Airline of the Year

Cork Airport

"lack of basic courtesy"

Verified Review | I have to agree with the review below. The security staff at this airport are extremely rude and aggressive. They seem to take it as a personal insult if you show some initiative (such as dare to pick up a tray yourself) to speed up the baggage scanning process. Move into an area of the conveyor belt that has space for three people but is only being used by one, and you can expect a volley of abuse from a staff member. The angry demeanour and lack of basic courtesy is absolutely astounding. I don't expect much from airport security staff, but these guys - or some of them, anyway - fail to meet even minimal standards of acceptable behaviour.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"the problem is the security staff"

Verified Review | Overall, I don't mind Cork airport in itself. It's the security screening that annoys me every time. I commute from ORK twice per 9 days and I've done this the past 5 years. The problem is the security staff. Rude, distant and talking to you like you're 5 years old. As you're not allowed to pick up trays by yourself, you're always waiting with your hands full of items to screen separately (laptop, liquids, shoes etc). I aways place the items anyway on the counter in front of the security officer. Standing there with my shoes off and on the table and everything laid out before him, he doesn't even look at it but states loudly "do you have any liquids or laptops?". This happens every time. Last week I was asked to remove my shoes. I work in the airport in Oslo so I've purposefully bought a pair of Chelsea boots without metal in them and I ask why. "Because I need to see your ankles". I'm wearing a skirt with tights and don't see the need, but I comply because I know not to argue with security personnel. The two business men behind me were wearing leather shoes and suit pants that could fit an extra pair of legs in them but they don't have to "show their ankles" for anyone. That's Cork airport security staff for you.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"lowest level of customer service"

As a regular user of Cork Airport, I have always had a excellent opinion of its services. Unfortunately, this morning while dropping a friend off, I experienced the lowest level of customer service I have in a long time. My friend forgot his phone charger at home and after realising this, I drove straight back to Cork Airport. I was unable to contact my friend who had most likely gone through security. On arriving at the airport, with ample amount of time before flight departure, I asked an employee of Aer Lingus, Ryanair and another company I cannot remember, could they please put a call out over the intercom to call my friend to the other side of security so I could pass the charger through. There is apparently no connection between the intercom system on both sides of security. As it was a Ryanair flight, I asked this specific employee could he please contact a Ryanair colleague at the other side of security to make an announcement so my friend could please get his charger. He couldn't do this. Why, he had no reason. I asked was there any other way, I could go about getting the charger to my friend. He said he couldn't do anything, but if I wanted to try asking security, I could. Of course he said, security probably wouldn't be able to do anything for me. I feel that from a customer service perspective, both by Ryanair and by Cork Airport, there is a complete sense of apathy and disregard for giving the highest level of customer service and simply trying to help your customers. I know this is just a minor example, but one would think in the service industry, employees would try their best to help their customers.
Date VisitOctober 2015

Cork Airport customer review

Security check personnel in Cork airport - I've never met the kind in any other airport, there appears to be no accountability and buckets of bad attitude. I tried to lodge a complaint today about a rude girl working there after she snapped at me and made a hand gesture to her colleague about me when I asked for her name (but was refused) and was told there was no facility to complain there. 95% of the employees working in security in Cork are nice and a pleasure to deal with but there are a few bad apples and their management should root them out or train some of them to lose the attitude.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Cork Airport customer review

I travelled through here for the Cork Jazz Festival weekend and was quite impressed. The airport is calm and quiet and I thought facilities airside were very good - the bar has good food and is like a good pub.

Cork Airport customer review

I agree with the earlier comments a lovely easy-to-use airport. Flew in and out on Aer Lingus Heathrow service - inbound parked against and airbridge outbound no airbridge but it was a lovely day!

(Saudi Arabia)

Lovely new spacious Terminal building but needs some atmosphere. Also need to return Rome to their departures listing. Airbridges would be useful as most of the times I've been through there it's raining and passengers get wet walking the tarmac to the terminal building then no lift to the next level only stairs.

Cork Airport customer review

Airport is great for tourist travel but poor for business. No fast track through security. Business lounge is small and poorly kept (dirty drinking glasses poor availability of food dirty tables). That's a pity as otherwise airport is great.

Cork Airport customer review

Cork airport is a new modern building. I had no lost baggage. I flew with Aer Lingus. Airport has nice catering with cafes and shops. The loop is very nice. Easy accessible parking.

Cork Airport customer review

Nice airy new building spoilt by lack of airside facilities. No airbridge no hot food no water fountain. Free wi-fi though.