Belfast City Airport

Review by (United Kingdom) 17th March 2015

Travelled yesterday and met with the rudest and over the top security staff from G4S security check in. I'm all for the safety and security of our air space and I also believe common sense is essential when dealing with situations as when people stop travelling it will mean no jobs at the airport. I couldn't believe the G4S supervisor on duty at around 11am publicly and rudely told me that security at Heathrow were not doing their job properly by allowing me to travel with same liquids they were refusing me to travel from Belfast ie pressed powder 20ml shower gel mascara and 20ml toothpaste. I was kept at security for about 35 minutes just because the length of my mascara would not allow the plastic bag clip close and she made me feel like a criminal when another traveller who saw the silliness of the whole situation offered to carry my mascara in her much bigger plastic bag. Eventually another G4S staff who had common sense allowed me through seeing what an unnecessary aggravation I had been put through. Would not recommend this airport due to the G4S staff.

Review by (United Kingdom) 13th October 2014

The outbound experience was OK the flight was delayed by just over an hour a small delay in the world of airports but with this airport being so small it did mean that time started to drag just a little. Had the flight departed on time then there should be just enough to keep most people entertained enough prior to boarding. Security staff were OK to pleasant enough in contrast to my last visit. Although oddly despite checking in online it took a while at the airline check in counter as they printed our parties boarding passes again as apparently security prefer the "proper" ones that the check in desk produces. The only gripe but it's a fairly big one was that on return we were practically thrown out of the terminal with a group of other passengers as despite our plane only touching down at 9.15 we had to be collected by bus from the plane though immigration collect our bags and be out of the terminal and off the property by 10.00! The lady who came out to shoo us all out wasn't really that polite about it either and with our party and 1 of the others having passengers in wheelchairs this process is a little more time consuming. On going outside to the drop off/pick up area to await our lift we were then told again (a little more friendly this time) by a man that we'd better be quick as there would soon be someone going passed to lock up the main entrance/exit gate! The lady had said they were closing at 10.00 and repeated that they aren't a 24hr operation that's fine but its not a reason to close the whole terminal and throw everyone out on the street so abruptly.

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th September 2014

Staff in this airport very abrasive including security taxi and 600 shuttle bus drivers to the city centre.

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th September 2014

Fairly quick through security though not all screening positions were in use. This airport seems to be getting more busy each time I visit and sometimes it is difficult to find seating.

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th August 2014

This airport is disgraceful. The G4S staff getting you through security have to be the worst i have experienced in my worldwide travels. What they don't seem to understand is they are not providing a good service and visitors to Belfast get a terrible impression of what little the city has to offer. They need to have a good look at this airport as I and many friends prefer to travel to Dublin. Now that is an airport!

Review by (United Kingdom) 3rd July 2014

Departed to LHR late afternoon on 24 May and returned mid morning on 8 June. Check in and security fine - no delays but maybe that time on a Saturday is slack. Seats in the departure area dirty and litter lying about. the "gate" area literally a covered walkway with no seats is depressing - reminded me of BHD 25 years ago. On return luggage collection very slow for a 40% full flight and baggage area has a well worn appearance about it. Toilets in that area clearly had not been cleaned for some time. Would only recommend if no alternative.

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th May 2014

I went through the security check yesterday on 28th May 2014 about 7.15pm. The staff who was responsible on telling all passengers to put their liquids bag and coat on the tray was very rude. He was ordering us all "Go get a tray" "Put it on a tray" "Go out and check your bag in" "You go away". No eye contact at all. Even if we had not done it right but please be polite. Also the flight was delayed. Coffee shops rushed to shut by 8pm and they switched the lights off when there were still customers seating on 1/3 of their tables. They did not come over to table by table to inform us that they were closing. If they had told us we could had finished our food quickly and left the cafe. Unfriendly staff. We were all shocked and unhappy with the experience in Belfast City Airport.

Review by (United Kingdom) 21st May 2014

I flew from Belfast City airport to Leeds Bradford with my elderly Mum who is 94 . All I can say was from leaving Belfast on 15th May and coming back from Leeds Bradford on the 21st May was super. All the staff from wheelchair assisted floor staff greeting staff check in and cabin crew were helpful and pleasant . Many thanks to you all my journey was made so much easier with your help especially caring for my Mum.

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th December 2013

Snazzy little airport only five minutes on the bus from the city and inexpensive too. The usual array of shops and a bar called Bushmills are more than adequate for an airport of this size. A minor gripe was the walk down to the boarding gate a bit of a trek along a dark and dingy corridor with the wind howling in your ears. Boarding was speedy and the staff were excellent if only other airports would follow this example. A credit to the city of Belfast.

Review by (United Kingdom) 30th September 2013

A very poor first impression when arriving. Passengers are faced with a long walk down a dark and dingy corridor. The carpet tiles appear to be water stained - leaks from the roof perhaps? No air bridges here - you are exposed to the elements when boarding or disembarking. The seats in the main terminal are looking very tired - many have rips on the cushions and are well worn. On departure security would not accept my online boarding pass and I had to return to the check in desk to obtain a regular one. They said it was because the airline had changed the flight number! The airline stated that security hadn't updated their system - Poor service indeed.