Vote Now

Charlotte Airport

"the wheelchair was not there"

Verified Review | I requested medical equipment because I have a brace on My leg. When I landed, the wheelchair was not there and waiting. I waited for a good 15 minutes for the person that was supposed to get me with the chair and get me to my next gate to board the next flight. I attempted to exit the plane not being able to bend my leg, hobbled to the door in the rain to finally get the help! When the person got me to my gate he said Sorry, you missed the flight. I got an apology and was told that they apologized for being short staffed and received a discount voucher for a hotel, I asked for management and again was told about them being short staffed. By the time I got shuttled to the room I should have already been with my son in Kansas. I missed a night with him, had to pay for a room because of them being "short staffed" and was placed outside in the wheelchair in the freezing cold and rain! I was told that I needed to be outside so I didn't miss my shuttle! 45 minutes is how long it took! By the time I reached the room, my luggage was soaked, I hobbled to a vending machine because I was starving, showered, and got to sleep at 2am I had to be back up at 5, take a shuttle at 5.30, and be back at the airport by six. In fear of being short staffed again although the plane was scheduled to depart at 7.30am. Have sent 2 strongly worded complaints to the Airport and if I had a choice, I would rent a car, with my bad leg, and drive the 15 hour trip back home!
Date VisitApril 2017

"will not be flying out of Charlotte again"

Buyer beware: the airport's website will assure you that there is always ample parking for every flight, but when we arrived at the airport on the morning of our flight, every long-term lot was closed for construction. The daily parking lot was full as a result, leaving only "business valet" or hourly parking at a significantly higher cost. When we contacted the airport later to complain, they informed us that they were not responsible for our extra expenses because it was "our choice" to park or not - as though it was a valid option to miss our flight and sacrifice thousands of dollars in airfare. I will not be flying out of Charlotte again.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"airport is always extremely crowded"

Verified Review | I used to like this airport but I don't any longer. Some of the problems are not exactly with the airport itself. Traffic from where I live to and from the airport is bad almost all the time. Being a hub airport this airport is always extremely crowded and I found that the wifi in the airport the worst I have seen. There is also a lack of places to plug in electronic devices.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"the staff are absolutely awful"

Verified Review | Honestly, I fly out of CLT very often, as it is frequently the airport where I am forced to take my connecting flight. I say forced, because the staff are absolutely awful. The food service and cleaning personnel are the kindest people I have met, however the check in attendants are the most entitled staff I have ever dealt with. Each and every time I go here (4 times in the past 2 months), the customer service provided is absolutely awful, not taking the customer into consideration whatsoever. I was asked to check my bag, and when I questioned why (as the bag could clearly fit beneath the seat in front of me), the man says to me "because she said so." And had no sort of explanation to follow. Of course when I finally boarded there was enough room for my bag in more than a few overhead bins. I do not recommend this airport at all. The only reason I do is for the kindness I have received from every food service or cleaning crew member, once I thought I lost my phone in the bathroom and the woman in there cleaning was so willing and so kind enough to help me find it. I think this airport's staff need an update on how important customer service is to any business.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"poorly run and extremely inefficient"

Multiple TSA agents standing around with no apparent function while 6 agents handled three screening lines funneling through one of two scanners. Poorly run and extremely inefficient. There is much room for improvement with screening process. Airport also under construction.causing more problems.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"disappointing to see our airport like this"

There were no Christmas lights up. No cheeriness displayed. Construction mess everywhere. When you walk out from baggage area you walk into a cloud of cigarette smoke that hung in the air. After traveling from other airports this was rather disappointing to see our airport like this.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"40 minutes before my bag was checked"

This is the worst airport I've travelled through. We had a two hour turnaround to arrive from Cancun and catch connecting flight to Dublin. The plane was delayed for 30 minutes between landing and parking. Custom clearance was slow but efficient, as was collecting and putting through baggage. The real delay came at security X-ray scanning. The tray with my bag, sandals and triple sealed duty free bag went through the scanner and was put aside to be checked. Three trays were ahead of mine to be checked. It took 40 minutes before my bag was checked. Obviously staff did not know standard operating procedures regarding sealed duty free bags. There was no assistance, I was just told I had to wait. No manager in charge. The elderly man checking through the bags worked at a snail's pace, and despite my pleas did not ask for other security staff to assist. Absolutely disgraceful. I would have missed my connecting flight, only for my children waited at the departure gate and refused to board. The plane was 25 minute's delayed.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"seating is incredibly lacking"

Our flight arrived early from Dallas and then the pilot informed us the ground crew were not ready for us. We proceeded to sit on the tarmac for almost 40 minutes and missed our connecting flight to Cincinnati after racing from concourse C to concourse E with no help. Some moving walkways were broken down and could not be used. The agent at the gate then proceeded to rebook us on the next flight but failed to notice we had first class tickets so we had to go back and get that fixed however this new agent was very helpful. We then had to proceed to a new gate even farther out where gates are being shared by multiple flights and seating is incredibly lacking. This airport is a mess and needs a shakedown and complete makeover.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"cannot control traffic effectively"

Charlotte airport is poorly operated. The disorganization is clearly evident in regards to the high amount of delayed flights, which leads to tension and poor customer service. The tarmac crews cannot control traffic effectively. Our plane sat on the tarmac for 25 minutes waiting for the ground crew to simply clear access to the receiving gate. This tarmac delay caused the plane that arrived on time to force many passengers to miss connections. I hope to never travel through NC again.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"airport is so poorly run"

The worst organized airport in the US with the rudest staff. Every time I fly into this airport I am hopeful that I will have a good experience but it never happens. Never have I sat on the tarmac upon landing like I do here. Again missing a connection not because the plane was late but because the airport is so poorly run that we sit waiting for a gate for 40 minutes. Only to recieved zero compassion from the staff here and downright rude treatment. I will do everything I can to avoid this airport in the future.
Date VisitMay 2016