Bogota Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

Review by (France)

All new nice but wifi not working properly in national hall terminal 1 and no quasi no charging place. Fast security check.

Review by (Chile)

I pass through this airport on a regular basis both national and international terminals most recently at the end of April and beginning of May 2015. In general the airport facilities are good check-in procedures are generally quick as is the security process. Before passing security there are several restaurants at the end of the terminal building on level 3 after the national check-in area. A Juan Valdez cafe is being constructed in front of the international check-in area. There is a reasonable selection of shops in the international duty free area but a very limited selection of restaurants. WiFi in the whole airport is free but very poor the cafes and restaurants don't have their own WiFi zones. There are no options to buy pre-paid SIM cards for the major operators at the airport. A major problem currently is the airport taxi service on exiting the customs area in arrivals you will be immediately and aggressively pursued by taxi operators. Normal (yellow) city taxis queue outside (there are separate queues for national and international arrivals) but overcharging is now rife taxi drivers try to charge a COP 40000 fee for transfer whereas a metered taxi would correctly charge at most COP 28000.

Bogota Airport customer review

Review by (United Arab Emirates)

The Airport is modern and clean. It is the best in South America and is better than many airports in the USA. The immigration staff are fast and friendly and luggage delivery time is excellent. My only criticism of the Airport is that it is too grey and it does not have enough greenery (indoor plants etc.) in a country that is so green and colourful.

Review by (Germany)

I was very surprised by the quality of this airport. It's nice and has everything you need. The staff are very courteous and at every corner there is someone to help you. The staff starting from the airlines agents customs duty free and shops are excellent. The airport was absolutely clean and totally new renovation that makes for me one of the tops in the world. I live close by Düsseldorf and I'm proud of this small airport.

Review by (Colombia)

This review refers to the Domestic Terminal I had to fly from Medellin to Bogota and return the same day. El Dorado International Airport may well have improved their International facilities but it appears at the expense of their Domestic clients. For the Country's main airport this is a disgrace The Airport Staff were not helpful also surly and you could hardly blame the there is very limited seating for waiting passengers until you had´ passed security to the gate (This also applies to International Passengers) I had a a six hour wait for my return flight and was expected to stand the whole time it was that or sit on the floor. I suffer with my back so asked which Gate I would be leaving from and was told that it was not assigned until an hour before the flight therefore I could not even go through and sit airside. In comparison to MDE Medellin Bogota is light-years behind If you ever have to wait for a flight I would suggest taking a taxi to a nearby Shopping Mall and pass the time there before heading to the Airport Passenger satisfaction is the last thing on their minds!

Review by (France)

Very good airport. Probably the best in the region. It is spacious clean and quieter than others I've been through in South America. The staff was polite and efficient. Check-in and customs were quite fast. The bad thing is that there are no decent restaurants after the passport control.

Bogota Airport customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Domestic flight with Copa to San Andres. The airport is new but the facilities are almost non-existent. The international section of the terminal has restaurants and nice shops but the domestic side has only one shop a Dunkin Donuts with overpriced although very good coffees and muffins. What a shame. The queue was very large.

Review by (France)

Excellent facilities probably the best airport in the region by far. Still needs to finish the ongoing work but it now a world ranking airport.

Review by (France)

Nice experience good facilities. The new Eldorado is a real international airport you have everything you need when you have some connecting time. Big and pleasant business lounges a bit crowded at peak hours but still very comfortable.

Bogota Airport customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

I arrived 29 May and immigration was empty so was quick to get through. Bags were out very fast. Problem was on leaving the customs area I was stopped by a policeman (he was in a group of three) who body searched me and forced me to show him how many dollars I had. He was incredibly rude when I protested (I speak Spanish). I complied with what I was asked but found this experiences most unpleasant. I have travelled extensively in the last 25 years and have been to over 70 countries but have never encountered a situation whereby a policeman actually searched me and insisted on my showing him my wallet and its contents. No idea what his intentions were but I did not feel comfortable with a body search on entering a country and being forced to empty the content of my wallet.