Top 100 Airports

Bournemouth Airport

"never fly from there again"

Verified Review | We had to pay the £3 charge for a 2 minute drop off which I think should either be free or say £1 max. On arrival at the check in gate with our pre printed boarding passes we were asked by a miserable woman if we had any liquids and if so to have them ready. On going through the security screen although not setting any alarm off I was hauled to one side telling me it was a random check. As I was only wearing shorts and a tee shirt I cannot see why they wasted their time on me but the rude attitude of staff ruined the start of our holiday. I have flown from Southampton, Heathrow, Stanstead, Gatwick, and airports abroad and I understand they have a job to do but have never previously encountered condescending staff such as those at Bournemouth. We will never fly from there again.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"what a silly system"

I picked up my wife from a flight and had to pay £3 to park. In the process of carrying cases and loading them in the boot I lost the token. This was a small disc of plastic like a Ludo piece. Loss of disc - extra £5 making a total of £8. What a silly system. Southampton Airport has a very simple system with free drop off and pick up for 10 minutes. What is wrong with Bournemouth? We had other problems the last time we used this parking. If I can fly from elsewhere I would do so.
Date VisitJune 2016

"car park very crowded"

We did not experience long queues here in Bournemouth like other reviewers and the staff seemed pleasant enough. The food in the Olive Tree was quite acceptable apart from charging £2.50 for 1 slice of toast. The car park was very crowded and my sons had trouble finding spaces and had to walk a long way with small children. You could not get your pound back for the trolley as the clips in the trolley parks did not fit in the money part to release the money - a good way of making money. We had meet and greet parking which was very good. My complaint was the toilets with no baby-changing facilities. We had to change nappies on the floor of the disabled toilet and then found there was no bin - very poor facilities.
Date VisitJune 2016

"£3.00 for 3 minutes parking"

Arrived at Bournemouth airport at 5.10am for a 7.00am flight travelling with 7 friends. We only had cabin luggage so plenty of time. We walked to the airport departure area after watching our minibus driver pay £3.00 for 3 minutes parking - disgraceful. Went straight to security where there were 2 staff checking boarding cards. This took 20 minutes and extra staff would have been futile as there is no space for them. We then joined a queue of about 120 people to get through security. There was 1 person getting people to put all their items into trays (even flip flops). Due to the size of the area only 2 people at a time could get to the trays. Then there was 2 people checking travellers who set the scanner off and because of the original bottle neck they stood chatting for 2 minutes at a time. Another member of security staff was looking at the x-ray machine. Whilst a sixth just leaned against a partition doing absolutely nothing. 1 hour later I got through the metal scanner which I set off as usual (hip replacement). Inside the terminal there were 2 people working in the restaurant making coffee and taking the money, so everyone had to join the long queue - even if you just wanted a beer. The worse run airport I have ever used. Coming back - immigration just as bad with another huge queue. 1 desk closed because of a computer fault but they still had someone sat at the desk staring at everyone. Plus a member of staff telling you which of the 3 open desks was empty. Appalling airport.
Date VisitMay 2016

"queues are horrendous"

What a rip-off. I have never known an airport to charge passengers drop off and collect fees and now I've seen they have increased there charges as from the first of April 2016 to £3.00 for the first half an hour to drop off and the same to collect. They even forbid passenger to be able to walk in, you have to drive in and once your in you have to go through the car park and pay the rip-off fees. The queues are horrendous, the food is overpriced. Well done Bournemouth Airport, a good way to discourage customers from using your services.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"arrivals is a shocker"

First, the airport. Lovely departure area and restaurant, but oh dear the arrivals is a shocker. I thought Zanzibar was bad but c'mon Bournemouth, its pre war and it shows. The rip off charge for my wife to drop me off and pick up is just extortion. Nowhere have I been that charges to drop off and pick up and its a disgrace. I'm not surprised more airlines are reluctant to use this airport. The place still needs major investment to its arrivals hall and until the drop off/pick up charge is dropped, they will lose passengers too. Its my local airport and its awful.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"an awful experience"

Arrival was an awful experience. I got off the plane and arrival staff didn't know which door to take us through into the terminal, she had to confirm with another member of staff. Passport control made all passengers walk up and down lanes about 7 times whilst the local police who check passports just laughed at us. It was like a comedy act. Obviously, me as well as many others were critical over their stupidity of not opening the lines up and blocking once complete like all other airports. I mentioned to the police officer and said it is a crazy system and badly managed. She got quite annoyed saying it's not crazy when you get 100 passengers arriving at once. Well by the time we got to them whilst they were twiddling their thumbs and laughing at us they could have served about 20% of the passengers between them. The flight only had 101 passengers! Not the best welcome to the UK in an airport with only a handful of arrivals each day. Departures was better organised and check in staff very friendly and bubbly so two different experiences. Security was a queue as just one person doing the trays, but overall this was not too much of an issue. At least they were courteous and efficient with the basic resources. I hope the airport gets their act together before it's an international airport with no flights at all.
Date VisitJanuary 2016

"staff all pan faced"

Ripped off before you even enter the airport. Disgusting having to pay £2.50 to pick up/drop off. Airport staff all pan faced and no flight announcements made. I doubt management read these reviews, neither would they care anyway.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"has to be one of the worst"

This airport has to be one of the worst. Firstly, you cannot be dropped off or collected without being ripped off to the tune of £2.50 for both dropping off and collecting. We travelled with Thomson and, for what should have been a straightforward baggage drop, we queued for 45 minutes with only 3 check in gates open for a full 737-800 flight. Going through security was no better with inadequate staffing levels. By the time we got to the departure lounge there was hardly time for a loo stop before embarking. Coming back wasn't much better. Presumably they weren't expecting our Thomson flight as, my partner tells me, the ladies loos were dirty with no toilet paper. There was a form in baggage reclaim for our thoughts. We completed the form but no one was interested in processing the form. Why are passengers being charged £2.50 a time for using a chaotic system? Go to Palma, Majorca and see how it's done properly. We are local to this airport and, quite frankly, it's embarrassing.
Date VisitOctober 2015

"can't do a simple drop off"

Arrived two hours early hoping to get a cooked breakfast before take off, only one person serving, the cafe had a massive queue. Went to "express" cafe, again one person serving another massive queue, stood for 40 minutes in queue before being called for flight, unable to have a coffee or a bite to eat. The drop off is ridiculous, just dropped my son off, he only had a rucksack, 30 seconds to jump out of the the car but they have barriers everywhere so you can't do a simple drop off, you have to pay, they even have cctv to prevent you from trying to drop off without paying - what a rip off. If it wants to be an international airport they need to make improvements.
Date VisitSeptember 2015