Boston Logan Airport

"no appealing dining options"

Verified Review | Airport should be scraped from the ground and rebuilt from ground up. Massport's planning is grossly inadequate and infrastructure inadequate. This airport is a bad nightmare of 1960's shortsighted planning. Wifi is terrible, bathrooms filthy, no appealing dining options and surly staff.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"major overhaul is required"

Verified Review | At Terminal C the lines for security checks are a slow and tedious process, not because of thorough checking, no that would be acceptable. The reason for the tardy lines is the attitude and laziness of the (clearly not supervised) TSA agents. A major overhaul is required Boston, the airport is many people’s first, last and over-riding impression of a city. Boston’s Logan lets down an otherwise friendly place. Marty Walsh, it’s a good job no-one is running against you! The city should be ashamed of the TSA staff and the lasting impression of a lazy, poorly organised team, not what you see elsewhere in New England.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"rude and unhelpful today"

Unverified | Security staff terminal A. While I appreciate that they do a vital job for the safety of all of us, and they are under a lot of pressure, the security staff at terminal A were rude and unhelpful today. I was told off by one staff member for leaving one item in my pocket, as if I were already under some sort of investigation. It was a clear plastic wallet containing money, which I did not want exposed to public glare. I then found four trays of my belongings piling up at the end of the runners tipping over, being pushed by the following trays, risking my laptop, kindle and phone being sent crashing to the floor. I had to grab them and was left with an empty tray to get rid of, with nowhere to put it, and no staff offering to help. My reaction was to throw it back onto the runners as I felt I had no other choice, and the staff thought I was throwing it at them. I admit my reaction was not the best one, but I felt pushed into a corner by the staff doing nothing to help me and being rather aggressive. When I asked where I could go to sort my things out the answer was "I dunno, get outta here". Unhelpful, rude. This contrasts markedly with the courtesy, helpfulness, and friendliness of everybody else we have met in Boston, including strangers. It also contrasts with the attitude of security staff at other airports I have travelled from recently, such as London Heathrow, Arrecife Lanzarote and Gibraltar. I apologise for my own reaction, but may I respectfully suggest your terminal A security staff undergo some more training in how to be constructively helpful and courteous?
Date VisitOctober 2017

"very sad impression left"

Verified Review | Congrats on the helpfulness and speed of arriving through customs - person directing flow and the immigration officer were very helpful and friendly - however that's where it stopped - the baggage claim attendants were obviously more interested in their phones and being obstructive than helpful - I was directed to the wrong carousel and when I actually found where my bag was I was told "to be nice" to people who were trying to "help" me - all I wanted was my bag not to be given a lecture by someone in a customer service area (after an horrendous 48hrs of trying to get to Boston) - very sad impression left of what should be a smooth process given the international reputation of the country; staff perhaps need to be reminded they are in a position to assist not lecture when a simple question was asked. I cannot overall rate effectively as for the arrival and customs staff I would rate 10/10 but the baggage claim staff I would be flat out giving a 1/10 - recommendation I have said yes - only because it doesn't allow me to separate between areas and it is the only way into Boston.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"serves its purpose reasonably well"

Verified Review | Seems to be getting an undeserved bad rep here. It's a major airport on the East Coast, expect lines to exist. It's not JFK, but it's busy, and there's lots of people coming through here. Otherwise, it's not bad: free and decent wifi, decent selection of food options, plenty of seating, cleanliness is fine, signage is decent (the only place in Boston where that's the case, however!). It's an airport, it's not the happiest place, but for the most part, it serves its purpose reasonably well.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"tons of them doing absolutely nothing"

Verified Review | Our arrival was incredibly simple, but we didn't check bags so it was pretty simple. It was the departure that was frustrating. We made it to the airport in good time - about an hour before take-off, made it through the first ID and boarding pass check quickly. Then the security bit. The TSA agents were flat out rude. Not only were they getting frustrated and unnecessarily annoyed with a woman who clearly did not speak English (after they asked her to do something 4 or 5 times and then getting progressively angry with her I finally had to tell them she obviously doesn't understand), but there were tons of them doing absolutely nothing. Both our bags were held because I had saline solution that I knew needed to be tested and my partner forgot he had carried in our water bottle. We and 2 or 3 other folks sat at the end at the security check point for (and this is a rough estimation) about 10-15 minutes before anyone started checking bags, but there were security people sitting around. Talking with each other. Standing around. And all the while our plane is about ready to begin boarding. I was furious. After waiting another 5-10 minutes for our bags to be checked and for my partner to go through security (a second time) with their water bottle we were finally able to make it to our gate. The guy who looked through our bag was nice, but it was like no one knew what their job was that day! Overall I hope I never have to fly out of this airport again. I've never been so annoyed or had this much trouble travelling.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"airport was hot and stuffy"

Unverified | Flight 2863 arrived into Boston from Manchester U.K. I had a connecting flight to Tampa. Had to go through immigration then collect my luggage and walk miles to connecting flight terminal. I was sent to wrong line by the terminal reps who did not know what they were doing they were very unfriendly and not helpful. The airport was hot and stuffy. Long lines and unfriendly personnel. To make matters worst I had to go through airport security second time for same flight. It was the worst experience I've ever had.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"Deeply disappointed"

Unverified | I am unhappy with this airport. First of all, the staff at the terminal C Jetblue counter are rude and don't tell you whether or not your bag is overweight. They also seem to not know what gate flights are at. Deeply disappointed, though wifi is good. Unfortunately, I have to fly through Logan once a year.
Date VisitApril 2017

"horrible, inexcusable delays"

Unverified | I have never found Logan Airport to be efficient or well-run. It's runway renovations are causing horrible, inexcusable delays. I am sitting on a Dallas runway waiting to take off to Boston on a Sunday morning and we have already been delayed twice. Three weeks ago, I experienced a six hour delay due to this same thing. I am going to start driving to RI or other airports rather than waste time trying to use Logan. Colleagues of mine in Boston are also doing the same.
Date VisitJune 2017

"security very slow, badly organised"

I flew from Boston Logan a few weeks ago on my own. Getting into the airport is good - traffic was well organised and I parked easily. This was the only good comment I can make. Security / bag check must be the worst airport I have travelled through. Very slow, badly organised, unacceptably long queues. Surly unhelpful staff. Extremely poor choice of dining. The usual Fast food (very busy). A restaurant was dingy with long queues. A wine bar looked okay. The staff were overworked but pleasant and trying their best. No food after 9:00. My flight was 22:40. The toilets were smelly. I travelled through again this week. Exactly the same. Send someone to look at Gatwick or Terminal 5 Heathrow to see how it should be done. I gave it 2 due to good parking.
Date VisitApril 2017