Cardiff Airport

"Security staff beyond rude"

Not Verified | Luggage conveyor belt broke down several times whilst checking in. Hence queued to check in a long time. Security staff beyond rude. Mother was in wheelchair and made to get out and try to walk through scanner and remove her cardigan. Female security guard seemed to be on a power trip! Special assistance best part of experience. Live in South Wales but will not be my first choice of airport again.
Date VisitJune 2018

"absolutely dreadful"

Trip Verified | Absolutely dreadful. Check in was slowest I have ever experienced, security was worse. We had no time to shop or eat which passengers need to be encouraged to do if the airport is to make money. Staff seemed unaware that there are any time constraints and the attitude was poor. Not a good advert for Wales.
Date VisitJune 2018

"staff were very pleasant and professional"

Trip Verified | I was lucky enough to be on the first Qatar airways flight to Bangkok via Doha. There was a genuine buzz around the airport and the staff were clearly excited. Check in and security were extremely quick. The new duty free layout and shop and seating layout is better IMO. I had access to the business lounge. My only criticism would be the relatively uncomfortable seating, compared to the old lounge. I think the addition of separate business lounge for KLM and Qatar, within the lounge, is a superb idea. The staff were very pleasant and professional. The Cawl (warm lamb soup) was delicious. I feel the food offerings could be improved.
Date VisitMay 2018

"parking charges higher than Heathrow"

Not Verified | I was excited to see that Qatar Airways are now flying from Cardiff. However on researching costs, I was dismayed to see that the parking charges are higher than Heathrow Airport.Given that Heathrow parking charges are high, I was expecting to make a significant saving. Sorry Cardiff, unless you reduce your parking costs I will continue to use Heathrow.
Date VisitMay 2018

"shabby and dirty"

Not Verified | It is many years since I last flew from Cardiff so upon arrival I was impressed with the changes to the departure lounge/duty free area. The computer system was down on check in so we had to be checked in manually which was ok on departure but a bit of a problem on our return from Amsterdam as they could not find us initially as having flown from Cardiff in the first place. It was sorted though when we explained what had happened on the way out and after producing our outward boarding passes which we had kept luckily! My biggest complaint is how dirty the toilets were in the departure lounge. The ladies toilets had approx 18 cubicles and not one of the toilets was clean - they were foul! Our flight was delayed so we spent all day at the airport from 8 in the morning til 4.30pm and the cleaning log on the back of the door said those toilets had been checked several times during the time I was there. Toilet paper all over the floor, the tiles beneath the hand driers were black with grime, most of the taps not working. I felt ashamed to be Welsh - this is what visitors to our beautiful country are seeing upon arrival. This is really not good enough, I honestly wanted to clean them myself out of shames sake! On our return, it was even worse - arrivals was shabby and dirty. I'd hate to think what impression visitors have. I am so disappointed with our National airport. Also, because of our delay we were given £8.00 food vouchers each - try getting something to eat for that at Cardiff airport!
Date VisitApril 2018

"parking fees absolutely ridiculous"

Not Verified | Car parking fees absolutely ridiculous. Double that of Bristol. Food served in the bar's is also extremely expensive. Forcing people to use Bristol. Bristol airport seems to be on a different level to that of Cardiff. Come on Cardiff get your act together you're pricing yourselves out of the running.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"food and drink are way overpriced"

Not Verified | Airport is fine (security and check in) but food and drink are way overpriced (dearer than Heathrow) particularly the beer house. £5.85 for a beer and £12.45 for breakfast. Get food/drinks in Barry for a 1/3 of the price (5 min away). Flying location options have improved and the flights to Ireland (Flybe) are very competitive, but general holidays are still too expensive compared to Bristol.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"Take all this feedback into account"

Not Verified | I'm not complaining about using the airport, what I want to complain about is the fact that I have to use another one - Bristol Airport (which I detest) because their prices are so much cheaper. There are so many people like me who have to fly to Bristol when we have a perfectly good airport in Wales. Why oh why can't the government make a go of this, is it because its in public sector hands now? For god's sake make this a growing concern. Take all this feedback into account, up the ante and get this place a commercial success with high standards, customer focussed and if the staff ain't cutting it - get rid and then get some who can. Bristol is a pain in the backside to get to and from - I really don't need the inconvenience I would rather support my local airport as I'm know a lot of Welsh people would agree they would much rather fly from Cardiff than Bristol. Sort it out Welsh Government or get someone in who can. I'm sure it ain't rocket science.
Date VisitMay 2017

"place is dirty and dingy"

Not Verified | Busiest day of the year for travel. Only 2 security checkpoints. People couldn't scan their tickets, 45 mins to get into departures. Come on Cardiff admit defeat Bristol is better. The prices that are charged to go from here you would expect better service. The place is dirty and dingy. The staff are rude an unhelpful. The welsh assembly should be ashamed to have put money into this shed.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Cardiff was a joy"

Verified Review | I had booked to fly from Cardiff with some trepidation, as I had bitter experience of Bristol airport when it was "taxpayer owned". But I have to say that my fears were unfounded. The drive there was easy, with parking close and inexpensive; The terminal isn't up to much, typical regional, but it does function. I am amazed to read other reviews complaining about the staff. I found them to be the friendliest and most helpful of any UK airport that I have flown from. Compared to the TUI instigated pandemonium that we experienced at Paphos airport, Cardiff was a joy.
Date VisitOctober 2017