Top 100 Airports

Bari Palese Airport

"lots more shops and new flights"

(Russian Federation)

When we arrived at Bari airport there was no queue for check in and security didn't have a big queue so we could eat around the airport. I noticed that the airport had expanded so it has lots more shops and new flights. There is a choice of 3 restaurants, 2 bars with the local drinks and food from the area. 1 pharmacy to collect sun cream and more, 2 small shops with guides to other countries, newspapers in over 4 languages and then another 5-7 shops selling DVDs, magazines, playing cards, food from the area, memories of Bari etc. Also it's easy to rent cars and only a 5-10 minute drive to areas in Bari and less than 3 minutes to the nearest beach.
Date VisitAugust 2016

(Poland)

Arrival was perfect. Departure - a different story: chaotic queues people crowding everywhere. Was given wrong boarding passes (for my wife while my wife got hers) had to come back and queue again. Security did not find a 1.5 litre bottle of water in my carry on luggage. Just one bathroom in service for the whole departure hall.

Bari Palese Airport customer review

Very pleasant modern local airport. good snack bar and drinks airside. 30 minute queue for check with BA to LGW spoilt it a bit. Many irate Italians wondering whether they would get home as Alitalia was on the verge of going bust.

Bari Palese Airport customer review

We arrived recently to Bari in the middle of the night. Everything worked without problems until we came to the empty taxi stand. It was past 1am and we were about ten people waiting for taxi without knowing how to inform any taxi company about our existence. When one car finally arrived the driver refused to call the station but at least he gave us the number. After a long while we managed to leave the airport. Our departure was in the early morning. Check-in queues were long in spite of four open counters but I think this is a common phenomenon for early morning flights when most people tend to be late and arrive at the same time. Otherwise no problems. I know nothing about the shops because of the odd hours we were there.