Chicago O'Hare Airport

"very far with no moving walkways"

Not Verified | Experience was ok. Because of delay at Rapid City Regional, I was late but the man at the desk quickly informed me I would have no trouble catching my flight to Madrid if I made my way quickly to the departing gate. Distance to the gate was very far with no moving walkways. Turns out I had plenty of time. Flight was delayed for over an hour.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"garbage over flowing everywhere"

Trip Verified | We are sitting in front of McDonals in terminal L. There is garbage over flowing everywhere, all of the tables are disgusting and dirty. I see no one cleaning in the vicinity. Why treat customers this way? Have the food places clean the charging tables and other tables throughout the terminals as people are using the tables to eat their food. Have a cleaning person dedicated to specific areas so that it stays clean.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"why cant the staff be understanding"

Trip Verified | My flight was cancelled due to weather, which I understand is not anyone's fault. So considering how understanding I was, especially in comparison to other very unhappy people. So you can imagine how upset I became when I was berated for moving a cot 3 ft into darker lighting. I was not aware this was a rule. I apologized and moved it back. Even after that I was harassed by the same staff member for not moving it back "right". Look, I was understanding about being stuck on a cot here after purchasing a 400 dollar ticket so why cant the staff be understanding and accommodating to me as well. It all just makes me never want to fly again.

"Understaffed and rude"

Not Verified | Understaffed and rude. I mised my connecting flight due to delay with previous flight as American Airlines had overbooked their flight. They try to provide Express support to people with short connecting flights but they failed miserably due to lack of coordination. The staff at the boarding counter were rude and laughing at the time they were telling me that I missed my flight. Then they started speaking to each other in Spanish in front of me. Very rude staff.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"too small for the volume of passengers"

Not Verified | Terminal 5 is simply not fit for purpose, security screening area is far too small for the volume of passengers. It took one hour 15 minutes to get through a tortuous winding and sweaty queue - one of my worst ever airport experiences. Once through the size and selection of the duty free shopping area is tiny - and the options on where to eat very limited and expensive. Chicago you can do way better than this.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"passes on phones not adequate for TSA approval"

Trip Verified | You can tell by looking at my boarding pass that I’m TSA approved. But I was patted down because I was wearing a skirt (that’s what the TSA officer said.) I’m a 60 year old lady, who just had knee surgery and I was quite embarrassed by the this. The officer was extremely kind but I do not understand why my boarding pass on my phone was not adequate for this situation. There should be at least signs indicating that boarding passes on phones are not adequate for using your TSA approval.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"lazy, and unhelpful staff"

Not Verified | Horrible, lazy, and unhelpful staff. So many open spaces where they could cut down the lines but they just lean against the wall, laugh and chat up with other security, and I even saw some sleeping on the job. After I asked 1 of the staff there for help on my gate number, they told me to google it and went back to leaning on the wall. I asked another one and they misdirected me to 2 different terminals before I finally found it on my own. They also were disrespectful and made jokes about us like " can you even see " and laughed about it with a co worker. I highly advise anyone that plans on a trip to steer clear of this airport.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"employees rude, unfriendly, and unhelpful"

Not Verified | Arrived from Phoenix on our way to Copenhagen. Signage is basically non-existent or useless in this airport, and it took forever just to find someone to ask where to go to catch our connection. Apparently information desks are only staffed when they feel like it. Probably the worst thing was the employees - rude, unfriendly, and unhelpful. My daughter kept saying, "can you imagine being from another country and trying to navigate this place?!" Oh, and don't come hungry if you need to travel overseas - everything in that terminal closes really early. I planned our trip so far in advance, and we were not supposed to transfer in Chicago, but unfortunately the airline changed our flight and we had to experience the hell that is O'Hare. Try very hard to avoid this airport!
Date VisitJune 2018

"lazy, rude, and disgruntled"

Not Verified | The first thing I noticed was that employees in every area were lazy, rude, and disgruntled. They leaned against walls and chatted about their social plans while ignoring travelers. I believe the employees may purposely misdirected you if you ask for help. They tell you to go in the opposite direction. The airport must be managed by the same types who run Chicago. Masses of travelers bottleneck at crucial checkpoints where clearly it needs to be staffed by several employees, only one or two employees check documents when hundreds of travelers are trying to move to connecting flights. I don’t recommend that you ask anyone for help because they will lie or treat you with terrible rudeness. The entire airport is filthy, covered in food debris and dirt. It’s a little piece of Hell.

"avoid this mess"

Trip Verified | Typical ORD experience late in by an hour delayed out twice so far, travelers have experienced two gate changes and I suspect the final act of uncaring rudeness will be a cancelation. Take my advise - and I know this is hard too do - avoid this mess. Yes it's worth driving to alternative airports, yes it's worth timing headaches. Do not fly through this aeronautical gyer.
Date VisitJune 2018