Top 100 Airlines

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

"airport was crowded"

Flight AA from Paris to Guatemala with transit in Dallas. Airport was crowded with passengers who were entering USA. No special line for transiting passengers. No information from ground staff. It is impossible to catch a flight if you have a transit time of less than 2.5 hours (if you are old and do not speak English, more than 3 hours should be necessary). Return (Guatemala to Paris via Dallas FW) was easier as airport was almost empty. I found a line at the bottom end of the immigration lounge with 'Easy' written in green which seems to be adapted for transit passengers with no bags.
Date VisitApril 2016

"barely made our connecting flight"

In the future I will avoid this airport. The inter-terminal transit train is somewhat confusing in the direction and length of time it takes. Upon re-entering the country from Brazil after an overnight flight they routed us nightmarishly back through security as well as customs as well as picking up luggage then re-checking luggage for next flight on same airline, only to go through security again with only one TSA person to check tickets/i.d. then one line only for scanning carry-ons back through security. It was about 7.30 or 8 am but so unexcusable since there were hundreds of people. We barely made our connecting flight using same airline even though we had 3 hours. Just to add to the stress the TSA personnel were also tense and punitive. I've never had such a poor airline experience.
Date VisitApril 2016

"avoid this airport"

Terrible airport. Staff is non-existent or invisible. Slowest WiFi I've experienced, not enough charging outlets and many don't work. TSA agents are bullies who try to rile people up. Watched them harass a visibly upset older lady. Shameful behavoir (I know they are not airport employees but I believe the airport sets the tone). In an area with frequent violent weather they have an outdoor, elevated inter-terminal transit that they close in bad weather and then don't have anyone to help travelers. Ever heard of a subway? My advice - avoid this airport. If I could I would give them a zero rating.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"airport was convenient"

The airport was convenient for us as we were transiting between International and domestic flights, but some arrangements are quite strange. Arriving from Australia, you have to collect your luggage and leave the secure area. Then, to go to your domestic flight, you re-enter the secure area. It can be at the same terminal you just left. Absurd. This is especially the case when you consider that it is not necessary for someone travelling with carry-on only. Immigration staff are rude and officious. There is no reason to denigrate someone because they wish to visit an area in the US that the official thinks is not as good as some place they would go. The transit shuttle is good. Shopping and food looked reasonable, but as I am an airline lounge member, I did not use them.
Date VisitAugust 2015

"will avoid DFW at all costs"

Will avoid DFW at all costs and American Airlines. Rude gate staff and Management. Flight was at gate but told "door closed" 3 min ago. Flight from Vegas was few minutes late. Would not let us board. Told us they knew we would be a few minutes late, but only husband and I were to board and that was not enough to wait 3 min to close door, if had been more they would have waited. Sent us to hotel (not nice) 15 miles away when airport has hotels on site. Hotel check in told us this happens every night and 15-20 people stay with them. Very disappointed.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"hope to avoid Dallas airport in the future"

After hours long flight from Germany, we arrived exhausted and ready for a meal in the airport before setting off for the rest of our trip home. 3 hours and 45 mins layover specifically designed to provide us a chance to walk around and get a meal and something to drink. Dallas herded us into a line and when I say us I mean a huge crowd of people, men women, babies, children all tired from flying and used 2 lines of workers to move those people in the slowest fashion I've ever been witness to. Kids had meltdowns first and their mothers had no energy to prevent or help them. Then the adults came next requiring wheelchairs, and a few men just sat on the floor and looked defeated. I had severe edema already and standing in that line for 2 hours just made my problem worse. Waiting was bad enough but we couldn't sit down. How can an airport have that little compassion on a group of people? How can they be so fixed on making us go through that torture? It was torture and I would be surprised if no one else complained about our treatment. I kept wondering if these were all new employees just learning their jobs and down about 6 people who called in sick. I hope to avoid Dallas airport in the future. The treatment was the worst I have experienced.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"very clearly marked signs"

Connected through DFW on Sept 29 and return Oct 2, 2015. I was travelling on American Airlines and had about 1 hour to connect each time. First time was so easy. My arrival gate was next to my departure gate. My return trip caused me some anxiety as I had never passed through DFW before my outbound connection. We arrived at Terminal D and my connection was in Terminal A. The airport is huge. There was no one at my gate to asked for assistance. So, I followed the sign for the SkyTrain or whatever they call it. I went up a huge escalator and was at the station. There were very clearly marked signs. I boarded the next train for Terminal A (didn't wait 2 minutes for it). We made 2 short stops and my gate was the third stop. I made my connection in plenty of time.
Date VisitOctober 2015

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

I was disappointed with the lack of basic customer service skills and communication skills with many of the personnel I encountered in this airport. There is an awful attitude of "that's not my job" and most were very unhelpful. Not one employee greeted me with a smile.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Over 100 degrees at my gate. I spent a 6 hour layover at gate E9, overnight, and the temperature reached over 100 degrees inside the terminal without the airport doing anything about the lack of A/C. By far the worst airport I have been to in the United States!

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

The Airport which is going under a renovation program called the TRIP. But the airport is still very good, the SkyLink which connects the terminals is very clean and fast. The terminals are all up to date and my trip was pleasant.
Date VisitJanuary 2015