Best Economy Class Seats

Cancun Airport

"60 minutes to make it through immigration"

Totally shocked at the number of arriving passengers waiting to pass immigration in Cancun. We've been here numerous times and never saw this many people. It took 60 minutes to make it through. Luckily our bags were waiting for us when we got to baggage claim and the final check point moved much quicker.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"customs officer rude and intimidating"

On arriving at Cancun airport we were astounded at the queues of people at immigration. There didn't seem to be any air-con working and the sheer volume of people made it feel stifling. However, the queues did move quite quickly and the immigration officers were pleasant. Once through immigration we made our way to collect our luggage which we didn't have to wait long for. What we weren't prepared for was customs - we were shouted at, asked if we had any cigarettes and when we replied that we didn't we were ordered to press a button which unfortunately turned red and meant that we had to have our hand luggage and cases searched. The officer I got told me to get my suitcase up on the bench, watched while I struggled to do so and then shouted 'open'. He was extremely rude and intimidating. Not once did I hear a 'please' or 'thank you' - disgusting, really. I would suggest that if they want people to visit their country that they take a course in people skills and customer care as they are non-existent!! I am happy to say that departing was far easier, check-in was quick and even security, despite more queues, was quite quick and the officers were far more pleasant.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"angry passengers and crying babies"

3 hour delay in customs with angry passengers and crying babies. Deplorable conditions. There was nobody directing the lines that stretched well beyond where the ropes were. A horrible way to start a vacation. Once we got to luggage the bags were left unattended in a carousel different from what the monitors said. Again nobody was there to help. First and last visit to Cancun.
Date VisitApril 2016

"bathroom conditions were horrendous"

Arrival at Cancun airport was fine. For our departure on 3/26/16 the bathroom conditions were horrendous. There was no water flowing in the mens room to wash hands. In the ladies bathroom the toilets were overflowing because people were ignoring the signs not to flush toilet paper. Bring hand sanitizer. Food offerings were variable. If you waited for something to be cooked the wait was long. Pre-prepared items were readily available. We had plenty of time so it wasn't a problem other than our dirty hands.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"signage was very good"

I last used Cancun International Airport (CUN) over 20 years ago. My memories of it were that it was a confused morass that I would not return to. But I did return recently and have to say that it has become a surprisingly well laid out and organized entity what with all the improvements (3 terminals instead of 1, a parallel runway to allow simultaneous arrivals and departures, much improved interior architecture, working air conditioning, et. al.). Upon entry into Immigration there are handlers that motion incoming passengers into one of the ten queues that are serviced by over 20 Immigration officers. While waiting to be serviced there is a monitor that tells you which baggage carousel your luggage will be on when you leave Immigration. Once done there you go pick up your baggage then head to Customs where there is another series of queues like there is in Immigration. While it looked like I was going to be at Customs for hours, it took less than 10 minutes. In total, and with about 1,500 other passengers from various airlines being processed, it took me 50 minutes from deboarding the plane to exiting the airport. When leaving Mexico, I found the airport to be equally very useable. Signage was very good, there were plenty of places to buy stuff you don’t really need, enough eating places, wide passageways, a clean environment amongst many other things. Even though it was a Saturday afternoon, which is their busiest time, the airport flowed instead of being that confused morass that I experienced so many years previously. Note: Try to arrange for ground transportation BEFORE you fly if you know where you are going to go once you leave the airport. Otherwise you will be assaulted by “hungry” cab and limo services.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"An absolute disgrace"

Slowest check in ever, almost 45 minutes at check in desk. Security was pretty much the same, very slow and unorganised. Business lounge was rubbish, no food, no air-conditioning, no bottled water and flights weren't showing on departures board or being announced on tannoy. An absolute disgrace.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"sailed though immigration"

Third time heading into Cancun and we were dreading it based upon past experiences. I don't know if we were just lucky but we actually sailed though immigration and then realised that two fully loaded 787's were disgorging all luggage onto a single carousel. Deep joy. We even beat the dreaded 'Red light-green light' lucky dip thus avoiding a personal search of our stuff. So, out we went past the scrum of baggage handlers all stating that they worked for Thomson (they do not) and found our coaches to take us to our resort in just over one hour since landing, miraculous. Coming back, nicely surprised to find that the airport tax had been lowered to 700 peso's per person (is it just Thomson that does this?) and easily through security into the departure lounge. Be warned, prices for food and drinks are extortionate. £6.00 for a bag of crisps.
Date VisitDecember 2015

"customs were horrendous"

(Sweden)

Upon arriving at around 11 pm, there was not a lot of travelers in the airport. Immagration was done fairly quickly but the customs were horrendous. Even though there were 250+ charter tourists arriving, there was only one screening machine operating and, while pleasant, only one worker. Additionally, our bags were randomly selected for additional search but I could have lived with that had the initial process gone smooth. However, we spent roughly 2 hours queuing before we could continue to our hotels, and after 13 exhausting hours on a plane, that is not what you want. The bus driver that drove us to our hotels and the travel guides apologized and said that was not the norm, and I certainly hope not. It is not the kind of welcoming Cancun should give its visitors.
Date VisitDecember 2015

Cancun Airport customer review

(Colombia)

Upon arrival at the airport in Cancun was a disaster. One and a half hours waiting luggage with 150 people, many sitting on the floor because the airport lacks facilities, air conditioning. It is a precarious airport for a spot of sightseeing as spectacular as it is Cancun has much to improve.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Cancun Airport customer review

I flew down mid week on Wednesday arriving around 2 pm. Sat on plane for 30 minutes on taxi-way waiting for a parking space. Then utter chaos. No restrooms. No air conditioning. People crammed in a space that was totally disorganized. It took 3 hours from exiting the plane to walking out the door of the airport. Utter chaos. I've never seen anything like it. I will never return.