Best Cabin Crew

Cleveland Airport

"fails in every way"

Horrible security lines and set up. Terminals with zero convenient grab and go food options (plan on walking all the way back to security), it's dirty, terrible signage, inconvenient rental car location and shuttle pick up location, rude check in agents and limited parking. This airport fails in every way possible.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"long, packed security lines"

Start off by experiencing long, packed security lines. Every single time you fly out of this airport, day or night. Then walk down the dated concourse where the bathroom cleanliness is lacking. When you need to pick someone up from this airport you can expect to be greeted by rude Cleveland Police Officers who walk up and down the pickup area with a ticket book in their hand, waiting for you to stay too long in the pick up area. I had one banging on my window yelling me to move my car. Haven't seen another airport where police officers or staff act like this. What a terrible and depressing all around experience at this airport.
Date VisitOctober 2015

Cleveland Airport customer review

The security checkpoint setup in the main terminal is terrible. Congested too few lanes waits that require you to stand on steps. I flew through CLE two years ago and I thought then I hit the occasional bad day. Flew through yesterday was worse though not really that busy. What was really disappointing is that nothing has been done in two years to improve the situation. It's way past the time knowing these security stations are going to be a permanent requirement so Airport mgt needs to step up and get some over due renovations done. In addition the restrooms in concourse A are undersized narrow halls to get into then way too small with too few facilities. The rest rooms and security the Airport can do something about. The last comment has to do with the location of the car rental facility. Common sense would have had the facility as close to the airport as possible for customer convenience along the main road but no site selection put the at the end of a dead end street the bus passing empty acreage which would have been much more convenient.

Cleveland Airport customer review

TSA was very slow during Saturday the 9th of March - took over an hour to process us through the inspection - we made our flight by 1 minute. Spoke with TSA - I do not fly much and I did not think they were very helpful and only rude with their comments. Cleveland Airport were not prepared for the spring break travelers. The inspectors that allow you back into the country were slow - not enough agents on duty. My trip was nice except for Cleveland Airport.
Airport Shopping N/A

Cleveland Airport customer review

Great airport! I stopped for a layover from LAX. What a difference! LAX charged $9 for a vending machine style packaged sandwich. At Cleveland I was able to get a Subway 6 inch with an orange juice for $6.39. The airport stores were all reasonably priced whereas LAX charges about 3x the average price. I was also able to get a massage while waiting for my connection. The place is clean easy to use and the people were friendly.

Cleveland Airport customer review

Nothing fancy but perfectly adequate airport. Easy transit from plane to well-labeled red line train to downtown. Easy check-in at kiosk and quick security (I should note I was flying Delta and not local hub carrier Continental which may account for short lines). Seating area at gate was full but I was able to find a seat.

Cleveland Airport customer review

A nice moderate size airport that is easy to get around and make connections. Good experience in getting bags transferred even with short turn around. VERY unfriendly to travellers with laptops phones etc. that need a charge. Just try to find a plug. Very few available. CLE is VERY behind the times and non-user friendly for electronics.

Cleveland Airport customer review

I connected at CLE whilst travelling on CO from Toronto to Kansas City. Cleveland is a great place to transfer - it is not too crowded as most planes are regional jets it doesn't have the same volume as EWR or ORD it has a great selection of destinations and it is bright and clean. There is a good selection of restaurants and cafes and the bathrooms are clean. I bet winter isn't too kind to CLE but as long as snow is not on the forecast I wouldn't hesitate to transfer in CLE again.

Cleveland Airport customer review

I don't mind the airport everything is fairly easy to navigate except trying to return my rental car. Every time I have been here I find a new way to get lost trying to find the rental car area. They could put up some better signs to direct traffic. I don't think it should take 40 minutes to go from a hotel 2 miles away to the rental car area.

Cleveland Airport customer review

Great mid-sized airport. Lots of direct flights across the US with no significant waits for check- in or security (longest I have waited is probably 10 minutes); easy baggage claim and taxi/train service. Recent restaurant and amenities upgrades have made airport very reasonable during waits. Very relaxing environment and friendly people. Challenge is limited number of European destinations.