Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

"one of the easiest airports for connections"

Trip Verified | I fly weekly for business, and for the past year I've been flying on American from Michigan to California. I connect semi-regularly through DFW - makes sense, as it's American's headquarters and largest hub. I'll say right here that I love connecting through DFW. It is one of the easiest airports for connections that I've ever experienced. The concourses are wide and open, seldom choked by clusters of boarding passengers. The physical layout of the concourses minimizes the need for airplanes to wait on the tarmac "for traffic to clear the alley," as happens at other airports like O'Hare. Best of all, the SkyTrain at DFW absolutely flies, and can connect you from one corner of the airport to the farthest other corner in about 9 minutes. I'll accept a tighter connect at DFW than I will almost anywhere else, because of that SkyTrain. Dining at DFW is varied and generally good. B Terminal is a little skimpy, but otherwise I have no complaints. Restrooms are generally large enough for the number of travelers, and generally clean. I've had loo-oong layovers, and have walked the entirety of all terminals at DFW...and can report that they are basically all consistently good and competent. The biggest detractor I can find is that there's no airport WiFi. At least, I haven't ever found one to sign into. I agree with a previous reviewer that a lot of the hateful reviews must come from passengers who are generally unaware of the requirements of modern air travel (which is okay; not everyone flies weekly like I do) but don't want to admit when they've made a mistake. ('Muricans, in other words.)
Date VisitDecember 2017

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Not Verified | Myself and my friends were flying through Dallas for a trip to Las Vegas, our flight was around 15 minutes late, but we still had time to get through and transfer onto our next flight, well thats what we thought. We arrived at the automated desks to put our esta details through and received a receipt, if you have an x on this there is additional security which is fair enough but when 5 out of 6 of the same party are put in that queue, bear in mind there was over 100 people in this queue and only 3 desks open out of a possible 20 desks that isnt good enough. I asked a member of staff as to why there are no staff on to deal with the amount of people in the queue I got a shrug of the shoulders and told to move, they were not interested in the fact we were going to miss our connection because of this and we were not the only ones this happened to. Once through, which had taken well over an hour to get through, we had missed our connection. Went to the American Airlines desk as we had missed our connection to be told there are no more flights tonight and would have to fly at 07.04am the next day, I told the lady that we would require a hotel for the night for the 6 of us, was told as we flew in on a BA flight we would have to see them in regards to that. I kindly told the lady that American Airlines is part of the same alliance as British Airways and would she call them to do so, eventually we were given a hotel and were told to go upstairs to the BA desk where they were waiting for us. Surprise they knew nothing about it, so took our passports went into an office and we waited over 20 minutes for them to give us voucher for this. I will unless necessary for the customer avoid going through Dallas again.

"Appallingly organized airport"

Trip Verified | Appallingly organized airport. An hour waiting in line for the so-called 'automatic passport system', which then did not work, so a further 40 minutes for a human being to rescue the system. Very bad-tempered staff who were surly and rude. The Customs and Passport officers themselves were great. No complaints there. It is a management disaster propagated one imagines, by a company selling efficient machines to replace people. What a joke, and what a bad first experience of the the great state of Texas.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Travelers, just smile, relax"

Verified Review | People are very hateful when reviewing DFW. I fly in and out of DFW at least three times a month. As a frequent flyer I can attest that the negative reviews come from nervous, irritated or clueless travelers that can’t follow basic instructions. No you can’t bring the water, yes you must remove your shoes, no a knife is a knife no matter what size it is, priority means priority not general boarding, etc. I have to say I haven’t really been to too many airports where the fault is with the airport it is always the rude travelers. Why everyone flying feels like the only reason they are there is because their private jet is being worked on is beyond me. Travelers, just smile, relax ask the TSA agent how his day has been going and you will get through security quickly and stress free. You must also remember that if you had to deal with so many jerks on a daily basis that your temper might be a bit elevated. Let’s just take a breath, board and get on with our lives.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"treated us with respect"

Unverified | During our vacation my girlfriend lost her ID, the agents and everyone we encountered treated us very pleasantly and professionally. They treated us with respect throughout the entire process. The airport as far as accommodations has many restaurants and shops to make last minute purchases.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"an absolutely terrible experience"

Verified Review | This airport was an absolutely terrible experience. The customs is a total disaster. For an airport of this scale, you’d think they knew how to organize things better but they don’t. Lines are beyond ridiculously long, and security check personnel (those who look at your passport and ask about your bags and those who inspect your bag after the X-ray) are completely hateful and treat you like they are above you and you are just cattle. I will never layover or use this airport ever again. Avoid this place at all costs.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"Terrible experience going through customs"

Unverified | Terrible experience going through customs. Personnel not friendly and treat people like cattle. Most personnel speak very poor English and it was hard to understand. FInally many of us were sent to the wrong line, the green line, for those who do not have checked baggage,. By the time we realized this, we were out in the terminal and not able to claim baggage and transfer to connecting flight. Tracking baggage was an additional nightmare. Personnel should be trained not to rush people and orient them onto the correct line.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"a very disturbing experience"

Verified Review | Being a 21 year veteran of the U.S. Air Force I've travelled to many airports in my life. My experience with DFW was by far the worst airport experience of my life. The TSA personnel at the security check in treated us no less than like basic trainees first entering the armed forces! We were constantly yelled and treated like kindergarteners. At one point an officer told the woman in from of me in a very rude tone to remove her jacket and put it on the conveyor. When I followed suit and removed mine, he yelled at me telling me that he didn't tell me to remove my jacket. Do as you are told, he yelled. Very, very rude people and a very disturbing experience. I've only touched the surface of all that happened during the check in. The rudeness was so widespread among the staff that I feel that it is definitely a reflection of a serious leadership problem with the TSA at the airport, or at least that portion of the terminal.

"An airport to avoid"

Verified Review | Facility seems decent but follows the worthless trend of disrespect to smokers. This is one of the airport that force you to leave the terminal area and have to go back through security just to smoke! Airports like this are why when I can even if it takes way longer I rather drive. Thanks a lot Dallas Ft Worth airport! An airport to avoid.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"staff aren't exactly welcoming"

Unverified | Dallas Fort-Worth airport is a joke. The staff aren't exactly welcoming. And the immigration system is long winded. Forget a quick transfer between flights and avoid the airport if you can...it won't make your trip better.
Date VisitAugust 2017