Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

"Travelers, just smile, relax"

Verified Review | People are very hateful when reviewing DFW. I fly in and out of DFW at least three times a month. As a frequent flyer I can attest that the negative reviews come from nervous, irritated or clueless travelers that can’t follow basic instructions. No you can’t bring the water, yes you must remove your shoes, no a knife is a knife no matter what size it is, priority means priority not general boarding, etc. I have to say I haven’t really been to too many airports where the fault is with the airport it is always the rude travelers. Why everyone flying feels like the only reason they are there is because their private jet is being worked on is beyond me. Travelers, just smile, relax ask the TSA agent how his day has been going and you will get through security quickly and stress free. You must also remember that if you had to deal with so many jerks on a daily basis that your temper might be a bit elevated. Let’s just take a breath, board and get on with our lives.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"treated us with respect"

Unverified | During our vacation my girlfriend lost her ID, the agents and everyone we encountered treated us very pleasantly and professionally. They treated us with respect throughout the entire process. The airport as far as accommodations has many restaurants and shops to make last minute purchases.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"an absolutely terrible experience"

Verified Review | This airport was an absolutely terrible experience. The customs is a total disaster. For an airport of this scale, you’d think they knew how to organize things better but they don’t. Lines are beyond ridiculously long, and security check personnel (those who look at your passport and ask about your bags and those who inspect your bag after the X-ray) are completely hateful and treat you like they are above you and you are just cattle. I will never layover or use this airport ever again. Avoid this place at all costs.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"Terrible experience going through customs"

Unverified | Terrible experience going through customs. Personnel not friendly and treat people like cattle. Most personnel speak very poor English and it was hard to understand. FInally many of us were sent to the wrong line, the green line, for those who do not have checked baggage,. By the time we realized this, we were out in the terminal and not able to claim baggage and transfer to connecting flight. Tracking baggage was an additional nightmare. Personnel should be trained not to rush people and orient them onto the correct line.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"a very disturbing experience"

Verified Review | Being a 21 year veteran of the U.S. Air Force I've travelled to many airports in my life. My experience with DFW was by far the worst airport experience of my life. The TSA personnel at the security check in treated us no less than like basic trainees first entering the armed forces! We were constantly yelled and treated like kindergarteners. At one point an officer told the woman in from of me in a very rude tone to remove her jacket and put it on the conveyor. When I followed suit and removed mine, he yelled at me telling me that he didn't tell me to remove my jacket. Do as you are told, he yelled. Very, very rude people and a very disturbing experience. I've only touched the surface of all that happened during the check in. The rudeness was so widespread among the staff that I feel that it is definitely a reflection of a serious leadership problem with the TSA at the airport, or at least that portion of the terminal.

"An airport to avoid"

Verified Review | Facility seems decent but follows the worthless trend of disrespect to smokers. This is one of the airport that force you to leave the terminal area and have to go back through security just to smoke! Airports like this are why when I can even if it takes way longer I rather drive. Thanks a lot Dallas Ft Worth airport! An airport to avoid.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"staff aren't exactly welcoming"

Unverified | Dallas Fort-Worth airport is a joke. The staff aren't exactly welcoming. And the immigration system is long winded. Forget a quick transfer between flights and avoid the airport if you can...it won't make your trip better.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"Dallas-Fort Worth is a zoo"

Verified Review | Dallas-Fort Worth is a zoo. American dominates it. We sat on the ground for 30 minutes waiting on a gate and almost missed our connection. We came in on B and had a departing flight on C concourse. We followed the signs and found some C gates but only 1 through 5 or something. Reached a dead-end. We had to backtrack 15 or 20 gates and go up one level to the people mover to get to the balance of the C gates.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"parking/transportation departments are dreadful"

Verified Review | As is typical, any effort to park in a lot at DFW is rewarded with frustration. For years now, I have tried to avoid parking here at all costs. Shuttle bus service is erratic, and drivers routinely ignore passengers waiting. Lot attendants are typically rude and standoffish. Unfortunately on my last trip, there was no Uber available at 4am, and I had to drive and park at DFW. When I returned to DFW a week later, the Remote South bus pulled up near the stop, the driver looked at me as I waved, and just continued on. This has happened to me multiple times over the past two years, either in the lot or at the terminal pickup stop. Drivers stare at you, ignore, and roll on by. This time I had to wait another 15 minutes in 100 degree heat with my wife and two young children. DFW may be well run in some areas, but their parking/transportation departments are dreadful. No sense of customer service whatsoever.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"great amenities, extremely logical"

Best airport in the USA. Efficient ground ops and control, great amenities, extremely logical and convenient layout, tall ceilings and huge windows. I fly several times per month and Dallas Fort-Worth is my preferred airport hands down. It's easy to park here too which is a feat for such a large airport. Minus one until they finish remodeling the last one or two terminals.
Date VisitJune 2017