Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

"blasting out random announcements"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Used this airport twice in 3 weeks, plus over 50 times during last 4 years so I have a level of understanding. Immigration less than 10 minutes on both last 2 occasions. Emigration 1 hour 3 weeks ago and 10 minutes today. Clean, functional and full of decent shopping. Downsides - the continued noise in 3 languages warning of imminent departures which are not necessary. The English announcement incorrectly using the article 'of' instead of 'for' repeatedly played hundreds of times for years and years and the inability for anyone in authority to realise that such a mistake in the recording has been made and actually do anything about it. It is 28c in the departures area but you cannot sit next to the AC vents because they have loud speakers in them blasting out random announcements.
Date VisitApril 2018

"Good signage and directions"

Trip Verified | Extremely busy airport for 2am. Easy to check in and get around the airport. Good signage and directions. Smoking rooms available in the actual departure terminal. Clean and no issues through security. As a solo female traveler I was at ease in the airport and comfortable.
Date VisitApril 2018

"not to have a smoking area"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | It’s inconceivable not to have a smoking area in an airport with this dimension. Smokers need to smoke, it’s an addiction, and like any addiction, deprivation will have its’ consequences: passengers who smoke and aren’t allowed to, while waiting in transit, will get anxious and irritated: is it really worth it? Negative points. A whole lot of them.
Date VisitApril 2018

"Baggage handling was also quick"

Trip Verified | Arriving in this airport does not have any issue. They have dedicated walkways for arriving passengers. Signage and Directions are posted in each corner of the airport. Queue in the immigration during my visit was around 10-15 minutes. Baggage handling was also quick since I got my baggage really fast. I also liked their system for getting an airport taxi. You will have to take a ticket which indicates which bay your taxi is waiting. During departure, you definitely need to be in the airport at least 3 hrs before your flight. The check-in agents were a bit slow on processing. I arrived in the airport at 1:30PM and got out of immigration almost 3:00 PM. Didn't had the luxury to visit their lounge and stroll around the duty free area.
Date VisitApril 2018

"28c in the departures area"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Used this airport twice in 3 weeks plus over 50 times during last 4 years so I have a level of understanding. Immigration less than 10 minutes on both last 2 occasions. Emigration 1 hour 3 weeks ago and 10 minutes today. Clean, functional and full of decent shopping. Downsides - the continued noise in 3 languages warning of imminent departures which are not necessary. The English announcement incorrectly using the article 'of' instead of 'for' repeatedly played hundreds of times for years and years and the inability for anyone in authority to realise that such a mistake in the recording has been made and actually do anything about it. It is 28c in the departures area but you cannot sit next to the AC vents because they have loud speakers in them blasting out random announcememts.

"full of rude staff"

Trip Verified | The 'Airport of Smiles' that is full of rude staff, unorganised queue and crowded elevators I travelled with my partner to Thailand for Songkran Festival. On our departure, we discovered the worst airport experience we have ever had. Although a big crowd was expected for the festival, the queue was terribly organised. There was no one helping to organise the queue. All the passengers were just confusedly flowing to random lanes at security check and immigration points. My partner and I went to the immigration counter together as we have normally done in other airports in many places. On our arrival, we had no problem doing so. For this time, the officer angrily asked me what I was doing. I did not expect what we thought to be normal to provoke his anger. I politely replied "can I not wait here". He rudely told me to step back. When I got to him, I told him I thought it would speed things up for him to have all the passports at hand. He was even angrier and found an excuse that he only has two hands and there is only one camera. He kept his angry face going and scolded me even harder about the 'queuing policy'. I gave up in believing in the 'airport of smiles'. I believe many places that I have visited prefer visitors who travel together to be at the counter together. Even if this is not the case for Suvarnabhumi Airport, there should be signs indicating so. Rude officers do not help to ease airport congestion, but worsen it. Given the long unorganised queue behind me, the officer already wasted almost a minute scolding me. I strongly urge the airport management and relevant authorities to urgently investigate the airport's operation efficiency, including staff attitudes and queue management. Thailand has a reputation of being the kingdom of smiles - do not ruin it.
Date VisitApril 2018

"the experience just gets more frustrating"

Not Verified | Took three hours to go through departure immigration. Worst experience ever, I have traveled on many occasions from Bangkok Airport and the experience just gets more frustrating with such long queues. This is definitely the reason why many people are put off from returning here.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"everything is very neat and clean"

Not Verified | When I landed at the Suvarnabhumi airport, I was really taken aback by the sheer size and number of people commuting from there. It is a big airport with all the modern facilities that travellers can think of. Lot of airlines fly their flights from this airport. People and staff are quite helpful and everything is very neat and clean. A great experience altogether.
Date VisitMay 2017

"Immigration stupidity"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Immigration stupidity. After a long late evening flight, I was very pleasantly surprised to see no queues at the immigration. Unfortunately the positive was quickly turned into negative due to utter stupidity. Why dear Thai immigration do you have one staff member checking the correctness of the immigration forms and 10 Immigration desk staffed to process them. Yes, it was a stupid and completely unnecessary bottleneck. Please wake your management up from their smartphones and rethink the whole process including the use of the immigration forms. Just really happy I arrived at a not busy time.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"Complete chaos"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Complete chaos. The queue for security started from downstairs of the escalators and continued all the way to the immigration. Due to immigration being the normal bottleneck the security staff had to stop security screening and wait for the immigration to catch up. Absolutely a circus that is an embarrassment to Thailand. When will they start looking at the whole immigration process and learn from experts overseas and get rid of these stupid immigration paper forms and old fashion passport stamping.
Date VisitFebruary 2018