Top 100 Airlines

Charlotte Airport

"40 minutes before my bag was checked"

This is the worst airport I've travelled through. We had a two hour turnaround to arrive from Cancun and catch connecting flight to Dublin. The plane was delayed for 30 minutes between landing and parking. Custom clearance was slow but efficient, as was collecting and putting through baggage. The real delay came at security X-ray scanning. The tray with my bag, sandals and triple sealed duty free bag went through the scanner and was put aside to be checked. Three trays were ahead of mine to be checked. It took 40 minutes before my bag was checked. Obviously staff did not know standard operating procedures regarding sealed duty free bags. There was no assistance, I was just told I had to wait. No manager in charge. The elderly man checking through the bags worked at a snail's pace, and despite my pleas did not ask for other security staff to assist. Absolutely disgraceful. I would have missed my connecting flight, only for my children waited at the departure gate and refused to board. The plane was 25 minute's delayed.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"seating is incredibly lacking"

Our flight arrived early from Dallas and then the pilot informed us the ground crew were not ready for us. We proceeded to sit on the tarmac for almost 40 minutes and missed our connecting flight to Cincinnati after racing from concourse C to concourse E with no help. Some moving walkways were broken down and could not be used. The agent at the gate then proceeded to rebook us on the next flight but failed to notice we had first class tickets so we had to go back and get that fixed however this new agent was very helpful. We then had to proceed to a new gate even farther out where gates are being shared by multiple flights and seating is incredibly lacking. This airport is a mess and needs a shakedown and complete makeover.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"cannot control traffic effectively"

Charlotte airport is poorly operated. The disorganization is clearly evident in regards to the high amount of delayed flights, which leads to tension and poor customer service. The tarmac crews cannot control traffic effectively. Our plane sat on the tarmac for 25 minutes waiting for the ground crew to simply clear access to the receiving gate. This tarmac delay caused the plane that arrived on time to force many passengers to miss connections. I hope to never travel through NC again.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"airport is so poorly run"

The worst organized airport in the US with the rudest staff. Every time I fly into this airport I am hopeful that I will have a good experience but it never happens. Never have I sat on the tarmac upon landing like I do here. Again missing a connection not because the plane was late but because the airport is so poorly run that we sit waiting for a gate for 40 minutes. Only to recieved zero compassion from the staff here and downright rude treatment. I will do everything I can to avoid this airport in the future.
Date VisitMay 2016

"new favourite airport"

Probably my new favourite airport. I honestly was not expecting much after the American Airlines flight coming in from London and a 5 hour wait till my connecting flight to New Orleans but the border control was quick, the bags came quickly, the toilets were clean, there was a wide range of restaurants, I would recommend 1987 market. There was plenty of seatings areas, the staff were friendly and the WiFi was very simple and easy to connect to as well as being fast. I would definitly recommend the airport.

"courteous and helpful"

I was there for a connecting flight to Rochester NY, when the airport was closed because of heavy snow. The customer service staff at Charlotte were wonderful. They were all courteous and helpful at a time that must have been a nightmare for them.

"no help was offered"

Never again will I use this airport. On both flights, although they landed on time, we had to wait some 40 minutes before being allowed to park at the gates. Naturally, passengers who had connections missed their flights. No help was offered to them. I am no spring chicken, nevertheless I had to run like crazy to the other end of the airport in a desperate attempt to catch mine, and I was lucky they let me board just before the doors closed for take off. The return travel was even worse. The connecting flight which had supposedly departed when we debarked, had actually been postponed by 2 hours. Then it was advanced by 1 hour, but nobody told us. When I and other people returned at the gate that we had checked beforehand, it was empty and we were told that the advanced flight had just departed - from another gate. And there was no mention of any flight to our final destination on the departures screens. The rest is wacky: the plane had not been adequately fueled, so the advanced flight had not departed after all. We were allowed to run on the tarmac to climb the ladder to the plane, which eventually departed with considerable delay. Charlotte NC airport: never again.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"service is almost non-existent"

I live in Charlotte and fly out of this airport often. This airport has gone the way of the most government run agency's. The service is almost non-existent. Almost all of the airport employees I came into contact with were unhappy and had an attitude. The employees in the passenger pick up area were constantly screaming at people to get out of here. I believe that things have really gone downhill at our airport. It's embarrassing to have business colleagues and Friends come to town.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"clean, spacious and comfortable"

Overall an exceptionally pleasant experience. After two days of miserable airports and international travel, CLT was a dream. TSA checkpoints were my only complaint. The airport itself was clean, spacious and comfortable. So many options for food and shopping and every convenience for the modern traveler (good WiFi, water bottle filling station, charging station). The bathrooms were clean and stocked with complimentary travel necessities. Amazing how free mouthwash can make you feel human again after days of air travel. Given the option, I will always connect through CLT.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"everything closes at 10pm"

All I can say is if you have to be at Charlotte Airport at night you are screwed if you are hungry considering everything closes at 10pm and no one will give you any help even if you just want to grab something and go. So, never take a late flight at Charlotte unless you plan to pig out at your previous airport or house before you arrive. At 10.05pm when a restaurant still had about 10 people inside drinking away would not let us order one thing off the menu to go. Pathetic and really bad on the service end. And they all act like you have gotten on their last nerve, sorry my previous flight was delayed and I have just now to eat but that is not my fault either the delay is also your fault. So, will only be traveling through Charlotte airport during the day from here on out.
Date VisitOctober 2015