Best Cabin Crew

Boston Logan Airport

"very clean, well lit and well directed"

Used Boston Logan when on holiday a few months ago - flew BA to and from the airport. Reached the airport pretty late and the first impression I got is - this is a a really busy airport, if an intercontinental flight is held for 1/2 an hour awaiting a (vacant) gate allocation. Arrivals experience was somber - after you live in the UK where there is a lot of hype and over the counter talk of small things - the airport - right from the moment I got off the aircraft - to CBP (Customs and Border Protection aka "immigration") was a very utilitarian experience. Very clean, well lit and well directed. Staff are on hand all the time so if you are dazed and don't really know what the heavens is going on (typically at the end of long haul flights) - they will direct you with minimal fuss. Toilets are clean - America has again, this no-frills attitude - you want to use a toilet, you get an american toilet - simple. CBP staff - interacted with two - one a native Italian speaker about 52 who tried his humanly best to welcome and wake me up - but my apologies was tired. The other one was the lady who checked us off and stamped our passports - no silly questions. It is refreshing to see immigration control in America so different to the one in UK and India - not a hint of arrogance, questions asked - all that was said was "Welcome to America" - this is something I will remember for a long, long time. Departures: Very nice departures area - clean, well kept and no complaints - might be handy with heating started a bit higher please. Check in at the BA desk was a 5 minute affair - American staff have a smile and again are utilitarian unlike the English examples in the UK. Security is a big thing in America - you drink all the water if this exceeds 100 milliliters, get scanned - pat down - all with a smile. There is a fair amount of "duty free" shopping there - something well laid out too. Catering is not great - if you are hungry please eat first and then check in - food is expensive, staff are surly and bored and food quantities would not be enough for a baby. One thing - this is all about terminal E - international departures and arrivals. British Airways has gates E37 and E37A allotted (as of writing) - so you know where you going and these gates are in the left corner after you clear security.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

"from there it went downhill"

Signage to reach the airport very poor and misleading, we had a grand tour of Boston before actually managing to get there and that was with a satnav and apple maps. Rental car drop off smooth and transfer to terminal good. From there it went downhill. We had to wait an hour and a half for checin to open, once through security - thank god it was not busy because it was extra slow. Once airside, I expected to be able to relax in the airline lounge (Aer Lingus) only to find it did not open for 90 mins after check in opened. Once in the very small lounge we passed the time until boarding. A trip to the rest rooms showed an 'interesting' side to Logan airport. The hike along corridors took you past areas resembling a church hall jumble sale, a clothes rack strewn with discarded clothes, a store area for old and shabby furniture and I have it on good authority, though I did not investigate for obvious reasons that the men's urinals were rather full
Date VisitNovember 2015

"I was driving out less than ten minutes after I got off the bus"

Boston Logan has improved a great deal in recent years. I arrived without checked bags, so getting from the aircraft to the rental car shuttle took a little time. There is one bus route to the rental car center and the buses run frequently. As a member of the frequent rental program for the rental company I used I was able to walk to the left of the rental counter queues and go straight to the parking area. My name was on the board and I was driving out less than ten minutes after I got off the bus. Departure from Logan to head north on I-93 is trivial and well sign posted. If you don't mind the added cost of 'renting' a toll pass they really make things easy and I would recommend making sure you have one. Boston is reputed to have bad traffic but even on a holiday weekend I had no trouble following the exit through the tunnels and on to I93 north. Returning to the airport it is easy to find from I93 south. There is a gas station in the airport, but since I have GPS I use a cheaper gas station near the airport. Without the GPS I'd just use the in airport station. Drop-off is easy again, just follow the sign off the ramp for your rental company and then take the elevator to the 1st floor to get the shuttle back to the airport. I flew with Jet Blue so there were loads of self check-in booths and it only took a minute to print my boarding pass. I had paid for extra room which comes with a shorter security queue. Airside for Jet Blue is pretty crowded at busy times but they have free WiFi and there is power on every seat in the waiting area. There are enough bathrooms and they are clean and well maintained. I got coffee and DD and sat down to charge my toys while I waited. This isn't a first class lounge but it is OK for the rest of humanity. It could be better, they could have more space, the Internet could be faster. But it's a better place to wait than many.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

Boston Logan Airport customer review

Not enough staff to handle lines in baggage claim and at security checkpoints, so extremely long lines and wait times. Flight delayed multiple times by more than 2 hours. All bathroom toilets blocked up (tried 4, all were stopped up). Water fountains not working. Hot at gate/terminal areas. Customer service not helpful. Horrible experience.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Boston Logan Airport customer review

Boston Logan has maintained its abysmal record of uncleanliness in the women's restroom opposite the Delta Airlines boarding area. On a recent trip, as on a previous one in the fall of 2014, this restroom had dirty toilet stalls and nonfunctional "automated" sink handles. The airport is, in general, user-unfriendly. Yesterday I had intended to wait for a friend on an arriving flight in the cell-phone lot, which I'd not been to before. The signage to the lot was so confusing that instead I ended up in the central parking garage. Signage from the garage to the US Air arrivals area in the terminal was similarly unedifying; I had to ask an employee for directions. Same thing to navigate the return to the garage. The signage for the terminals and parking is not only confusing but also dangerous: any attempt to change lanes runs the risk of involving oneself in a crash with one of the numerous fast-approaching vehicles on one's tail. I always dread having to pick up anyone at Logan and often resort to telling visitors they must take a cab.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Boston Logan Airport customer review

I've flown out of here a few times recently as it tends to be cheaper than my hometown airport (MHT) the Virgin America boarding area is small for the number of flights it handles and places to eat in Terminal B are kind of sparse. With all the international carriers coming in as well as being a focus city for JetBlue BOS does need to step its game up if it wants to compete on the world stage of airports but at least its wifi works for the most part!

Boston Logan Airport customer review

Really sorry I chose to transit through Logan. With waiting for buses queuing surly TSA and airport staff it has got to be one of the poorest airports. They conspired to gobble up over 2 1/4 hrs in a simple transfer from Terminal B to E. Why an advanced country such as America and a wealthy city puts up with such a shambles I can only guess and it seams to be getting worse. The management need to get out and see how a proper airport is run.

Boston Logan Airport customer review

I love this airport didn't have to make a line for security since I had the TSA Pre-check. Terminal A is very clean and has some good restaurants.

Boston Logan Airport customer review

Huge delays even for US citizens. One line just to get to the computerized passport scanners then another line to talk to the immigration officers to collect the customs forms then yet another huge line for everybody where there is one person to collect the electronic printouts. This is going backwards not forwards in time and efficiency. And after a long international flights it is painful. The last line is for everybody and one person there to collect the forms. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Boston Logan Airport customer review

Taking a mid morning flight on Southwest arrived about 8am to get breakfast. Nothing open in entire airport but Dunkin Donuts. I am diabetic and nothing to choose from but donuts bagels etc. No tables at all so all the people on the long line had to balance their food and drinks on their laps or between their knees. Logan is an international airport so I am shocked that no restaurant is open at 9am.