Top 100 Airlines

Copenhagen Airport

"bad seating"

(Denmark)

It is perfectly true about the bad seating. I always used to sit on a small row of seats just before the passport control for non-Schengen flights while waiting for my flight to Asia. Then I found they had been removed - not to make way for anything else, there was just an empty space. This must be a cynical attemt to make passengers go to a place where they can buy food and drink (at exorbitant prices) if they feel a need to sit down. Totally unacceptable, so I try to avoid this airport.
Date VisitMay 2016

"airport has really gone downhill"

Have been travelling through Copenhagen roughly once a month since early 2009 and have seen many changes over that time. Ask me 6 months ago how I'd rate it and it would be around a 7/10 - room for improvement, but overall OK. In the past two months it has deteriorated dramatically. The "queues" for security have suddenly exploded. In fact it's more like a football crowd filling the whole approach area to security. I though it was bad two visits ago when the crowd stretched the entire length of the corridor, but last time the queue filled the landing of the entrance foyer before you even got to the corridor. Once is understandable, but twice makes me wonder. On top of that, having almost been delayed past the gate closure time, passport control was not manned. I could see my flight boarding and was made to wait until an official deigned to let me through. This airport has really gone downhill. And the worst is the banners in the security hall proclaiming CPH security to be the best. Possibly the worst, but certainly not the best.

"lack of public seating"

(Japan)

Great dining options. Carts available for free everywhere. Beautiful interiors and good shopping. Way too long time waiting for luggage at the caroussel. Unbelievably smelly and uncleaned toilets. Strange place to save money. Lack of public seating and resting area. You almost have to buy something to have access to sit down. Lack of free unlimited wifi.

"appalling security processing"

Appalling security processing at Copenhagen airport, biggest queue I have ever experienced. The line stretched outside the main processing area and we waited for over 45 minutes - atrocious, ruined my experience of Copenhagen and Denmark. Also stopped me spending money in the duty free shopping.
Date VisitApril 2016

"one of the slowest airports"

(Sweden)

Copenhagen Airport must be one of the slowest airports in the world when it comes to unloading lugguage. I travel a lot with work and this is always an annoyance - missing connecting trains etc. Lazy and arrogant towards travellers time is what it is.
Date VisitApril 2016

"minimalistic decor and modern"

What a fantastic airport. Clean, minimalistic decor and modern. I have flown into and out of many different airports in the world and Copenhagen beats them all. All security checks were open on departure. It has the friendliest staff and always happy to help. Ok, they don't ask you how you are, but then no one does in Europe, which is a huge relief. On Arrival I waited 2 minutes to have my passport checked as all the booths were open. Catching the metro from the airport to the city, what a convenience and only 35 kroner one way. That is $7 Australian dollars. Can't beat that.
Date VisitAugust 2015

"awful seating"

Good selection of shops but awful seating and too few custom officers on arrivals. For departures, get the feeling they don't want you seated because you are not spending. Our flight was delayed by 3 hours and, apart from Berlin Airport, Copenhagen must be one of the worst airports I have experienced. Eventually we had to find a seat in a cold corridor as the very limited seating was all taken. The airport was the unfortunate cherry on the top of an average and sterile city and unlikely to return.

"great variety of shops"

This airport is a nice airport, it was clean and they had a great variety of shops and plenty of options for food. The F gates are miles away from where you enter the airport and there is nobody around to offer help. If you dont have full mobility to walk the miles to the gate, took me fifteen minutes to walk it. Once you go through passport control at the F gates you have not got anything to do, no coffee shops or places to get food just a vending machine and a 2 hour wait for your flight. Would like to see more options available that side once your through passport control.

"easy to follow signs"

(Denmark)

I arrived from Tegel airport in Berlin where everything is inconvenient. When I got to Copenhagen airport it was the complete opposite. Bright, easy to follow signs and lots of seating. I have back issues and I had a hard time walking properly. When I got to security, they saw me coming, they made way for me immediately and let me through without a wait. They helped me with the box and kindly getting my jacket off. They were smiling and talking with the other travellers who also seemed at ease (which is not something you see at airport security) and was certainly not the case in Tegel. I have travelled to a lot of airports in my life, and I have to say Copenhagen has got to be one of the best with free wifi and great seating.

"total lack of seating"

Travelling through the airport was reasonable, although easyjet departures are as usual located a long way from check-in. That is something we've come to expect. However, what was unexpected is the almost total lack of seating for passengers. Currently sitting on the floor at gate F with an hour to wait before take-off. Come on Copenhagen get organised - your airport is letting you down.
Date VisitFebruary 2016