Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

"very disappointed with their manners"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Thai Airways was really good but when you arrive at the information counter to ask some questions both staff members, ladies and men on duty were extremely rude. They have no manners and just shout at you telling you your gate no. I’m very disappointed with their manners, all this while I have been deceived thinking they were very helpful and friendly.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"shockingly bad"

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | Honestly. Fourth time here this year and it is awful. If your Thai no problem, no lines and preferential service. Everyone else, line up we want to ensure your reach your hotel more tired and frustrated than you knew you could be! Lots of bad reviews. All true. Shockingly bad.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"avoid this airport if possible"

Not Verified | The toilets are horrid. You could smell them before you approach the entrance. Food is nothing compared to street food. Fast food chains crammed with people. And the shops in public and transit areas are so disorganized. Wifi is virtually non-existent in transit areas. I don’t even feel like mentioning about the seating areas, queuing times and passenger service. Very arrogant ground staff and makes me wonder if they have had any customer service training at all! Avoid this airport if possible! I had no choice but to visit Thailand which I won’t ever visit again. This airport just makes me sick to the core.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"A dreadful experience"

Not Verified | A dreadful experience after check in. I travel Business Class. I am fit and 76 years old however I do not find stairs easy - not a problem for airports with lifts and escalators. However a big problem for Suvarnabhumi. The walk from the business class lounge to the gate which was the furthest away possible from the lounge took fifteen minutes. I then had to wait for a bus on which, fortunately I got a seat. Then a wait for the bus to fill up. No air conditioning of course. Then the drive to the plane parked miles from the airport building. Then no offer of assistance to get up the long flight of steps to the plane. An airport worker kindly took my carry on bag while I hauled myself up the steps. Not a good experience. My two previous flights in November by Thai Airways, one London Bangkok the other Auckland Bangkok also involved steps and a bus journey on arrival. Is Suvarnabhumi Airport deliberately doing this to Thai Airways? How can I avoid this? No Thai Airways staff offered any help whatsoever. Unfortunately I am booked to travel by Thai through Suvarnabhumi in December and January.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"immigration takes an extremely long time"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Please make sure you enter into the queue for the immigration check at least 3 hours prior to your flight. The immigration takes an extremely long time. I entered the queue 90 minutes prior to my flight but I just could not go through. I had to apologise to people waiting and move forward without waiting. Despite that, I was the last person to board my Qatar Airways Doha flight prior to gate closing. You also have to consider the gate design. Gates are designed in a single line and the higher your number of the gate the longer it takes to arrive the gate.
Date VisitDecember 2016

"great service, short queues and quick exit"

Trip Verified | BKK is a very busy airport so has to cope with millions of passengers and this makes some things difficult. Arrival to Bangkok was smooth - great service, short queues and quick exit. Departure was much, much harder - 45 mins queue for bag drop and then 45 mins queue at security. I noticed an unattended bag before clearing security, and was concerned about it, but there was literally no airport staff around to report it. Had to rush to the gate so never was able to report it! The lengthy queues did not allow me time to shop around. And when I reach departures, there is no food or coffee around. Had to walk almost a mile to find a coffee and there was no seating available.

"Dreadful experience"

Trip Verified | Dreadful experience. Unneccesary long queuing lines, but even more important hardly any seating areas and hardly any restaurants to eat at. The foodcourt has a poor choice in restaurants and only about twelve tables to eat at. The airport is only designed to make as Much sales in retail as possible but absolutely ignored all possibilities for a comfortable travel experience. Suvarnabhumi shame on you.

"Terrible experience"

Unverified | Impossible line up for passport control. I waited one and a half hours with no seating, no water and no one that seemed to care about this massive problem in a country that relies on tourism. This will be my last trip to Thailand. I am in my sixties and felt quite ill while waiting in line. Terrible experience.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"I just dread returning to"

Unverified | My job takes me around Asia regularly. This airport I just dread returning to. It is by far the worst for immigration processing in my 20 years experience. Bored, slow and lazy old men seem to deliberate for 5-8 minutes per person. They don't seem to like their work or the travellers who pay for their jobs. It is such an irony that a country that relies so much on tourism and visitors is inefficient at managing its Airport flow rates, and creating angst for visitors. Most other countries near by like Vietnam and Myanmar have far superior processing capacity and technology. I am sure my case is not unique, or am I just arriving at the wrong time of day?
Date VisitMarch 2017

"You should be ashamed Thailand"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Completely lack security and standards. All staff from cleaners to immigration officers are busy on their smartphones while passengers are left waiting in long queues in a disorganized airport where management is either incompetence or invisible. You should be ashamed Thailand.
Date VisitOctober 2017