Airline of the Year

Copenhagen Airport

"It's exceedingly dirty"

Verified Review | Not what I expected at all from Denmark. This is an airport with a very strange design that seemingly can't handle the large number of passengers it handles. It's exceedingly dirty, even in the Aviator lounge I spent time in. There's nowhere to sit, all the seats are taken and as a result there's people sitting on the floor. The passport check line was massive and slow both times I went through it, not enough officers checking passports. Everything is super expensive but that's Denmark. Overall I would connect through Paris or Frankfurt next time.
Date VisitJune 2017

"nice but expensive"

Verified Review | Overall my experience at Copenhagen airport was average. We had a transit time of around 2 hours. The airport was very well signposted and at no point did I get lost. The facilities were kept very clean and the airport showed no signs of wear and tear. We needed a place to eat and unfortunately this airport (in my opinion) does not offer a good variety of restaurants. I ended up eating in an Irish Bar. The service was slow and my food took around 20 minutes to come. It was also very expensive and not to a high standard. The airport shops I saw were very expensive and did not have a wide range of products. There were many seating areas especially around the gates, which also featured sockets and plugs. The airport did have free wifi, but this was not very responsive. As I only had a short connection, the fact that the wifi didn't really work was okay but the food situation was disappointing. On the whole the airport was nice but expensive.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"a long wait for baggage"

(Papua New Guinea)

On arrival from a Schengen country, everything was smooth except for a long wait for baggage. I arrived at the belt to see the signboard saying the bags would come in 24 minutes - so that was over 30 minutes from landing for the first bags and 40 minutes until I got mine. I thought Copenhagen had a fancy automated bagging handling system? I can't imagine what they do with the bags for that long. At least you can buy train tickets and other things in the baggage hall and there's free wifi. On departure to a Schengen country, self check-in and security were fast but then you get into a crowded terminal that forces you through shops. I had to search for 10 minutes to find somewhere to charge a phone and I was lucky there was a free seat near it. The wifi seemed to be overloaded by so many people and I couldn't use it.

"confusion reigns supreme"

Surprising how awful this airport is given the general orderliness of Denmark. Nowhere to sit in departures, passengers and crowds blocking traffic due to long queues, lack of clear signage in departures, confusion reigns supreme and no assistance from staff. The girl at 7-11 was actually the most helpful. Wifi good though!
Date VisitMay 2017

"a complete disaster at passport control"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Once again a complete disaster at passport control. No staff at hand to assist in the queue that filled the gate area. Too few people in the border control, no capacity in border control to handle large airplanes from non-eu destinations, no e-gates to handle Airbus A380 arrivals (they have them to handle small airplanes). People even fainted in the queue but no assistance was available. This is not a service worthy of a civilized and developed country.

"family unfriendly airport"

Verified Review | Copenhagen is a very family unfriendly airport. Made our family life really hard. No family security line. We have to stand 10 minutes in common queue with two infants. They ask us to unfold pram ourselves and overall hold us for 15 minutes without any help checking our hand language. Airport is interested only in shopping space. It is hard to go to the gate without queuing and waiting for people who shop.
Date VisitApril 2017

"it's too busy and very tired"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Copenhagen Airport used to be a favourite. Calm and efficient. They waited way to long for gradual upgrades and now it's too busy and very tired with a major overhaul happening. Worse is that rental has been moved so far away that it's only reachable by a bus that has hardly enough space for luggage and goes every 10 mins at peak hours. Not happy.
Date VisitApril 2017

"coffee pleasant though expensive"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Copenhagen Airport is a busy, vibrant airport with lots of shopping and eating opportunities. On previous occasions I've felt really bothered with numerous driving vehichles (different kinds of airport staff using the somewhat crowded transit area as a highway), but it didn't really bother me this time. Hopefully they've moved this traffic to a different level. Transfer from domestic to international flights have become very smooth - and a stopover at Lagkagehuset for a Skagen Roll with coffee was a pleasant (though expensive) experience as always.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"baggage reclaim took an unacceptably long time"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | The arrival gates and facilities at Copenhagen are nicely designed and built and give a stylish impression of Copenhagen as you land. The immigration control today was well staffed and consequently able to cope with the several planes that had arrived close to us. The baggage reclaim experience unfortunately let the rest of the arrival experience down. Baggage reclaim took an unacceptably long time for some reason, with one or two containers' baggage showing up on the belt first and then the remainder of the plane's hold appearing around 20mins later. Once suitcases have been collected then we had to contend with another wait at the oversize collection. Overall, nowhere near the efficient experience we had at other major airports visited on our trip to Asia.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"a horrible way to end a lovely trip to Denmark"

Verified Review | Having had a lovely time in Copenhagen I was expecting a good farewell from this clean, small airport however I was so very wrong. The customer service from the staff at bag security check was beyond appalling. They were shouting, rude and dismissive before even going through the scanner. There then was something wrong with my bag, I nodded when asked if the bag belonged to me and the man proceeded to shout at me 'open your mouth and use language' in an unnecessarily aggressive tone. He was extremely rude and intimidating. This continued in to departures when other security check staff were very rude. I am a young woman who is a regular flyer and I have never experienced such rudeness in an airport. This was a horrible way to end a lovely trip to Denmark.
Date VisitJanuary 2017