Best Cabin Crew

Cairo Airport

"chaotic and not clean"

It's chaotic and not clean. They got free wifi some poor shops and a few duty free shops. Smoking areas are available but are not used as they remind me of a bad sauna and most of the people smoke outside. Myself I am a non smoker so I find this pretty disturbing. The few lounges they got are very spare and crowded. Food is poor. Internet inside the lounge is poor. Toilets are old and filthy. No shower possibility at the lounges of the main hub of a star alliance member airport. This is poor. Security is poor and rude. Ground staff are ok but slow in operation.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"refreshments are served continuously"

(Saudi Arabia)

On our return from Cairo to Riyadh with Egyptair, we were in International Terminal No.3. The Cairo international airport lounge is located on the 3rd Floor in the Departure Hall. After Passport Control, turn left to Zone E and proceed to the end of the corridor. It functions 24 hours daily. The lounge is just an open hall with many tables and chairs. Refreshments are served continuously that include different kind of bread rolls, sandwiches, pastries, Arabic sweets, coffee, tea, soft drinks and water bottles. There is also a TV broadcasting sports or news at one end. Besides, there is also a news-stand with quite a lot of local newspapers. Free WiFi was an added bonus. The chairs were very comfortable. There are separate restrooms which are maintained immaculately. It did not have shower, though everything was so spotlessly clean.
Date VisitMay 2015

(Egypt)

Cairo Airport Terminal 1 is one of the worst travel experiences I have encountered. Everything about the terminal is unpleasant; from arriving at the terminal to boarding your flight or indeed arriving at the terminal and leaving the terminal is beyond comprehension. What makes it more astounding is carriers such as Emirates, Etihad and Qatar Airways operate into the terminal. Bring on the new terminal, but when will it be completed?
Date VisitMay 2015

(Belgium)

The airport is very badly sign posted and I found myself getting lost more than once something that has never happened to me in an airport before and I am a frequent traveler. You are often pestered by staff for a tip for even the most basic service. The selection of souvenirs was poor surprising given this is Egypt. The security arrangements seem illogical as you are screened by security twice just yards apart before check in. There is also a serious shortage of seating which is an issue if you are traveling with old or infirm people. Make sure you pre-arrange a pick up when arriving as fake cab drivers swarm around you on arrival if you appear to be looking lost.

Cairo Airport customer review

Very poor Shuttle Service between terminals. We had to change buses between 2 Terminals. No instructions given the bus just stopped and driver got off. Passengers we looked at each other what should we do now? OK we changed buses on to the desired terminal then we are dropped off across the entrance in a parking lot not in front of the terminal entrance. So off we go pulling our suitcases. What ever happened to the people mover? No clear signs for Shuttle nor for the train between terminals.

Cairo Airport customer review

Visited Cairo for a conference at a glance during arrival the airport seemed ok clean not at all crowded Immigration was a breeze with only 1 counter operating out of about 30 counters toilets were clean and I was out of the airport in about 30 min. The real problem started when I was departing. Be prepared to get tired of hearing the word "baaksheesh" which means a tip. Every person you see shall approach you for a tip even if it is their duty. The airport doesn't offer free drinking water facilities you have to buy it. Announcements were excellent and they went the extra mile to announce in the language of the destination for International Flights.

(Lebanon)

On 28/11/2014 I arrived to Cairo Airport on an MEA flight bounded from Beirut. The whole situation is in chaos. The smell in the airport is terrible. Immigration officers as well as customs officers are extremely rude and stubborn.

Cairo Airport customer review

Pleasant modern airport not too big and not too small. Journey to and from Cairo is always fraught a shrug is the common response to asking how long you should allow but let's hope the Metro promised for next year materialises on time. But why can't the toilets have soap? And be less smelly? Why can't the "FreeAirportWifi" work? Why do the scamming porters who clamour to push your luggage 30 meters whether you protest or not and then ask for money apparently do so with the airport's blessing and wearing an official looking uniform? These are all national stereotypes but better airport management would roll them back a bit and encourage tourists back to Egypt.

(Malaysia)

Flew from KL arrived with Emirates at CAI Terminal 1. This terminal is awful. Upon arrival people rushed to the immigration where only 5 counters were open both for Egyptians and foreigners resulting in long queue. Immigration officer was just rude threw my passport after stamping it. Waited for about half an hour for my luggage. Toilet beside the carousel dirty and disgusting. Before exiting the airport custom officer requested to see my passport and scan my luggage. After scanning them they asked for "tips" and won't let me pass through after I pay them some money. That's not it after exiting the terminal annoying taxi drivers started to surround and trying to take away my trolley. Thank god I had someone waiting for me. When we reached to our car two men out of nowhere came and grabbed our luggage and put them into the boot and then asked for tips. This whole arriving experience was nightmare. Overall it was a bad arriving experience after you have flown for 10+ hour flight.

Cairo Airport customer review

Terminal 1 is a bit chaotic but small and friendly enough to get through without too much trouble. With an early departure our hotel had prepared a breakfast selection bags for us all which along with our tots we had no difficulty with at any of the myriad security checks. Well done Cairo T1.