Barcelona Airport

Terminal Seating N/A

Review by (Ireland) 20th May 2015

Have travelled extensively all over the world and this was the worst airport experience I've had. Completely out of control queues for passport control. No staff assisting with these passengers starting arguments with each other due to stress. Missed my flight due to these queues. First time in my life to miss a flight. Arrived in reasonable time. Feel it was due to poor staffing and organisation of airport that this happened. I am sure a lot of people missed flights today. When this happens (missed flight) they only want you to get out with no assistance offered.

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th May 2015

We have had very bad experiences at Barcelona airport. When we arrived we had problems with the help desk when querying our transfer. They were nothing short of unhelpful and actually quite rude. When departing our flight was cancelled due to an air traffic control strike and our treatment in the airport by airport staff and Ryanair staff was appalling. We were made to wait there all night in a queue without anyone coming to speak to us or offer us so much as a drink of water. All catering facilities shut and the airport help desk could not be more unhelpful and were incredibly rude. Even the security guard was rude when I reported a crime being committed that I had witnessed. The staff couldn't care less they may as well not be there. As the first people I met when I entered the country they created an appalling impression of Spanish hospitality.

Review by (United States) 16th May 2015

Excellent Airport great food and places to shop. Much better than most airports of the same size. Rather to connect in BCN than LHR.

Review by (Spain) 13th May 2015

I fly quite often for business and as I live in Barcelona always fly from BCN airport so I'm really surprised by some of the reviews with such bad marks. I love BCN airport easy to fly from here lot of shops places to eat modern very clear - so much better than other airports in Europe or USA. For those who fly from gates E & D it's a very clear sign before customs that from that point you can't go backwards and they invite you to go downstairs to shopping area before so easy to see the signs. Staff as friendly as in other airports. My only complaint is that lately luggage delivery takes too long (they need to improve that).

Review by (Sweden) 14th April 2015

Electricity and internet - air and water in 2015. Come on wake up. In 2015 any airport should offer easy to access free wifi and many places to charge your phone pad pc. Sad to see Barcelona lingering - shape up!

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th April 2015

Travelling from Barcelona to London Heathrow we were sent to Passport Control as we are non Shengen and then on to Gate D and E area. It is very sad that there is absolutely nothing to do there except stare into the shops and restaurants below. The airport should have some way for D and E gate passengers to go downstairs. Usually D and E gates are catering to non Schengen area / international passengers with more to spend! Surely Spain Airport Authorities should wake up and realise this potential! Overall the airport is bright and airy and nice just like any other but the lack of food and drink opportunities or shopping opportunities is a shame.

Review by (United Kingdom) 3rd April 2015

I have never encountered such rudeness! Quite unbelievable how they think it is fine to shout at you. I was trying to take my things out of the tray at customs and the female member of staff was shouting loudly at me in Spanish - I explained that I didn't understand. Her response was to shout: 'Take it to the table - I'm speaking English Do you understand now?' Other staff were all generally very unhelpful/rude on both arriving and leaving the airport. It really has put me off going again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th February 2015

Have to agree with all the other annoyed and frustrated Gates D and E passengers. Yes the airport is light and airy and modern - yes check-in and security is quick and easy - and yes getting to and from the airport on the Aerobus is efficient. But from then on it falls down - poor signage leads you into airport hell. After security there is nothing to indicate that you need to go down the escalators to reach all the gorgeous glamorous shops they are so proud of - if you follow signs through passport control into your zone (D or E) you'll be trapped with nothing but a McD's and an expensive coffee bar for comfort while you watch everyone else enjoying themselves downstairs in freedom-land from your glass box.

Review by (Canada) 4th December 2014

Landing in BCN's T2 and spending 1 hour before a connecting flight was a very smooth experience. The high ceilings brightness of the place and the spacious shops and food outlets added to the positive experience. The only negative thing was the lack of maps about the terminal and a listing of shops/services and the location of gates. Even one of the information stands didn't have this visible in a brochure format.

Review by (Spain) 31st October 2014

Terminal 1. Arrived on Swiss from Zurich at 22.30 on 25th October. Barcelona airport ground handling is near the worst in Europe! Once again on arriving the checked in bags took well over 45 minutes to arrive. Unfortunately this is standard for this airport in the past 3 years I have used it.