Vote Now

Barcelona Airport

"love Barcelona airport"

(Spain)

Verified Review | I love Barcelona airport. Signage is very clear. When you arrive to the airport by car, the parking is good, there's plenty of parking lots. Then, at the arrivals hall, all is very new. The staff are very nice and they always try to help you. The security control is good, not too restrictive. There are info screens everywhere and the toilets smell very good. Big airport and a very good one.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"waiting time to get luggage is always long"

(Spain)

Verified Review | I am a Barcelona local and the waiting time to get checked luggage is always terribly long. Plus, staff use one air bridge for 4 different flights while bridges around are empty. Terrible place, horrible organization and unpleasant staff. Horrible welcome for foreigners. I am ashamed of this.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"an absolutely appalling airport all round"

Verified Review | An absolutely appalling airport all round, from organisation to staff behaviour. Arrived perfectly on time for a flight home today and ended up in what can only be described as a crowd riot. Absolutely shocking, no format to any queues, just huge crowds of people pushing each other trying to get through the passport control check after having queued for an extremely long time to check in just before this. Staff, in particular the passport control workers were extremely rude and unhelpful. I would suggest a serious meeting here in organisation skills and in customer service. It is completely and utterly unacceptable in such a busy airport.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"just gave up and just sat down and waited for my next flight"

Verified Review | Horrible experience. Very rude employees. I arrived at the airport on Feb 18 2017 almost midnight. I was looking for the hotel that was supposed to be in terminal 1. There were no signs anywhere that led you to the hotel. I approached the information center in terminal 1. Two ladies were working that night. I have never met anyone as rude as these employees. They were very rude with answering my questions, I was told to go outside and just wait for the bus to take me to the hotel. When I told her the hotel was supposed to be inside the terminal she kept saying go stand outside and take a shuttle. So I went outside waited for half an hour until a bus came. It was midnight by that time, I was so exhausted and had to catch a flight at 7am. The bus didn't know where the hotel was and told me to ask inside. So I went back inside to ask the ladies again and as soon as the staff member saw me she turned her back on me and ignored me. I was so shocked that these women are working in the booth. They had no skills at customer service at all. I ended up going upstairs to see if I could just checked in early. As I was looking I saw another information center so I asked the staff that was working there how to get to the hotel. He did not know either. After looking everywhere I just gave up and just sat down and waited for my next flight.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"this airport is very poorly managed"

This airport is very poorly managed. We had a 1.20 pm flight, my husband has mobility issues so he was in a wheelchair. The line to check in at the KLM counter was about two blocks long. We got in that line at 10 am and one hour later we were still on it. Many people who were on the 11.30 am flight to Amsterdam missed the flight because they had only 3 employees on the counters and they were extremely slow in processing passengers. Eventually, one other passenger told me to go speak to a supervisor to try and process us faster since I was pushing the wheelchair and my husband was having to "walk" the suitcases, one on each side of his chair. She was rude and reluctant (I am fluent in Spanish) but eventually she took me to a counter cutting the line and processing us. When we got to the security checkpoint, they told us they had issued two boarding passes in my husband's name and none on mine! I had to leave my husband at checkpoint, run to check-in counters and tried to find a supervisor to listen to me while other passengers were looking at me like I was trying to get ahead of them. Eventually I found an employee who took me to a counter and was given 2 correct boarding passes. After security checkpoint they took us to a concourse and the employee left us there and took the chair. Eventually another employee showed up with a car and took us to a place in our concourse where we waited to be called to the airplane. There has to be a better way to man the check-in counters. On top of that, employees are rather rude and do not try to make the long wait any easier. Barcelona airport has still a lot to learn to make itself attractive to international passengers.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"the signage is extremely unclear"

Such a pathetic airport. At first it seems pretty nice with its nice infrastructure and premium design. However, this in itself is extremely misleading to the users of this airport. The signage is extremely unclear and as I walked down the gate hall, people were queuing for their flight right in the midde of the hall, preventing me from reaching the baggage collection. After more than 10 minutes of walking towards the baggage claim area, the luggage has not even arrived. This rotation platform is shared by 5 flights and only begins to move after 30 minutes. It then takes another 5 minutes for bags to begin to arrive.
Date VisitJanuary 2017

"rude and totally unnecessary"

We arrived at terminal 2 and made our way through the security etc - our boarding passes checked so many times - went for coffee and Duty Free and went to check when our flight boarded only to realise we should have been in terminal 2C - not once had anyone at all the numerous checks either realised our error or pointed it out to us. Making our way to terminal 2C we had to go through the security again - I was confronted by an extremely rude aggressive young woman who was almost screaming at me about the sherry I had bought in terminal 2B. Eventually I found my receipt and she appeared to be told by other staff it was ok for me to take through. Rude and totally unnecessary.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"signage is slightly odd"

Verified Review | I traveled via the relatively new Terminal 1. T1 is modern, very spacious, light and has a nice architecture. I was impressed by the two open-air courtyards with some small F&B outlets located on airside. Check-in and passenger security are quick. There are lots for good shops and F&B outlets throughout the central terminal building. The central area of the terminal is quite impressive. Signage is slightly odd, as there are physically 3 finger piers, but the signage refers to 5 concourses or boarding areas. Didn't figure out how the naming works. Walking distances are relatively long. Not a lot of seating in boarding area.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"staff so rude, no time or patience for anyone"

Horrible place. Staff so rude, no time or patience for anyone. Stressful time for all, lost luggage which was eventually found on floor in arrival, so much for security. Poor communication and bad announcements on departure. English sounded just like Spanish, all to be made out was Bristol and thank you. Drunks who were loud waiting to board were not approached by staff prior to departure to be quiet or even fit to travel (thank goodness they were not on our flight). Good holiday in Barcelona spoiled by airport experience. Nice to get back at Bristol with a please and a thank you.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"there is nothing past international departures"

(New Zealand)

There is nothing past international departures. There's a relay, duty free, Mcdonalds and a cafe. No shopping whatsoever. Very dissapointed because I can see all the shops just below me but there is no way to get to them from international departures.
Date VisitOctober 2016