Best Cabin Crew

Cardiff Airport

"I was not expecting much"

(Portugal)

After reading reports and from previous experience several years ago I was not expecting much but apart from no air bridge was pleasantly surprised. The walk from the aircraft was only about 20m. with a short walk to immigration where there were 3 officers plus auto checking for 100 passengers and we were out of the terminal 10 minutes after landing and to the clearly signposted pickup point. The only downside was the charge to leave of £1.25 which left us scrabbling for the correct money at the barrier with a queue building up behind us. The routing to/from the M.4 motorway also does not seem to have improved much since my flying days there.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"drab, unclean and semi-derelict"

I stopped using Cardiff airport several years ago as it was drab, unclean and gave an overall feeling of being semi-derelict when returning to Wales. Additionally the so-called shuttle bus does not exist in practical terms and signage getting to the airport is poor. Nothing has changed, it is still a difficult to get to back-water domestic airport. Now they have attracted a new airline (Vueling) the management have the opportunity to upgrade and let us hope they take it.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"queues were awful"

Am keen to promote Cardiff Airport and I am local but was very disappointed as we arrived off the plane on 27/10/15. Arrived to a dirty airport corridor first thing in the morning, there was even sawdust on the floor. Surely a basic requirement is cleanliness and the airport smelt musty and had obviously not been cleaned overnight. Going to the toilets, there was not one hot tap working, only cold water taps. One of the hand driers was broken (has been for some time). Better signage is required for the toilets. A review of the signage is required from seeing it for the first time. It is very confusing how to exit the Airport. Only one Border Control person when 3 flights came in at the same time, queues were awful. Come on Cardiff Airport, I want to continue to use the Airport but am finding it difficult to justify presently.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"high cost and limited flights"

Although I live in Cardiff we haven't been using Cardiff Airport due to the high cost and limited flights. We decided to travel from there for a short trip with Thomson to Palma. Firstly when I tried to book car parking a few days before it was fully booked (late September hardly high season). Ended up getting a taxi - arrived in very good time which was just as well as we stood in a check in que for over 40 minutes the line was blocking the main doorway at one point. This was for a 6am flight - again not 'peak time'. We were called through to the gate only to wait another 25 mins standing up (we are young enough to stand for long periods but a lot of elderly travellers found the wait very frustrating - 5 or 6 seats max) - I normally travel from Bristol and London and we will not be rushing back to Cardiff. On our return we walked in a huge circle through the building with nice new walled `features' promoting Wales - then waited over 35 minutes for our cases.With a handful of flights a day why is it so difficult to provide the customer with a good experience. Get the basics right Cardiff rather than promoting Wales. Very, very disappointed - not sure when I will book a future flight - such a shame.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"Parking cost was more than air fare"

First time using Cardiff Airport for many years, and probably the last for many more. Day before flight, I tried to book parking only to be told by the NCP website that all car-parks were full. Later worked out that I was probably too late to pre-book at a lower rate, but why did the website say car-parks were full? Surprise, surprise when I got to airport - plenty of room in car parks! Was flying into Milan Malpensa with Flybe, but not one of their representatives could tell me if the flight arrived at Terminal 1 or Terminal 2 in Malpensa. The breakfast in the departure lounge was an absolute disaster, I didn't realise hash browns were supposed to be soggy, bacon tasteless and a black pudding flavoured with dishwater. Returned from Milan via Birmingham International airport and then travelled by hire car back to collect my car at Cardiff. Parking cost was more than the Cardiff to Milan fare - go figure that one!

"what a shambles"

I have not used Cardiff airport for many years due to limited flights so when I had a choice of flying from Cardiff I thought great. How wrong I was, firstly the security was so timely with rude staff barking at people and ordering them around like they were school children. I regularly travel from Heathrow and experience a much more organised quicker security. Next the restaurant it was just 6.15am and almost all the tables were dirty and overspilled. I asked the gentleman serving me if some tables could be cleared so we could eat our very overpriced food but he said it wasn't possible as they were short staffed. What a shambles.

Cardiff Airport customer review

Hadn't been to Cardiff for a number of years due to poor flight choices. This time I was on Business. Great car parking and shuttle service. The security experience was horrendous. Staff were aggressive and patronising. As I had some liquids in my case, they quite rightly had to inspect it. However this was done in front of everyone with all personal belongings shown to everyone who was passing. It was an unnecessarily humiliating experience and easily solvable by having a screened area. The security staff were very unpleasant however and seemed to take great delight in ordering passengers around. I might have thought this was a one off but on my return trip we were again 'barked at' and ushered unpleasantly and officiously whilst having our passports checked. I will fly from Bristol or Heathrow from now on. I will not be going back.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Cardiff Airport customer review

Outward, my grumble was the extremely high prices for food and drink at the Echo bar! The return experience was the worst I've experienced. Upon arrival there was a very long walk from the arrivals gate to immigration where we joined a queue which took over 30 minutes to get to the front. There were 3 immigration officers on duty, 1 of whom just sat and looked at the queue and served no one. My hope was that with the delay in clearing immigration, our luggage would be on the belt. Unfortunately, this was not the case and we had another 20 minute wait for the luggage (50 minutes after arrival!). After leaving the terminal, we tried to find the bus stop for the courtesy bus to car park 2. It was really badly signed and when we did get it's location verified by an airport worker, we had another 20 minute wait for the bus. To top it all, there didn't appear to be any visible exit signs, so another 5 minutes was wasted driving around.
Date VisitJune 2015

Cardiff Airport customer review

Very limited choice of shops and eating facilities compared to alternative airports.
Date VisitJune 2015

Cardiff Airport customer review

Having decided to go to Prague for the weekend of my wife's birthday my children and I decided to do the costings as this was going to be her 60th birthday present. Can you imagine the shock that the price's quoted from our (local airport we live in Porthcawl) were so much more than the package we put together flying from Bristol including the parking and 3 nights in the Hilton in Prague! As the people of Wales airport you are a country mile from getting it anywhere near right.