Bournemouth Airport

"rubbish and uncleanliness"

Not Verified | I travel from this airport on a regular basis last being 4 months ago. I am so disappointed to have had to use such filthy services. The men’s toilets look like they have not been cleaned for days and I even decided not to use them as they were so dirty! There is rubbish and uncleanliness areas all over the place. It’s like the cleaners are on strike. Please make a bit of an effort as the airlines charge us to use your facilities and we do expect the basics
Date VisitNovember 2017

"arrivals is a big thumbs down"

Not Verified | When I arrived at the airport from Malta, the weather was rain rain rain at 9pm when the aircraft (FR8742) parked far at the departure side (Stand 5), haven't they got a bus will drive us to passport control! I wish Ryanair and Bournemouth ATC have some sense to park in front of the arrivals and walk straight into passport control? At passport control, there were only two immigration officers at the desk instead of 4 after spending 20 minutes in the queue! Departures is very good but arrivals is a big thumbs down.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"no one to give information of any kind"

Trip Verified | I entirely agree with previous review by Alison. Extremely disappointing that there was no one to give information of any kind. No contact was available from Tui reps, impossible to get through either by phone or e-mail to the helpline. We were told we would be contacted by Tui by text or email if flights were delayed or cancelled. We heard nothing. Total lack of information and communication, even though the bad weather was forecast. All passengers and airline staff, cafe staff turned up, but no one from Tui. When I asked the Tui check in staff why no one had turned up the previous day, they said that they had all been contacted by Tui and told not to come in as it was too dangerous. What a pity the Tui staff did not have the courtesy to inform their passengers who turned up at 5.30 am. In the ice and snow. Extremely disappointed with lack of customer service from Tui.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Not enough seating, no information"

Not Verified | Whilst the exceptional local weather was expected and we were prepared that there might be some disruption or even cancellation or be coached to another airport, what we were not expecting was to have no information online prior to leaving home that the airport was closed or inside the airport or from any staff on arrival. It was only by Chinese Whispers that we were told. We all had to wait for information, only a couple of staff about who knew nothing. The cafe area was the only place with limited seating and was freezing thanks to the huge entrance doors opening and the vents blowing cold air in. Not enough seating, no information, no tannoy, no reps at all. Eventually by wandering around and trying to listen to anyone in a jacket we formed a queue to be counted - thinking we were going to be coached but no, back to grab a seat and wait and wait. No flights, no coach so turn up tomorrow and see. If we had been given a warm room all together, a free drink and some updated information as they received it we would all have been satisfied. Whilst everyone seemed in good spirits with each other as understanding the problems, the way the airport dealt with it was extremely poor. This weather had been predicted and as the plane was stuck at Gatwick last night Plan B should have kicked in sooner. Why no reps from Tui and it was impossible to contact anyone by email or phone. We are all home/hotelling etc cold.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"very helpful and happy staff"

Not Verified | Great airport, no queues, very helpful and happy staff. Definitely recommend over going up to the London Airports. Just wish they removed the expensive drop off charge and made it free. Hopefully they will do this under the new administration. Would recommend this airport to anyone.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"unheated cold concrete shed"

Not Verified | Departures - Herded and wait outside in freezing conditions to board. Arrivals (coming home) - Queue and wait in an unheated cold concrete shed to be treated as an immigrant. Get stung for £3.00 minimum payment to be dropped off and/or picked up. No pedestrian access.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"an act of desperate gouging"

Verified Review | This is the first airport I have ever been to that forces visitors to pay for a drop off or collection. The only option available is to enter the parking lot to drop off and that means a fee of £3.00. That really is an act of desperate gouging. Signage is poor, there is no lounge.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"whole process each time has been flawless"

Unverified | Have flown from and to Bournemouth airport for last four years and cannot believe the poor reviews I have just read. I do hope I won't be proven wrong with his year. The whole process each time has been flawless, the airport always clean, the shop, typical airport shop, the food, expensive of course, but no more so than at a hospital or Gatwick. The staff, friendly, informative and visible. Only thing which could be improved is the inevitable queue before boarding but I don't know how do hat could be achieved. I have always travelled in September so perhaps that's why my experience has been so much note favourable than those other negative reviews.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"a totally different experience"

I wrote a review of this airport last year and I gave it a score of 1. This time it's much higher. It was a totally different experience. There were 10 of us. We all got through boarding pass checks and security within 10 minutes of arriving as there were no other passengers. The Security staff were pleasant and chatty. We all ordered full English at the restaurant and we were served within 10 minutes. The flight was on time and the gate was opposite the lounge. I great start to a long week end away. I expect we just hit it right between flights. Still don't agree with £3 car park fee to get dropped of.
Date VisitMay 2017

"Bournemouth is by far the worst"

As a disabled passenger I found Bournemouth Airport totally lacking: Parking for disabled is awful. Customer Service staff rude and unhelpful. Facilities dreadful. Ryanair employees the worst. We have been to Spain from various UK airports and Bournemouth is by far the worst.
Date VisitMay 2017