Vote Now

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

"almost every time we walked less than 5 minutes"

Have used the airport several times during July to October 2016 on both within US and international flights. Have always been surprised and amazed that the actual walking within the airport after getting out of the taxi cab is so small! Almost every time we walked less than 5 minutes to the check in counter or the departure gates. I think this has something to do with the layout of the airport - so the car can drop you so close to your check in counter / boarding gate. Same on arrival - very easy. Could not care much about other things like shopping etc.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"poor and disorganised service"

Arrived at Dallas DFW at 4pm from Mexico City (where we had great service). As we exited the plane, no staff were visible to direct passengers. Many people were confused, and the few staff that were visible were rude and unhelpful. Despite having an international connection, we had to line up and exit through customs and immigration, and then re-enter yet another security line to re-enter the terminal to get to our connecting flight. This took us 2 hours. I have travelled through many airports, most bigger and busier than Dallas, and I have never experienced such poor and disorganised service. Many passengers, including flight attendants and pilots, were just as confused and angry at the lack of help from ground crew. I hope I never have to pass through this airport again.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"management at DFW is doing a very poor job"

Verified Review | As an American who has lived and worked abroad for the past 13 years and has traveled through major hubs all over the world, I had one of my worst experiences to date at DFW when flying from Puerto Vallarta to Charlotte, arriving January 11, 2017 around 5.00 pm. I was stuck along with thousands of other passengers in immigration and customs for 2 hours and would have missed my connecting flight had it not been delayed by 40 minutes. American Airlines claims their reservation system safely factors clearance times into their scheduling. This is not true as I and many others found out. There were many passengers around me who were told that they had already missed their connecting flights when they rechecked their bags following customs clearance. There were no airport employees visible in the baggage claim area to direct the multitudes and there were many immigration stations and TSA security lanes that were closed at what appears to have been the busiest period of the day. I ran into one AA flight attendant in the crowd who was just as bewildered as the wandering masses! The capacity is available, but employees need to be hired and scheduled for peak times. From my experience, management at DFW is doing a very poor job. I have already cancelled future flights I had booked through the international terminal at DFW.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"baggage claim is too slow"

Verified Review | Baggage claim is too slow - waited for over 30 minutes after our flight landed to get our luggage. Flew 1st class with our bags tagged priority and they were some of the last bags off. Thought I paid for a service. The temperature in the baggage claim area was also extremely unpleasant. The inside should still be cool even if it is unseasonanly warm.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"staff are helpful and friendly"

I flew through Dallas-Fort Worth Airport on my way to China. It is one of the best airports I have been to so far. The terminal signage is very clear. The terminal is spotlessly clean and has ample seating around gates. The airport staff are helpful and friendly. The food and shopping options are excellent. There are a variety of choices ranging from Asian, to European to American, to Fast Food, the variety at DFW is exceptional. The airport's WiFi is also fast and easy to connect to and the connection rarely breaks up. The check-in and security lines are also both very fast. The only complaint I have is the queuing times at Customs and Immigration. The lines are very long and it takes about 1.5 to pass through it. I would recommend DFW - an all around great airport.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"each experience has been horrible and disorganized"

This is my eighth experience with DFW in 6 years. Each experience has been horrible and disorganized. The airport staff are rude including American Airlines staff. Each experience there have been delays and numerous gate changes. Today 12-02-2016, I have experienced 4 gate changes and a total of a 2 hour delay so far. I will avoid this airport at all costs and advise anyone getting a connecting flight here, go to Chicago or anywhere but here. I don't know how this airport remains in operation. Customer service is non-existent. Fly somewhere else.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"a terribly run airport"

(Cayman Islands)

Rude and insensitive staff, especially customs staff. They shout at passengers, and don't seem too concerned if people miss flights. Terrible operations. Longest queues I've seen in ages. All in all, a terribly run airport. To be avoided at all costs in the future.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"nearly missed both flights"

I am elderly with a disabilty. I was traveling to visit my pregnant daughter in Boston and changed planes both ways in Dallas. Both trips I made special arrangements to have wheelchair assistance. On neither trip did the airport follow through with assisting me. I nearly missed both my flights. Will never use this airport again. If you have a disability you may want to arrange your layovers at another airport.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"floors were dirty"

Flew in on July 15th and used the womans restroom while waiting on my baggage at baggage claim. Floors were dirty, toilet paper rolls empty in stalls, soap dispensers empty and water all over counter. The sad part is, right before I went in there, the cleaning person had just come out, what did they do in there? I was shocked seeing it was at a large airport. Their standards should be way above average for such a large and busy airport.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"staff and service has failed"

I flew into Dallas from Puerto Vallarta and found the customs and immigration in total chaos. The self-service kiosks were down and they were clueless on what to do. We were handed a form and pointed to a desk, at the desk were the down electronics but no body to tell us were to go. We were then on the run around for another 1.5 hours and by the time we got to our next departure gate 2 hours later, we had no time to eat and were rushed on to the plane. We are now 45 minute after boarding and still waiting to leave the gate. This airport's staff and service has failed.
Date VisitJune 2016