Top 100 Airlines

Calgary Airport

"airport is bright and roomy"

Calgary Airport is bright and roomy and I especially like the free luggage carts. Lots of bathrooms. Look for the volunteers with red vests and white hats - they will assist and answer questions. Lots of self-service kiosks and staff to help out with problems.
Date VisitApril 2015

"security lines very long - allow extra time"

Security lines very long - allow extra time for security no matter time of day. The WiFi connections are sporadic throughout the airport, confirmed by staff (unless you are a Shaw customer which must be frustrating for tourists) The full service restaurants are over priced and service slow.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"hate having to use Calgary airport"

No services on international flights side. No restaurants, terrible food options. Hate having to use Calgary airport, fix the problem.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"signage was clear"

YYZ terminal 1 appears to be a well appointed and sleek new terminal. Numerous choices for food, drink, and shopping were evident. We were arriving on a redeye from the west coast, in transit to the Maritimes, and had a tight connection to make it through customs to the domestic terminal in time for the onward flights. Was afraid we might not make it. However, must say we were both impressed with the level of professionalism and efficiency of the Customs, Security, and Air Canada personnel. The signage was clear, and there always seemed to be personnel available to direct us to the next stage of the process of transit to our onward flights. Just wish we could have had time to explore the airport amenities. Maybe next time. USA airports should take notice. Flying through some major international USA hubs seems inefficient and poorly managed in comparison.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"they opened a closed security line"

I cannot thank the airport and weather enough. Our transatlantic flight was 90 mins late. We were going to miss interconnecting flight. Westjet representative escorted us through to security. We were fast tracked and they opened a closed security line to get us through in time. Can't thank them enough.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

Calgary Airport customer review

All very efficient, amiable and clean with no delay at all more than a minute or two. The shopping part is delightfully sparse except for a spectrum of eateries / drinkeries. There are very comfortable chairs. The merry go round of historic aeroplanes in neat. Free wifi abounds with various places to charge electronics, but we did not need to use either, so I cannot say if it was fast or slow. Calgary Airport has to be the best international airport.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Calgary Airport customer review

I can't believe that it took me 45 minutes to get through one domestic security line-up! Good thing I gave myself 3 hours allowance to fly domestic. I have never seen such a slow security check. There were 5 lines but only two were operational and one of them was for Nexus. However there were at least 6 personnel being trained on the functioning machines and so many other personnel hovering around. When my husband asked why it's taking so long the staff said no it's not taking long and one personnel said that everyone came together all of a sudden. I don't think this airport is equipped to handle massive amounts of passengers. Then my husband's backpack was searched for the hand scale that he had in his bag. Meanwhile I had the same hand scale in my backpack and my bag was not searched. Such inconsistencies and inefficiencies. I travel around the world frequently and I have not seen such slow-paced and inconsistent security check point.

Calgary Airport customer review

This Airport is an airport that supports your needs. Food was great and staff were helpful. The signage was helpful in guiding us to the correct area for check-in and I don't have to keep asking every single staff member I meet to ask "Where is ..." Departure: Once past check-in you can enjoy views of the aircraft or eat or if you are late go to security. Once there you go past like a breeze (Full Queen = 10-15 Min. wait time). After that there are shops offering travel comforts (e.g. Headphones Neck rests pillows toothbrushes etc.) and coffee shops are there. US pre-clearance is also good and takes ~5 min. per person (if you are a normal traveler). The US pre-clearance features shops. Arrivals: After you arrive head up the stairs wait ~20 min. on average and you are out of there.

Calgary Airport customer review

While the US-Transborder areas are atrocious for food options and lounges the airport as a whole is not bad. Checking in is easy (usually) and is made easier if you are elite security has long queues through the transborder checkpoint but this is resolved by using the NEXUS lane (if you have one) (it is a great investment) and that brings me to Customs and Immigration. The CBSA hall is quite a trek from your arrival gate but it isn't as bad as LHR T2. Once at the checkpoint the officers are polite and if you have NEXUS you can be out of customs in 2 mins. Going through US CBP on the way to the US takes a bit longer though agents are generally polite and expedient. Back to NEXUS (there's a theme forming here). If you apply and get accepted you also get Global Entry benefits for US CBP so if you have it US CBP is also 2 mins. Sorry for skipping around here but the gate area for domestic flights (Concourses A and D) is big enough to find something to eat and somewhere to eat it and also has Lounges if you are so inclined. Transborder; (Concourse C) Is another story. It has very limited food options due to the opening and closing of gates for transborder traffic (if you've travelled through YYC you know what I mean) restrooms are few and far between and there is only one (paid entry) lounge which is nice for getting to the airport early but it is really not worth it. I guess a suitable end to this review is Baggage and well the few times I have checked a bag at YYC it has been about a 5-15 min wait domestically and 30-45 mins for international arrivals. I'm truly shocked if you're still reading at this point but in conclusion; most of the gripes I have about lines and food options should be solved in October 2105 when the IFP opens.

Calgary Airport customer review

Have been through Calgary airport several times in transit from UK. It has never been good but last October very poor. I could not believe the surly robotic attitude of the security staff. If this is the welcoming face of Canada to visitors I wouldn't plan on increased tourism. This time as I write having just missed my connecting flight by minutes because the ground crew spent over 20 minutes connecting the bridge to deplane from my UK flight. Again miserable faced security and after 17hours travelling I can't even relax with a smoke without exiting the airport and facing the happy crew again to get back in. Regrettably I am due to transit through this Mickey mouse airport again this year but I will make efforts to change to Vancouver. Avoid this place if possible.