Cardiff Airport

"The staff aren't friendly at all"

Unverified | I have flown into and out of Cardiff 4 times this year. Flying back to Ireland can be a real pain. The staff aren't friendly at all. We all realise how important security is. I walk away at times feeling a near criminal. A smile and 'hello' would help. I'm a great believer in "if you don't enjoy your job, move on."
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"No thought for the customer"

Unverified | I know that security staff are there for security purposes but they should be able to treat their clients with respect and courtesy. In Cardiff they do not. The restaurant/pub in Cardiff Airport is terrible. It is overpriced and the food is served on what appears to be second hand army ration plates. There is no choice for those with Wheat allergies. You also have to travel through the 'Duty Free' and your path is impeded with displays. No thought for the customer just sell, sell, sell. If Cardiff Airport was not our nearest airport there is no way we would use it.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"airport security staff are unbelievably bad"

Unverified | The airport security staff are unbelievably bad. The man receiving hurried everyone to the point of annoyance, repeating the same instructions over and again without a moment to actually comply. Then the special screening person tossed everything from my bag into a box for rescanning and swabbing but without any thought whatsoever - is that receipt really a danger? That piece of A4 paper? Then the derisory offer to repack it. Give me a break. This was compounded by the exit from security being through a duty free shop that had placed product holders directly in the middle of the walkway, making it look like there was no clear way through to the departure lounge. Finally the Beer House airside restaurant - dreadful. Avoid at all costs. Expensive, dirty, bad service, terrible food. The final straw was a check-in clerk telling people with perfectly normal carry-on luggage that he would delete their boarding passes if they did not pay a ludicrous fee for hold luggage for being 2cm over the length limit. Honestly, what do they train these people to do, create bad service? I travel for business twice a week, never been through an airport this bad in 10 years. It is a job creation scheme for people who don't care, because they know most people don't travel enough to know any better. Never again.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"such arrogant staff"

Booked special assistance at Cardiff Airport, as I am unable to walk long distances and use stairs. Arrived at airport, parked car and was unable to find a trolley for luggage. I pressed bell for assistance and told the man on the phone that I neede a trolley as I had special assistance. He told me that he could only come down if I needed a wheelchair, I explained that I was ok to walk but wouldn't be able to manage luggage. He then quite rudely told me to look around and there should be some somewhere. Unfortunately there weren't any so I made my way struggling from long stay park to terminal which took me about 25 mins. When I got to assistance desk he was sat talking to another porter and drinking a mug of tea. He very rudely took my passports etc and booked me in. I don't think I have ever met such arrogant staff. We were eventually taken down in a lift to what I would only call a cattle truck (ambulatory). About 10 of us all put in standing except for 1 lady in weechair. And expected to hold on to each other when crossing runway to plane door.
Date VisitJune 2017

"extremely happy with the service"

Unverified | Having not traveled from Cardiff in a number of years, I was extremely happy with the service that our Wales airport gave. We didn't have to queue to check in, the transaction with the check in desk was extremely smooth, even though we had no tickets. We then went straight through to departures where there was small queue. That also went nice and smoothly. When we were called to board the plane, we again went straight through with no queue as such. On our arrival at Cardiff, passport control was nice and simple and bag collection was very quick. I have to say we were very impressed with how smoothly everything went. I would definitely use Cardiff Airport again. Only one downside as with all airports is the price of items. It cost £13.50 for a pint of lager and a glass of wine. The lager was flat and the wine tasted like vinegar. I don't see why airports have to be so expensive! All in all - well done Cardiff
Date VisitJune 2017

"every flight has been delayed"

Verified Review | I have used this airport on several occasions (roughly 5) which every flight has been delayed. Obviously this problem can lay within the airline but the way the airport deals with it is outrageous. They display on the departure screens that your flight is delayed until an estimated time and then remove your flight completely from the screen leaving you guessing what is happening. This leaves everybody in confusion and asking shopkeepers and waiters about their flight which is clearly not their responsibility. The airport needs to display correctly the flight details or have effective customer service in place. I am sick of having to deal with how unprofessional this airport is. I would seriously reconsider choosing this airport to avoid unnecessary stress.
Date VisitMay 2017

"always made uncomfortable by the over zealous security staff"

Verified Review | I have travelled through this airport many times over the past 7 years and currently travel through this airport twice a month. My experience through this airport has and is always made uncomfortable by the over zealous security staff. I travel through many airports all around the world and in some high risk security areas, my review is based on a fair comparison from all my experiences. For some reason at Cardiff Airport the security staff at the hand baggage security screening belt do seem to enjoy belittling people and are constantly over zealous in the way they treat people. At this airport they seem to apply a condescending approach to their treatment of passengers. This view is based upon not only the way they have treated me but also the way I have seen them treat others which include heavily pregnant women with children, elderly passengers and disabled passengers alike. I'm sure this treatment is not in the business plan and feel that this area is being let down by a few individuals, but unfortunately it does reflect badly on the airport. As a result of this constant issue I will be changing my departure airport to a more professional airport (Bristol).
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"overpriced breakfast served after a long wait"

Verified Review | Nice little airport but the standard of food and presentation / quality airside is frankly disgusting. Overpriced breakfast served after a long wait on pre war tin plates that were chipped and rusty! Unbelievable £21-00 for rubbish food served on rusty plates. What century are we in?
Date VisitDecember 2016

"appalling food at Cardiff Airport"

Appalling food at Cardiff Airport. The Beer lounge served a £14.98 dry as a bone burger and reheated chicken skewer with poor dry tomatoes. Requested replacement of latter and got awful dry chicken and a nice tomato. Used to be good food here, we travel several times a year. Restaurant must have changed hands. Truly awful.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"website is a complete shambles"

Departure was fine at Cardiff Airport, although I agree with others about signposting being rubbish both getting to and at the airport. Parking is really expensive. Arrival involved a ridiculous walk and then wait to get through passport control. The electronic passport control seemed to require staff involvement for everyone! I really want this airport to succeed, but FGS sort the website out it is a complete shambles!
Date VisitOctober 2016