Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

"very difficult to navigate"

Not Verified | This airport is very difficult to navigate. The bathrooms smell and appear to never be cleaned beyond wiping the countertop and the toilets. The rental car return is beyond confusing. On the way to return my car I passed two areas for my rental agency that we’re not for the return. It is disorganized chaos, but it does have a great app that helps you to navigate the airport and track flights. Also there is only one area with tsa pre check in each terminal so regardless of where you think your gate is, you will likely have to trek to a different area to use pre check.
Date VisitJune 2018

"the most poorly organized airport"

Trip Verified | Perhaps the most poorly organized airport I have ever been to, and that includes airports from countries in the third world. Everyone knows TSA is slow, but at DFW they take that already high standard and push it even higher. The lines are abysmal. Worry not - staff seems well aware, and they try to speed up the lines by frequently redirecting passengers to other lines. This is where my negative experience begins. A lady in Orange redirected about the last 30 if us to "TSA Pre-Check", verbatim. "Go down the hall to TSA Pre-Check", she said. A a result we all moseyed our way down to the pre-check line and the line was not short, but it was moving unlike the previous one (when a line doesn't move for 15 min, something is wrong). Those in the group told to move all waited at pre-check until we were at the very front, and only then did a man start yelling at folks that the line was for "TSA Pre-Check only", when the lady in Orange clearly told us to wait in that line. Nevertheless we were all relocated to yet another endlessly long line. No signs to mark the line, no staff to usher people to the proper line, and no announcements were made at the appropriate time. As you can guess, many of us missed our flights as a result. This is my second negative experience at DFW, and the reason I felt compelled to leave a review. Everyone understands that security takes time, however DFW abuses that understanding greatly. Sadly one doesn't have much of a choice when choosing an airport , but I'd avoid DFW if given the option. It's not the amount of people that's the issue, it's the rate that they process those people and apparent lack of organization/communication. So congrats DFW, to being one of the largest, and most poorly operated airports in the world.
Date VisitMay 2018

"no soap in the bathrooms"

Not Verified | What’s going on with the Gate 26 area? No food, no drinks and no soap in the bathrooms! Are you closing this area? How about a sign near the other gates that once you come over here you will have nothing. Thanks Dallas - one of the largest airports in the world. Unbelievable!
Date VisitMay 2018

"this one is by far the worst"

Trip Verified | Of all the airports I've been in, this one is by far the worst! 5 terminals spread out over an unbelievable amount of land, signs that lead you in one direction only to stop giving you directions, and, above all extremely rude staff. Rental car return area is a 2-3 mile bus ride, understaffed, and again, extremely rude. People driving the busses both to and from the terminals didn't speak very good English, and though I tried to explain that I was leaving out of terminal B, was assured that the terminal E bus would get me there as he took my bag and loaded it - it didn't go to B. No one at terminals to help. Ended up paying a shuttle driver $40 to take me to B. One TSA check point for 30 or 40 gates, combined with bad information, almost caused me to miss my flight even though I pulled in to car return 2 hours before my flight was scheduled. The sign that led to nowhere led me to a door that said "no re-entry" once you pass through. I opened the door and stuck my head out to see where I was only to yelled at by a security lady. She threatened me stating I had to come on out even though my entire body (minus my head) was still inside the door. When I tried to ask where I needed to be the yelling got worse. To the point she threatened to have me arrested if I didn't come on through. I've never been treated as rudely at an airport as I was at this one. Never again will I use this airport.
Date VisitMay 2018

"the worst smelling airport"

Not Verified | The E22-E30 concourses were absolutely the worst smelling airport ever. Reaked of urine. I will not return to this airport just because I can’t handle the stench. It really is very sad you spend a lot of money on plane fares and you have to come into airport that is just repulsive.

"no end in sight"

Not Verified | People running immigration are clueless. 8 officers for esta line, 2 for wheelchair and 2 for people with actual visas. Need to hire people with some mathematical common sense. Been here for nearly an 1hr and no end in sight. Avoid this airport at all costs.
Date VisitApril 2018

"dirty and poorly maintained"

Not Verified | Terminal is dirty and poorly maintained. Escalator was broken and some lethargically applied signage confused the passengers about how to navigate. Overall signage approaching the airport is terrible, especially the rental car return route. Signs have you exiting one stop prior to when you should for rental car return. Rental car shuttles are too long between busses. No excuse for the place being dirty though.
Date VisitApril 2018

"saw them being rude to several passengers"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | I passed thru Dallas Forth Worth in transit to Mexico City for an international legal conference and must say that I agree with others regarding the confusion that initially greets international travelers when one arrives here! The support staff do not appear to have any clue of what they are doing and I saw them being rude to several passengers. On the plus side, the immigration and customs guys were great and professional though the lines were long as they had only three counters open to cope with many passengers who were arriving through several flights. I am not sure why they could not open more counters. It was worse on return. Coming back from Mexico, all of us missed the connecting flight to Doha as the lines were even longer, thanks to the American Airlines officer at the airlines desk counter, she managed to get us on the next day direct flight to Doha. My question is as to why transit passengers who do not wish to enter the US are not processed quicker and without needing to go out of the airport, like in most other international airports? I had an entry visa but was not intending to enter the US at all. This would simplify matters really.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"kept sending people to the wrong lines"

Trip Verified | We arrived at the international arrival in terminal D about 4 pm, the Mobile passport for the 3 of us malfunctioned and as we arrived at the desk all information was erased from our 3 phones, their instruction to submit it within 4 hours but all information disappeared after less than 3 hours. Then you are treated like criminals by very nasty employees who do not know what they are doing and should not be employed in those positions as they kept sending people to the wrong lines causing more delay and problems to the arriving passengers, with a lot of them missing their connecting flights. Then your are forced to exit the security area and go again through security to get to your connecting flight. I hope the management of the international arrival at terminal D look at this and try to improve the service which on March 12 was a real disaster and nightmare. I have been in business more than 40 years with many employees, if I see any employee of mine treating the customers the way the arriving passenger were treate , I would fire them on the spot together with the manager.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"not happy at all with the service"

Trip Verified | This will be the third time I've had to stop in Dallas to go to Jacksonville Florida. Im not happy paying almost $800 for a round trip ticket and I'm sitting here in the airport for another 4 hours before I can leave. This is the third time this has happened to me in this airport. Delayed for 4 more hours. How much money do you people think we have to spend at the airport to arrive at are destination on time? I feel like they do it to make more money when they have plenty of it. I'm not happy at all with the service.