"an easy airport to go through"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Bali Denpasar Intl Airport is still a new airport to me however it is easy to get too. Upon arriving at the airport for my departure to Singapore I was greeted with multiple downsides. However I will start with the positive ones. As I said before upon arriving at the airport I was greeted with multiple shops even before passing the first security checkpoint for the check-in Area. They contained coffee shops, small restaurants and even a small WHS-Smith. Of course if you are super early at the airport you can stay a couple of minutes enjoying the pre-departure area. Upon passing the first security check-point at the airport we checked our luggage with Silk Air, staff were fast and calm and provided us with fast check-in service compared to our last AirAsia flight. After checking in we passed the Immigration area, it was fast and well organized and we quickly then passed to the duty free area. As we passed that area we went on to eat at one of the restaurants to order, it was a nice restaurant that provided a variety of Western and Asian food. We then proceeded to the airport departure gate area where they contained a small amount of seats. There were huge problems with Gate Changes where a lot of passengers were not aware and improper announcements where made. Bali is an easy airport to go through however many problems regarding gate changes and delay confusion between flights.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"extremely rude and arrogant"

Unverified | The Balinese staff are rude and arrogant. Do they want tourists to visit because they would turn me off wanting to depart from this airport again. I was flying with my husband and at every counter etc they are extremely rude and arrogant. After numerous scans and bag checks etc, they actually do a physical frisk - ridiculous and pointless. At least do it with a smile.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"all points there was a feeling of space"

Verified Review | Five years since last visit and the "new airport" is very, very good. Arrivals was a breeze and there is so much space in this airport. Baggage was offloaded very quickly with priority baggage coming off first (Manchester airport please take note) and very quick transit through both immigration and customs (Manchester again take note). On departure, check in was very efficient and the lady on check in for Qatar was lovely. Passage through security was not stressful as in some other airports and was done quickly. Immigration was also quick and at all points there was a feeling of space - no one was crowded. The Qatar business class lounge was good, with a good selection of food and drink and the toilets were clean and accessible. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience to use this airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"not very impressed"

Verified Review | Upon arrival, the immigration queue took over an hour. There were plenty of desks but they were not all active for processing. The driver that picked us up was lovely but getting out of the airport was a nightmare. Upon leaving, there is a large departure board before security, not all flights are listed so we got to the check in 20 minutes later than we wanted to. Which wasn't a huge deal but was annoying. Going to Australia there is secondary security which we didn't know about and had just bought water which then we had to get refunded or throw out. The stall couldn't refund it and instead traded it for chocolate. There is no water or toilet past the second security check and you need to go through security again to go to the loo or a drink. Not very impressed.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"everything was easy to navigate"

Verified Review | This airport was very cute! It was nice and small and everything was easy to navigate and understand. We bought a couple of things at the shops, everything was very clean, the security guys were making jokes with me and my girl, all in all it was a really nice airport!
Date VisitAugust 2017