Top 100 Airlines

Chicago O'Hare Airport

"it was horrible"

It took us over an hour to get through customs at O’Hare last week. I don’t know if it’s always like that or if we just had bad timing, but it was horrible. Long line to get to a kiosk where you scan your passport and print out a receipt. Then another long line to show that receipt to a customs agent. Then to the luggage pickup area to get your bag and wait in yet another long line to give that receipt to another agent before you can exit the airport. Nobody even collected our landing cards that you have to fill out on the plane declaring any foreign goods. And we have U.S. passports so we were in the quick lines. The global entry lines were even longer. I don’t know what people trying to make connecting flights were doing; I would’ve been freaking out. Everyone was confused and getting in the wrong lines and budging ahead of people and having trouble at the kiosks. Also, while I’m complaining, there are no signs or timetables for catching buses to connecting cities.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"queuing systems seemed to work perfectly"

(Austria)

Verified Review | I arrived at Chicago O'Hare Airport on time from an international flight and it took me 15 minutes to leave the plane and to pass immigration as well as customs. The queuing systems seemed to work perfectly efficiently and the newly introduced one-stop-priciple for passengers travelling with handluggage only did a great job. In addition, the train service at this airport is great although there is no airside link between the terminals avialable. My general impression of terminals 5 and 1 was that they were very clean. Moreover, the variety of shops, restaurants and cafés cover a broad range of tastes and they are a gorgeous option to shorten the waiting time.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"very busy and quite dated"

This is a very busy and quite dated airport. There is not much variety in shops, other than the usual suspects. I suppose it has ample seating areas and plenty of sockets to charge your phone, but it really could do with a massive face lift and upgrading. It is not an airport in which I would love to spend many hours in. Security was fairly quick. Quite dire signage when it came to finding the directions for the Blue Line trains into central Chicago. Clearly in the US, people do not use public transport.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"no more Chicago O'Hare layovers"

The worst customer service across the board at Chicago O'Hare airport. These people are disgruntled and seem to take it out on every single customer they encounter. The PA announcement system is an inaudible jumble and the fact that 2 gates side by side speak at the same time is outrageous. The buckets all over the walkways to catch rain was bad enough but the phone charging stations being broken took the cake. No more Chicago O'Hare layovers for this family.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"hard to navigate through it"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | 6th June. This airport was very crowded, and it was hard to navigate through it. It was also strange that I had to pass through security control again since I had to move from a domestic terminal to the international terminal. The queues were indeed very long and time consuming. However, when passing through finally, it showed up to be efficient with modern scanners that accepted to just put the bag through without having to put out computer and liquids apart from the bag. That system is well recommended in all Airports so the security checks can be more efficient. The worst thing is that it was not so easy to navigate and it was so crowded. It was quite clean, but it could be a bit better. I can however recommend the Airport since they actually do their best in their situation anyway.
Date VisitJune 2016

"a terribly mismanaged airport"

I have travelled through this airport for over 2 years. For the first year and a half I travelled through here every single week. There was probably 1 occasion when the flight departed on time. There is always a delay no matter where your destination is. This is a terribly mismanaged airport. Unfortunately I dont have any other options. The best I can do is write this review while I wait for another hour because of a delayed flight
Date VisitJuly 2016

"definitely gives a bad impression"

I have done a lot of traveling, and this is quite possibly the worst airport I have visited. The people at Customs were extremely rude and unhelpful. One lady rolled her eyes when we asked for help, not to mention she directed us to the wrong line (which was closed). When we were notified by the check-in machine to get help from the staff, they responded rudely and refused to help us, so we were basically on our own. We ended up getting better help from other passengers than the staff. Considering many of the passengers were foreigners who were visiting the US for the first time, it definitely gives a bad impression and does not paint the country in a good light at all. This was my first visit to Chicago, and I'm definitely never going back again.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"quite pleased overall"

I flew into Chicago O'Hare last week from RDU on my way back home to Alaska. I was flying on United and I must admit I was quite pleased overall with their open concourse. It had plenty of natural light and gave off a pleasant vibe, at least to me. There seemed to be enough seats for those waiting for the numerous flights going to who knows where and folks appeared to be in decent spirits. I did not have to go through TSA as I was passing through and that was fine with me. I had to go through that hell on earth some months back. Anyhow, all in all it was more than nice - decent food spots to chose from too. I look forward to this part of the airport in the future.
Date VisitJune 2016

"plenty of options for food and shopping"

As a frequent flyer I have been to many airports. My last experience at this airport was in May. I flew out of terminal 1 on a United 777-200 to Frankfurt. Terminal One is excellent compared to T5. The staff are helpful, but can come across as rude. The bathrooms are very clean, compared to other US airports. The security lines are far too long. They take quite a long time and the people who check your documents before you proceed to security are rude. Inside the terminal, there are plenty of options for food and shopping and the concourses in the terminal are well connected by a beautiful underground path. Overall T1 at ORD is quite good and beats T5 and T3 any day.
Date VisitMay 2016

"total chaos, with no organization"

This review concerns Terminal 5. By far the worst experience I have had in any airport anywhere in the world. I arrived three hours prior to my flight on Turkish Airlines. The security line was weaving in an unorganized fashion from the security entrance at the center of the Terminal to the very edge of the Terminal (where Turkish airlines is). At the center of the terminal, there was total chaos, with no organization or clear path to get through security. The lines disappeared and people were angry and pushing. TSA officials did nothing to organize these lines, and representatives from the airlines had to scream and shout to get passengers through. The TSA staff were rude and unprofessional in addition to being slow and incompetent. You would hope we could do better. What a horrible impression for all of those international tourists leaving Chicago.
Date VisitMay 2016