Copenhagen Airport

"one of the most degrading experiences"

Not Verified | I flew from Kastrup yesterday with my two young daughters and have to write about the way I was spoken and treated by one of the airport security staff. The way I was spoken to by that man, I have to say is one of the most degrading experiences I have had in a long time. Many travellers can feel under pressure and stressed (especially when traveling alone with young children) and in our case we were so late (traffic jam) that we risked missing our flight entirely, which didn’t help my stress! The last thing a person in that situation needs to be, is spoken to as if you were a child and made to walk extra distances with two crying kids and numerous bags because we initially queued at the wrong security gate at first (Copenhagen airport doesn’t allow prams past baggage check in). I can see that Kastrup Airport has more online reviews about staff who speak down to travelers and conclude that it is either this one man who is on a wild power trip or the staff are trained to treat people in an unkind and belittling manner! It's embarrassing that this is one of the last impressions that many travelers get from Denmark. My parting experience was certainly not a 'wondeful' one.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"efficient, clean and easy"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Copenhagen airport is efficient, clean and easy to find your way around in. There are many fine shops and restaurants, which allows you to kill the waiting time. On the negative side, the prices for food/beverages are fairly high, whilst the employees in the security lines could be more polite and friendly.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"staff is hostile and unfriendly"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | This is among the worst experiences I've had in an airport. I'm slightly handicapped which is not at all catered to. The security has no special line or assistance for people like me who have a hard time walking / standing and took a long time. Agony! After a 12 hour trip home from Toronto via Iceland then off to Bornholm where I live, I needed a comfortable place to sit and wait for 3 hours but no such luck in this horribly chaotic and uncomfortable airport where the seating is nearly impossible to find, extremely uncomfortable and no where to stretch out my throbbing body. To top it all off, the airport staff is hostile and unfriendly. Copenhagen airport used to be wonderful. Not anymore! This airport should be ashamed. Overpriced and unorganised. Not enough staff and the ones there were were horrible.

"Expensive, uncomfortable, unfriendly"

(Denmark)

Unverified | This airport used to be known for its elegance, comfort andfriendliness. Not anymore! Expensive, uncomfortable, unfriendly, chaotic, maddening, and extremely frustrating are the best ways to describe this horrible airport. No where to lay down between long lay overs, no where to get comfortable and severely rude over tired attendants at the service desks. I'm handicapped at times and there is not even a special line at the security check for people with disabilities. Ridiculous. This airport is almost worse than Tegel airport in Berlin which is really bad!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"security staff are incredibly rude"

Verified Review | The airport itself is pretty decent, not the best but a overall pleasant place to kill time while waiting for a flight, with friendly shop staff, gift shops and all the basic things you would expect of a European international airport. There is one problem that bugs me every time I use this airport though. I use this airport quite frequently, at least once a year to visit my partners family in Sweden and I am not joking, the security staff are incredibly rude, borderline hostile. Every time I have used this airport I have been spoken to like a child being told off for not being 101% on the ball. Example one: Harassed over the weight of hand luggage at x-ray machine when bag was not just under the weight limit, but 4kg underweight. Security lady wasted our time lecturing us like children over how the case could fall from the overhead locker and hurt someone. Was holding us up to the point I thought we were going to miss our flight, and didn't let us go until I snapped at her and asked her if she wanted me to get the TOS up on my phone and read them to her. Example two: Making my way through the x-ray area, Muslim couple ahead of me in the queue being spoken to in English quite abruptly over their lack of understanding of what you can and can not take on the plane (bottled water). Comes to my turn to put my stuff on the conveyor and she immediately begins to engage me in Danish, which I do not understand very well. I mistook what she said and her body language for "go on through" to which she stopped me and said in a condescending manner "listen to me when I am talking to you!" then began harassing my girlfriend over the simple mistake of putting her Kindle in the same tray as her backpack, instead of a separate tray. She then felt the need to lecture us on why fluids needed to be put into a sealed plastic bag even though she could clearly see in the tray in front of her that the only liquids we had (nasal spray) was already sealed in zip lock bag, completely wasting our time. I have transitioned through many airports in my life and made many a simple mistake while passing through security, forgetting to take off a watch etc and for the most part you are forgiven, even during peak hours. But at Kastrup make the tiniest mistake of misunderstanding someone or positioning an item to close to another in the tray and prepare to be told off like a school boy with firecrackers.

"very very expensive"

Verified Review | Chaos! Nowhere to stretch out, very very expensive and as for the Danes, rude, arrogant and not at all friendly. My advice to anyone using this airport is, if you can don’t come here, don’t buy anything, don’t expect to be met with the “famous” Danish hygge. It’s so expensive that there’s nothing under $3 US!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"Quick queues, easy to find places"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | This is an airport where I pass by very often, being the main hub of SAS. It is indeed the best airport in Scandinavia. Quick queues, easy to find places, good shopping and very nice food even if really expensive. The only negative are the toilets, not enough and not really clean sometimes. For the rest it is indeed a great airport, and it is usually a pleasure to travel to and from it or transit.

"airport was quite poor"

Verified Review | We transferred at the Copenhagen Airport with Norwegian Airlines and while there are plenty of shopping options the overall experience at the airport was quite poor. Very long wait at the security check due to only 4 lanes open. After passing the security check there is another line for the immigration once you proceed to your gate. However, we did not know that and walked to our gate a few minutes before boarding. Then we had to wait in line for the immigration for almost 20 mins. There were only two open counters for non-EU passports. No signs or warnings that this will be the case.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"most customer unfriendly airport"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | I have been to numerous international airports in EU, Asia to the US, but airport in Copenhagen in my view is definitely the most customer unfriendly international airport I have seen in my life. Most of the airport facilities are outdated (probably these were up-to-date in the mid-1990s), but most depressing is airport staff attitude to passengers. I travelled with 5 colleagues and all of us without an exception got an impression that most of the airport staff is convinced that they are going great favor to passengers when they fulfill their duties. This could be seen everywhere from priority check-in counter to security inspection. Probably the only exception was passport control where people acted as all other border guards in civilized countries. Check-in at priority counter was extremely slow, but security inspection topped it all. In my view security personal acted almost like prison guards, not very polite at best and rude at worst. I missed my priority lane and when discovered the mistake and decided to join my colleagues standing there security guard grabbed my hand and told me in rude manner that I should go to the beginning of the line. When I showed him my ticket and priority card and tried to explain him that I was standing in line as everyone else and now just want to go to priory lane where I should be and join my colleagues he didn't listen at all and just hissed that he did not care. All in all, I can't remember that I was treated like this in any other airport in the world, except for airport in Copenhagen.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"definitely has become a shopping centre"

Verified Review | The new location of the car rental is very inconvenient as you have to stand outside with kids in the rain waiting up to 20 min for a bus to take you to the car rental where there are no trolleys for the bags. Airside the airport has very limited seating, which is a significant problem when travelling with kids. Over 25 mins. queue in the security check and as always rude staff. If you are travelling outside the Schengen area you have to plan for a 10-15 min queue for passport control (EU-citizen, more if not) as the smart gate doesn't accommodate children as often aren't working. There are a lot of good shops and restaurants if you have any spare time/cash and CPH definitely has become a shopping centre with an airport and not the other way around.