Canberra Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

Review by (Australia)

The airport has changed so much and is always developing. The brand new airport has made Canberra finally a place to fly into and can accomodate most flights. The new terminals, car park facilities and outlets are great and I cannot wait until Canberra receives internationals flights.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Canberra Airport customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Just a breeze to navigate. Spacious clean low stress. Good views of runway and stands. Limited shopping/food options. Security not highly automated (a lot of manual pushing and shoving of trays).

Canberra Airport customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Very large airport for flights it handles check in easy airside facilities rather limited for a brand new terminal.

Review by (Australia)

My word the new terminal has capacity that won't be needed in Canberra for 50 years! And I think I saw a sign predicting another new terminal on the DFO side that would just be ridiculous. So it's great for passengers at the moment - huge amount of space short queues for everything lots of road access and parking great views of the runway good lounges. Perhaps the increase in size has made it less clear where to go for things like taxis and hire cars and I don't think they've finished all the signage yet.

Review by (Australia)

Compared to the poor and cramped small terminal that used to be here the newly built terminal has fresh and airy conditions and quite good facilities. However an annoying issue is that now Canberra Airport's Terminal managers have decided to play terribly loud music through the main buildings. Why on earth this decision has been made is beyond me - it certainly doesn't fit the style of the average passenger passing through this terminal. Indeed its enough to make me try avoid this terminal and make a point of not buying anything from the commercial outlets. Otherwise drop-off and check-in facilities are good security is efficient and air-bridges and staff appear mostly efficient.

Review by (Australia)

The new terminal is a revelation compared to the old cramped terminal. Bright and airy easy check-in excellent club lounges bright gate waiting areas easy boarding this is the way an airport should be. Only hassle at the moment is the location of the taxi stand but once the whole airport redevelopment is finished this will not be a problem.

Review by (Australia)

The New Canberra airport is much improved on the old one. The nation's capital finally has a decent airport. Easy check-in area good airline lounges easy boarding process. very impressed.

Review by

Landed in Canberra from Melbourne on Qantas and taxied in to the new Canberra Airport Terminal. I was told only departure lounges for Virgin Blue and Tiger airways were still in use in the old terminal however all airlines had check-in and baggage claims in the new terminal. A magnificent improvement from the glass aerobridges to the large glass panes that covered the walls of the terminal. Larger Shops as well as a conveniently located coffee shop were also noted. There was a much larger seating capacity than previously. On the exterior the terminal was extremely fancy and had newly implemented elevated roads to the departures level. All in all a superb terminal with fancy design extravagant interiors and modern facilities.

Review by

Day return from Sydney - only had hand luggage so straight off plane (airbridge) and into terminal. Bus fare seemed reasonable ($9 one way $15 return) but I wasn't aware until told by a policeman in the terminal that it was a public holiday so bus service to town was infrequent. He told me where to find the bus stop (easy enough) but there was no timetable! I got a taxi instead. Departure was rather more troublesome - I had checked in for both flights in Sydney so didn't need the check-in facilities at CBR but finding a seat that was out of the quite fierce sun was rather difficult. Food prices were also high ($6.50 for two sandwiches $3.50 for a small bottle of soft drink). Then when I went through the scanner for security everything I was wearing set it off! I had to take off my belt then my shoes but it still beeped because I have metal pins in my feet. When I asked why I had not had any similar problem at SYD I was told "our scanner is more sensitive!" Way too sensitive is more like it. No airbridge this time - just a very short walk to the plane. It seems a nice enough airport but I have to deduct points for no bus timetable security and the over-priced food.

Review by

Checked in for my Qantas flight with Quickcheck which was very efficient. Then a short trip to the bag drop counter and we were on our way up the escalators to the gate lounge. Hardly anyone around and we were surprised that there weren't any kiosks or cafes to grab something at. However there was plenty of seating. I'm told that the Virgin area has a bit more activity as well as a cafe or two. You'd hope this little airport doesn't become a MEL or a SYD anytime soon.