Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

Facilities 12345

Review by (United States) 29th July 2015

The Airport which is going under a renovation program called the TRIP. But the airport is still very good, the SkyLink which connects the terminals is very clean and fast. The terminals are all up to date and my trip was pleasant.
Date Visit29-01-2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Review by (United States) 27th July 2015

We all expect lines at the airport to be long and tedious but when it gets confusing, your stress level will get the best of you. There were plenty of agents at the time to assist travelers yet every 10 feet had an agent checking your ticket yet when I get to the front of the line, we were left with no agents directing anyone through 1 of 6 lines. We were told to pick whichever line but wasn't informed that only half of them had working scanners therefore we must combine 2 lines into 1. What was the point? There was a drug dog that made it hard to squeeze through the line. Why couldn't they have the dog be outside of the line and sniff as everyone past it? Among all other airlines I've been to, (Chicago, New York, Tampa, Seattle) DFW has gotten worse over the years.
Date Visit27-07-2015

Review by (United States) 8th July 2015

This airport is one that I refuse to fly into again. I was iffy about flying American Airlines to begin with, but knowing how their main hub of an airport is, I will never be visiting again. When landing in DFW for a layover, we had to taxi for 20 minutes because the control tower miscommunicated what gate we belonged to. Certain terminals are very nice with nice restaurants and waiting areas, while others are the underground tunnels of construction and uncleanliness. If coming through this airport be prepared to walk to anything and everything. The tram system is nice, however, the restaurants and gates can be up to a 10 minute walk away. When departing to our destination, we once more taxied on the runway for 20 minutes with a full flight and no little to no air-conditioning circulating as it was 95 degrees outside. When coming into Dallas for the layover returning home, seconds from touching down, we suddenly began to speed up and take off into the air. After 5-10 minutes after being in the air, the pilot came on the intercom and said the runway had traffic, and we are circling around. After the commotion of the flight, we waited around for our next fight, and never realized until 10 minutes prior to boarding that our gates changed to a completely different terminal. Lastly (there is no surprise to this one), we had to wait around 15 minutes for Dallas to transport half of the missing luggage from the other side of the airport. Needless to say, this was an awful experience. If you have the option of going to a different airport, take it, because, this airport/control tower needs to get it together, or they will be the next ones in the news headlines from airplane miscommunications.
Date Visit08-07-2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Review by (China) 17th June 2015

I would never imagine that baggage trolleys can be a paid luxury. 5 bucks for a trolley, and no trolleys whatsoever available inside security. In the worlds 4th busiest airport? This alone is enough to swear to never again fly through DFW. Nice eateries and shops did not make up for this ridiculous trolley policy. Dallas Fort Worth - no more.
Date Visit15-06-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th May 2015

If your flight uses this airport as a transfer option I would recommend you avoid like the plague! Choose another transfer airport even if the flight cost an extra £100 it will be worth every penny believe me. Security were on some kind of power trip and were very rude. Staff have absolutely no interest in anything you have to say unless it's to do with American Airlines. No direction signs at all for connecting flights you have to find your own way. Dallas Fort Worth you were our first impression of the USA - not a good impression.
Terminal Cleanliness N/A
Airport Shopping N/A

Review by (United States) 17th March 2015

We just had a terrible experience at DFW. My husband is handicapped and had requested wheelchair assistance. A wheelchair was waiting for us on the exit ramp but no wheelchair pusher. We two aged 70 and 84 had to manage ourselves and our carryon luggage through customs then pick up our checked baggage recheck it and go back through security to the Skyline and to our connecting gate having never been assisted by an official wheelchair pusher. We received random brief help from airport staff or other travelers. We had 3 hours from when our plane from MX landed and when our connecting flight left and we had no chance to use the restroom let alone get something to eat. When we were at TSA a worker commented that all the motorized cart drivers take break at the same time. That is why we had to go to the elevated train to travel the long distance to our next gate. What kind of customer service is this?

Review by (United States) 4th March 2015

Arrived from Australia 20 February 2015 - worst part was waiting 20 minutes for our luggage to arrive. Overall entering the US took about 30 minutes from leaving the plane to completing Customs - not bad I suppose. Connecting flight to Atlanta was uneventful. Overall - DFW is a clean modern and very large airport.

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th January 2015

Arrived DFW Sat 17th January 2015 to find now you have choices. Being from the UK you can now go through ESTA channel. It takes about 2-3 mins to process your passport and answer some questions you get a slip of paper with your photo on it present that to a immigration officer then through to baggage. My bags were already waiting for me. Now there are three areas for customs. I entered the ESTA gate and through you go. For me no more than 10-15 mins from Immigration bags and Customs. Something that should have been done years ago has finally arrived. I have been coming to the US through DFW since 2000.

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th January 2015

I have now changed flights here on several occasions. It is best avoided - immigration is very slow security is dreadfully crowded/inefficient and the inter terminal transit is slow. Allow at least 3 hours for this. On the plus side BA/AA help with transfers when they can and there are lots of bars and restaurants if you miss your connecting flight (very likely).

Review by (United States) 5th January 2015

Five gate changes in two hours is unacceptable. Even with skylink I was exhausted. Had to catch skylink three times to keep up with the gate changes. It seems to me that it is just short of a controlled chaos. Someone there doesn't know what they are doing or is unable to control what is going on. Could not find anyone that could explain why there are so many gate changes. The flight assistants I talked with even thought it a joke. I will no time in the future go to DFW. Hard to accept this concept without even a simple explanation other than the gate changes DFW is pretty nice to go through.