Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

"Dallas-Fort Worth is a zoo"

Verified Review | Dallas-Fort Worth is a zoo. American dominates it. We sat on the ground for 30 minutes waiting on a gate and almost missed our connection. We came in on B and had a departing flight on C concourse. We followed the signs and found some C gates but only 1 through 5 or something. Reached a dead-end. We had to backtrack 15 or 20 gates and go up one level to the people mover to get to the balance of the C gates.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"parking/transportation departments are dreadful"

Verified Review | As is typical, any effort to park in a lot at DFW is rewarded with frustration. For years now, I have tried to avoid parking here at all costs. Shuttle bus service is erratic, and drivers routinely ignore passengers waiting. Lot attendants are typically rude and standoffish. Unfortunately on my last trip, there was no Uber available at 4am, and I had to drive and park at DFW. When I returned to DFW a week later, the Remote South bus pulled up near the stop, the driver looked at me as I waved, and just continued on. This has happened to me multiple times over the past two years, either in the lot or at the terminal pickup stop. Drivers stare at you, ignore, and roll on by. This time I had to wait another 15 minutes in 100 degree heat with my wife and two young children. DFW may be well run in some areas, but their parking/transportation departments are dreadful. No sense of customer service whatsoever.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"great amenities, extremely logical"

Best airport in the USA. Efficient ground ops and control, great amenities, extremely logical and convenient layout, tall ceilings and huge windows. I fly several times per month and Dallas Fort-Worth is my preferred airport hands down. It's easy to park here too which is a feat for such a large airport. Minus one until they finish remodeling the last one or two terminals.
Date VisitJune 2017

"the best airport that I have used in the US"

Verified Review | Many people slam Dallas Fort-Worth but for me its probably the best airport that I have used in the US. A regular entry point from Sydney. Usual arrival is mid afternoon and it is a breeze to get through immigration control, pick up bags and recheck for the onward. Qantas arrive at Terminal D and usually out of Terminal A to pick up an American Airlines flight. Quick trip on the light rail and you are there. On the last trip it was in reverse. Arrive at Terminal A, out of D. There was 90 minutes between flights but enough time to get to the Admirals Lounge at TD, quick freshen up and out. Although the Qantas flight left at 10 pm, it was very quiet in Terminal D and many of the shops were winding down for the night but still found a couple of places to pick up some snacks. When a review only complains about how quiet it is and not much happened then that's a pretty good review.
Date VisitJune 2017

"the employees are not friendly"

Verified Review | What a ridiculous experience. Generally, DFW is ok as far as airports go. The construction can make things difficult, but I appreciate their attempts to stay up to date. It's sheer size can make navigating difficult, but it's one of the largest airports in the US, so that is to be expected. Here's my biggest consistent problem with DFW: the employees are not friendly. Many of them are downright rude. Sure, there are a few random friendly faces, but vast majority of people you interact with act like you're stupid and like they have about 50 other things they could be doing instead of helping you. This is such a huge disappointment to me as a Texan because we are known for our friendly, welcoming demeanor. I hate to think that those mannerless jerks are the first impression people traveling in from other states or countries experience. I have never been spoken to by a stranger they way those people speak to you, it's disgraceful. Every single one of them ought to be ashamed of themselves and ought to have their hides tanned by their parents, since that clearly wasn't done enough in their childhood. Manners matter people! Today, however, was a nightmare. We flew back to DFW after a vacation in Mexico. We were told our baggage would come out at carousel 5. We waited for nearly 45 minutes before a fellow passenger - not employee - noticed bags coming out 3 terminals away. No announcement was made over the loudspeakers that are everywhere, no information was shown on the screens in the baggage claim area, they just let us sit there and watch an empty carousel. There were also 2 other flights that came in behind us and got their luggage first. That was the first thing that frustrated me to death. Then, just before a handful more flights got in, they decided to close half of the immigration stands. It took us an hour and a half to get our bags and get through immigration. We are American citizens traveling back to our home country, there is no reason it should have taken that long. Shame on you, DFW. You have disappointed me too many times for me to finally not say something for others to see.
Date VisitMay 2017

"quite dull and needs a bit of renovation"

(Pakistan)

The check in area was quite dull and needs a bit of renovation. However the waiting area was pleasant enough. Quite a number of shops and restaurants to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. I have been to the arrivals once and the arrivals lounge was horrible. No air conditioning despite it being the middle of July and our luggage arrived on a belt other than the one communicated to us by the airline.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"experience absolutely terrible"

