Cebu Airport

Review by (Australia)

To all you people complaining about the departure tax at Mactan airport. The reason the tax is charged is because unlike other country airports it is not included in your airplane ticket. Philippine overseas workers are exempt from paying the departure tax, so the only way to do this is not include it in the air ticket and make those travellers not exempt pay at the airport. The departure tax you pay at Mactan is no more than other countries, the difference is you don't see it, it is added in your ticket price.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Review by (Australia)

Used this airport 7 times in the last 3 years. Its a little dingy as a first impression. Its small and not enough seats and the seats available are metal and hard. The carpet needs replacing urgently. There are a couple of overpriced shops for gifts and food but nothing special. The route through from plane to outside is usually very quick and much less stressful than Manila. Departure tax was php550 and it was too much. I believe the amount has now increased substantially. At the end of this form it asks"would you recommend this Airport?" Of course, there is no other!
Date VisitMarch 2015

Review by (Turkey)

Cebu Mactan is one of the better airports I have used. The staff are pleasant in all situations that may arise and extremely helpful. I see derogatory comments on here about the cleanliness Cebu airport from English travelers, they should look at their own airports first before commenting, most airports in UK are filthy especially Heathrow. Cebu is one of the most pleasant travel experiences you could wish for after a long haul flight, or of course the beginning of one. I would agree there are a lack of restaurants but this is a comparatively small international airport that is gradually growing.
Date VisitJanuary 2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Review by (Australia)

An excellent experience, with alighting from the aircraft through immigration, collecting my bag and proceeding through customs to a taxi outside taking less than 15 minutes. The only downside is that relatives and friends are made to wait outside in what can be hot and (in the rainy season) humid conditions, rather than the airconditioned terminal. A contract has been awarded for a new international terminal so whether that construction adversely affects the existing terminals remains to be seen. Overall a great experience: if only Melbourne and Sydney in Australia were like this! Consider using Cebu for international arrivals and departures instead of Manila if at all possible with flight schedules.
Date VisitJune 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

Once again I arrived at the airport amazingly I love the fact that getting off the plane and picking up my luggage took approximately 10 minutes. Immigration is the same picking up the luggage is the same nothing has changed the sad thing is my partner has to wait outside the airport and isn't allow inside the airport. As I have mentioned before it is excellent to arrive. Now departures is an entirely different matter you have to go through two security checks pay the departure tax which I think is pretty disgusting especially since they have increased it from PHP550 to PHP750 and the Cathay Pacific Lounge is pretty awful with extremely limited food and drinks and very dated. The duty free shops is expensive there is only one souvenir shop with some sort of food (admittedly I have never eaten there) a small smoking bar the washroom facilities are pretty basic too. The departure lounge itself is extremely basic hard uncomfortable seats. I been told it is now in private hands yes I noticed some lick of paints and small constructions going on but not impress at all. I am really looking forward to the new Bohol airport opening soon as I spend most of my time in Bohol.
Queuing Times N/A

Review by (United Kingdom)

I have been using cebu airport over many years as I travel from Cebu to Dumaguete City by way of land/ferry. It used to be chaotic in the old days but steadily and surely its getting better I went through the airport Dec 2014 Jan 2015 coming in is good no big crowds and it does not take long to get to the baggage pick up and main entrance (for those of you that get ripped off by taxis the fare to Cebu city center is P200). But the outward flight I was surprised at the check in area a few new shops a coffee shop which is welcomed and a few new souvenir type shops but still very limited for food. Have a meal before you get there! Staff are very good the porters for a small tip will do everything for you push your luggage and get you in the check out line - they are a great help and always cheerful. In short if you can avoid Manila do so as Manila airport is the worst. While Cebu is so quiet after a long haul flight and outside the taxi service and approach is managed well. If you are used to the Philippines you know how to be patient if you are new to it just show up and do not get agitated and keep smiling.

Review by (Saudi Arabia)

This Airport is supposed to be in the hands of a private company after they won a bidding to take it over but you would hardly think so as there are only cosmetic changes like a bit of paint and posters. I flew out of this airport recently and you have the same chaos at the x-ray machines just to get into the check-in area. There is even less seating than before in this area before you check in and you see people all over sitting on the floor waiting for the check-in counter to open. After check-in you have another x-ray machine with staff who really couldn't care. All the seating is still the same cold uninviting metal chairs. The toilets are still filthy and no maintenance on the one I visited. Its a small airport but this private operator is definitely not up to the mark in terms of making it a pleasant experience for passengers. The food stalls etc.. are very expensive for what you get so gave that a miss. The only saving grace was the free Wi-Fi that actually worked along with this airport being better than NAIA T1.

Review by (United Kingdom)

As usual entering Cebu Airport is brilliant as it only took me less than 10 minutes from leaving Cathay Pacific to leaving the airport. However I made a mistake I was approached by a taxi driver and I ended up paying double the fare nobody warned me about this. Lounge at Cebu airport is OK but could be improved. Some changes seem to be happening it seem cleaner however the departure lounge is pretty awful. This time I am rewarding it a 7 5 as it is excellent in leaving the airport but this time I have rewarded an extra 2 point on leaving as I met a wonderful immigration officer and chatted about Cebu Airport. Next year they are set to improve the departure and extra shops and reckon it will be finish in 4 years.
Terminal Cleanliness N/A

Review by (Philippines)

Both the domestic and international sections are adequate overall. I've been through this airport 8 times in the past year and it is generally a stress-free experience. It is clean the queues are usually not bad the security / customs / immigration / airline officials are polite and the air conditioning just about right for everyone (judging by the lack of people either fanning themselves or shivering). There are quite a few shops but they mostly sell the same things and travellers shouldn't rely on them for books magazines or puzzles. The smoking area in the check in area is fine but the one in the departure area is best avoided unless you're really desperate. There doesn't seem to be free wi-fi (or if there is it isn't working).

Review by (United Kingdom)

I have written several reviews. It is a brilliant airport to use when you arrive particularly if you are a premium traveller. From the moment I landed and got through immigration and picked up my luggage it took 6 minutes (admittedly with the assistant of the fabulous Cathay Pacific staff who led me through to the immigration first). The only issue I have is my poor friend has to wait outside the building. On my return to Cebu after checking in very quickly and paying my departure tax of 550 peso (honestly where does the money go) and through to the Cathay Pacific VIP lounge not bad but no hot breakfast something they should consider though. Then through to departure waiting lounge luckily the wait was only 10 minutes but plastic seats. There is talk of a new airport with 5 star facilities but I been told it wont be ready until 2030. I given it a 5 as it is excellent in entering Cebu but no points in leaving as lack of facilities.