Dalaman Airport

Review by (United Kingdom)

There are air bridges and coach transfers, we had the latter. Arrived at the terminal and swiftly went through arrivals and baggage reclaim. No trolleys available. Strange set up as you have to leave the terminal and go down a ramp to an area that is best described as resembling and auction ring at a livestock show. On the edges were the relevant companies and pick up boards being displayed. Return was not bad, small terminal for the amount of traffic, crowded and hot – no air con and yes the prices are high, just don’t buy. Went to CIP lounge, most depressing place I’ve visited would rather be in an A&E department on a Saturday night, poor selection of pre-wrapped roles as you would find in any modest petrol station and poor selection of drinks, water dispenser, soft drink dispenser (temperamental in operation), wifi painfully slow. Easy to get to gate and board plane, plenty of announcements.
Date VisitAugust 2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Review by (United Kingdom)

There is a recurring theme here. That is re: the food prices. Simple solution stop paying the prices. Somebody said they had to pay 77 lira no you didn't but let me guess you did anyway so as to not cause a scene. We never ever buy at the airport the only thing is water which is costly but not as bad as juice etc. The thing I would like to see is more comfortable seating in departures and more seating at departure gates. Apart from that airport is ok better than what it was bearing in mind it was a military airport! All airports are the same re: prices UK is almost as bad with their prices and yet people still pay >£10 for a breakfast crazy.

Review by (United Kingdom)

Clean and not hot when we visited. Queues orderly and efficient. However food exorbitant as previously stated but airport lounge equally poor. Pre purchase tickets online or as before you will be paying extra if pay on the day due to conversion rate. CPE lounge badly run staff out of their depth do not monitor who is using the lounge and unhelpful. Acres of space with no seating. Whoever heard of using a premium lounge and having to sit on the floor. Supposed to be a two hour usage but this arbitrary which increased the seating problem.

Review by (United Kingdom)

Whoever is responsible for the running of this airport should be fired and replaced by someone has knows how to run a business and give customers what they want. I have never seen such an amateurish airport operation anywhere else in the world. The shops and food outlets are generally empty as the prices are so extortionate. If the prices were realistic sales volume would increase and they would start to make some real profits. As it is they seem be making 100% of nothing. The other reviews already given by others have listed all of its other shortcomings so it's time that the powers-that-be took note and sorted out their act. Turkey and its people are wonderful and it's a shame that many visitors dread passing through this airport. I shall be flying to and from Dalaman yet again in October and it would be nice if the airport operators "got it" and made the necessary changes to improve customer expectations and as a consequence increase profits. Shouldn't be difficult. I decided to write this review after considering using the CIP Executive Lounge on my next visit. Usual story - sky-high price and little on offer. I'll be using the hard wooden seats as usual!

Review by (United Kingdom)

The worst airport I have been to. Re scanning suitcases on arrival I have seen this at another airport but cannot remember where. The prices are the worst I have experienced. Why are the duty free prices in Euros? When they convert them to Turkish Lira the exchange rate is a rip off. The airport was like a sauna no air con going. The seats wooden and very uncomfortable. We were lucky our flight was on time but some peoples flight were 3 hours late. We had a great holiday in a great country where the people were great why spoil it with a disgusting airport.

Review by (United Kingdom)

Anyone flying out of Dalaman should be prepared for extortionate rip off prices in the departure lounge. We had to pay 77 lira (£26) for two cheese sandwiches 2 coffees and 2 small bottles of water. The coffees alone were 14 lira (£4.80) each for a small cardboard cup of rubbish and the sandwiches were 20 lira (£6.80) each. I would suggest that you take food with you and stick to the water.

Review by (United Kingdom)

The airport is 'modern' but basically looks like the inside of a factory or warehouse. Having been in Turkey for a week we were aware that everywhere excepts Stirling so as we had run out of lira we didn't bother converting any more. As such the prices at the airport were even more extortionate! Lastly was the time we had to wait for our visa! Out of about a dozen booths only about 3 were open and we waited over 45 minutes simply to get our visa! They could certainly do with more staff working in this area! Overall the airport is a rip off for tourists and a disgrace to the Turkish people all of whom we met were lovely people.

Review by (United Kingdom)

Not sure what the point of these reviews is if nothing every changes for the better but I concur with other comments about the food prices in the airport. They are indeed extortionate and shouldn't be allowed. My daughter bought a 6 nugget meal and a double cheeseburger at McDonalds and it was 19.40 (she paid in Lira). I know people suggest taking food with you but it wasn't possible to keep it cool on the transfer journey from Hisaronu and drinks need to be discarded anyway. As a result we paid the equivalent of££4 each for a can of coke. If you're travelling with a family you've often not always got a lot of money left on the last day of your holiday and it's important to keep children hydrated but at Dalaman airport I fear a lot of people will end up very thirsty/hungry!

Review by (United Kingdom)

I flew home from Dalaman airport a week ago and have to say I was absolutely disgusted with the pricing for food in the terminal. I don't mind paying 15 euros for a decent meal in a restaurant but£15 euros for fast food such as McDonald's KFC and Burger King is criminal. Air conditioning does need some work / updating. It was such a shame because we really did enjoy our stay in Turkey but this really did leave a bitter taste in my mouth for my return home.

Review by (United Kingdom)

Did not like Dalaman Airport. Check -in took along time. Air conditioning was not turned on. Food and drink was really expensive and the airport was gloomy and dark. So glad I didn't have a delay there because it was also quite a small airport and there wasn't that many shops.