Copenhagen Airport

"airport was quite poor"

Verified Review | We transferred at the Copenhagen Airport with Norwegian Airlines and while there are plenty of shopping options the overall experience at the airport was quite poor. Very long wait at the security check due to only 4 lanes open. After passing the security check there is another line for the immigration once you proceed to your gate. However, we did not know that and walked to our gate a few minutes before boarding. Then we had to wait in line for the immigration for almost 20 mins. There were only two open counters for non-EU passports. No signs or warnings that this will be the case.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"most customer unfriendly airport"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | I have been to numerous international airports in EU, Asia to the US, but airport in Copenhagen in my view is definitely the most customer unfriendly international airport I have seen in my life. Most of the airport facilities are outdated (probably these were up-to-date in the mid-1990s), but most depressing is airport staff attitude to passengers. I travelled with 5 colleagues and all of us without an exception got an impression that most of the airport staff is convinced that they are going great favor to passengers when they fulfill their duties. This could be seen everywhere from priority check-in counter to security inspection. Probably the only exception was passport control where people acted as all other border guards in civilized countries. Check-in at priority counter was extremely slow, but security inspection topped it all. In my view security personal acted almost like prison guards, not very polite at best and rude at worst. I missed my priority lane and when discovered the mistake and decided to join my colleagues standing there security guard grabbed my hand and told me in rude manner that I should go to the beginning of the line. When I showed him my ticket and priority card and tried to explain him that I was standing in line as everyone else and now just want to go to priory lane where I should be and join my colleagues he didn't listen at all and just hissed that he did not care. All in all, I can't remember that I was treated like this in any other airport in the world, except for airport in Copenhagen.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"definitely has become a shopping centre"

Verified Review | The new location of the car rental is very inconvenient as you have to stand outside with kids in the rain waiting up to 20 min for a bus to take you to the car rental where there are no trolleys for the bags. Airside the airport has very limited seating, which is a significant problem when travelling with kids. Over 25 mins. queue in the security check and as always rude staff. If you are travelling outside the Schengen area you have to plan for a 10-15 min queue for passport control (EU-citizen, more if not) as the smart gate doesn't accommodate children as often aren't working. There are a lot of good shops and restaurants if you have any spare time/cash and CPH definitely has become a shopping centre with an airport and not the other way around.

"very limited seating"

Verified Review | Poor Airline signage, very limited seating, few toilets and not clean. Food and drinks off the scale expensive! No staff around, the one I did manage to talk to rolled his eyes upwards as I approached him. Passport control actually at / near the gate which for EasyJet was about 1/4 mile away from the main terminal area. This is the worst airport in a developed country I have ever been through.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"Lack of seating in most areas"

(Finland)

Verified Review | Total lack of charging sockets for mobile devices, the only ones available are placed low on the floor in the toilet corridor. In general, the corridors are too narrow for the current passenger volume. Lack of seating in most areas of the terminal. Restaurants and shops are too expensive to be used.0

"very little seating"

Unverified | As with a lot of airports currently, the focus seems to be on shopping and overpriced restaurants but the amount of space given to these in Copenhagen means that there is very little seating which I think is hugely disappointing. I'm all for great security checks but it seemed to me to be utter nonsense that my slightly blue liquids bag was deemed to be wrong even though it had passed perfectly well through other airports security checks. Utterly stupidly they passed it through the X ray scanner pulled it aside afterwards and made me change it and put it straight into my suitcase and then onto the plane - how illogical is that? I didn't think the signage was great either.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"I have never been in an airport like this"

Verified Review | Some of the gates in this airport are in the middle of shops and restaurants, where people sit in front of the gate and thousands gather around. So I missed my flight basically by standing in front of the gates and waiting for the call. Apparently they called on the radio which in this mess and noise around you can't hear. No other signs from the staff that the flight was about to close. I have never been in an airport like this. I spent all night inside the airport waiting for another booked flight, in the morning I was looking for somebody to ask information, apparently there was nobody to answer my questions until the gates were opened.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"prices are eye watering"

Verified Review | Copenhagen airport has a lot of stuff to do, and transit is fairly easy. There is one glaring exception, however: when transferring from a non-Schengen to a Schengen destination (or vice versa), it is necessary to go through passport control. It occurs in the middle of a concourse, with no line markers or dividers. Huge queues (well, masses, really) form, interfering with people trying to visit shops and restaurants and such. Really disastrous. The only place that I've seen that is worse is Stockholm's Arlanda airport. What are they thinking? There are a lot of food options, but the prices are eye watering.
Date VisitJune 2017

"It's exceedingly dirty"

Verified Review | Not what I expected at all from Denmark. This is an airport with a very strange design that seemingly can't handle the large number of passengers it handles. It's exceedingly dirty, even in the Aviator lounge I spent time in. There's nowhere to sit, all the seats are taken and as a result there's people sitting on the floor. The passport check line was massive and slow both times I went through it, not enough officers checking passports. Everything is super expensive but that's Denmark. Overall I would connect through Paris or Frankfurt next time.
Date VisitJune 2017

"nice but expensive"

Verified Review | Overall my experience at Copenhagen airport was average. We had a transit time of around 2 hours. The airport was very well signposted and at no point did I get lost. The facilities were kept very clean and the airport showed no signs of wear and tear. We needed a place to eat and unfortunately this airport (in my opinion) does not offer a good variety of restaurants. I ended up eating in an Irish Bar. The service was slow and my food took around 20 minutes to come. It was also very expensive and not to a high standard. The airport shops I saw were very expensive and did not have a wide range of products. There were many seating areas especially around the gates, which also featured sockets and plugs. The airport did have free wifi, but this was not very responsive. As I only had a short connection, the fact that the wifi didn't really work was okay but the food situation was disappointing. On the whole the airport was nice but expensive.
Date VisitJuly 2016