Verified Review | My daughter and I traveled from London Heathrow to Dallas Fort Worth for a connecting flight to Phoenix Sky Harbor. The experience at this airport was absolutely terrible. Our flight from London to start arrived 26 min late. We were informed by the crew that passengers with connecting flights leaving within 2 hours to grab a "orange tag" upon leaving plane so that we could be expedited through customs and baggage recheck. Also we were told to quickly get to customs since another large flight was landing as well. There were no orange tags for us to grab. When we arrived to customs section, it was complete chaos. I asked 2 employees where we were to go and that we were supposed to be supplied these orange tags to expedite us to our connecting flight which was leaving in less than an hour and 15 min. We had to wait in a long and spiraling line. In the middle of this, a border control agent announces that we could get through customs if we signed in through our mobile phones. By the time my daughter got to the "questions" portion, we were already at automated customs check. Then we had to wait at baggage carousel for a lengthy amount of time. Once retrieved, we had to go into another extremely long and spiraling line for connecting flights and bag recheck. Again I told an employee that our flight was leaving in less than an hour and about the "orange expedite tag." And again told to wait in long line. When we got further in, I spoke to another employee, told her "our story" again, she immediately sent us to another line which, I believe Global Entry. She specifically sent us to the shorter of these 2 lines. Once up to that desk, the person proceeded to argue with us that we should have been in the other line next to it. We told him we were sent to it by the other employee. He was so rude, nasty, and did not listen to anything that we said. And on top of that, he marked our tickets with an A, for agriculture. We didn't have any kind of food in our luggage and told him that, so because of that "mark" we had to go to another line to get our luggage scanned. By the time we got through that line, with again telling employees "our story" and that our tickets shouldn't have been marked for agriculture since we had no food, we had less than 20 min to make our flight and our luggage was still not collected. After finally dropping our luggage off , we had to take a skyline to the other end of the airport. We finally made it to our gate at exactly our departure time, in which the employee told us that we had just made it and to hurry onto flight. We will never choose to fly into this airport again. Obviously a lot more employees and well-trained at that, are needed at each of the sections and a better system needs to be in place.
Date VisitApril 2017

"great experience today"

Verified Review | I had a great experience at Dallas Fort-Worth today. Easily made it through TSA, and had no problems finding my gate. I wish I would not have chosen American Airlines. They ran an hour late due to some type of problem. That was no fault of DFW. The airport was great.
Date VisitApril 2017

"lines were huge"

I had a transit from Mexico to NYC in Dallas Fort-Worth. The flights were already quite tight but not dramatically. I was a little stressed out because the lines were huge. I found all the ground staff extremely rude. They were grumpy and ignoring you if you asked for information politely. I fly a lot because of my job and I never had such a bad experience before. I hope I won't have a transit any time soon on this airport.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"frustrating and chaotic"

I have just arrived for the second time from Mexico, and once again found the international arrivals experience both frustrating and chaotic. The initial immigration clearance (using kiosks) was fine. I have Global Entry and it was no problem. The problem begins after you retrieve your bag. Signage in the baggage claim area is completely lacking. There is only one sign indicating the exit for the customs line. You will have to look for it. More amazingly, there is no signage directing travelers to the Global Entry expedited line. It is at the far end, and nobody appears to know about it. It is empty, and the person manning it wasn't even at their post, rather was busy talking to a colleague several feet away. I had to ask a TSA representative where it was. They were aloof, disinterested and told me to ask someone near baggage carousel 6 and 7. After clearing customs, the baggage re-check was easy enough. But the security lines to re-enter the terminals for your connecting flight was miserable. The pre-check line is not apparent. Again, nobody offers help. The stanchions/roping are not adjusted to even out the two lines. No bins. Everyone piles their possessions onto the belt which all come out the other end in a bunched up pile before you get through the X-ray. One woman lost her purse and a cellphone was laying there unclaimed! Once through the whole ordeal, I took the Skytrain to Terminal C for my connecting flight which I found to be woefully outdated, crowded and lacking in services. It is a complete food desert. The restaurants they do have on offer (standard fast food) all lack seating. All in all, DFW is not a pleasant experience. I will avoid it in the future, at least for international arrivals.
Date VisitMarch 2017