Brisbane Airport

"Staff were totally disinterested"

Unverified | Brisbane International needs to really sort out issues. I was picking up the outlaws from a flight, waited, waited, waited, waited. Apparently a couple of planes came in at the same time, as per usual, very few staff to deal with this. It was well over 90 minutes after their arrival time, I started to ask questions. Staff were totally disinterested. I had no idea if they were on the plane or not. Finally after nearly 2 and a bit hours, they emerged. What a shambles! Then they hit me for the parking! A lot of improvement needed to be a real International Airport.
Date VisitMay 2017

"no excuse for this woman's attitude"

Unverified | Hundreds of very tired travellers arrived on Cathay Pacafic flight CX157 arriving in Brisbane from Hong Kong, Tuesday 10th Oct at 23.15, and were greeted at the customs desk by a very rude person employed by Customs office. There were only 2 security desks opened and a number of 'self serve' booths. Most of the passengers had no idea how to use the self help booths and with no one to assist us, we were directed to the 'assistance desk'. The person behind the desk on the left facing the queue, was being very rude to most of us, but especially the staff of Cathy Pacific, telling them in a bullying way to 'get back to the end of the queue and that they were no more important than anyone else. They had not pushed in, but were told by another member of the staff to go there. Other people were bullied also for not knowing how to use the 'self help' booths. In my opinion, there was no excuse for this woman's attitude.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"short-term parking is terrible"

Unverified | First of all: as a disabled person with a disabled parking pass, the short-term parking at the international airport is terrible. When my daughter and I went to pick up husband, all signs said "Undercover parking full - please only park in undercover parking, if your a long-term parking customer. All short-term parking customers: please proceed to the outside parking lot". OK, so we did what we were told and followed the signage to the outside parking lot for the designated short-term parking. It was located at the end of the undercover multilevel car parking building. We drove around and around and could not locate 1 designated disabled spot whatsoever. We looked again: Nothing!! And had we chosen one of those spots, it was a very long distance from the terminal access - a longer walk and more difficult for those with a disability coming to pick up family or friends. There was no way, that I or my daughter could handle such a difficult trek and may I add: there was no signage that we could easily see pointing anyone from the outside short-term parking to the terminal access. So, we decided we had no choice but to ignore all temporary and permanent signage and try and search for a disabled park inside the multilevel car park, close to the elevator's. After 2 levels, we found several vacant disabled spots in the designated long-term parking section. This is what we needed, so we took one. Major problems here: Undercover Multilevel carpark was not full, when signs said it was. For the requirements of disabled people: clear signs need to be pointed to all disabled parking. It would make better sense to put long-term parking outside and short-term parking inside, as the turnover and movement of passengers and family meeting passengers is greater. Disabled drivers or those with a disabled parking pass need to know where to go clearly and quickly. There are no disabled parking places for anyone forced to park outside. Those who cannot walk long distances, with a disabled parking pass need to access all available disabled parking places, whether they are short or long term with clear signage and a physical person assisting those coming in. Brisbane Airport Corporation need to understand that the current parking set up and organisation is too complicated, confusing and unhelpful for those of us who already suffer daily from mobility issues. The other issue is the following: The aluminium and brown tan rows of seating provided in the international arrivals waiting hall must be at least 20 years old. I am sure I remember these exact same seating rows in use in this same seating / greeting area when I was in my early 20's - which was about 28 years ago. If not, they certainly look and feel that old and make one feel like the BAC does not concern itself with the comfort and health of family / friends arriving to pick up loved ones in the arrivals hall at the international terminal!!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"found the staff to be polite and friendly"

Unverified | I didn't have any problems at the airport, my son found a parking space straight away and yes it is expensive. There was no queue at the Qantas check in and I found the staff to be polite and friendly, what was nice was that my son was allowed to come to the gate with me to see me get my flight and say goodbye. We had a walk through and the shops were very good and staff polite. Even though I wasn't there long it wasn't as bad as some of the reviews make it out to be.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"seating was clearly not designed for comfort"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Whilst the airport is modern and clean, the seating was clearly not designed for comfort. We arrived at 21.30 for a 00.55 flight which was delayed by two hours. Not a cushion in sight and our 5 hour sojourn was probably the most uncomfortable I have spent in an airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Brisbane airport is cold"

Unverified | Brisbane airport is cold. Make sure to pack warm clothes because they are running the air conditioning to suit Eskimos rather than Queenslanders travelling to Bali. Overall the airport is very modern, clean and safe as you would expect in an Australian capital city.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"What were they thinking!"

You better hope your flights are not delayed as some designer has purposely designed the lounges with wooden and steel bbq furniture with no cushioning. This is definitely not conducive to international travel as passengers are forced to arrive 3 hours early and have to sit. Not one person was sitting in the wooden or steel chairs in the lounge. They were in the cafes sitting on steel cold furniture. What were they thinking! This is embarrassing Brisbane. Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth provide comfort for tourists and travellers. Sack the interior design team!
Date VisitMay 2017

"always had a very pleasant experience"

Verified Review | Great friendly staff and good customer service. Always experienced a great service. There are occasional queues but staff are extremely professional. I have passed through this airport many times and always had a very pleasant experience. This is in contrast to many European airports.

"very modern and glossy"

Verified Review | I had never been to Brisbane domestic airport before. What a lovely airport. Lots of glass and light, very modern and glossy. We were in transit from Townsville to Melbourne so took advantage of the time to explore the airport itself. There were a lot of shops, and places to eat especially in the Qantas area where there is a good food court. We headed outside to the concourse which was really nice again, plus you could see the train station, so easy to get to the city. Good to know for next time. We really enjoyed this airport and the food in the Vietnam "street food" restaurant was really nice too.
Date VisitApril 2017

"staff were very friendly"

Verified Review | The most positive thing was that staff were very friendly. Other positive points are the (Qantas) domestic terminal was clean, and queuing time was unnoticeable (both at the security and the gate). In addition, every passenger had the choice of some national/local newspapers at the gate. On the drawback side, my gate was downstairs (gate 1) and there was not wifi available, which was unbelievable.
Date VisitMarch 2017