Top 100 Airlines

Copenhagen Airport

"shabby, tired and disorganised"

(Iceland)

I have travelled a lot and been to most major airports around the world and this would be the most disappointing, It is very noisy, the toilets are disgusting, very little seating for the amount of people and staff at security very abrupt and in some cases downright rude. Everywhere was shambolic, poor signs must be very confusing for non Danish or new travellers. Its a big airport with a lot of walking involved, even though its big its very cramped. Shabby, tired and disorganised.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"not nearly enough gates open"

Arrival: passport control was fast, but the wait for the luggage took well over twenty minutes. Departure: reasonable check-in procedures, mostly automated, but security was disorganised - not nearly enough gates open, even for a Sunday morning. Not nearly enough shops in the non-Shengen area. Also - good Metro and rail connections into the city, but don't bother with the daily zonal passes as the airport is too far out (four zones, most of the city is within two zones). Better to get a straight return ticket (DKK72).
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"Truly awful"

Worst experience of an airport for a long time. Over an hour for customs clearance almost missed the flight. I guess a lot of people did as there were a lot of empty seats onboard. Apparently they knew about the delays due to an extra unscheduled flight. This should not happen in a modern airport. Truly awful.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"lots of people sitting on the floor"

Verified Review | Strange layout with line for security over arrivals. Not enough seats for passengers waiting to board flights. Lots of people sitting on the floor. The small baggage carts whilst helpful were not picked up efficiently, and were scattered at gates impairing access. Expensive food and drinks at some outlets, so shop around. WiFi is free but keeps disconnecting.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"increasing problem in security check queues"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Copenhagen airport is having an increasing problem in security check queues. They also take no responsibility for it and ignore the problem when replying to complaints by stating that there were no breaches in their 20 min waiting time policy agreed with the airlines. I spent more than an hour in their security check queue during the time when they expect low traffic. They worked at 40% capacity and continued to close checkpoints instead of opening new ones, even though the queues kept growing. Staff were also not willing to assist in that situation. Copenhagen airport will increase your travel time so do arrive earlier, and enjoy the irony of spending more time at the airport than you will spend in the airplane. Facilities (food, shopping) at the airport aren't bad and it is not difficult to find your way, but all this will be irrelevant when you miss your flight because of the absurd waiting time. Airport is well connected with the Copenhagen public transportation.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"will try to avoid under all circumstances"

Verified Review | I travelled from Copenhagen to Berlin. It is not my first flight in or out of CPH. I consider the employees there exceptionally rude, but this time it was a new level. I am mobility impaired and need wheelchair service at larger airports to get me from check-in to the gate. The trouble stared at security, which in a bad airport is the worst part. I can walk a few steps so in order to speed things up I offered to walk through the detector. Despite having removed every part of metal the detector beeped. A female security agent asked me step in front of something that looked like a large TV. On the floor was a plate and on it a painted circle a little larger than a soccer ball. The agent asked me to raise my arms and turn on my own on this little plate. I told her in my condition this was hardly possible since I can only make very small steps. Also, equilibrum is an issue. She demanded that I do as instructed. I tried but it was a very wobbly affair. She told me that the results were unreadable and demanded to do that again. I asked her if she was joking. No avail, I had to do this again. Of course again the results were not usable, at which point she just patted me down and tested for explosives. Since the security control was very full, I felt like a circus bear on a leash made to dance. I travel a lot and travelling with disabilities is never easy, but I have never been treated like this. It was degrading, demeaning and disrespectful to a person with mobility issues. I don't mind body scanners, but this type will be a challenge to everyone who is not completely surefooted. I will try to avoid Copenhagen airport under all circumstances.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"security staff were nice and helpful"

(Finland)

Copenhagen is the best airport experience I have had. Everything went so well and the queues were well organized. There was even a screen giving the queue time for security. In every corner there were staff pointing where to go and the biggest plus were the security staff who were so nice, smiling and helpful.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"appalling organisation of luggage reclaim"

Appalling organisation of luggage reclaim. Stray bags and crates stacked up with bags unsupervised all over the luggage hall. This airport can clearly not facilitate luggage reclaim with the amount of incoming flights. The baggage conveyers and systems need updating to be made much more efficient. Bags were delayed for over 45 minutes, not acceptable.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"ended up running for my flight"

I wish I had read these reviews before flying out of Copenhagen. I checked in online and showed up with no luggage an hour before the 07.15 am. flight to London on a Sunday. There must have been hundreds of people in the queue for security. I got through that and then encountered a 100+ queue for immigration. I ended up running for my flight.

"unmoving queues"

Seating in main departure lounge out of sight of departure boards. Unmoving queues for passport control. Then several hundred people waiting outside the departure lounge sitting on the floor for 45 minutes with no information. This was for a Norwegian airline flight to London. The man who turned up blamed his slow computer, the 'silent' airport, Norwegian airlines and us, for coming to the gate. When we said the sign had told us to proceed to the gate. He said, 'That's not possible.' At no time did he say sorry. Tired after a long working day. Not appropriate behaviour.