Barcelona Airport

Review by (New Zealand)

Arrived at 4am to T2 terminal to catch free shuttle to T1 terminal but no shuttle. Stupid really. If we waited until 5am we would have missed our plane. Taxi was 20 euro.

Review by (Netherlands)

Terminal 1 is really beautiful. There are a lot of windows which makes the building very light and spacious. The bag drop-off procedure went fine, as well as the security check. The facilities after security are very good, there are a lot of nice shops and many nice restaurants. The boarding procedure went well.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Review by (Ireland)

Having recently holidayed throughout Greece and flown out of Athens (it is interesting to make a comparison) and a week later I had reason to travel to Barcelona for a wedding. T1 in El Prat is chaos, not even organised chaos, just crazy - no effective operations management whatsoever. Normally would fly in and out of T2, on this occasion my departing flight was from T1. Chaos at check in, even more so at security nobody seems to be capable of organising anything at security everyone was just shoved into one line. Then the utter disaster that is passport control, out of the four desk available for gates D and E only two were manned on an extremely busy day at the airport. No overall manager, no operations management at all and can't visit any of the decent shops that are located downstairs. Athens airport in contrast is well organised and has shops in duty free and the staff at security and passport control throughout are friendly and helpful (despite the economic turmoil). Travelling by ferry throughout the greek islands despite strikes, delays etc was less traumatic than my experience at T1, so Barcelona airport authorities please take note.

Review by (Ireland)

Have travelled extensively all over the world and this was the worst airport experience I've had. Completely out of control queues for passport control. No staff assisting with these passengers starting arguments with each other due to stress. Missed my flight due to these queues. First time in my life to miss a flight. Arrived in reasonable time. Feel it was due to poor staffing and organisation of airport that this happened. I am sure a lot of people missed flights today. When this happens (missed flight) they only want you to get out with no assistance offered.

Review by (United Kingdom)

We have had very bad experiences at Barcelona airport. When we arrived we had problems with the help desk when querying our transfer. They were nothing short of unhelpful and actually quite rude. When departing our flight was cancelled due to an air traffic control strike and our treatment in the airport by airport staff and Ryanair staff was appalling. We were made to wait there all night in a queue without anyone coming to speak to us or offer us so much as a drink of water. All catering facilities shut and the airport help desk could not be more unhelpful and were incredibly rude. Even the security guard was rude when I reported a crime being committed that I had witnessed. The staff couldn't care less they may as well not be there. As the first people I met when I entered the country they created an appalling impression of Spanish hospitality.

Barcelona Airport customer review

Review by (United States)

Excellent Airport great food and places to shop. Much better than most airports of the same size. Rather to connect in BCN than LHR.

Review by (Spain)

I fly quite often for business and as I live in Barcelona always fly from BCN airport so I'm really surprised by some of the reviews with such bad marks. I love BCN airport easy to fly from here lot of shops places to eat modern very clear - so much better than other airports in Europe or USA. For those who fly from gates E & D it's a very clear sign before customs that from that point you can't go backwards and they invite you to go downstairs to shopping area before so easy to see the signs. Staff as friendly as in other airports. My only complaint is that lately luggage delivery takes too long (they need to improve that).

Review by (Sweden)

Electricity and internet - air and water in 2015. Come on wake up. In 2015 any airport should offer easy to access free wifi and many places to charge your phone pad pc. Sad to see Barcelona lingering - shape up!

Review by (United Kingdom)

Travelling from Barcelona to London Heathrow we were sent to Passport Control as we are non Shengen and then on to Gate D and E area. It is very sad that there is absolutely nothing to do there except stare into the shops and restaurants below. The airport should have some way for D and E gate passengers to go downstairs. Usually D and E gates are catering to non Schengen area / international passengers with more to spend! Surely Spain Airport Authorities should wake up and realise this potential! Overall the airport is bright and airy and nice just like any other but the lack of food and drink opportunities or shopping opportunities is a shame.

Review by (United Kingdom)

I have never encountered such rudeness! Quite unbelievable how they think it is fine to shout at you. I was trying to take my things out of the tray at customs and the female member of staff was shouting loudly at me in Spanish - I explained that I didn't understand. Her response was to shout: 'Take it to the table - I'm speaking English Do you understand now?' Other staff were all generally very unhelpful/rude on both arriving and leaving the airport. It really has put me off going again.