Airline of the Year

Cardiff Airport

"every flight has been delayed"

Verified Review | I have used this airport on several occasions (roughly 5) which every flight has been delayed. Obviously this problem can lay within the airline but the way the airport deals with it is outrageous. They display on the departure screens that your flight is delayed until an estimated time and then remove your flight completely from the screen leaving you guessing what is happening. This leaves everybody in confusion and asking shopkeepers and waiters about their flight which is clearly not their responsibility. The airport needs to display correctly the flight details or have effective customer service in place. I am sick of having to deal with how unprofessional this airport is. I would seriously reconsider choosing this airport to avoid unnecessary stress.
Date VisitMay 2017

"always made uncomfortable by the over zealous security staff"

Verified Review | I have travelled through this airport many times over the past 7 years and currently travel through this airport twice a month. My experience through this airport has and is always made uncomfortable by the over zealous security staff. I travel through many airports all around the world and in some high risk security areas, my review is based on a fair comparison from all my experiences. For some reason at Cardiff Airport the security staff at the hand baggage security screening belt do seem to enjoy belittling people and are constantly over zealous in the way they treat people. At this airport they seem to apply a condescending approach to their treatment of passengers. This view is based upon not only the way they have treated me but also the way I have seen them treat others which include heavily pregnant women with children, elderly passengers and disabled passengers alike. I'm sure this treatment is not in the business plan and feel that this area is being let down by a few individuals, but unfortunately it does reflect badly on the airport. As a result of this constant issue I will be changing my departure airport to a more professional airport (Bristol).
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"overpriced breakfast served after a long wait"

Verified Review | Nice little airport but the standard of food and presentation / quality airside is frankly disgusting. Overpriced breakfast served after a long wait on pre war tin plates that were chipped and rusty! Unbelievable £21-00 for rubbish food served on rusty plates. What century are we in?
Date VisitDecember 2016

"appalling food at Cardiff Airport"

Appalling food at Cardiff Airport. The Beer lounge served a £14.98 dry as a bone burger and reheated chicken skewer with poor dry tomatoes. Requested replacement of latter and got awful dry chicken and a nice tomato. Used to be good food here, we travel several times a year. Restaurant must have changed hands. Truly awful.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"website is a complete shambles"

Departure was fine at Cardiff Airport, although I agree with others about signposting being rubbish both getting to and at the airport. Parking is really expensive. Arrival involved a ridiculous walk and then wait to get through passport control. The electronic passport control seemed to require staff involvement for everyone! I really want this airport to succeed, but FGS sort the website out it is a complete shambles!
Date VisitOctober 2016

"really horrible airport"

Verified Review | Arrived in Cardiff in such a bleak unmanned hall that it was obviously designed by a Soviet era architect - just grim. Our departure was better lit but then we could see how absolutely filthy the eating areas were. No cleaning / clearing during the hour we were there. Toilets in very poor state. Really horrible airport. 30 minutes free wifi - pathetic.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"service was horrendous"

Verified Review | Departure at this airport was fast and efficient and without fuss which was great. Arrival however was another matter, long queues at passport control, baggage collection for our flight was ok but then when we went to get a taxi it was abysmal. Was told we would have to wait half an hour and over an hour later we were still at airport. The service was horrendous and spoiled what was otherwise an uneventful journey. Surely they know when flights are coming in and what airport in the world doesn't have a taxi rank outside. Very, very poor. Come on Cardiff it's embarrassing.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"very rude and insensitive service"

Departures at Cardiff was great, very organised and stress free it was on our arrival back that I have a complaint. I'm 7 months pregnant, had my 3 year old with me (no pram as we hadn't got back yet) and my autistic 9 year old stepson. I thought given my situation with both children very over tired and my uncomfortable situation being quite pregnant and trying to control both I thought I'd go down the passport control of special assistance only to be greeted by a very rude lady, demanded why I thought I could go down there to be seen sooner, in most airports when you have young children or are heavily pregnant they prioritise you, this lady was terrible at her job and made me feel extremely uncomfortable. It put me off wanting to go back, very rude and insensitive service.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"thorough and well managed"

The Airport Parking is much improved and the free drop off for cars and taxis is just in front of the airport terminal and very quick. The check in and bag drop off is well organised. The security is thorough and well managed. The shopping area has been refurbished since our last visit and the food outlet has a good selection of food and drink and the prices are reasonable. On arrival back from our holiday the baggage handling was quick and although the security passport queue was long it was soon cleared.
Date VisitJune 2016

"rather short on facilities"

I last used Cardiff several years ago and is certainly better than then. Parking in Long Stay 1 is about a 5 minute walk to the terminal, just as well as the advertised shuttle bus was not in evidence. The terminal is OK but rather short on facilities. Security queues were short but the process took a good 15 minutes as one of our party was selected for random testing, this would be fine if the one person doing the checking had not spent considerable time shifting liquids between bags for two travellers, in an effort to throw away as little as possible (sorry, but that is the passengers' responsibility) and ignoring the queue. After that, departure went well. Arriving was not bad, a short wait for passport checks, but then we had to walk back to the car as the bus was still conspicuous by its absence. Cardiff appears to be trying to establish itself as a regional airport and has potential, though I think there is still some way to go, in my experience Bristol is better - though it has its faults too.
Date VisitMay 2016